Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.6

1. Mar 12, 2015
    This show is hilarious. The awkward setups and clever writing reveal a genuine sadness to the characters. I love how they have this dark subtext of not being content with your life and frequently joke about suicide. It touches on something closer to the human spirit than most other comedies dare.
  2. Jul 21, 2014
    Probably not most peoples favorite work of Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, but i love it and think it's better than The Office. Especially Stephen Merchants portrayal as the agent is hilarious. Changing celebrities in each episode seems like a desperate attempt to get views but even without the celebrities it would be an outstanding series.
  3. Apr 16, 2014
    While Extras may be less purely innovative than The Office, it is just as smart, moving and funny. Extras is a show I could watch forever, it reaches heights of thoughtfulness and insight rarely met by mainstream television (or film for that matter) and breathes new life into classic sit com scenarios, while mercilessly mocking kitsch. Gervais and Merchant are master, not just of comedy,While Extras may be less purely innovative than The Office, it is just as smart, moving and funny. Extras is a show I could watch forever, it reaches heights of thoughtfulness and insight rarely met by mainstream television (or film for that matter) and breathes new life into classic sit com scenarios, while mercilessly mocking kitsch. Gervais and Merchant are master, not just of comedy, but of story telling and character development. Expand
  4. Mar 15, 2014
    In my opinion, this is Gervais' best work. It's funny & heartwarming. If you loved The Office, you'll definitely love this. The celebrities that guest-star in this programme make each episode a treat to watch. 10/10!
  5. May 3, 2013
    Another great show from the Gervais, Merchant comedic duo. If you enjoy comedies that have something to say, fame isn't all that its cracked up to be' you'll enjoy this show.
  6. May 2, 2013
    Although it may not match the brilliance of there first outing with 'The Office' it is still a fantastic look into the world of the celebrity. Andy Millman's character is fascinating to me because, he is our view into fame and it is a deliberately shallow and bitter world to live in. A show that uses celebrity cameos not to promote itself but to cast a negative shadow over the celebrityAlthough it may not match the brilliance of there first outing with 'The Office' it is still a fantastic look into the world of the celebrity. Andy Millman's character is fascinating to me because, he is our view into fame and it is a deliberately shallow and bitter world to live in. A show that uses celebrity cameos not to promote itself but to cast a negative shadow over the celebrity obsessed culture that we live in today. Expand
  7. Mar 3, 2013
    Amazing UK comedy Ricky and Steve have done it again this was a joy to watch i will agree with other tho that it wasn't as good as the office but it is still amazing.
  8. Aug 28, 2011
    Smart, hilarious, sad, and heartwarming. A brilliant show. It ended with me wishing for more. Ricky Gervais is absolutely hilarious in this show. Deserved the emmy. Acting is great, the guest performances are hysterical, couldn't ask for more from "Extras."
  9. Mar 24, 2011
    Another one of Ricky Gervais' genius creations, Extra's is absolutely awesome!! Comparisons to The Office are pointless, its different and deserves to be treated so because its another work of art by the legend that is Ricky Gervais. Superbly well written from start to finish and the guest stars throughout play their parts to perfection. All round it is simply sensational, reaffirmingAnother one of Ricky Gervais' genius creations, Extra's is absolutely awesome!! Comparisons to The Office are pointless, its different and deserves to be treated so because its another work of art by the legend that is Ricky Gervais. Superbly well written from start to finish and the guest stars throughout play their parts to perfection. All round it is simply sensational, reaffirming Ricky Gervais' place as one of the greatest comic writers off all time. Collapse
  10. BRM
    Nov 9, 2010
    This is one of my absolute favorite series of all time. The great chemistry with the cast and the fact I can watch each episode multiple times makes it special. I can't honestly choose my favorite episode since the are all soooooo good. I just wish there were more seasons to enjoy :(
  11. Aug 16, 2010
    Sir Ian ... Sir Ian ... Sir Ian "Wizard, you shall not pass!" Sir Ian ... Sir Ian ... Sir Ian.

Brilliant! The wig, the glasses, the catchphrase, brilliant.
  12. JackP.
    Feb 13, 2009
    Hilarious, daring, brilliant, and altogether amazing.
  13. KK.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Brilliance.
  14. Officefan
    Feb 3, 2007
    Still better than anything that Hollywood produces. 10X better than Curb. But, OK, not as amazing as the Office. Even so, it is brilliant and I can not remember laughing out loud so much when I watched the Office.
  15. timf
    Nov 1, 2006
    Great stuff. Please don't compare it to the office. It seems most people who gave it a 7 or less didnt give much or any of a reason. i can guess why. whatever argument they put up would immediately show their poor taste in tv programs. if u don't like this show go watch crap like lost and dont bring down the average rating for this comic genius
  16. SimonH
    Oct 25, 2006
    Great writing coupled with fine acting delivers a uniquely entertaining show - comedy at its best. I have real pity for people who don
  17. StephenC
    Oct 20, 2006
    Shouldn't be compared to the office, but still an absolute corcker of a series. The situations which occur in the series won't be seen anywhere else. Comparisons to Curb your... wich in turn is also a magnificent piece of tv (and comedy).
  18. Alex
    Sep 15, 2006
    poor man's curb
  21. RaymondLuxury-Yacht
    Mar 8, 2006
    Patrick Stewart's scene with Gervais in the trailer has to be one of the most brilliant television dialogues ever. The timing is just brilliant ("Instantly."). The guest stars have done fantastic jobs as twisted versions of themselves. Hopefully season 2 can keep the high level of especially the Winslet and Stewart episodes.
  22. GrantH
    Feb 27, 2006
    Incredibly Ricky Gervais has come up with a follow up to THE OFFICE that is just as laugh out loud hilarious! THE OFFICE was the funniest show in the history of television EXTRAS matches it on every level. I was set to be disappointed but this is great stuff!
  23. S.L.O'Robot
    Jan 8, 2006
    Hands-down the best thing on TV in a long time. If it were on a broadcast network, it would be killed immediately. Thankfully, it is on HBO.
  24. morteno
    Dec 6, 2005
    Just great, suble British humour with a twist and an edge - crass and to the point: life isn't always what the optimist makes it out to be......different than the Office but almost as original.
  25. AndyH
    Nov 18, 2005
    The show is pure genius, the script is close to perfect. Gervais has proved himself to be one of the greatest British comedy writers, in the same league as Cleese and Curtis. A little gripe: I don't understand people's criticism of the show because they don't understand the accents. It's like saying that you hated a well-reviewed Spanish film because you don't The show is pure genius, the script is close to perfect. Gervais has proved himself to be one of the greatest British comedy writers, in the same league as Cleese and Curtis. A little gripe: I don't understand people's criticism of the show because they don't understand the accents. It's like saying that you hated a well-reviewed Spanish film because you don't speak Spanish. Expand
  26. PatrickM
    Oct 31, 2005
    My main gripe about this show on the whole is that every single episode seems to be a carbon copy of the last, albeit a different setting, different guest actor, and different director. However, it borders on tedium. I was very excited to hear Gervais and Merchant were offering up another comedy, but it seems to fall quite short. It's not like I watched the fist 10 minutes of the My main gripe about this show on the whole is that every single episode seems to be a carbon copy of the last, albeit a different setting, different guest actor, and different director. However, it borders on tedium. I was very excited to hear Gervais and Merchant were offering up another comedy, but it seems to fall quite short. It's not like I watched the fist 10 minutes of the first show and dismissed it either. No, I sat through three of the eps, finding it sometimes painful to understand the incoherent accents. In a desperate attempt for understanding, I actually put on closed captioning. I watch British series a lot and have never had to resort to that... Plus, hey, if you watch one episode, it seems to me that you have seen the plot line for the entire series. Expand
  27. RickH
    Oct 19, 2005
    No other show makes me laugh so hard and for so long as this show. Some of these monologues (Andy to the Priest, Maggie to her black date, Both of them to Sam Jackson), are just utterly briliant as we watch them wind themselves into the most absurd mess that often, their only choice is simply to walk away. Nobody else can do dialogue like this.
  28. Rev.Rikard
    Oct 14, 2005
    This show requires more than a couple of episodes to create a loyal fan base. Like most good sitcoms (i.e. Cheers, Seinfeld) the storyline is created by the interaction between relevant, evolving characters. When the characters win us over, we will even tolerate the occassional medicre storyline. This formula has worked well for HBO in series like The Sopranos, The Larry David Show, Six This show requires more than a couple of episodes to create a loyal fan base. Like most good sitcoms (i.e. Cheers, Seinfeld) the storyline is created by the interaction between relevant, evolving characters. When the characters win us over, we will even tolerate the occassional medicre storyline. This formula has worked well for HBO in series like The Sopranos, The Larry David Show, Six Feet Under and Entourage. The verdict is still out as to whether this show can maintain the kind of quality character-development that snares a signifcant audience. Expand
  29. AnonymousMC
    Oct 13, 2005
    this show is funny too. Different than the Office, but wonderful in its own way. This show and CYE pretty make hbo worth having.
  30. C.B.Browne
    Oct 10, 2005
    A little disappointing. It's becoming Seinfeldian
  31. JoshP
    Oct 8, 2005
    I wish people would rate shows on their own basis, rather than comparing it to the other show a person did. The Kate Winslet and the Patrick Stewart episodes are the best. Sorry couldn't wait. I just hope this series goes on for more than two series. The Office was too short and hoping the American version would live up to the British is a waste of a wish.
  32. JeremyS
    Oct 6, 2005
    I'm having a hard time with Merchant and Gervais' new offering. When you compare it with The Office, it doesn't stand up. On the other hand, it's hilarious just a little more subdued (if possible) than The Office. I'd like to see if it catches it's stride later in the season. The Kate Winslet (which I hate) episode was bomb.
  33. steveg
    Oct 5, 2005
    Has its moments, and tends to be funnier with the earlier episodes than the later ones. The humor relies heavily on the complicity of the stars - Ben Stiller, Ross Kemp and even Kate Winslett send themselves up beautifully but I get the feeling this was really David Brent, from The Office, carrying on with his life after leaving the office. The character behaves much the same with his Has its moments, and tends to be funnier with the earlier episodes than the later ones. The humor relies heavily on the complicity of the stars - Ben Stiller, Ross Kemp and even Kate Winslett send themselves up beautifully but I get the feeling this was really David Brent, from The Office, carrying on with his life after leaving the office. The character behaves much the same with his inbuilt klutzy insensitivities. Had it been seen as Brent moving on it might have worked better for me, but Gervais gives the impression he can really only play one character. Towards the end the comedy becomes suffused with a certain morality and while all good comedy has light and shade I don't think over such a few episodes this works. Expand
  34. JohnB
    Oct 5, 2005
    An exceptional comedy, and a worthy companion piece to The Office. Genius.

'Extras" is far less terminally existential than ''The Office," less depressing to watch.
    Millman... is kind of an irritating guy, and the conceit of the show wears thin pretty quickly.