Falling Skies : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Jun 19, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.1

1. Aug 29, 2012
    The show is a bit too "american" pushing on the family buttons way too much.
    And the characters are either good or bad making it hard to care for them.
  2. Aug 29, 2012
    S2 has been a very lacklustre, average season. Awful plots, poor dialogue and so-so acting add up to a programme that I wouldn't miss if I never watched it again, but they're lucky that nothing else is on at it's timeslot. Falling Skies has so much potential that is never realised, such as the episode where the woman arrives by plane as a messenger from Charleston. What they should'veS2 has been a very lacklustre, average season. Awful plots, poor dialogue and so-so acting add up to a programme that I wouldn't miss if I never watched it again, but they're lucky that nothing else is on at it's timeslot. Falling Skies has so much potential that is never realised, such as the episode where the woman arrives by plane as a messenger from Charleston. What they should've done was check her back to see if she was harnessed, and if she was they could've gone from there. They did nothing. The penultimate episode where they arrive in Charleston was a waste of my time; a power mad dictator who wants to stay hidden with a general who wants to fight the skitters. The general sticks with him for no reason until the end, where they seemed to run out of time, so he randomly goes against the bald guy from Lost. Yet another 'Spielberg show' that even with his name is just poor. Skies is slightly better than Terra Nova, but at least that show had a great premiere and two fantastic last episodes, whereas Skies is consistently average. Expand
  3. Jul 2, 2012
    I'm persisting with falling skies hoping it would get better but it's not. Its a soap opera with skitters. The dialogue is corny and the acting average at best. I keep trying to like it but I keep finding myself cringing.

The skitters in season 1 were something to be feared, now they knock them off as if they are **** Where walking dead maintains a feeling of dread regarding the ever

Where walking dead maintains a feeling of dread regarding the ever present thread of the zombies Falling Skies has managed to lose any sense of impending doom when they come across the aliens.
    I'll see the season out but its a good concept poorly executed as a melodrama.
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    This is a decent show, but I would highly recommend you look to The Walking Dead for your post-apocalyptic kicks. The actors are more than capable but the writing is melodramatic and cliche. The show takes itself a little too seriously to merit a more forgiving review. On the plus side, the special effects are pretty good for basic cable.

I will never know how they got Noah Wyle to

I will never know how they got Noah Wyle to participate in this project, but I am thinking they must have had something on him.
  5. Sep 4, 2013
    Falling Skies opening season was a mixed bag. It certainly did a few things right featuring very good special effects for a TV show and containing just enough plot twists to keep things fairly interesting. For everything it did well however it did something else equally as poorly and I found it more difficult to ignore these issues this time around to the extent that I suddenly realised,Falling Skies opening season was a mixed bag. It certainly did a few things right featuring very good special effects for a TV show and containing just enough plot twists to keep things fairly interesting. For everything it did well however it did something else equally as poorly and I found it more difficult to ignore these issues this time around to the extent that I suddenly realised, about midway through this season, that I didn’t particularly care if I continued watching the show or not.

For me the biggest of these issues, caused partly by the often very wooden dialogue, is that the show is rarely, if ever, able to bring any real sense of tension to proceedings. Anyone that has been also been watching shows like Breaking Bad or even Game of Thrones will hopefully understand what I mean as both feature multiple scenes in most episodes were it is just impossible to take your eyes off the screen. For me at least that is just never the case with Falling Skies.

If you are fan of sci-fi, or alien invasion stories in particular, you will likely enjoy Falling Skies (I did at times) but with so many other critically acclaimed shows on my ‘to watch’ list I won’t be sticking with the show any longer.
  6. Nov 10, 2012
    Season 2 was an improvement over season 1. However it is still a middle of the road tv show. None of the characters are remarkable. There aren't any compelling story arcs or subplots. Many of the logical problems persist from season 1. For example, no matter where the 2nd Mass travels they always have unlimited power and gasoline. Their only attempt at explaining this is they always haveSeason 2 was an improvement over season 1. However it is still a middle of the road tv show. None of the characters are remarkable. There aren't any compelling story arcs or subplots. Many of the logical problems persist from season 1. For example, no matter where the 2nd Mass travels they always have unlimited power and gasoline. Their only attempt at explaining this is they always have people out scouting for supplies. Lucky for them "supplies" are always there to be found. The show has found it's niche though and I don't expect it to crawl out of it. It sounds weird when I actually write it down, and this is probably a reason I have so much trouble liking this show, but Falling skies is a family-friendly doomsday fantasy. Obviously there will be awkwardness when trying to mix such disparate genres of TV. Since the show is a mixing of these two Genres, the writing suffers by being watered down for friendliness. It still has times when the darker elements take over and somebody die, but its mostly black and white. A situation / action / character is either wrong or right. Moral quandaries that make survivalist / doomsday fantasy compelling are not present and because of the lack of ethical dilemma's, the story is quite predictable. Even the "plot twist" change of allegiance stuff is predictable. I probably wouldn't give this show a 5 if there was any other "Scifi" shows on tv. It's a shame too, because science fiction has historically been a lens through which writers can critique societal values and norms. Expand

Falling Skies is better than it used to be, but it's still whiffing the allegory, the action, and the characterization: three strikes and you're out.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Jun 22, 2012
    Falling Skies has amped up the dramatic stakes this season, even offering a glimmer of hope when an unexpected visitor drops into their midst, balancing the earnest family values with a visceral survival saga that keeps the hokum mostly at bay.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 18, 2012
    It's not deep, meaningful TV, but Falling Skies is OK summer entertainment for fans of breezy, things-blow-up-easy programming.