Everybody Hates Chris : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 15
8.2

1. SusanM.
    Oct 5, 2005
    I saw this last night for the first time. It was alright, but not as good as everyone goes on about. It has funny parts but the acting isn't that great.
  2. SK
    Oct 13, 2005
    Barely enjoyable. Old and tired jokes.
  3. RH
    Jul 2, 2006
    Already a useless show. It was one of the funniest new sitcoms of the fall, then they ran out of material from Rock's childhood to mine and its morphed into Bernie Mac (a show that thinks it's funny when it's not). I honestly didn't crack a smile through the season's last six or so episodes and I don't plan to continue watching further. A shame, really.
  4. RODNEYG
    Oct 10, 2005
    This is an obvious and blatant attempt to steal the idea that Howard Stern mentioned on the air and put into place a long time ago. He is doing "Howard Stern: The High School Years" and it is basically the same show that Rock is doing here. Only for the fact that Rock has good taste in who he copies, did i give the show a 5.
  5. confusedperson
    Oct 7, 2005
    I saw the first show. I am unsure where these ratings are actually coming from. I thought this was more like a splash back to the Good Times Show. II really have to say that all of the actors are bad, actors. This is not another Bernie Mac.
  6. AustinW
    Oct 12, 2005
    The pilot was nothing new. Not edgy at all (like Rock's standup). Seemed like "Good Times" for a new generation... which, nostalgia aside, is not a good thing.

1. Let's get this straight. Everybody Hates Chris is not the Second Coming. But it is one of the season's best new series.
  2. Should appeal to fans of Rock and to viewers who long for a family comedy reminiscent of "The Cosby Show" (albeit with a sharper edge).
    The networks have been wondering how to compete with the no-holds barred nature of cable programming. This is it.