• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.4

1. Feb 21, 2011
    Classic fish-out-of-water setup -- smartass Brits stuck in a Hollywood where they find the values of the natives fascinating and appalling. What they don't quite realize is how much they're being corrupted as they make cracks about the corruption. What keeps it from being off-putting is the touching portrait of a marriage of genuine friends. (Ironic since it is an alum of FRIENDS whoClassic fish-out-of-water setup -- smartass Brits stuck in a Hollywood where they find the values of the natives fascinating and appalling. What they don't quite realize is how much they're being corrupted as they make cracks about the corruption. What keeps it from being off-putting is the touching portrait of a marriage of genuine friends. (Ironic since it is an alum of FRIENDS who most threatens it.) One of the best comedy shows to be produced for Showtime. Expand
  2. Feb 24, 2011
    This is a clever little show that brings on refreshingly honest approach to the state of network television from the last 10 years. What I like about this show the most is how they mix ed dry British humor with the more eccentric comedy Americans are used to.
  3. Jan 14, 2011
    As someone who watched the show (unlike these below), it was a well done very smartly written show that hit home as far as our (lack of) love for British humor. I am looking forward to more (and when Matt meets the writers. I read a previous review that stated it starts a little slow so I suppose the user reviews below reflected those who have an attention span of a goldfish. I recallAs someone who watched the show (unlike these below), it was a well done very smartly written show that hit home as far as our (lack of) love for British humor. I am looking forward to more (and when Matt meets the writers. I read a previous review that stated it starts a little slow so I suppose the user reviews below reflected those who have an attention span of a goldfish. I recall another brilliant friends alumni show The Comeback which also was low rated so I suppose I'll be one of the few, but I do those who like smart TV will come aboard. Expand
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    Absolutely delightful! I have never watched a single episode of 'Friends' ( not my kind of comedy) so I didn't know anything about Matt LeBlanc. He is outstanding in the role of the boorish American actor with the boyish charm, as are the two unassuming Brits who end up being simultaneously appalled and impressed.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    The first 10 minutes are awful, hell even the pilot is bad, but if you bear through it, then I have a feeling you will have a new favorite sitcom. The cast is wonderful, and Matt manages to be Joey without really being Joey and that is a huge plus for me. The season-long question of one of the supporting cast member's age is something everyone should pay attention to, because it deliversThe first 10 minutes are awful, hell even the pilot is bad, but if you bear through it, then I have a feeling you will have a new favorite sitcom. The cast is wonderful, and Matt manages to be Joey without really being Joey and that is a huge plus for me. The season-long question of one of the supporting cast member's age is something everyone should pay attention to, because it delivers some solid jokes and humor. Expand
  6. Jun 20, 2012
    after a long pause matt le balnc came up with the new show, new character very funny and hilarious and i just one to say it's worth watching and i can not stop laughing "good one "
  7. Nov 6, 2013
    One remarkable thing about this program is its ability to portray a strong marriage, albeit one with crack. Surprisingly, really, just how emotional things get between the two Brits.

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Feb 3, 2011
    LeBlanc is brilliant; the writing and direction are brilliant; the show is brilliant.
    Episodes is great--the sharpest sitcom debut this year. Among other excellent qualities, it's actively funny, with none of the dramedy lumpiness that spoils other half-hour offerings (bad camp, faux-energy badinage, heavy-handed sentimentality).
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Jan 11, 2011
    It's a light, clever performance. But Episodes never convinces us this is really Hollywood. [17 Jan 2011, p.40]