• Network: TLC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 6, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.5

1. Mar 23, 2012
    This is a most fascinating spectacle to watch. Zealots of America's state religion -- consumerism -- worshipping in their cathedrals -- the discount supermarkets. A celebration of pure decadence. The fall of the empire must be near.
  2. Sep 11, 2011
    This show is so fun to watch! I also find it very funny because it reminds me of when my mom when she goes grocery shopping and uses many coupons. Although she is not extreme like the individuals in this show, I think it has really grabbed many viewers attention that you can save a lot of money using coupons. This show is very exciting and it really keeps your attention throughout the show. One thing that I like what the customers do is they create a stock pile and give supplies and food to homeless shelters. I think this is a great way to impact the community and to give back. TLC is a network that I do not watch often but this is one show that I do like to watch. Also being a college student I have received many ideas on how to save money and how stocking up can be good. A downside of this show is that sometimes the customers buy products that you usually won't buy a lot of. For an example one customer bought over a hundred bottles of aspirin and over a hundred bottles of shampoo. This is a product that you don't use often and it was kind of useless for them to buy that much of one product. Overall this is a great show and it is very amusing to watch. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    May 27, 2011
    With two shopping trips in each half-hour, TLC's latest hit is so fast-paced--and such giddy consumerism--that it's fairly irresistible. Also educational.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    May 3, 2011
    This TLC series has hit a cultural nerve, partly because it offers practical, price-cutting tips in an era in which people are jittery about inflation. Also because it's bonkers. [26 May 2011, p.46]
  3. Reviewed by: Linda Stasi
    Apr 6, 2011
    If you loved the successful couponing special they aired in December, you'll be thrilled with the premiere of the bizarrely watchable Extreme Couponing, a series in which people hoard not just coupons but the stuff they needlessly and endlessly buy with them.