• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 15
8.2

1. Jun 20, 2015
    The show isn't really about Chris Rock's childhood is Bed-Stuy (which could be obvious), but that doesn't make it a bad show. The show is downright hilarious, and I have laughed hysterically at this show in the past. With race and black culture jokes and satire thrown in for good measure, it actually does a good job at showing people what all-black neighborhoods were like in the 1980s.The show isn't really about Chris Rock's childhood is Bed-Stuy (which could be obvious), but that doesn't make it a bad show. The show is downright hilarious, and I have laughed hysterically at this show in the past. With race and black culture jokes and satire thrown in for good measure, it actually does a good job at showing people what all-black neighborhoods were like in the 1980s. This show actually does a good job at exaggerating some stuff for comedic effect, as does Chris Rock himself with the narration, which is also outrageously hilarious. This show is easily one of my favorites ever, and always will be. Unless you don't like the subject at hand, you will definitely laugh out loud at this hysterically funny sitcom. Expand
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    Very good! I own every series and they are easily re-watchable. Good humour, and just overall fun! Tyler James Willam is a brilliant fit for Chirs. Terry Cruise just adds to the humour!
  3. Oct 13, 2010
    A very clever funny show that is both original and fun to watch. It has references to the present about the past and references to those great 80s moments that they relive. For example Chris tries to go to a Run DMC concert and when he misses it, Greg tells him Aerosmith was there and sang Walk this way. Very classic 80s moment.
  4. MatanC
    Oct 31, 2007
    Everybody Hates Chris is a unique sitcom. It doesn't deliver the big rolling laughs every 25 seconds, like Friends or Seinfeld, because the comic situations are not as sharp or, well, comic. The show is just about this boy's life, who happens to be really amusing- the show won't use absurd situations for the laughs, or poison-smart dialouges for conversations- it's Everybody Hates Chris is a unique sitcom. It doesn't deliver the big rolling laughs every 25 seconds, like Friends or Seinfeld, because the comic situations are not as sharp or, well, comic. The show is just about this boy's life, who happens to be really amusing- the show won't use absurd situations for the laughs, or poison-smart dialouges for conversations- it's real life. and it was never so funny. Chris Rock's graciously snide remarks are intelligent, Tichina Arnold as Rochelle excels as the all-controlling-mama-of-the-house but still manages to not fall for stereotypes of the character, and the magnificent row of neighborhood sidekicks (and Chris's teacher) is the best part of the show. Tyler James Williams leads the show with confidence, and for a change, we would like to see him ending an episode as anything but a loser (seriously, if anyone had this troubled childhood...). Highly recommended. Expand
  5. SaaraS
    Feb 22, 2007
    This show is the best show in the whole world I love it to bits!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. SelexaB
    Feb 19, 2007
    Everybody Hates Chris is a funny Tv show. Its something me and my family can watch together and laugh together on. If this was a movie it would get 2 thumbs up from me!!!
  7. LindaP
    Dec 31, 2006
    Most original and refreshing show I've seen in a long time!
  8. I.R.
    Dec 8, 2006
    Everybody hates Chris is a great show, wraping up the childhood of Chris Rock and making it funny at the same time!
  9. WilliamN
    Oct 28, 2006
    Progressive show that is much needed.
  10. shawnnat
    Sep 19, 2006
    I love this show and can not get enough of it.
  11. McTishaT
    Aug 28, 2006
    This show is very funny and i don't usually miss an episode unless under extreme circumstances. The only reason I didn't give a 10 (which it so rightly deserves) is that it's loaded with commercials (the actual material is about 15 minutes. The rest is commercials) and there's too many reruns. It seems the writers are out of ideas.
  12. D.Mann
    Jul 27, 2006
    By far, the funniest show on TV right now, and for a while now.
  13. JohnM
    Jul 20, 2006
    great show in the beginning, but I don't see it lasting another season. As a previous poster mentioned, they seem to have run out of ideas about Cris' past, and are now ad-libbing it. Great cast, and excellent narraration from Chris. Will miss it.
  14. ABlack
    May 29, 2006
    God Help me your an idiot you go like black people get battred its not true and it's just us "black people disclipine there children" unlike you "white people". Most white people are the mad lunatics rapist and drugee's but because the media are white they center ethnic minorites as bad to protect there own. Im not racist but if u want to be go snack down on your bangers n mash
  15. SayanaliL
    May 23, 2006
    Hilarious.
  16. JaneH
    May 22, 2006
    Realistic and funny without being too sentimental. Characters are great
  17. shamaandamnah
    Mar 22, 2006
    oh my god this show is totally rockin itz fab man keep it up im gonna watch it every sunday plz show more episodes and chris'z brother is soooooo fit
  18. NirmalJ
    Mar 22, 2006
    Simply awesome.
  19. LeonelR
    Mar 13, 2006
    The best show i have ever watched. Nothing can compare. The reason its so funny to me is that Chris Rock has the best comedy out there. Dave Chappelle ain't got shit on Chris.
  20. SarahM
    Mar 7, 2006
    I remember sitting down every week with my family to watch the Cosby Show, now my son and I sit down evey week to watch Everybody Hates Chris. We LOVE the show. My son and I both find characters with whom we identify. It is great family fun, and it is the show my son will remember as fondly as I remember the Cosby Show.
  21. anthonym
    Feb 20, 2006
    very intelligent humor. accurate portrayal of the rascist 70's.
  22. MikeD.
    Feb 19, 2006
    I'm a 35 year old white collar worker, male caucasian. So I guess there's no surprise that I love the Seinfeld show. But I also love Everybody Hates Chris. It is very geniune. No laugh tracks. Not stuck in a studio. The camera goes all around. The acting is believable. Rock's reflective comments on childhood are believable. The young man who plays him is very talented. All I'm a 35 year old white collar worker, male caucasian. So I guess there's no surprise that I love the Seinfeld show. But I also love Everybody Hates Chris. It is very geniune. No laugh tracks. Not stuck in a studio. The camera goes all around. The acting is believable. Rock's reflective comments on childhood are believable. The young man who plays him is very talented. All the actors are, in fact. Great show. Some episodes aren't great, but that is true for even the greatest shows, like Seinfeld or Friends or Strangers with Candy. Expand
  23. KyleighH
    Feb 10, 2006
    I absolutely love "Everybody Hates Chris". It is the most coolest new show of 2005 ever. Tichina Arnold and Terry Crews does a great job as Chris' parents, Rochelle and Julius. Imani Hakim does a great job as Tayna, the little sister. Tequan Richmond does a cool job as Drew, the younger brother who is bigger than Chris. Chris' friend, Greg, played by Vincent Martella is also I absolutely love "Everybody Hates Chris". It is the most coolest new show of 2005 ever. Tichina Arnold and Terry Crews does a great job as Chris' parents, Rochelle and Julius. Imani Hakim does a great job as Tayna, the little sister. Tequan Richmond does a cool job as Drew, the younger brother who is bigger than Chris. Chris' friend, Greg, played by Vincent Martella is also excellent. Tyler James Williams does a terrific job as Chris. I love the episodes where they can show Chris and his family, and Chris and Greg. This show is absolutely the greatest. I hope this comes out on DVD very soon, possibly by the end of the first season, because I would get this in a heartbeat and watch it all the time! Expand
  24. JuliaA
    Dec 21, 2005
    Great family show for youngsters and their thirtysomething parents. Very funny and genuinely sweet. Kind of like an urban "Wonder Years". The actress who plays Chris' mom rules. She's hilarious.
  25. LindaC
    Dec 16, 2005
    A breath of fresh air since the cosby show. Truly wholesome Comedy at its best!
  26. camillew
    Dec 9, 2005
    One of the best new shows on tv. The reviewers that gave it less than 8 are probably not minorities and don't know what it was and is like in high school when you look different than everyone else. Racism, of course it includes this. HELLO it happens.
  27. kshakur
    Dec 8, 2005
    Tichina will always be my girl. Terry is a pleasant surprise. Imani - adorable. Tequan is hilarious and cute as he can be. Vincent is impressive and Tyler, well every episode I keep wondering where you found him and why I haven't seen him before. This show is well written, well directed and honestly funny. Excellent work Chris and Ali!
  28. CurtisP
    Dec 7, 2005
    Hilarious!!! This is one of the shows that if you didnt experience the conditions of the times, you will not find it funny, but if you did- You will laugh your butt off.
  29. beng.
    Dec 5, 2005
    Its good...but it's not laugh out loud funny. A good word for it is...humorous...I guess.
  30. ChrisRcok
    Nov 29, 2005
    This show is amazing

1. Let's get this straight. Everybody Hates Chris is not the Second Coming. But it is one of the season's best new series.
  2. Should appeal to fans of Rock and to viewers who long for a family comedy reminiscent of "The Cosby Show" (albeit with a sharper edge).
    The networks have been wondering how to compete with the no-holds barred nature of cable programming. This is it.