Everybody Hates Chris : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 15
8.2

1. gustavo
    Oct 7, 2005
    this show is da best show i have ever seen in my life
  2. drewh
    Nov 4, 2005
    The best family sitcom since the Cosby Show. Fantastic and Brilliant!
  3. SueD
    Oct 17, 2005
    Very funny, my whole family sits around the t.v for this show
  4. gloriaw
    Oct 19, 2005
    I think the show is funny and hilarous. Excellent comedy. I hope the show stays on for a long time. All ages can watch this show. Hats off to all the cast members on doing a good job. I love the character Drew. I think is a heartthrob.
  5. KANTRELLC
    Oct 26, 2005
    I love tha show. I watch it every Thursday at 8:30 on UPN 24. Man that show is funny dude. Chris get up and go wipe the pee of the toilet seat. Lol. I love that line from the first episode.
  6. anthonym
    Feb 20, 2006
    very intelligent humor. accurate portrayal of the rascist 70's.
  7. JaneH
    May 22, 2006
    Realistic and funny without being too sentimental. Characters are great
  8. SusanT
    Nov 1, 2005
    The best show I've seen in a long time!
  9. neicym
    Oct 14, 2005
    Excellent comedy - best thing to happen to prime time since 'Living Single' hit the airwaves. Anyone who doesn't find the show funny can't relate to growing up black in America. Only people smoking crack are some of these bogus voters rating this highly intelligent and funny show.
  10. jackiek
    Nov 8, 2005
    this is one of the funniest shows I have seen in years. I love the way the set is so seventies and eighties and the music is the kind of music I did listen to when I was a child. Thumbs up to Chris Rock
  11. Eilene
    Oct 23, 2005
    I think the show is brilliantly hilarious! The cast is a great compliment to Chris Rock's comedy. I have tuned in each week...best new sitcom by far.
  12. AmberB
    Oct 25, 2005
    Best new show out!
  13. jenniferrude
    Oct 27, 2005
    thank God for a new, ORIGINAL comedy!
  14. terid
    Oct 6, 2005
    think it is really a cool show --
  15. LaToyaR
    Oct 7, 2005
    Fantastic!!! For the first time in years network television has won me over. I don't watch much TV, but I've made it a point to catch this show every week. My entire family loves it!!!
  16. KyleighH
    Feb 10, 2006
    I absolutely love "Everybody Hates Chris". It is the most coolest new show of 2005 ever. Tichina Arnold and Terry Crews does a great job as Chris' parents, Rochelle and Julius. Imani Hakim does a great job as Tayna, the little sister. Tequan Richmond does a cool job as Drew, the younger brother who is bigger than Chris. Chris' friend, Greg, played by Vincent Martella is also I absolutely love "Everybody Hates Chris". It is the most coolest new show of 2005 ever. Tichina Arnold and Terry Crews does a great job as Chris' parents, Rochelle and Julius. Imani Hakim does a great job as Tayna, the little sister. Tequan Richmond does a cool job as Drew, the younger brother who is bigger than Chris. Chris' friend, Greg, played by Vincent Martella is also excellent. Tyler James Williams does a terrific job as Chris. I love the episodes where they can show Chris and his family, and Chris and Greg. This show is absolutely the greatest. I hope this comes out on DVD very soon, possibly by the end of the first season, because I would get this in a heartbeat and watch it all the time! Collapse
  17. SarahM
    Mar 7, 2006
    I remember sitting down every week with my family to watch the Cosby Show, now my son and I sit down evey week to watch Everybody Hates Chris. We LOVE the show. My son and I both find characters with whom we identify. It is great family fun, and it is the show my son will remember as fondly as I remember the Cosby Show.
  18. SayanaliL
    May 23, 2006
    Hilarious.
  19. SaaraS
    Feb 22, 2007
    This show is the best show in the whole world I love it to bits!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. JayC
    Nov 10, 2005
    My wife and I are Chris' parents in 5 years. We recite lines to other over IM everyday. "File yo' own damn papers! I don't need this job! My man works 2 jobs!"
  21. mike
    Nov 14, 2005
    How ironic that everyboidy loves Raymond is hated by people but everybody hates Chris is loved by people. Great show the father is hilarious and the mother is histarical. The mother is demanding, the father is always tired, the sisters a brat and the older brother is the chick magnet. Anyways great showi give it a 11 if i could but instead i gave it a 10.
  22. david
    Nov 15, 2005
    hillarious. funniest show this season
  23. RYANH
    Nov 16, 2005
    the best new funny on t.v.
  24. ShahTishaP
    Nov 26, 2005
    When i first got wind that this show was being developed i thought " oh boy , this is really gonna suck . . .". However, I will admit that i was wrong and this has been the only funny show on TV this season. I love the frank honestness of the show and the dry narration given by rock himself. All of the quotes that the parents' use are authentic from my childhood and that's When i first got wind that this show was being developed i thought " oh boy , this is really gonna suck . . .". However, I will admit that i was wrong and this has been the only funny show on TV this season. I love the frank honestness of the show and the dry narration given by rock himself. All of the quotes that the parents' use are authentic from my childhood and that's refreshing. I' wasnt even a fan of Chris Rock before this show, but I am definitely one now. Also, i love that kids that he casted (wink) . . .only some of u will get that Expand
  25. mariej
    me and josh and my whole 8 grade class think it is funny
  26. frankr
    Nov 8, 2005
    Funniest, most honest show on TV
  27. NancyMc
    Nov 9, 2005
    A welcome breath of fresh air for network t.v, and Everybody Hates Chris makes me feel alright about my monthly cable bill!
  28. LindaC
    Dec 16, 2005
    A breath of fresh air since the cosby show. Truly wholesome Comedy at its best!
  29. earlene
    Oct 20, 2005
    I've never been inspired to rate a television show. I don't watch much on UPN; I have to say this is the best sitcom on right now. Keep up the good work. It's wonderful that UPN took a chance on this show. I hope to see more new episodes in the future.
  30. Timi'shaH
    Oct 24, 2005
    Everybodyhateschris is like the funniest family tv show on tv right now.Atleast it keeps my family laughing all the time and I hope it reflex on other families and other people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  31. SayanaliL
    Hilarious.
  32. CurtisP
    Dec 7, 2005
    Hilarious!!! This is one of the shows that if you didnt experience the conditions of the times, you will not find it funny, but if you did- You will laugh your butt off.
  33. kshakur
    Dec 8, 2005
    Tichina will always be my girl. Terry is a pleasant surprise. Imani - adorable. Tequan is hilarious and cute as he can be. Vincent is impressive and Tyler, well every episode I keep wondering where you found him and why I haven't seen him before. This show is well written, well directed and honestly funny. Excellent work Chris and Ali!
  34. Sandy
    Oct 28, 2005
    Hysterical! For people who grew up poor in NYC in the early '80's, it is very true to life. I think it's great that there's a show that honestly depicts the experiences of minorities and less privileged classes living in urban America.
  35. WendyF
    Oct 29, 2005
    This show is not only funny, but it give some very true social commentary. Don't believe me? Try being the only one who looks like you in an elementary or middle school, and see if Chris' narration and experiences don't apply. Also, it's nice seeing a show with an adolescent who isn't a spoiled rich kid, who is trying to do the right thing and has real-world This show is not only funny, but it give some very true social commentary. Don't believe me? Try being the only one who looks like you in an elementary or middle school, and see if Chris' narration and experiences don't apply. Also, it's nice seeing a show with an adolescent who isn't a spoiled rich kid, who is trying to do the right thing and has real-world responsibilities. I think this show is refreshing and funny! Expand
  36. RyanW
    This show ROCKS!!!
  37. KarrineM
    Oct 6, 2005
    At last the networks have delivered a great sitcom. Both myself and my school age children were laughing the entire show!
  38. KM
    Oct 7, 2005
    One of the funniest if not the funniest show on TV.
  39. danielw
    Oct 8, 2005
    Fresh and funny, this show is unlike anything else, everything is original - like Seinfeld was
  40. NirmalJ
    Mar 22, 2006
    Simply awesome.
  41. shamaandamnah
    Mar 22, 2006
    oh my god this show is totally rockin itz fab man keep it up im gonna watch it every sunday plz show more episodes and chris'z brother is soooooo fit
  42. SelexaB
    Feb 19, 2007
    Everybody Hates Chris is a funny Tv show. Its something me and my family can watch together and laugh together on. If this was a movie it would get 2 thumbs up from me!!!
  43. AndyR
    Nov 11, 2005
    This is a very funny, intelligent show that reminds me of so many people from my own childhood.
  44. mikes
    Nov 14, 2005
    cool show hilariuos
  45. edgared
    Nov 17, 2005
    this show is hilarios and pretty creative, chris rock rocks!
  46. jordanb
    Oct 16, 2005
    make it to '08
  47. MicaelK
    Oct 18, 2005
    This show is very funny. Who ever does not wacth it must not have a t.v.
  48. Jason
    Oct 21, 2005
    work of art...its god dam hilarious!
  49. CherylF
    Oct 23, 2005
    It is difficult to find a good family oriented sitcom; and last Thursday, the girl in the house dress/hair rollers was off the hook.
  50. MarieS
    Oct 24, 2005
    The bomb
  51. KatolR
    Oct 26, 2005
    Great Show~!
  52. KaylaC
    Oct 27, 2005
    OMG i love this show it is sooo funny watch it u hear me watch it
  53. VanessaP
    Oct 28, 2005
    Great show to come around in a long time!!
  54. camillew
    Dec 9, 2005
    One of the best new shows on tv. The reviewers that gave it less than 8 are probably not minorities and don't know what it was and is like in high school when you look different than everyone else. Racism, of course it includes this. HELLO it happens.
  55. LindaP
    Dec 31, 2006
    Most original and refreshing show I've seen in a long time!
  56. LeonelR
    Mar 13, 2006
    The best show i have ever watched. Nothing can compare. The reason its so funny to me is that Chris Rock has the best comedy out there. Dave Chappelle ain't got shit on Chris.
  57. ABlack
    May 29, 2006
    God Help me your an idiot you go like black people get battred its not true and it's just us "black people disclipine there children" unlike you "white people". Most white people are the mad lunatics rapist and drugee's but because the media are white they center ethnic minorites as bad to protect there own. Im not racist but if u want to be go snack down on your bangers n mash
  58. D.Mann
    Jul 27, 2006
    By far, the funniest show on TV right now, and for a while now.
  59. shawnnat
    Sep 19, 2006
    I love this show and can not get enough of it.
  60. Jun 20, 2015
    The show isn't really about Chris Rock's childhood is Bed-Stuy (which could be obvious), but that doesn't make it a bad show. The show is downright hilarious, and I have laughed hysterically at this show in the past. With race and black culture jokes and satire thrown in for good measure, it actually does a good job at showing people what all-black neighborhoods were like in the 1980s.The show isn't really about Chris Rock's childhood is Bed-Stuy (which could be obvious), but that doesn't make it a bad show. The show is downright hilarious, and I have laughed hysterically at this show in the past. With race and black culture jokes and satire thrown in for good measure, it actually does a good job at showing people what all-black neighborhoods were like in the 1980s. This show actually does a good job at exaggerating some stuff for comedic effect, as does Chris Rock himself with the narration, which is also outrageously hilarious. This show is easily one of my favorites ever, and always will be. Unless you don't like the subject at hand, you will definitely laugh out loud at this hysterically funny sitcom. Expand
  61. JuliaA
    Dec 21, 2005
    Great family show for youngsters and their thirtysomething parents. Very funny and genuinely sweet. Kind of like an urban "Wonder Years". The actress who plays Chris' mom rules. She's hilarious.
  62. ShelisaT
    Oct 7, 2005
    The show is absolutely refreshing because it is a funny and honest look at adolescence. Amidst the reality shows that have hypersexualized young people and/or spoiled teens with no sense of awareness outside of their small, pampered world, this show has real parents and children reflecting the love, discipline, and conflict that exist in a family.
  63. lisa
    Nov 4, 2005
    You don't have to be black to relate to this funny show. Very entertaining and without violence or outright sexuality. Bravo Chris Rock.
  64. howardc
    Oct 14, 2005
    Great show, it keeps me laughing throughout!
  65. WilliamN
    Oct 28, 2006
    Progressive show that is much needed.
  66. MikeD.
    Feb 19, 2006
    I'm a 35 year old white collar worker, male caucasian. So I guess there's no surprise that I love the Seinfeld show. But I also love Everybody Hates Chris. It is very geniune. No laugh tracks. Not stuck in a studio. The camera goes all around. The acting is believable. Rock's reflective comments on childhood are believable. The young man who plays him is very talented. All I'm a 35 year old white collar worker, male caucasian. So I guess there's no surprise that I love the Seinfeld show. But I also love Everybody Hates Chris. It is very geniune. No laugh tracks. Not stuck in a studio. The camera goes all around. The acting is believable. Rock's reflective comments on childhood are believable. The young man who plays him is very talented. All the actors are, in fact. Great show. Some episodes aren't great, but that is true for even the greatest shows, like Seinfeld or Friends or Strangers with Candy. Expand
  67. MatanC
    Oct 31, 2007
    Everybody Hates Chris is a unique sitcom. It doesn't deliver the big rolling laughs every 25 seconds, like Friends or Seinfeld, because the comic situations are not as sharp or, well, comic. The show is just about this boy's life, who happens to be really amusing- the show won't use absurd situations for the laughs, or poison-smart dialouges for conversations- it's Everybody Hates Chris is a unique sitcom. It doesn't deliver the big rolling laughs every 25 seconds, like Friends or Seinfeld, because the comic situations are not as sharp or, well, comic. The show is just about this boy's life, who happens to be really amusing- the show won't use absurd situations for the laughs, or poison-smart dialouges for conversations- it's real life. and it was never so funny. Chris Rock's graciously snide remarks are intelligent, Tichina Arnold as Rochelle excels as the all-controlling-mama-of-the-house but still manages to not fall for stereotypes of the character, and the magnificent row of neighborhood sidekicks (and Chris's teacher) is the best part of the show. Tyler James Williams leads the show with confidence, and for a change, we would like to see him ending an episode as anything but a loser (seriously, if anyone had this troubled childhood...). Highly recommended. Expand
  68. ChrisRcok
    Nov 29, 2005
    This show is amazing
  69. CarolrS
    Oct 13, 2005
    Saw it live on first night broadcast - then again in a hotel - then again in the plane home. Liked it all 3 times. Chris Rocks!
  70. FredVP
    Oct 13, 2005
    This show is really good. It's fun for all
  71. FionaR
    Nov 22, 2005
    reminds me of growing up in the 80's and having to babysit my little sister all the time! Hilarious
  72. Oct 11, 2012
    Very good! I own every series and they are easily re-watchable. Good humour, and just overall fun! Tyler James Willam is a brilliant fit for Chirs. Terry Cruise just adds to the humour!
  73. JudyP
    Oct 8, 2005
    I saw the first episode and thought it was very funny. Great family entertainment. I'm going to make it a point to watch the show each week because what I saw so far looks like the show will be must see TV. I'm a huge Chris Rock fan anyway so that helps draw me to the show.
  74. McTishaT
    Aug 28, 2006
    This show is very funny and i don't usually miss an episode unless under extreme circumstances. The only reason I didn't give a 10 (which it so rightly deserves) is that it's loaded with commercials (the actual material is about 15 minutes. The rest is commercials) and there's too many reruns. It seems the writers are out of ideas.
    Oct 7, 2005
    I admit this is funnier than I thought i would be, but its just not my cup of tea I personal think Lost is the best show on tv, others may disagree.
  76. I.R.
    Dec 8, 2006
    Everybody hates Chris is a great show, wraping up the childhood of Chris Rock and making it funny at the same time!
  77. darrian
    Nov 17, 2005
    i agree with the new york post needs more big laughs
  78. AmyM
    Oct 13, 2005
    Taking a cue from Arrested Development, the narration makes what might have been just an OK show, into a very enjoyable and funny show. The cast is also terrific.
  79. NehemM
    Nov 13, 2005
    The show is actually interesting especially for me because I can relate to his life. However, it does give me a strong impression of the black version "Malcolm in the Middle." The mom's always angry and easily explosive. The dad is soft, and Malcolm & Chris both share the same frustrating qualities of their families. I think the show would be funnier if the stereotypes were little The show is actually interesting especially for me because I can relate to his life. However, it does give me a strong impression of the black version "Malcolm in the Middle." The mom's always angry and easily explosive. The dad is soft, and Malcolm & Chris both share the same frustrating qualities of their families. I think the show would be funnier if the stereotypes were little more subtle, and Chris Rock (narrator) didn't try so hard (w/ numerous historical clips) to illustrate his message. Overall, I do recommend the show, and hope it does last quite long because ABC has nothing else. Expand
  80. Oct 13, 2010
    A very clever funny show that is both original and fun to watch. It has references to the present about the past and references to those great 80s moments that they relive. For example Chris tries to go to a Run DMC concert and when he misses it, Greg tells him Aerosmith was there and sang Walk this way. Very classic 80s moment.
  81. marshallm.
    Oct 6, 2005
    i agree with susan, it was funny sometimes, but the little kid who plays rock as a child, just isn't that good of an actor.
  82. MIKEH
    Oct 22, 2005
    I actually kind of liked this show, though it seems almost too much like The Wonder Years, but it does have potential to be better than that
  83. beng.
    Dec 5, 2005
    Its good...but it's not laugh out loud funny. A good word for it is...humorous...I guess.
  84. VinO
    Oct 30, 2005
    I don't think this show is hilarious; but it is by far one of the best sitcoms on T.V. today (after Arrested Development, My Name is Earl and The Office).
  85. JohnM
    Jul 20, 2006
    great show in the beginning, but I don't see it lasting another season. As a previous poster mentioned, they seem to have run out of ideas about Cris' past, and are now ad-libbing it. Great cast, and excellent narraration from Chris. Will miss it.

1. Let's get this straight. Everybody Hates Chris is not the Second Coming. But it is one of the season's best new series.
  2. Should appeal to fans of Rock and to viewers who long for a family comedy reminiscent of "The Cosby Show" (albeit with a sharper edge).
    The networks have been wondering how to compete with the no-holds barred nature of cable programming. This is it.