Generally favorable reviews- based on 76 Ratings
Jul 2, 2012I'm persisting with falling skies hoping it would get better but it's not. Its a soap opera with skitters. The dialogue is corny and the acting average at best. I keep trying to like it but I keep finding myself cringing.
The skitters in season 1 were something to be feared, now they knock them off as if they are ****
Where walking dead maintains a feeling of dread regarding the ever present thread of the zombies Falling Skies has managed to lose any sense of impending doom when they come across the aliens.
I'll see the season out but its a good concept poorly executed as a melodrama.… Full Review »
Sep 14, 2012This review contains spoilers, click full review link to view. I just finished watching season 2 and I still haven't really been sucked in yet, sometimes It pains me to watch this show and I know what people will say to that statement "why don't you just stop watching it?" The only reason I still watch this show is because I'm waiting for it to pick itself up and become one of those series I'll never forget but it's not, and here's why :
- The fake-outs are terrible, I know Tom will not die, he's essential.
- I find it hard to believe that the 2nd Mass still exist, shouldn't the invading alien forces be superior to them? I mean, they have space crafts and mechs with rockets, the humans? they've just got survivors, a lot of them are children and not able to fight, sure they got good weapons and enough firepower, somehow, but in nearly every gun fight the aliens seem out numbered and utterly useless and you're telling me they have completely destroyed almost every city on the planet? I don't believe it.
And skitter rebels? So an Overlord of a large alien race manages to have a bunch of rebels in his army?
How did it not know that? And these 'rebels' just happened to come along when things looked bad for the humans. Has everyone forgotten that these Aliens came from outer-space? and now that they're on Earth they can't seem to win a fight? - Enough with the cliches.
-Somebody important needs to die sometime, or else I really am going to give up.
And Charleston? what was the point in Charleston? they go there and find out there's something wrong with the people, that they're trying to forget the Aliens are even there, ok why not? and of course the General will be a thorn in Toms' backside, I knew he would be when I first saw him, really? no guns allowed in Charleston? what a stupid rule. I hate how everytime in some shows the Military are the bad guys, I didn't expect them to be like that in this show, of course the 2nd Mass knows best and everyone else are useless, The Aliens just need to sit back and wait for the Humans to kill each other, no seriously, they should've just forgotten about the Humans and focused on the rebel skitters, without these rebel skitters the 2nd Mass would've stayed in Charleston, alot of them would've still been in lockdown and they'd continue hating the General and that guy from Lost, the elections would've gone down and a new democracy would've been born, all the while having an army of Aliens above their heads wondering where they are and why their still on Earth.
I wonder what is happening in France? CONCLUSION
I've seen worse shows than this but Falling Skies didn't have to be bad, in fact it could've been great with a little bit of editing.
Before I finish I'll note all the positives, because this show deserves it.
Here's why I still come back to watch this show :
- Visual effects, best I've seen in a long time, really makes me feel like they're in an apocalyptic environnement.
- Characters are classic, each with an interesting backstory, like Weavers', I actually enjoyed the episode when him and Tom found his house.
- Matt Mason, Toms' son, is actually quite funny and Ben too is quite good, he brings serious to a new level.
That's all I have to say.… Full Review »
Aug 20, 2012The season has now ended, and in the end, they haven't really disappointed me. It's been a great TV show, and I just can't wait until Season 3. It looks like new Aliens are here on Earth, and we won't know if they're friend or foe. Finally, Season 3, instead of the regular 10 episodes, will feature 24 episodes happily. It's an awesome series, and I hope the plot intensifies over time. All in all, the last 2 seasons have done some actual good compared to some other ridiculous shows that make no sense.… Full Review »