• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 19, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.0

1. Jul 15, 2012
    (UPDATED: After watching more episodes, I have to agree, this season is definitely better than the last season, whole religion crap is largely gone (god thanks), also the actors took some acting classes (thanks!), CGI is still bad, concept/story is still unrealistic and stupid. But I have to change my review now from 0 points to 1 because it is definitely an improvement, congrats!!) The original review follows:
    Until now, (after two episodes) it is just as bad as the previous season. Watching it is a huge waste of time. Some people might like the CGI, but compared to Battlestar Galactica it is lame.
  2. Jul 3, 2012
    Falling Skies started out as the quintessence of "Aliens invade and all survivors are idiots" and so far it has not improved much. The show is so full of inconsistencies that it hurts and the inconsistencies are actually getting worse. Second season does a lot to improve the flair of the scenery and seems more solid in the props department, but the CGI is still as bad as it was first season. While the acting is still more or less solid and the characters are still nicely cast, the authors still have no clue what to do with them and the character behavior tends to shift between crazed lunacy and lobotomized stupidity. Questions that every half-sane person would scream all over the place by now are simply not asked by the characters, things that anyone with survival instinct would do are not done. The authors simply fail completely to get their own minds into the characters and instead do it the other way around.

Overall, the show has improved in some parts but by such little margin that I am surprised it did not go down the same drain that Terra Nova went.
  3. Jun 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Ho hum! Season 2? I'm surprised this was renewed! Although I do like to watch Noah, and Will and the other young actors emote! You'd think that this invasion show would be more like the Terminator with humans living underground amidst rubble and destruction. Or humans acting like the refugees in the holocaust of the last horrible world war, hiding and scurrying to survive for food and water! In other words, acting desperate for themselves and their children and other refugees. People walk around, in daylight, as if they don't have a care in the world. Where are the alien "scout ships" patrolling the skies? The aliens look too shiny and fake. There was one good scene - when a group of humans are released from the space ship on an open field, and then, killed, shot in the back, as they ran. It was sort of like what the Nazis did!. The show is somewhat boring. Hey Spielberg, take another look and War of the Worlds I and War of the Worlds II and remember what real panic is! Collapse
  4. Sep 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished watching season 2 and I still haven't really been sucked in yet, sometimes It pains me to watch this show and I know what people will say to that statement "why don't you just stop watching it?" The only reason I still watch this show is because I'm waiting for it to pick itself up and become one of those series I'll never forget but it's not, and here's why :

- The fake-outs are terrible, I know Tom will not die, he's essential.

- I find it hard to believe that the 2nd Mass still exist, shouldn't the invading alien forces be superior to them? I mean, they have space crafts and mechs with rockets, the humans? they've just got survivors, a lot of them are children and not able to fight, sure they got good weapons and enough firepower, somehow, but in nearly every gun fight the aliens seem out numbered and utterly useless and you're telling me they have completely destroyed almost every city on the planet? I don't believe it.

And skitter rebels? So an Overlord of a large alien race manages to have a bunch of rebels in his army?
    How did it not know that? And these 'rebels' just happened to come along when things looked bad for the humans. Has everyone forgotten that these Aliens came from outer-space? and now that they're on Earth they can't seem to win a fight? - Enough with the cliches.

-Somebody important needs to die sometime, or else I really am going to give up.

And Charleston? what was the point in Charleston? they go there and find out there's something wrong with the people, that they're trying to forget the Aliens are even there, ok why not? and of course the General will be a thorn in Toms' backside, I knew he would be when I first saw him, really? no guns allowed in Charleston? what a stupid rule. I hate how everytime in some shows the Military are the bad guys, I didn't expect them to be like that in this show, of course the 2nd Mass knows best and everyone else are useless, The Aliens just need to sit back and wait for the Humans to kill each other, no seriously, they should've just forgotten about the Humans and focused on the rebel skitters, without these rebel skitters the 2nd Mass would've stayed in Charleston, alot of them would've still been in lockdown and they'd continue hating the General and that guy from Lost, the elections would've gone down and a new democracy would've been born, all the while having an army of Aliens above their heads wondering where they are and why their still on Earth.

I wonder what is happening in France? CONCLUSION
    I've seen worse shows than this but Falling Skies didn't have to be bad, in fact it could've been great with a little bit of editing.

Before I finish I'll note all the positives, because this show deserves it.
    Here's why I still come back to watch this show :

- Visual effects, best I've seen in a long time, really makes me feel like they're in an apocalyptic environnement.
    - Characters are classic, each with an interesting backstory, like Weavers', I actually enjoyed the episode when him and Tom found his house.
    - Matt Mason, Toms' son, is actually quite funny and Ben too is quite good, he brings serious to a new level.

That's all I have to say.
  5. Aug 18, 2014
    season 4 is utter nonsense. This series lost its way with bad bad writing , watching any episode is like watching paint dry. My 2 cents avoid this crap and try out legends or the last ship......... they are not epic but better time spent watching
  6. Apr 1, 2013
    This is a decent show, but I would highly recommend you look to The Walking Dead for your post-apocalyptic kicks. The actors are more than capable but the writing is melodramatic and cliche. The show takes itself a little too seriously to merit a more forgiving review. On the plus side, the special effects are pretty good for basic cable.

I will never know how they got Noah Wyle to
    participate in this project, but I am thinking they must have had something on him. Expand
  7. Jun 24, 2014
    I watch this show as a comedy because it is so bad. The show makes literally no improvements over the last season and it is so stupid. I love making fun of this show. I watch to just see how bad it is.

Falling Skies is better than it used to be, but it's still whiffing the allegory, the action, and the characterization: three strikes and you're out.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 22, 2012
    Falling Skies has amped up the dramatic stakes this season, even offering a glimmer of hope when an unexpected visitor drops into their midst, balancing the earnest family values with a visceral survival saga that keeps the hokum mostly at bay.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 18, 2012
    It's not deep, meaningful TV, but Falling Skies is OK summer entertainment for fans of breezy, things-blow-up-easy programming.