Falling Skies : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 19, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.2

1. Sep 13, 2012
    Now that Season 2 is over, it's time for me to look back and say: It is getting better.
    Season 1 was a slightly above average sci-fi action/drama with a servicable plot, characters and dialogue. The season ended definatelly on a strong note and left me wanting more.
    Season 2 is essentally Season 1 but better in pretty much every respect. The story is stronger (but there are still some problems with it), the characters show growth and change (not as much as I'd like but still more than I expected), the dialogue hasn't changed much but then again it really didn't need to (I really wasn't expecting Joss Whedon levels of witty dialogue here), overall it changed and it was for the better. Unlike the last season the heroes actually have a clear goal to achieve and seeing their journey towards attaining it was satisfying. It does suffer from a couple of cliches especially in the season finalle, the secondary characters are still pointless and the overall story arc needs to pick up the pace (and it's already moving at break neck speed).
    Even so an overall better story coupled with a fantastic season finale and a genuinely out of nowhere twist ending that instantaneously got me hooked for Season 3 makes this a season worth a watch.
    7.8/10
  2. Jun 19, 2012
    So far in the first two episodes the quality has really increased. The new season takes a far more dire and apocalyptic tone which makes things much more interesting to watch. A must see.
  3. Aug 20, 2012
    The season has now ended, and in the end, they haven't really disappointed me. It's been a great TV show, and I just can't wait until Season 3. It looks like new Aliens are here on Earth, and we won't know if they're friend or foe. Finally, Season 3, instead of the regular 10 episodes, will feature 24 episodes happily. It's an awesome series, and I hope the plot intensifies over time. AllThe season has now ended, and in the end, they haven't really disappointed me. It's been a great TV show, and I just can't wait until Season 3. It looks like new Aliens are here on Earth, and we won't know if they're friend or foe. Finally, Season 3, instead of the regular 10 episodes, will feature 24 episodes happily. It's an awesome series, and I hope the plot intensifies over time. All in all, the last 2 seasons have done some actual good compared to some other ridiculous shows that make no sense. Expand
  4. Jun 20, 2012
    Do not listen to the trolls on this page. It's okay if you don't like a show but to hate on it, and write a two sentence line on how it had bad CGI is, clearly you are just a troll. FALLING SKIES season 2 is fantastic. Give it a chance. Season 2 definitely becomes darker and more interesting. It's much better than shows like The Walking Dead. Nuff aid.
  5. Jun 20, 2012
    It is annoying to see trolls who come on here just to hate. Get a life!! Anywho, FS Season 2 has, so far, surpassed my expectations. The performances of Wyle and Patton are particularly brilliant and i'm excited to see where this season goes.
  6. Jul 2, 2012
    i love this show and so far all those episodes are my favorite. And second season is much interesting to watch. Can't wait to see what the rest of the episodes lead us to.
  7. Aug 7, 2012
    The second season is way better than the first one. I know the plot is not perfect and there are some things kind of unrealistic, but still makes more sense than The Walking Dead. I can't wait to watch the season finale!
  8. Jul 25, 2012
    The first season of Falling Skies was decent but ultimately a means to an end. It was Spielberg trying to create something epic with one-hour time slots in the sci-fi genre, but only partially delivering. With its second season, Falling Skies begins to take shape into a real series with substance. The cast become more engaging, the aliens become more feared, and the direction of theThe first season of Falling Skies was decent but ultimately a means to an end. It was Spielberg trying to create something epic with one-hour time slots in the sci-fi genre, but only partially delivering. With its second season, Falling Skies begins to take shape into a real series with substance. The cast become more engaging, the aliens become more feared, and the direction of the entire series only becomes slightly clearer, leaving much to mystery that makes you wonder what can happen next. It's still not perfect, but the skies certainly are looking brighter for this series. I only hope they can build enough steam to warrant keeping things going, as summer TV doesn't give much to stay tuned to. Expand
  9. Aug 13, 2012
    Midway through the second season, the show has definitely improved. The acting has become somewhat bearable for most of the main stars, however certain characters, namely Matt and Lourdes, are consistently and irritatingly poor. There are still too many plot points being thrown around and then not mentioned again, making it hard to really get into the series. In other cases, characters areMidway through the second season, the show has definitely improved. The acting has become somewhat bearable for most of the main stars, however certain characters, namely Matt and Lourdes, are consistently and irritatingly poor. There are still too many plot points being thrown around and then not mentioned again, making it hard to really get into the series. In other cases, characters are being improbably reintroduced, as in the case of Pope, and many of the "sentimental" scenes where characters are killed off just do not click. Due to the large numbers of actors, not all of them are properly introduced and integrated, making their deaths largely meaningless for the audience. Anyways, there has been an increasing sense of urgency amongst the 2nd Mass, as well as significantly heightened danger, which has helped move the plot a bit. Much improved from the 1st season, and is worth sticking with as there is immense potential in this show. Expand
  10. Jun 26, 2014
    A excellent continuation from the previous season that expands and widens the seconds masses story. Definitely the best Si-Fi series on t.v. with some great drama, excellent characters and some mediocre acting. Season 2 is full of twist and the last scene cliff hangs the whole series. CQI has improved from the last season as the budget has become bigger, I hope to see more improvementsA excellent continuation from the previous season that expands and widens the seconds masses story. Definitely the best Si-Fi series on t.v. with some great drama, excellent characters and some mediocre acting. Season 2 is full of twist and the last scene cliff hangs the whole series. CQI has improved from the last season as the budget has become bigger, I hope to see more improvements with the next season! Expand
  11. Sep 23, 2014
    Falling skies is a preview of post apocalyptic life under the thumb of Chairman-O but with much more entertaining, over the top, budget sucking CGI

#ThePeoplesCUBE

Season TWO adds an increased CGI budget with much SLOWER plot progression ala Battlestar

Falling Skies is better than it used to be, but it's still whiffing the allegory, the action, and the characterization: three strikes and you're out.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 22, 2012
    Falling Skies has amped up the dramatic stakes this season, even offering a glimmer of hope when an unexpected visitor drops into their midst, balancing the earnest family values with a visceral survival saga that keeps the hokum mostly at bay.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 18, 2012
    It's not deep, meaningful TV, but Falling Skies is OK summer entertainment for fans of breezy, things-blow-up-easy programming.