• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 9, 2014
Season #: 1, 2
6.6

1. Aug 22, 2014
    I'm good with Halle's part about the weird pregnancy, ghost of old boyfriend, evil gov't men, etc. Decent srotyline. Don't need the battery kid and her husband. It's a robot for Pete's sake. All that tucking him in & the husband's behavior is lame. I may not last because of that.
  2. Jul 30, 2014
    A new suspense sci-fi series and it's with Halle Berry.
    That made me want to look into it.
    The series starts out interesting but there's one question right at the beginning: Why is this a series with a woman having something strange happened to her in a space mission while her husband has developed an android boy that lives with them as their son at home? These are two themes
    A new suspense sci-fi series and it's with Halle Berry.
    That made me want to look into it.

These are two themes that absolutely warrant their own shows, respectively.
    Why put them into one show with them having apparently nothing to do with each other, storywise?

I immediately got the suspicion, that they don't have enough material for either storyline so they put
    both into one show.
    If I don't learn soon enough what the space theme and the artificial life form theme have to do with each other,
    I'll stick to my suspicion.

The plot itself feels stretched out. It relies heavily on suspense and atmosphere while things
    really take time to get going.
    Honestly, the first three episodes I saw would have taken half an hour if that were a movie.
    I wonder if the android boy is only there because you want to have 'family issues' in the show.

All in all the show is acceptable, but not compelling.
    It gives itself a lot of time to develop, maybe too much for some people to stick with it.

I'll give it a couple of episodes more, but if the pace doesn't pick up, I'm out.
  3. Jul 28, 2014
    Love love love Halle Berry but bored bored bored after the 2nd episode. Another great concept show but I don't see it lasting. You have seen most of the scenes in different tv shows or movies.
  4. Aug 8, 2014
    Started out with an interesting premise and well acted by Halle Berry. But now that we are into the meat of the series the writing has slipped dramatically.
    This is the standard way that the major networks always treat Sci-fi.
    I hope they can bring it back up but so far it continues to be predictable and gets less well written each episode.
  5. Sep 4, 2014
    there is production value, beautiful scenes- but it is predictable and the acting is not alive. Wooden performances from good actors all around. Characters couldnt be cut more stereotypically. The only thing that that one can get hooked ( if not not fan of HB) is the mystery what is actually going on. Not enough for a good tv-serie of nowadays. Wake up directors - even if futuristic, itthere is production value, beautiful scenes- but it is predictable and the acting is not alive. Wooden performances from good actors all around. Characters couldnt be cut more stereotypically. The only thing that that one can get hooked ( if not not fan of HB) is the mystery what is actually going on. Not enough for a good tv-serie of nowadays. Wake up directors - even if futuristic, it must live and breathe. Fasten the tempo, the first two episodes could have been easily one. Expand
  6. Jul 18, 2014
    Extant is another case of combing ideas and trying to pass it off as something new. Examples are a robot kid (A.I.) and seeing dead people in space (Event Horizon). It's all a bit dull and will need an injection of originality to garner any kind of following.
  7. Jul 24, 2014
    The concept is very interesting, allowing the writers to explore ethics questions about our scientific capabilities versus our humanity. With such fertile ground there is much to plow through. However, the writing, acting and directing leaves me with a feeling that everyone is just a little too tired to move through at an engaging pace. The storyline and plot could be interesting. For me,The concept is very interesting, allowing the writers to explore ethics questions about our scientific capabilities versus our humanity. With such fertile ground there is much to plow through. However, the writing, acting and directing leaves me with a feeling that everyone is just a little too tired to move through at an engaging pace. The storyline and plot could be interesting. For me, the pacing is off, the dialog and interactions are too light to keep me engaged for any length of time. I hope they employ someone to help them fix what could be a promising show. They have a great cast so the talent is available but the chemistry, timing, writing and direction feel lax. Expand
  8. Sep 10, 2015
    A series that was fun to watch but not spectacular...It was a bit ridiculous at times, where you knew "there's no way that could happen" (must simple things like getting into a building or room), but you'd watch anyway for the fun of it. I did like JD, and Molly was okay, but c'mon, getting tied as a mother to both an alien and a robotic child is a bit lame. Halle Berry did okay, but sheA series that was fun to watch but not spectacular...It was a bit ridiculous at times, where you knew "there's no way that could happen" (must simple things like getting into a building or room), but you'd watch anyway for the fun of it. I did like JD, and Molly was okay, but c'mon, getting tied as a mother to both an alien and a robotic child is a bit lame. Halle Berry did okay, but she needs a better series to get into. I seriously doubt Extant would came back next year. Expand
  9. Aug 13, 2014
    I'm about halfway through the season and the only reason why I continue to watch it just to figure out what the hell is happening. That's never a good motivation to watch a TV show. You want the hour by hour drama to sustain you but it simply does not in this case.
  10. Aug 28, 2014
    used to love this series ... but after the last episodes i freakin hate it ... it SUCKS ! how they acting , story and where they're going with it , ... all is so stupid ! hope it gets better ... :|

The lead performances are a tad opaque, and the script feels as though it's telling two separate stories that don't immediately seem as though they'll connect in a graceful way.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Kenneally
    Jul 9, 2014
    Despite the kitchen-sink feel to it all, Extant has much going for it. Berry impressively handles the task of playing a woman who's coming to grips with both a interstellar conception and a laboratory-built “son.” And so far the series has done a good job of balancing the gee-whiz gadget fetishism of science fiction with the need for characters that the viewer will care about.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jul 9, 2014
    Extant plays with genres, mixing sci-fi, conspiracy thriller and scenes from a struggling marriage. It also asks some daring questions about the collision of machine and humanity.