Fairly Legal : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 20, 2011
Season #: 1, 2
6.1

1. Jan 25, 2011
    I commend USA for spitting out shows of new taste. Their lineup travels across the country hitting almost every demographic. Santa Barbara, Albuquerque, Miami, New York City, The Hampton's, D.C., and now San Francisco. It was inevitable, especially with the conclusion of MONK. Like most of the shows on USA, I feel as if Fairly Legal will soon have a cult following. I love the lineup USAI commend USA for spitting out shows of new taste. Their lineup travels across the country hitting almost every demographic. Santa Barbara, Albuquerque, Miami, New York City, The Hampton's, D.C., and now San Francisco. It was inevitable, especially with the conclusion of MONK. Like most of the shows on USA, I feel as if Fairly Legal will soon have a cult following. I love the lineup USA has, and if you are anything like me you do not mind the lighthearted comedy and drama. Without looking to much into it, I appreciate the simplicity of the show. I am a law student, so it's hard not to analyze everything that comes forth. But sometimes I want to watch a show without any ramifications or implications of not paying attention, something pleasing to the eyes (cast and scenery) yet easy on the mind (especially after a full day of classes).

Though Fairly Legal may not be a show I become a cult member of, it will definitely be a series I watch weekly. To see if my review has any meaning to you here are some other shows currently running that I follow religiously:
    Psych, Californication, Entourage, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, White Collar, The League, and I just recently got into Episodes.
  2. Feb 25, 2011
    Thank heavens no more legal and CSI shows - a different type of entertainment taking "talking about the problem" to a solution. How about that - get rid of all attorneys and hire mediators what a thought! Find it entertaining and love the cast they put together - works for me - I won't miss an episode.

1. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jan 20, 2011
    [Sarah Shahi] plays this lead role with assurance and aplomb, elevating the entire enterprise in the process.
  2. Reviewed by: Aaron Barnhart
    Jan 20, 2011
    It's a bright, fun little show, adhering to the formula that has worked for so many other light dramas on USA: tight writing, a little romance, whirly movement.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Jan 20, 2011
    Over the three episodes USA sent out for review (the pilot, a mid-season episode, and the first season finale), what Kate does only occasionally matches up with the judge's speech, and none of her cases are interesting enough to distinguish Fairly Legal from the abundance of law shows on TV.