• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 19, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
6.3

1. Aug 5, 2011
    The beginning episodes were dreadfully boring. I was expecting a lot more from this production. It isn't as high quality as I was looking for. The action and intensity was extremely low. I would sit and wonder, "When is something going to happen?" I will say that as the series has progressed and the relationships have evolved it has become more intriguing. Some plot elements leaveThe beginning episodes were dreadfully boring. I was expecting a lot more from this production. It isn't as high quality as I was looking for. The action and intensity was extremely low. I would sit and wonder, "When is something going to happen?" I will say that as the series has progressed and the relationships have evolved it has become more intriguing. Some plot elements leave questions in your head so you want to continue watching. I was about to give up on it until the final 3 episodes. It has really gotten better and I am ready to see the season finale. Expand
  2. Jul 7, 2011
    Wow - could the mainstream critics be more up the arse of Speilberg? Because that's the only way to make sense of the discrepancy between them and the user scores. This was the most disappointing and boring pilot I've seen in a long time. Everything about it just seemed to strike the wrong note. The premise makes little sense- as others have mentioned, what alien species that couldWow - could the mainstream critics be more up the arse of Speilberg? Because that's the only way to make sense of the discrepancy between them and the user scores. This was the most disappointing and boring pilot I've seen in a long time. Everything about it just seemed to strike the wrong note. The premise makes little sense- as others have mentioned, what alien species that could take over the planet then doesn't finish the job? And having Noah Wylie walking around talking about the numerous times in history during which small groups of people fought off a larger enemy seemed utterly desperate. And it was SAPPY too. The acting was poor and even some of the casting was pretty crap. (that guy that is leading their unit- he plays the same guy in every show he's in and they are always really annoying) You don't really see much alien action and what action you do see is often in a darkened atmosphere so they can get away with CGI sloppiness. The alien design has been stolen too.. I can't remember from what other show or movie, but I've definitely seen those before. Very rarely do I give up on a show that I was interested in after only one episode but I feel justified in it on this one. Expand
  3. Aug 8, 2011
    Falling Skies is one of the few shows I kept watching, even though I found it to be horribly bad, because I couldn't stop wondering how much worse it could still get. Doing so, I found out that it actually got better halfway through the season, but only a little and not nearly enough.
    My greatest issue with the show is, that the setting is completely implausible and has plot holes ranging from background to on-going story arc, which are so huge that tanks could be parked in them. A score of 1 instead of 0 is deserved, because most of the characters are well cast, even though the writers did not manage to do anything useful with them. The biggest minus in my opinion is the horrible quality of the special effects, which makes the menacing alien machines look like nothing more thrilling than broken Lego toys.
  4. Aug 11, 2011
    I had a lot of hope going into this series. With Steven Spielberg producing it, the series should have been an instant classic, right? Not so much. Noah Wyle's character is the only character worth caring about. Everyone else is trite and melodramatic. The whole show focuses on saving the children. "We have to save the children!"... Oh my lord. Could this be more cliched. I think not. TheI had a lot of hope going into this series. With Steven Spielberg producing it, the series should have been an instant classic, right? Not so much. Noah Wyle's character is the only character worth caring about. Everyone else is trite and melodramatic. The whole show focuses on saving the children. "We have to save the children!"... Oh my lord. Could this be more cliched. I think not. The special effects aren't very special and the writing is mind numbingly boring. I realize this is a cable show but they could have pumped in a little bit of money for some more action sequences and alien scenes. There's an entire battle that happens in the last episode that is only eluded to when the main character arrives at the location it was supposedly fought at. This is supposed to be the major climactic episode to keep us hooked for another season! They didn't even want to spend the money to make the last episode cinematically dynamic or explosive. I am so disappointed in Spielberg, who has hundreds of millions of dollars to produce box office blockbusters but only put enough into this show to let his reputation carry the series. In conclusion, this series is not worth your time. If you want good characters, watch reruns of Lost. If you want great alien action scenes, watch Cloverfield. If you want good dystopian sci/fi writing, read 1984 by George Orwell. Expand
  5. Jun 21, 2011
    I like the concept.. Exciting to see developing ideas of destroying the scitters.
    the 2 legged cyclops metal robots are a bit lame, and come right out of an old b movie . will appeal to nastalgic folks who liked war of the worlds.
    the firefights need to be more destructive and i need to see more debris , and unfortunately , more bodies , to actually believe we are being invaded by an alien race. The Homeship of the creatures is interesting (see deathstar) and I want to know more about this palace of evil and how to destroy it. the scitters are not very details.. kinda of a mix between yoda, and a praying mantis.. get more creative guys.. Steve you have the best makeup and mask guys in the biz..we can do better ..
    thanks for creating a show for noel wyle to showcase his range.. he's cool . has some great scenes with the sons.. and the budding romance with the doc is sure to bring in some more viewers. much success to the show . still hopeful fan
  6. Jul 8, 2011
    Yes it was a alien and I hate Alien shows but this one stood out. A great drama with a great twist of the alien concept, good show.and I highly recommend it.
  7. Jul 31, 2011
    It had better warm up pretty quickly or i'm afraid the big bad six legged cancellation monster is gonna come a'knocking on the shows front door.
    Its a shame i was really looking forward to this one. It seems that all sci fi shows since Lost, seem intent on stringing the audience along drip feed fashion.
  8. Aug 18, 2011
    My biggest complaint with this show is that it often fails to capitalize on the subplots that it opens. In this season alone there were at least two major subplots resolved in one or two episodes that could have filled at least half a season each. That said, it gripped me enough to make me want to come back for another season, and that's certainly something.
  9. Apr 29, 2013
    There has certainly been no shortage of alien invasion stories in film or on TV but Falling Skies seeks to differentiate itself by starting at the point in which the humans have already lost. Minutes into the opening episode we learn that the majority of the human race that survived the attack have banded together under military protection (well, what is left of it at least) and are forcedThere has certainly been no shortage of alien invasion stories in film or on TV but Falling Skies seeks to differentiate itself by starting at the point in which the humans have already lost. Minutes into the opening episode we learn that the majority of the human race that survived the attack have banded together under military protection (well, what is left of it at least) and are forced to remain on the move if they are to avoid detection from the alien creatures and mechs roaming the Earth.

This is certainly not a show without (a number of) faults. The script for example is slightly lacking compared to the best drama and sci-fi shows of the last decade such as Battlestar Galactica and problems are all too often resolved rather to easily, with little to no consequences, in order that the plot can progress. Budgetary restraints also mean that the show regularly builds anticipation towards an upcoming event only for said event to take place off-screen, an attempted attack on an alien stronghold towards the end of the season being a perfect example of this.

Despite these faults Falling Skies is certainly an enjoyable show in many ways. The large ensemble cast contains enough interesting (if slightly stereotypical) and likable characters in order that viewers start to care about want happens to them and the majority of the performances are more than adequate for a sci-fi show. The twists and turns in the narrative are also unpredictable enough to keep most people guessing at what will happen next with some genuinely interesting revelations dotted throughout this first season.
    In the end I found it best to just ignore the plot holes and convenient coincidences and take the show for what it is. I for one am willing to give it a second chance next season.
  10. drm
    Jun 20, 2011
    I have to give 'Falling Skies' a big, bland 5. No, it wasn't the worst thing I've seen on television, but it was far from memorable. Cheating us all of the opening alien apocalypse, by using children's drawings, was an enormous directorial misstep. Sometimes it's a great idea to start a story in medias res, but when your entire story is built on people reacting to the harshness of anI have to give 'Falling Skies' a big, bland 5. No, it wasn't the worst thing I've seen on television, but it was far from memorable. Cheating us all of the opening alien apocalypse, by using children's drawings, was an enormous directorial misstep. Sometimes it's a great idea to start a story in medias res, but when your entire story is built on people reacting to the harshness of an alien invasion, you just really gotta show some of it. Right? Shouldn't be a problem for Dreamworks to work up some amazing CGI footage like that. Right? It came off as strained budget, as did the sparing presence of the aliens themselves. I know it's hard to set up a big story like this, and I think it's too soon to write it off, but seriously Dreamworks, that next episode better just rock my world, or I'm jumping ship and calling it even. Expand
  11. Jun 22, 2011
    I am generally a bit of a sucker for alien invasion stories. I was sad, for example, when V was cancelled. But this one just didn't draw me in at all. I suspect that it was written by boring people who are only capable of creating boring characters. The plot development is both linear and slow. The show alternates between boring action sequences and maudlin scenes where the humans reflectI am generally a bit of a sucker for alien invasion stories. I was sad, for example, when V was cancelled. But this one just didn't draw me in at all. I suspect that it was written by boring people who are only capable of creating boring characters. The plot development is both linear and slow. The show alternates between boring action sequences and maudlin scenes where the humans reflect on their difficult plight. I doubt Spielberg himself had much to do with the show, but the show features one of his favorite themes -- families and social groups coming together to attempt to overcome a seemingly insurmountable evil -- which I frankly find extremely uninteresting and trite. I was hoping to find a show that could hold me over until the next season of Game of Thrones, but unfortunately this isn't it. Expand
  12. Jul 4, 2011
    This show is a perfect example of how scifi should not be made. It tries to mix generic unintelligent drama with scifi which is by design something designed for intelligent receivers. You can not mix this, scifi fans do not need cheap drama and underdeveloped characters, while drama lovers do not need scifi. Until this way of making scifi series change, they will keep ending as cancelledThis show is a perfect example of how scifi should not be made. It tries to mix generic unintelligent drama with scifi which is by design something designed for intelligent receivers. You can not mix this, scifi fans do not need cheap drama and underdeveloped characters, while drama lovers do not need scifi. Until this way of making scifi series change, they will keep ending as cancelled cliffhangers, which is the direction this show is also taking. Expand
  13. Jul 11, 2011
    Again... another good scifi idea so wrong used.
  14. Jul 16, 2011
    It's another generic alien invasion show where a bunch of survivors struggle to make their way out of an alien-infested city, but Falling Skies was done well enough that I enjoyed it regardless.
  15. Jun 27, 2011
    This show is brilliant in its idiocy. On first look, nothing makes sense at all in this show. But if we take a moment and look deeper we find that all of this not-making-sense stuff actually, when taken as a whole... makes no sense.

In a world where billions are dead, apparently the doctor who figured a way to remove the harnesses from the children by using a blowtorch (using a blow torch so near to skin definitely wouldn't burn said skin), also knows the "professor," in fact they apparently were friends! And not only that, this doctor apparently hid while the aliens invaded leaving the professor's wife to die alone in the street. The professor is able to figure all this out because he somehow found his wife's body after the invasion and she had a bag near her that was very, very heavy (so heave she couldn't carry it on her own), so the conclusion must be the doctor left her to die! Such drama! Oh yeah aliens are killing off all of humanity too.

The criminal the 2nd Mass captured complained so vocally about the food that they decided to make him... the cook! Thank God, because the whole theme of how the food they was being prepared was driving me crazy with anticipation. I can't wait to see what he cooks up for the rag tag 2nd Mass next! Luckily the military leader of the 2nd Mass is smart enough to take time away from trying to survive, protect the civilians, train his "fighters" and kill aliens, to oversee this criminal as head cook. Thank God the military knows how to prioritize! Oh yeah aliens are still killing off all of humanity too.

Some people think harnessing children, turning them into zombified kids and having them collect scrap metal is silly. I disagree. This is a wonderful plot point! As everyone knows, aliens are huge do-it-yourselfers - just look at how passionate they are about their DIY Earth Invasion! For the aliens, Earth is DIYer's dream planet! And what better way to collect all that yummy scrap metal than by using zombified children! OK, sure, using advanced machinery (or a magnet) would be far more efficient and wouldn't require taking robocop guards away from slaughtering the rest of humanity - but DIYing isn't always about efficiency, it's also about fun! And what's more fun than invading a planet, wiping out the civilization and turning children into zombies who collect the scrap metal? I hear in episode 7 they're going to display some of the alien's art work.

These aliens are also smart when it comes to getting paid by the networks. For example, when the robocops fire weapons at people behind barricades they use bullets that ricochet harmlessly away. When they see the professor, unprotected in the street, they fire missiles. Luckily the missiles, fired point blank, don't kill or even seriously wound the professor. They also wisely don't kill the show's "stars," instead they "stun" the show's "stars." By not killing the "stars" the aliens can keep the show running longer which will mean way bigger residual checks when it goes into syndication on SYFY.

I think the aliens also have aq bit of the matchmaker in them. See I think the aliens saw that the professor and the doctor would like each other. So they planned this invasion to bring those two together. I mean if I knew two people should be together and I was a member of an alien race with far superior technology, I'd invade a planet, kill billions and destroy their civilization if I thought it would help a couple of people hook up. Well, if they lived on a planet with plenty of DIY scrap metal I would anyway.

Anyway, brilliant show. I hope the writers can maintain this level of quality throughout.
  16. Jun 22, 2011
    Spielberg's prowess attempts to save "Skies" from drowning.

Spielberg's prowess attempts to save "Skies" from drowning.

I have to admit. I want to rate this lower because Falling Skies makes me really angry. I can't believe the producers/directors or who ever it may be would make so many bad decisions. Yet I am still intrigued a little and will probably watch more. This nowhere near sucked me in as much as V did last year and the computer animation is 10 times worst. I can just imagine how bad it looks in HD. God help us. I could tell you except an HD version isn't available yet...ha...I wonder why.

On top of that just when I thought it couldn't get any worst a "stereotypical, Sci-Fi channelesk, 1990's , basic scruffy group of Bad Guys in there hideout" were introduced. I was introducing my mind to stop watching because I've seen this 1000 times and it's stupid every time. The worst part is I started feeling like the show was "setty" at this point meaning I felt like I went from one set....a warehouse....to another set.....a school....to another set....military base out side. Shows like Lost where they were obviously always on the same set never made me feel this way. The 1990's group of bad guys didn't help. Maybe I'm too harsh but I really don't think so. On top of that there are a lot of bad actors, and also too many actors. I mean a lot of shows like V and The Event last year had the same problem but this is much worst because there are so many people and I feel like they should stop ridiculously introducing people like the two cool black guys who were awesome but cheesily and swiftly introduced. Take notes from Lost you do a couple at a time, not the whole army base at once. This reminds me of the random characters on Lost. At the point they were introduce the show was so good that no body cared. First episode= we care.

The only hope and it's a good one. Is the Spielberg style directed scenes which push unpretentious Father-Son, Mother Daughter type wholesome emotions on watchers. So you have all this bad stuff verses Spielberg, it's pretty messy if you ask me.
  17. Jun 23, 2011
    I'm a Sci-Fi fan, but unfortunately I was bored to death by the pilot. Had to stop watching. No sense in prolonging the agony. When you've got a new show, and you're competing with so many others, you've got to so SOMEthing to get the viewer's attention. This did nothing. Let me know how it goes. If it gets amazing, I'll check it out on DVD.
  18. Jul 13, 2011
    Not bad. The series showed a lot of promise in the 1st episode, but the 2nd one was really slow and plodding. Don't need to be reminded every 5 minutes about how "hard" the invasion is on all the kids by constantly going back to them.

The show is missing some urgency and suspense. Humans are supposed to be facing extinction, but they never seem to be in much danger. The 3rd episode does show some hope tho.
  19. Aug 5, 2011
    Turgid, ill-thought out, cloyingly sentimental: all the things Spielberg now stands for. Could it be rescued by dramatic revelations? I doubt it: the plodding acting, writing and directing aren't up to it. Only the creature animation is adequate.
  20. Aug 14, 2011
    One of the worst shows on TV! Bad writing, bad camera work, bad acting! Even Mystery Science Theater would not bother with lampooning this one! It is just that bad!!!
  21. Aug 26, 2011
    Falling Skies is a prime example of a show trying to do something amazing but falling short of it. To summarize, Falling Skies revolves around a human resistance against invading aliens. Which sounds like it'd be great fun, but unfortunately, it isn't.

Getting right down to it, Falling Skies has very sub-par writing. It's B-movie material that's unfortunately given to a great cast of actors- it's basically what you'd expect out of a rough draft from a 15 year old's "epic" movie idea. The "romance" bits are shoehorned in, along with all the other bits of cliche "character bonding" moments.

It can't be all bad though, right? Even generic, B-level action movies can still be well liked, if only because of the overly gratuitous action. But it lacks that campy charm from, say, Starship Troopers. The action takes the backseat to the many conversation scenes that take place in the human shelter, which unnecessarily drags the show on and on. When the action finally happens, it's very slow and predictable. To top it off, it all comes across as serious- at least with a B-movie, you know it's a B-movie. However, Falling Skies tries to act like Spielberg's other alien-themed production, War of the Worlds- without any of the feeling of a constant threat, terrifying invaders, or even a somewhat realistic sense of human survival. All of the good things you'd expect from Falling Skies just don't come true.

All in all, Falling Skies is a show that's a great idea that pretty much completely fails to deliver.
  22. Oct 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Boring, bad, dumb, slow, but above all this show is incredibly annoying. Whether the dialogue, action scenes, poor (lack of) logic or character building, every aspect of this show is incredibly annoying. It is so annoying that I was forced to skip scenes at an exponentially increasing rate, after episode 3 I skipped the rest of the show. OK let me try to give you an idea how annoying this show is. So, aliens came to earth and defeated every military and nation around the world. The show is about the last survivors of the human race (+ a dog) and their resistance against the superior alien enemy. The aliens have superior technology, higher intelligence and had the advantage of a surprise attack, that is why they won, right? Nope, apparently the aliens won because nobody knows how to kill them. It's told a couple of times, they knew you would start skipping the dialogue and wanted to make sure you catch that. However, the hero of the show is determined and wont give up. He is a professional history teacher and explains numerous times how history is full of examples of inferior forces winning battles. He also uses his history lesson airtime to shove a medium portion American patriotism down your throat, just in case you missed your daily dose of any other generic American TV show or forgot to sing the national anthem in front of the flag. Luckily, our hero finds a way to kill the evil invaders, you know, you just have to get close. Yes, that's it, if only the combined military powers of the world with their fancy special forces, jets and nuclear weapons knew this intriguing secret before they were utterly defeated. With shocking knowledge in mind and handguns loaded the untrained, partially underage resistance fighters of the earth stand a chance again. It's obvious that humanity can't win head on, that's why hundreds people walk around in broad daylight to regroup with other groups of people who I guess also walk around in broad daylight without being spotted by the extraterrestrials. That makes total sense, these aliens must have skipped technological conveniences like satellites, aerial reconnaissance, night vision, effective weapons etc., instead they went directly after space travel, mind control, autonomous robots and a device to find earth in the vast universe. Also the aliens are morons, just like the humans. All these facts combined make for mind-blowing action scenes. So, once again our group of heroes has to leave the larger group of people who are totally safe by the way, because anything noteworthy in this universe happens in the immediate surroundings of one of the characters you know the name of, except being killed. The objective is as always getting supplies from an seemingly abandoned warehouse, but surprise an alien is hiding behind that box someone is grabbing. Here I should mention there are two types of aliens, the first one is a walking robot that can shoot, the second one is the actual alien. The actual alien has multiple legs, sharp teeth, wears an armoured vest, makes strange noises, is capable of mind control and can only fight by catching people and biting and maybe punching. So again, the second type alien is hiding behind some box in an abandoned warehouse in anticipation of someone to grab it, because that's what you do after you have decisively won an interplanetary war. Finally, some unsuspecting fool grabs the box, *waaagghhhgheeee* the alien screams and waits for the humans to react. They do, by running around waving their weapons in front of their groin and shooting in full auto. *Pweew*, *ching* all the missing bullets surprisingly do no damage, the ones that statistically have to hit some part of the aliens body do no damage either. You have to get close man! You see, when you get close you can beat them even with a flashlight. Luckily the aliens don't have walkie-talkies, would be a pain encountering more than two aliens at once. After a while the next battle starts, this time it's the robot alien. Usually our heroes spot them first, hide behind a car at a throwing distance and make an attempt at strategy. However, it never works out as planned, either someone runs out of cover screaming *insert dog's or loved one's name* or someone tips something over while doing something that was completely unnecessary to begin with. Robot alien activates it's advanced weaponry, multiple slightly differently colored laser beams converge on the target's head, advanced battle AI identifies target as an extra, boom, dead. If the laser beams spot a regular cast member, robot alien activates dramatic mode that freezes the target and makes it stare. After the target was dive saved the robot usually fires it's other weapon, a small rocket that makes cars go boom. Well, the really annoying stuff is the romance sub-plot, the moronic god talks and the father-son relationship building exercises while everybody is staring.SorryNotEnoughSpaceToExpressAllMyHate Expand
  23. Dec 20, 2011
    Falling Skies is far from perfect, but is not as bad as the user score might lead you to believe. The characters while lacking development are not stereotypes and are pretty interesting to watch. The story is engaging and I love how it abandons the classic and overused formula of an Alien Invasion being beaten embarrassingly easy. It's a post-apocalyptic action series first, and a sci-fiFalling Skies is far from perfect, but is not as bad as the user score might lead you to believe. The characters while lacking development are not stereotypes and are pretty interesting to watch. The story is engaging and I love how it abandons the classic and overused formula of an Alien Invasion being beaten embarrassingly easy. It's a post-apocalyptic action series first, and a sci-fi drama close second. It may not be for everyone (that much is certain) but give the pilot episode a watch and see how it fits. Expand
  24. Aug 10, 2011
    I've tried hard to like it but by the 4th episode I wasn't really interested in watching it anymore. I confess the Spielberg name made me go so far or else I'd quit watching it fom the middle of the 2nd episode ahead.
  25. Jun 19, 2011
    I really can not describe the amount of hate I feel for this show. I just left it on as I was doing some things, I watched some action scenes and some 'moving' scenes. The action scenes were very clumsy feeling and goofy, like a movie from the 70s with enhanced visuals. Then I come to the very dramatic little touching scenes, well they were supposed to be touching. The one that I rememberI really can not describe the amount of hate I feel for this show. I just left it on as I was doing some things, I watched some action scenes and some 'moving' scenes. The action scenes were very clumsy feeling and goofy, like a movie from the 70s with enhanced visuals. Then I come to the very dramatic little touching scenes, well they were supposed to be touching. The one that I remember is the boy riding the Ripstick, I guess it was supposed to be symbolic of the boy's childhood being robbed by the invasion. However it just ended up being a bunch of people staring at a boy riding a Ripstick. I am going to make a little point system and come up with an average to score it.

Story: Not that original, they skipped six months ahead of the initial invasion which makes me feel like they didn't want to waste the energy and time to produce those scenes. Really it is just another alien show/movie with a different name and different visuals. It does have some interesting moments. 2/10

Acting: The lead was Noah Wyle, I have no idea what he has done in his past, but I am not impressed so far. He has not a hint of chemistry with anyone in this show. I don't know the names of the other actors but they aren't making me say "WOW!" 1/10

Visuals: This is the part that really shocks me, the visuals are actually really bad. I expected when I heard the name Steven Spielberg being pasted all over this show, I thought it'd at least have the best of the best CGI. I would compare the CGI to a Syfy movie. Really this was shocking to me. The CGI explosions and the aliens look out of place in the real world. 0/10

If you did the math, that is a 1. . This is only based on one episode, so this could change but if it doesn't, I'd say avoid this giant blockbuster that fails to captivate me.
  26. Jul 4, 2011
    As of now this show is just above terrible. I wanted to like it. I'm still trying to like it but the direction is really bad, the actors should be ashamed. V was way better and BSG put this to shame.
  27. Jun 19, 2011
    I agree that the Spielberg name made me hope for more, but this hardly deserves hatred. It's pretty formulaic, pretty ho-hum for thrills, pretty - well, slow. I don't necessarily look for constant bloody action, but the encounters with the aliens are just plain boring. Oops - there's a bad guy...shoot it!

The plot is also predictable - potential romance that they'll try to milk for

The plot is also predictable - potential romance that they'll try to milk for all it's worth, running short of supplies, tension between leaders. Getting captured by human criminals had some zing to it, but that seems already played out in the first episode. The criminal leader has some spark, but he'll probably be used to make pithy sarcastic comments and little else.

Hey, it's summer TV - just ow many reruns can we watch of NCIS and Law & Order??? Oh yeah, we could read a book....
  28. Jun 21, 2011
    Bad, bad, bad, bad. Mr. Spielberg needs to get his check back, and sue whoever made this mess for defamation.

I'm not even sure where to start with this mess - except to say that critics must be watching a different show than what appeared on TV. First - aliens have invaded the earth, and will stake out / protect empty buildings. But, they won't attack a column of 300 people moving in broad daylight....really....

There are a lot of what the #$*#$ were they thinking moments in the first hour of the show. To many to list here. The biggest problem is that this show makes a story about alien invasion boring. Too many drawn out plot points, rote scenes that don't hang together, characters you don't care about - because they don't give you a reason to....

Don't waster your time on this show. There are too many other good options besides this dreck.
  29. Jun 27, 2011
    Below par on all levels. The dialogue is oversimplified. The CG is poor. The plots are recycled. With the exception of the Pope character, the characters are generic, plagued by stiff acting. It basically says "NBC" on all levels. Falling Skies has very obviously attempted to replicate elements of Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead, which are some great shows to emulate.Below par on all levels. The dialogue is oversimplified. The CG is poor. The plots are recycled. With the exception of the Pope character, the characters are generic, plagued by stiff acting. It basically says "NBC" on all levels. Falling Skies has very obviously attempted to replicate elements of Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead, which are some great shows to emulate. Unfortunately, the show fails to deliver even a fraction of the quality. Expand
  30. Jul 19, 2011
    Dreadful. For a kick off, the best thing about a season 1 premier, especially a sci-fi one, is that you usually get a good chuck of a 'Genesis' story line to set the scene. So I was looking forward to a good story and some nice visuals depicting how the characters in this story first encountered the aliens. No chance. instead we are brought up to speed with a childs view of the events andDreadful. For a kick off, the best thing about a season 1 premier, especially a sci-fi one, is that you usually get a good chuck of a 'Genesis' story line to set the scene. So I was looking forward to a good story and some nice visuals depicting how the characters in this story first encountered the aliens. No chance. instead we are brought up to speed with a childs view of the events and the visuals are provided by kids drawings of aliens shooting folks. I suppose it's supposed to be thought provoking and edgy, but I just saw it as a blatant effort to save on an FX budget. And on a whole the FX shots that we do get are pretty poor. The plots are rubbish too. This is just a bunch of no-body actors walking around fields and derelict houses with dirty faces and guns. Rubbish. Don't waste your time Expand
  31. Jul 20, 2011
    Falling Skies has an interesting and creative premise. Too bad the execution is so, well, stupid. The army officers do not follow army protocol, they do not know exhibit any army or common sensical expertise, much less how to set up a perimeter, and treat the civilians like dogs. Really Spielberg? Really?

Is this supposed to be great TV? The silliness extends everywhere in every episode.

Is this supposed to be great TV?

The silliness extends everywhere in every episode. These people are supposed to be fighting for their lives. Losing the doctor was a horror show of stupidity and unrealistic drama. Can't there at least be one smart guy in the room, or this just in general bad writing?

Good lord.
  32. Jun 22, 2011
    They blew a great opportunity with this show. It could've been great if it had been done right, but they "hollywooded" it up too much. I'm not a fan of TNT and their shows (too corny, sappy and cliche)...and this show got the typical "TNT" treatment - bad casting and mediocre writing. The casting is especially horrendous, but predictable for a network like TNT - all of the women andThey blew a great opportunity with this show. It could've been great if it had been done right, but they "hollywooded" it up too much. I'm not a fan of TNT and their shows (too corny, sappy and cliche)...and this show got the typical "TNT" treatment - bad casting and mediocre writing. The casting is especially horrendous, but predictable for a network like TNT - all of the women and young men look like models - none of them look like real people, and their acting is wooden to say the least. Typical TNT casting choices - they cast good-looking people with no charisma or personality. The premise is also flawed. I simply can't believe that large groups of humans would be able to successfully hide from an advanced alien race. The aliens have ships that could easily just drop bombs on every square mile of the planet and could eliminate the entire human race in a matter of days...with their advanced technology, they should be able to locate and destroy every human relatively quickly.

The aliens themselves are also not believable as an "advanced, intelligent" race. I have a hard time believing something that looks like an overgrown spider could create advanced technology....and why do so called "advanced" aliens never wear clothes?

Boring, unrealistic plot, with boring, generic characters. I would love to see what network like AMC could do with and alien show. AMC would do a real, gritty, believable version with interesting characters....this watered down TNT could've been great if it had been in the right hands.
  33. Jun 27, 2011
    I should know by now to expect a Spielberg sci-fi show to be full of bad-acting kids, bad science, marginal special effects, and sappy dialogue. In fact, I think Spielberg ruined "Super 8" as well along these lines. (Abrams, you did fine with Cloverfield, you DON"T NEED SPIELBERG!)

Take Battlestar Galactica (new) (yes, we have Cylons and Baltar on land), merge with Robert Heinlein's "The Puppet Masters", add kiddies, remove all good actors/acting, water down the violence and drama, and slash the budget. And throw in the name of a former director has-been who was relevant 35 years ago.

This should have been made by Joss Whedon if you wanted a great series.
  34. Jul 12, 2011
    This showed some promise when it got started but things go lame real quick. After a few episodes we discover the Roach-like aliens don't really have a motive other than killing people and having their robots blow stuff up. And none of that is any exciting. But what's really unsettling is all the religious ideology. Tough love, redemption and an eye for an eye are common narratives. TheThis showed some promise when it got started but things go lame real quick. After a few episodes we discover the Roach-like aliens don't really have a motive other than killing people and having their robots blow stuff up. And none of that is any exciting. But what's really unsettling is all the religious ideology. Tough love, redemption and an eye for an eye are common narratives. The last episode I watched had the latina girl at the table holding hands for a prayer session. And the kids with the alien attachments are nothing more than a metaphor for drugs and premarital sex. They walk around all doped up neglecting their loved ones. Heeeelarious! Expand
  35. Jul 13, 2011
    Pilot double header was OK, but subsequent episodes have been duller and duller. The characters tend to hang around being mopey or doing stupid things. The potentially interesting story line of what the bugs are doing on earth, why they are so hostile and how they have such an extraordinary grasp of human biology that they can enslave children with a "harness" is playing out excruciatinglyPilot double header was OK, but subsequent episodes have been duller and duller. The characters tend to hang around being mopey or doing stupid things. The potentially interesting story line of what the bugs are doing on earth, why they are so hostile and how they have such an extraordinary grasp of human biology that they can enslave children with a "harness" is playing out excruciatingly slowly. The rest is sentimental and dull and annoying. Expand
  36. Oct 5, 2011
    It only gets worse... and worse... and worse as the season progresses. I had high hopes, you bet. I love sci/fi. This is not SciFi. This is a bunch of paintballers who don't shower and hang out at the local school without taking a shower. They hold candlelight vigils and spend lots of time in touchy feely conversations because it is easier than actually writing a scifi script. TheIt only gets worse... and worse... and worse as the season progresses. I had high hopes, you bet. I love sci/fi. This is not SciFi. This is a bunch of paintballers who don't shower and hang out at the local school without taking a shower. They hold candlelight vigils and spend lots of time in touchy feely conversations because it is easier than actually writing a scifi script. The first time I saw the aliens i wanted to laugh because the graphics were more cheesy than World of Warcraft. The sound that the metal aliens make when they march up... what's with that sound... is it supposed to be scary? I've heard more scary sounds in techno music. Everything fails. It is impossible to care about any of the characters because the acting and the script are terrible. FAIL. Expand
  37. Oct 16, 2011
    What? The talent of the Spielberg factory couldn't come up with a different looking invader? They look like the offspring of the "War of the Worlds" family. And how many times does Noah Wylie have to comfort his sons about how things will be all right? I'm happier watching re-runs of the old "V". Now that was fun! Oh well, another boring "epic" from Spielberg. Thank the stars for "TheWhat? The talent of the Spielberg factory couldn't come up with a different looking invader? They look like the offspring of the "War of the Worlds" family. And how many times does Noah Wylie have to comfort his sons about how things will be all right? I'm happier watching re-runs of the old "V". Now that was fun! Oh well, another boring "epic" from Spielberg. Thank the stars for "The Walking Dead"! Expand
  38. Jul 27, 2012
    For some reason I have committed myself to watching this show. Having said that, I feel like that entitles me to say with all confidence that this is one of the worst television shows I've ever seen. I could basically summarize the entire first two seasons in less than a paragraph. That's right, less than a paragraph.

Two seasons in and NOTHING remotely interesting has been revealed.

Two seasons in and NOTHING remotely interesting has been revealed. Characters who come and go without reason have little to no development and the writing constantly tries to hit you over the head with these emotional moments that just come off as trite and annoying. In fact, I didn't even know most of the characters names until the second season. This entire show is a big gaping plot hole that the writers/producers never even attempt to fill. In fact, when the opportunity arises for a little damn exposition, it's skipped for more trite, emotional BS. Look, I'm all for heart in a story but Falling Skies neither has the capacity to pull it off or the story to back it up. I've seen every episode of this show and the fascination only comes from how amazingly bad this show is. And yet it gets picked up for a third season. My hate is real. There is nothing remotely interesting or compelling about this show. At all.
  39. Aug 20, 2012
    The show has had a great plot so far. The action is intensifying as the story continues to progress. It's one of the best TV shows out there that I've seen so far. It's been an interesting ride, and I can't wait until Season 3. Unfortunately, I can't stand waiting a whole year to watch another season of 10 episodes. All in all, it is definitely an awesome show.
  40. Jun 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just finished watching the pilot, and here are a few thoughts on what I have seen so far. First, the story premise is interesting, but I would really like to see something more than an armed rabble taking on aliens who are obviously militarily superior in every way. As one of the characters noted, what we really need is a B-2 with nukes to go after that alien skyscraper hovering over Boston. Hey, even the Mujahedin had Stingers.

I like the cast. One very pleasant surprise was the appearance of Colin Cunningham, one of my favorite villains from "Da Vinci's Inquest." I was so entertained by his version of an outlaw psycho that I was even willing to forgive the various plot manipulations that allowed him to remain among the living. In real life, poor Colin would have been hanging from the nearest lamp post by now, little lamented by his captors.

Another pleasant surprise was the appearance of Moon Bloodgood, who has to be the hottest A-10 pilot ever ("Terminator Salvation") and is very watchable as a post-Apocalyptic doctor. Hopefully she will continue to have a major role in the series.

One of my pet peeves is the appearance, yet again, of undisciplined and overly emotional teenagers (this seems to be an obligatory plot device in the "Earth vs. Aliens" genre). If it was up to me, every time they asked to run off and take on the aliens all by themselves, I would say "Go right ahead!", and pray that they all got killed off as quickly as possible. I understand that "Falling Skies" has to appeal to the teenage demographic, but couldn't the current crop of teen warriors at least be endowed with a little more common sense? After all, they did survive the virtual extermination of the human race. You might think that would have taught them something. Finally, one intriguing comment, made by Colin, I believe, is a question as to why the skitters have six legs but the mechs only have two. This raises the interesting possibility that maybe the skitters are not the master race, but that there might be some other group of aliens out there in charge of things. I certainly hope so. Negotiating with skitters can only be done through the barrel of a gun, or perhaps a big can of Raid. On balance, although the show definitely has room to improve, it's good enough to keep watching, and I very much hope it will be successful.
  41. Jun 29, 2011
    The pilot launch of Falling Skies (containing the first two actual episodes) is not even close to being innovative or especially original. But it does pack two solid hours of entertainment and adventure into its post-apocalyptic alien invasion storyline. The cast is mostly effective and effort is clearly being made to give these characters depth without focusing too much on mysteries andThe pilot launch of Falling Skies (containing the first two actual episodes) is not even close to being innovative or especially original. But it does pack two solid hours of entertainment and adventure into its post-apocalyptic alien invasion storyline. The cast is mostly effective and effort is clearly being made to give these characters depth without focusing too much on mysteries and plot devices. It's not the best thing on TV, but it's worth watching. Score: 8/10

UPDATE: The third episode of Falling Skies continues with the same quality of the pilot. It's solid if not spectacular. The show hasn't done anything to turn off viewers that liked the pilot but it will need to crank out some twists and turns to keep the momentum going. Score: 8/10
  42. Jul 6, 2011
    Forgot to score it. This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Was hoping for more, but will probably watch it anyway. (Spoilers follow) What's good: So far, Noah Wyle. What's not good: The aliens are lame and boring. The "skitters" or "skidders" look like "Yoda." The "mechs" stomp around like giant metal chickens with weaponry borrowed from "Predator," but take forever to aimForgot to score it. This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Was hoping for more, but will probably watch it anyway. (Spoilers follow) What's good: So far, Noah Wyle. What's not good: The aliens are lame and boring. The "skitters" or "skidders" look like "Yoda." The "mechs" stomp around like giant metal chickens with weaponry borrowed from "Predator," but take forever to aim and still can't seem to hit their targets (a lot like Star Wars). (If an organism has technology advanced enough to travel to Earth it should have more advanced weaponry don't you think?). The team goes on a dangerous mission to an armory to get weapons and they take along a kid who puts the whole team in jeopardy when he goes running in direct sight of a "mech" to save his puppy. Should have been shot. The kid not the puppy. And then the father sees his son who has been turned into an alien zombie automatons and again puts everyone in jeopardy by yelling and screaming for him knowing that the bad guys will hear him and come a running. In general, most of the characters are stupid. And, yes, as someone else mentioned, the girl who is always preaching about god is very annoying. And the "skidders" sleeping like vampire bats under the overpass was really stupid too. The came all the way from another solar system. Don't you think they would find a nice hotel room to hang around in instead? Expand
  43. Jul 31, 2011
    The reason this show is so disappointing is because it's a hybrid of Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead, but not nearly as good as either. The pace is way to slow. The characters make idiotic decisions to keep the story going. The show has wasted way too many episodes on the story arc of getting their kids back, being stupid enough to lose them, and then have to rescue themThe reason this show is so disappointing is because it's a hybrid of Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead, but not nearly as good as either. The pace is way to slow. The characters make idiotic decisions to keep the story going. The show has wasted way too many episodes on the story arc of getting their kids back, being stupid enough to lose them, and then have to rescue them again. At least it has taken the place of V, another horrible attempt of a Sci-Fi show. Expand
  44. Aug 11, 2011
    I admit I've only seen a few episodes but already I can see this series should have been much better than it is. Straightaway I see what the problems are. The pilot starts off with the humans making a frantic effort to secure supplies. It's dark. There are mechs shooting them, aliens kidnapping them, but somehow some of the humans get back to their base. However the hero doesn't seemI admit I've only seen a few episodes but already I can see this series should have been much better than it is. Straightaway I see what the problems are. The pilot starts off with the humans making a frantic effort to secure supplies. It's dark. There are mechs shooting them, aliens kidnapping them, but somehow some of the humans get back to their base. However the hero doesn't seem phased by what should have been a traumatising experience. He brings back some food and someone makes a joke about the price of tuna. The base they are in seems very relaxed when in reality they should all be anxious, stressed and depressed. For a more realistic and believable view of how people would behave in situations like this look at the original terminator film or the more recent walking dead. Expand
  45. Jul 9, 2013
    This show is absolutely the most immature and pathetic sci fi show I have ever seen. It makes sponge bob squarepants look like an intellectual leviathan alien, it's just so feeble. It's like a sci-fi version of the 1960s batman series, but without any of the laughs.
  46. Jun 19, 2011
    cloying. saccharin. clumsy, unoriginal dialogue, and too much of it. too little excitement, energy. the world is ending and it feels like nothing is happening. expects us to care about this group of people before we are ready, before we even know them. the opening with the little kids talking -- doesn't sound like real kid dialogue and sounds a lot like exposition. the father -soncloying. saccharin. clumsy, unoriginal dialogue, and too much of it. too little excitement, energy. the world is ending and it feels like nothing is happening. expects us to care about this group of people before we are ready, before we even know them. the opening with the little kids talking -- doesn't sound like real kid dialogue and sounds a lot like exposition. the father -son discussions are annoying. Expand
  47. Jun 20, 2011
    I hadn't realized it was done by Spielberg until i started writing this. Doesn't look like he has moved on much from ET. I was trying to stay with it , in the hope it may be get better, but when the kid runs after a dog i had to turn it off. Its nonsense stuff. Its boring and it has the suspense of melting ice.
  48. Jul 21, 2011
    If you're a fan of Sci-Fi, I highly recommend this show. Great special effects, enough mystery to keep you coming back for more, and the show is well-cast with very good acting. The pacing of the show is perfect; unlike with the rush-job of season two of Stargate Universe, the relationships between characters is given time to develop into something meaningful, and the action sequencesIf you're a fan of Sci-Fi, I highly recommend this show. Great special effects, enough mystery to keep you coming back for more, and the show is well-cast with very good acting. The pacing of the show is perfect; unlike with the rush-job of season two of Stargate Universe, the relationships between characters is given time to develop into something meaningful, and the action sequences are set far enough apart to keep the show away from being just about fighting aliens and make it much more of a post-apocalyptic drama, which is what it should be.

The designs of the aliens is original, so you wont feel like you're watching the TV version of Aliens, or Battle: LA. Apart from the "mechs" and "harnesses" put on the children, most of the alien technology has yet to be revealed, which as I stated before gives the show a certain mystery that keeps you coming back from more. The giant alien "bases" build over all the major cities (which you know will eventually be infiltrated by the resistance) is a perfect example of the show giving you a glimpse of something that you really want to know more about, but pulling back to tease you and build suspense.

While some of the plot may be predictable (how many shows these days are any different?), the majority of the story is highly original and the writers have taken this show in a very original direction for a show about an alien invasion. Also, you feel very involved in the "resistance" and it's goals, which I have to give props to the writers for pulling off. At the beginning of the show the humans are very ignorant of how to deal with the aliens. Killing them is hard, missions go wrong, and fighting the "mechs" is straight-up suicide. Slowly though they learn more and more about the invaders and what they're doing, and more importantly how to kill them. Well, at least how to deal with the "skitters"; the "mechs" are still best avoided at all costs, unless you enjoy getting fragged. I'm sure as the show progresses though, the "mechs" will get theirs. Hopefully. The show has such smart writing that things could go very wrong for the "resistance" and the civilians they are protecting and there would still be a great show to watch.

By the way, from the start you get a feeling of the developing animosity between the "fighters" and civilians. Just another plot point that could turn things very interesting in future episodes.

I really hope that more people will give this show a chance and as far as this site goes, give it the scores and reviews it deserves. With the cancellation of SGU there is a serious lack of good Sci-Fi on TV right now and I hope Falling Skies' popularity and ratings remain high enough so that it's renewed for additional seasons in the future. The potential of this show is huge, and with good writing, producing, and consideration of fan input, this show could be a classic.
  49. Jul 31, 2011
    personally, this is one of the shows i wait all week for. i find the action and suspense great and i like not knowing what to expect. i feel that with aliens, anything can happen.
  50. Aug 3, 2011
    I have to say I love this series. I think the acting is fine, the story good and the presentation polished enough for TV. it's not the Walking Dead but it's entertaining and I can't wait to see the finale and season two.
  51. Jul 18, 2011
    Great show, well paced. It took a couple episodes for this series to really grab hold, but now after the first 5 I am hooked. There are 1 or 2 characters that I feel may have been mis-cast but the majority are spot on. Do yourself a favor and watch a few episodes, if it doesn't suck you in, no harm no foul. Speaking for myself, once an episode ends, I immediately want the next to start.Great show, well paced. It took a couple episodes for this series to really grab hold, but now after the first 5 I am hooked. There are 1 or 2 characters that I feel may have been mis-cast but the majority are spot on. Do yourself a favor and watch a few episodes, if it doesn't suck you in, no harm no foul. Speaking for myself, once an episode ends, I immediately want the next to start. Watching the pilot I wasn't sure if they could get me to care about Tom and his children, they succeeded.

I love sci-fi but hate the stereotypical cheese that so often accompanies it. I am very thankful cheese isn't on the menu for Falling Skies. I'll take a good sci-fi drama any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Hope you enjoy this show as much as I do.
  52. Jun 19, 2011
    Interesting concept sunk by cliche after cliche. After 2 hours of cliched dialouge and character 'development' I couldn't stand it anymore. The only thing impressive about this show is the production values, and even then only some of the CGI shots look good. In the first 30 minutes we see a huge group of humans traveling slowly, in daytime, and in a town. What the hell? Why aren't theyInteresting concept sunk by cliche after cliche. After 2 hours of cliched dialouge and character 'development' I couldn't stand it anymore. The only thing impressive about this show is the production values, and even then only some of the CGI shots look good. In the first 30 minutes we see a huge group of humans traveling slowly, in daytime, and in a town. What the hell? Why aren't they being attacked by the 'hundreds' of aircraft that the aliens have in their mothership which is only several miles away? Look, I'm not one to nitpick but how am I supposed to be scared of aliens that can't find hundreds of people in the middle of the day? And they have aircraft for crying out loud! The characters don't seem like they're taking the whole thing seriously. Everyone is acting like this whole alien invasion thing is just an inconvenience as they spout off 'witty' one-liners and cliched emotional dialouge that we've all heard before. The lead actor is the only person who seems like he's trying to deliver his lines with any amount of emotion. The child characters feel shoe-horned in and are mostly annoying. To be fair, it's only the first episode. But it'll take some serious effort for this show to find it's footing and get better. Compared to all the gold that's on TV right now, this show is a serious letdown. Expand
  53. Jul 3, 2011
    Decent show, but that one girl that has to talk about god in every conversation is pretty annoying. No problem with her being religious, it just makes the show feel pretty preachy.
  54. Jun 22, 2011
    Awful, primitive, disappointing! Such a glamorous end of civilization. "Exhausted" survivors just lost their friends, siblings, homes, are flirting and.. acting like its some weekend trip just with guns. Their stupidity will cost many lifes.. so what?! I would say more, but show just not worth it. And critics are happy as always)) "Great show", "Wooow".. Pffffff..
  55. Aug 1, 2011
    Great show with an AMAZING cast. If you want simple aliens blowing everything up then this is not the show for you. But if you want a complex plot, plenty of twists and you don't mind a few cliches now and then, then I highly recommend this show. Stick with it for a couple of episodes as the plot starts off strong and can be confusing at times. With a second season already ordered theGreat show with an AMAZING cast. If you want simple aliens blowing everything up then this is not the show for you. But if you want a complex plot, plenty of twists and you don't mind a few cliches now and then, then I highly recommend this show. Stick with it for a couple of episodes as the plot starts off strong and can be confusing at times. With a second season already ordered the future looks bright for Falling Skies. Expand
  56. Aug 29, 2011
    Everyone in my family enjoyed this show. It was not great but it was entertaining. We were always left wondering what was going to happen in the next episode. I would recommend it
  57. Jun 20, 2011
    Time is the most important thing we have. It's worth more than money, worth more than fame, worth more than status or position. I write this review so that you might save some of your precious time by not watching the show Falling Skies. I was unable to feel even a small shred of sympathy toward these characters. You know that feeling you get when you are watching a TV show and you forgetTime is the most important thing we have. It's worth more than money, worth more than fame, worth more than status or position. I write this review so that you might save some of your precious time by not watching the show Falling Skies. I was unable to feel even a small shred of sympathy toward these characters. You know that feeling you get when you are watching a TV show and you forget its a TV show because you are so into it..? This will not be an experience like that, you wont spend any time being immersed in the character's plight, hoping for small miracles, and generally caring how things turn out. You are so reminded that this is a poorly made TV show that you begin to wish the aliens finish them off because if this is a cross section of what is left of humanity, wow, humanity is really in trouble. Someone else here mentions about the kid running after the dog...yes, I too felt a tinge of 'why'...no wait.. it was more like 'why me?' and 'I knew this was never going to get any better!!' Any review that seems to sway you toward a favorable opinion of this fiasco must be taken note of so you can ensure that you never listen to that critic again. I ranked it low, but not the lowest as I did chuckle once during an exchange between Noah and the A-Team fella...something about " you dont need to agree with me you just need to listen!" or something like that. His response was fast, and witty, and I grinned. Anyway, that is in no way a redemption statement. Expand
  58. Jun 22, 2011
    I don't know if network types read these reviews, but I hope so. Plugging in a ZERO for this one because somewhere in the 2 hour presentation there was supposedly a show about an alien apocalypse but I'm not sure because there was a commercial every 5 minutes. They even showed this thing again, immediately after it ended in a half hour shorter time block, so 1.5 hours, with fewerI don't know if network types read these reviews, but I hope so. Plugging in a ZERO for this one because somewhere in the 2 hour presentation there was supposedly a show about an alien apocalypse but I'm not sure because there was a commercial every 5 minutes. They even showed this thing again, immediately after it ended in a half hour shorter time block, so 1.5 hours, with fewer commercials. Seriously, were they broadcasting a new show here or a new way to get people to watch ads? What there was of the show was boring, poorly acted and unoriginal. Pass next week and pass on the network the next time they pop this many ads into a show. I'm not interested in 2 hours of ads. Expand
  59. Jun 25, 2011
    Very, very generic, cliche'd and they even have stereo typical black guys. So white folk can feel good that black people having been included! Yay! There's also 1 Asian, yay! Beside the racial quota filling in generic ethnic roles that Caucasian's aren't allowed to portray.. It's all family **** and not what I expected.. I hope the aliens win. The Walking Dead is 110% more realisticallyVery, very generic, cliche'd and they even have stereo typical black guys. So white folk can feel good that black people having been included! Yay! There's also 1 Asian, yay! Beside the racial quota filling in generic ethnic roles that Caucasian's aren't allowed to portray.. It's all family **** and not what I expected.. I hope the aliens win. The Walking Dead is 110% more realistically written. Which was what I was hoping for... An alien invasion version of The Walking Dead. I felt like I needed to strap a bow tie to my hair, put on a pink dress and suck a lollipop by the end of this show. Here's the math... Generic+Stereo typing+Idiocy+Family+Family Dog+Aliens+Ugly people all dead+Doc Carter= Falling Skies.. Sesame Street is more hardcore.

I was really looking forward to this show.. For people that want a less sillier review... I'll grant you one.
    This series is aimed towards a family audience and when you do that.. There are about 50% of scenarios and language that you cannot use. Realism cannot be successfully portrayed here.
    The characters are generic and nobody is outstanding. The acting is ok but clearly everybody seems to have graduated from day time TV acting school. Even Will Patton is average and this guy was great. Noah Wyle is just Noah Wyle.. the rest you can take it or leave it..
    Judging from the pilot, I doubt we will see much alien activity as the show will aim towards the usual "we are the our own worst enemy" type of story.... To save on budget I guess. I agree we are our worst enemy but it would be nice to see something different. Just about everything on this show is too predictable and clumsy. Top it up with average writing and acting, then Falling Skies will not last long at all.

I'll watch it all though due to fact it's still going to better than all the cop shows, hospital and law dramas out there. Though if it doesn't improve I will have to abandon it. It's not looking good because the pilot is where most most of the money is spent and where some of the best stuff is written before they run out of steam.
  60. Jun 28, 2011
    Three episodes in: Treacle upon ill-considered premise upon ill-advised plot maneuvers all wrapped up in a heap of sci-fi and post-apocalypse cliches and barely shimmering fx. This show makes Walking Dead look real good even if it isn't.
  61. Aug 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a really cool show. At first I didn't think it was gonna be too good, but I saw it was executive produced by Steven Spielberg and started watching it. And I loved it. It's a really cool look at another way aliens could invade earth. Not with all that destruction and stuff. I enjoy it either way but its a good break off of the disaster alien invasion stuff. It really shows how a bunch of refugees can survive against an enemy of a whole different world by working together and good strategy. This show is a really cool interesting and extremely entertaining to watch and i watch it every week. Awesome show and I highly recommend it. Expand
  62. Aug 9, 2011
    Hey Haters the idea aliens invade earth is not Original But ALMOST EXACTLY everything Else is 100% Original and I dont like the fact that the kid started off talking but it told us what had just happened, I think this is my Top 10 Tv Shows and or Movies included to Ever! Open up the kid part is one part, At the end it gets you to really watch the next episode because It leaves u like "WhatHey Haters the idea aliens invade earth is not Original But ALMOST EXACTLY everything Else is 100% Original and I dont like the fact that the kid started off talking but it told us what had just happened, I think this is my Top 10 Tv Shows and or Movies included to Ever! Open up the kid part is one part, At the end it gets you to really watch the next episode because It leaves u like "What the **** thats how it ends comeon Tell us what happened!" but thats how it gets u hooked Expand
  63. Aug 16, 2011
    Every time there was a shoot out I just wanted to see blood and guts and have it so much grittier, its trying to be a family friendly Walking Dead and that can not happen, the characters never feel in danger, the kids annoy me, they start it off really bad and there is never any true back story to some characters. Also it feels like more time has been spent on the aliens than the humansEvery time there was a shoot out I just wanted to see blood and guts and have it so much grittier, its trying to be a family friendly Walking Dead and that can not happen, the characters never feel in danger, the kids annoy me, they start it off really bad and there is never any true back story to some characters. Also it feels like more time has been spent on the aliens than the humans although most shows like this do just think of the aliens as a crap generic enemy.But yet I still watch to see if there is a new trailer for the new Walking Dead series, because when this ends that is bound to start. Expand
  64. Jun 24, 2011
    Pretty good show. Not sure why everyone in here is hating it. 1's and 3's come on. Its not that bad. I thought it was pretty enjoyable to watch for a tv show, that isn't amc/hbo.
  65. Jun 27, 2011
    My new favorite show. And for all you people writing poor review, i guarantee its because you only watched the first episode..... I will admit the first episode was rather bland, but it got much better at the end and there was much more action. Just keep watching
  66. Aug 2, 2011
    This is a good show, I really enjoy it & I hope it lasts for many years to come. It's entertaining to say the least, acting is pretty good, and hey, it's got aliens.
  67. Jun 21, 2011
    An alien invasion is professionally realized in this show. A group of humans called the resistance survives by finding food and killing aliens. They meat other survivors on the way, some less friendly than others. The main character is a history teacher, so he finds relations to the alien war throughout history. This is definately worth watching.
  68. Jun 20, 2011
    I guess someone at Dreamworks and TNT weren't told that serialized Sci-Fi is toast. All they had to do was look at recent events: ABC's V reboot, cancelled. NBC's The Event, cancelled. FOX's Fringe.. lucky enough to live on, but the ratings are in free-fall. So TNT decides to premier (yet another) predictable aliens-invade-the-planet serialized show. Unlike the aforementioned shows, whoseI guess someone at Dreamworks and TNT weren't told that serialized Sci-Fi is toast. All they had to do was look at recent events: ABC's V reboot, cancelled. NBC's The Event, cancelled. FOX's Fringe.. lucky enough to live on, but the ratings are in free-fall. So TNT decides to premier (yet another) predictable aliens-invade-the-planet serialized show. Unlike the aforementioned shows, whose premiers were strong and generated decent interest, this premier was cliche, tired, uninspired and completely predictable. No one but Noah Wylie seems to be interested in the plot of what they're trying to convey, the situations the "resistance" found themselves in were absolutely laughable, the scenes jump all over the place (hey, look, one commercial break and we're out of Massachusetts and in Ohio - with a massive invasion force around? really?) and the fighting sequences mundane. It's a sad statement when the human renegades seemed more villainous than the aliens trying to wipe humanity off the earth. I feel like we've been down this road several times before over the last three TV seasons, and none of them panned out - but at least most of the predecessors to this show had decent acting. This one just has an uninspired cast, Noah Wylie acting like, well Noah Wylie (really, this is the guy who went from ER to the Librarian, Indiana Jones ripoff movies), terrible effects and a terrible plot that's been done before RECENTLY. I can't say I'm even interested in future episodes as the series is going to predictably be about Noah's character trying to save his son (and, by proxy, the rest of the children) more than humanity resisting an invasion of supposed bad-arse aliens we almost never see. Expand
  69. Jun 19, 2011
    The show has its minor faults, but in the end delivers. There's action, suspense, and a few touching scenes that could've been better. I think more should be revealed about the past of the main character. The characters can sometimes seem lifeless, desperately wanting one thing but then showing complete patience 2 minutes later. For what this show is, it does a good job, hardly deservingThe show has its minor faults, but in the end delivers. There's action, suspense, and a few touching scenes that could've been better. I think more should be revealed about the past of the main character. The characters can sometimes seem lifeless, desperately wanting one thing but then showing complete patience 2 minutes later. For what this show is, it does a good job, hardly deserving all those exaggerated negative reviews. Expand
  70. Jun 20, 2011
    Watching this made me feel embarrassed. However, if you're under the age of 12 and have never watched television or seen a movie before, you might like this.
  71. Jun 20, 2011
    It's unfortunate for Falling Skies that The Walking Dead came out so recently. If not, we wouldn't have a worldwide calamity TV show to compare it to. And, unfortunately, The Walking Dead outdoes it in every feasible way, from characterization to action to (especially) dramatic depth, However, if there is room in your favor for a second TV apocalypse with people fighting against somethingIt's unfortunate for Falling Skies that The Walking Dead came out so recently. If not, we wouldn't have a worldwide calamity TV show to compare it to. And, unfortunately, The Walking Dead outdoes it in every feasible way, from characterization to action to (especially) dramatic depth, However, if there is room in your favor for a second TV apocalypse with people fighting against something supernatural for survival, Falling Skies is serviceable enough.

It's best not to get caught up in the hype. Falling Skies follows the Avatar line of ambition: "Our special effects are awesome which makes us more awesome than anyone else". As far as said special effects go...well, they're better than Battle L.A. We have to take into consideration that this is a tv show. Every laser and CG alien or robot is a much bigger moneysink than television usually incurs. Overall, they're better than the average crappy Syfy movie, but they're not as good as in an actual Hollywood Blockbuster.

The thing that makes Falling Skies really middling-to-good is the plot, which has this exact level of quality itself. The characters are decent. I got to like Tom enough. Other than that, though, the only character who stood out for me was the surprisingly well-acted Pope, who in the second half of the premiere stands out as an antagonist, yet there are hints of his becoming a contributing member of the group later on.

It seems like the main dramatic problems facing these survivors are "can we kill the aliens" and "look at how these children were robbed of their innocence". The first is delivered well enough, but can't make the show interesting on its own. The second, honestly, is delivered in such an obvious "this is sad" way that it seems exploitive. And I'm talking crayon pictures with child voice-overs exploitive. In fact, that's the first scene. I was never particularly moved by Falling Skies, and I only ever remained neutral to its attempts at moving me.

The action is fun enough, the situations are clever enough, and the dialogue does alternate pretty frequently between clever and clumsy. Falling Skies always remains entertaining, but I'm not particularly infatuated with it. Let's hope that it gets better as time goes on.
  72. Jun 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The premiere of the tv show "Falling Skies" drops us right in the middle of the story, set six months after the intial alien devastation has taken place with the remaining people left to fight and pick up the pieces. We are introduced to an army of resistance fighter's called the 2nd Mass since they are located in Boston, who are lead by Weaver (Will Patten) and Tom Mason (Noah Wyle). The story centers around Tom who's profession before the invasion was a military history professor, he's lost his wife and is left with three sons, the middle child Ben (Connor Jessup) who has been taken by what the army has deemed "skitters" (six legged aliens), an older son Hal (Drew Roy) who is fighting with him in the resistance, and his youngest son Matt (Maxim Knight) who hasn't quite adjusted to life in a post-apocalyptic atmosphere . There are two different types of aliens introduced in the premiere of the show the "skitters" and a roboticized two legged alien called a "mech" the latter of the two being the most difficult to kill.

The first episode revolves around the 2nd Mass searching for food and weapons, with future episodes focusing on the army trying to find a way to get the children back. The children that are taken by the aliens have a bug creature, a parasite the size of a small dog attached to their spinal cord that if removed by force seems to kill the host. What exactly the aliens plan on doing with the children isn't explained in the premiere and how to remove the creature without killing the person seems to be a mystery at the present moment that will be explained in later episodes.

After locating an armory filled with weapons Tom is sent by Weaver to recon on the area and see if it's a trap set by the aliens, it turns out to be a trap set by a group of rebels who intend on using the recon party as a negotiating tool to get a .50 caliber weapon from the 2nd Mass. This introduces us to the first bad guy in the series who goes by the name John Pope (Colin Cunningham) leader of a band of rebels, a criminal before the invasion who hasn't changed his stripes. Through the whole ordeal only one life is lost at the hands of Pope, who kills a fighter from the recon party. Pope's plan however back fires when one of his own betrays him and he's taken prisoner. From what can be seen from previews for future episodes we are supposed to suspend all logic and believe he's forgiven and given a position in the resistance army. That I believe will be a major plot hole unless covered correctly from the writer's.

Overall I'm going to give this show a grade of B-, a rating that can be improved or lowered with future episodes. The premiere lacked flow and cohesion which wasn't helped by the endless amount of commercials I had to sit through. I thought some good sub plots were developed between certain characters but would have liked to see more action. The potential for this show to be a hit is there, you have the executive producer in Steven Spielberg attached to this project along with the creator and main writer of the show Robert Rodat (Saving Private Ryan). I'm going to give the show a few more viewings and reevaluate my opinion then, and I suggest others who watched or plan to watch the show to do the same. Check out my newly launched blog at: www.logansmovieblog.blogspot.com
  73. Jun 20, 2011
    Those people who decide which show to make just donâ
  74. Aug 24, 2011
    the basic concept of the show is excellent the 1 problem with the show is that they arent really trying to stop the aliens just kind of avoiding them for way too many episodes
  75. Dec 1, 2011
    isso é uma lixo. nao recomendo nem para o meu pior inimigo! péssima, péssimo roteiro, péssimos atores. nao tem nada que salve e espero que nao tenha uma segunda temporada!
  76. Jan 30, 2013
    Fantastic show. I think they are spending money in the right places because the graphics, storyline, and character building are all of very high quality. With that said, I have just one recommendation for the writers, producers, etc. that I think would make Falling Skies even better than it is (if that's even possible). I would like to see a few episodes dedicated toward flashbacks toFantastic show. I think they are spending money in the right places because the graphics, storyline, and character building are all of very high quality. With that said, I have just one recommendation for the writers, producers, etc. that I think would make Falling Skies even better than it is (if that's even possible). I would like to see a few episodes dedicated toward flashbacks to the day the aliens arrived and the first few days, weeks that followed. I think well timed flashbacks have a place throughout the series indefinitely. I think this is a perfect place to show off the kind of chaos an alien invasion would create. It would only serve to further enhance our relationship with the characters as we could see first-hand some of the tough decisions they had to make in leaving loved ones behind, their homes, pets, money. I envision the process of flashing back much like the way LOST did it. When a character is in the midst of a particular conversation, after a pause on their face, the bright light overcomes the screen (much like when they showed us the flashbacks of Tom's time on the alien spaceship in season 2) and *POOF* we're back in the past. Expand
  77. Jun 19, 2011
    Good stuff! It's like The Walking Dead except with Aliens. This is a very good thing. It has equal the quality and production values as other quality mini series such as The Pacific and Band of Brothers and as I mentioned The Walking Dead. I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes.

Pay no attention to the haters. Just watch for yourself as you have no real need for reviews since it's on free TV.
  78. Jun 20, 2011
    Show has great atmosphere and pretty decent acting. The characters are far more likable than in any of the other gritty realism dramas that have come out this year (I'm looking at you walking dead). Not all of the dialogue is amazing, the interactions between the father and son are a bit cliche and unnatural, but the show overall is very good. Like all network television, it's not withoutShow has great atmosphere and pretty decent acting. The characters are far more likable than in any of the other gritty realism dramas that have come out this year (I'm looking at you walking dead). Not all of the dialogue is amazing, the interactions between the father and son are a bit cliche and unnatural, but the show overall is very good. Like all network television, it's not without its minor flaws, but those included, this is still one of the best shows I've seen this year. Definitely not deserving of a 1, hopefully this review will help to balance it out. Expand
  79. Jun 20, 2011
    This show is great. What a win. The second episode was the best. It was tense, surprising. Very happy with the end result. Special effects are very good and Wyle's acting is great. 5 stars!
  80. Jun 20, 2011
    To compare this show to Battlestar G or X Files is unconscionable. Bad: terrible dialogue, completely predictable plot, no emotions, no growth of characters, too many kids, no injuries, no bathrooms, no blood, stupid aliens, human interactions are not natural, on and on and on. Good: I recorded it so I could fast forward through the commercials and only wasted about and 1hr 25 min...
  81. Jun 20, 2011
    I can really get into why Falling Skies truly came up short in its premiere--I decided to just let it progress on its own slow decline in viewership. I truly was hoping for "more" considering Spielberg was tied to the series. The show did not present enough for me to be concerned for any of the survivors. The concept overall wasn't remotely logical. Predictable. Forgettable. Done
  82. Jul 2, 2011
    the last 'spielberg' sci fi show I watched (taken) was great, and I had hopes for this one. but I was disappointed almost instantly. the characters acting is really bad, and the special effects of the show are not better. the atmosphere is too nicely for the kind of situation those people are in. the people almost seem as if they are not afraid at all. There is no suspence, nothing gory.the last 'spielberg' sci fi show I watched (taken) was great, and I had hopes for this one. but I was disappointed almost instantly. the characters acting is really bad, and the special effects of the show are not better. the atmosphere is too nicely for the kind of situation those people are in. the people almost seem as if they are not afraid at all. There is no suspence, nothing gory. Quite boring all in all.
    UPDATE: well, after watching two more episodes, I change my rating from 3 to 0 points for this show.
  83. Jul 26, 2011
    This is a very run of mill post apocalyptic program. This is not a patch on Jericho or the waking dead. The characters are dull. The stories are generic to the max, and I don't care about any of the characters. I made it through 3.5 episodes before giving up.
  84. Aug 30, 2011
    The only thing bad about this show was that it was only 10 episodes long. The writing was fantastic, the actors top-par, and the effects were top of the line. This is what Syfy needs to look at when making a Science Fiction show. Hopefully they will extend next season to more than 10 episodes, as it was really too short.
  85. Oct 4, 2011
    Light years better than Speilbergs other 2011 televised attempt. Better paced, better acted, better written, better art direction and better effects. The characters have depth and Noah Wylie, Colin Cunningham and Will Patton are doing a mighty good job with their roles. The effects while not outstanding like one would hope from a Speilberg production (ie not as good as BSG from), they areLight years better than Speilbergs other 2011 televised attempt. Better paced, better acted, better written, better art direction and better effects. The characters have depth and Noah Wylie, Colin Cunningham and Will Patton are doing a mighty good job with their roles. The effects while not outstanding like one would hope from a Speilberg production (ie not as good as BSG from), they are still on par or better than most other shows today. The writing in comparison to Terra Nova is far deeper. Instead of throwing a bunch of wild ideas at the veiwer all at once, it takes it slow. Allowing viewers to aclimbatize to the situation slower, making it more meaningiful. A promising series and in comparison it shows that SPeilbergs trust lies more with this series than it does with the flaming wreckage that is Terra Nova. Expand
  86. Feb 8, 2012
    Brilliant. Love the show xant wait for blu ray release. wyle is briiiiiiliant in the lead...

Colin cunningham and will patton are great too......... This and Breaking Bad and Boardwalk and AHS are the best on TV!!!
  87. Apr 9, 2012
    Falling Skies is an epic series with a good story pace. It always leaving you wanting more while at the same time answers all the questions you had about the episode before it. It has aliens inhabiting Earth and taking over kids as slaves. While the characters are trying to survive without getting kilt and they're kids being controlled. It is one of my most favorite tv shows. Can't waitFalling Skies is an epic series with a good story pace. It always leaving you wanting more while at the same time answers all the questions you had about the episode before it. It has aliens inhabiting Earth and taking over kids as slaves. While the characters are trying to survive without getting kilt and they're kids being controlled. It is one of my most favorite tv shows. Can't wait for it to come back on in Summer of 2012! Expand
  88. May 31, 2012
    Falling Skies Falling Skies Falling Skies!!! I think this is one of the best new sci-fi epic series since Battlestar Gallactica graced the small screen. I almost feel wrong for enjoying the world of the 2ND Mass, a post apocalyptic land full of 6 legged aliens with their mysterious overlord bosses all being protected by some pretty serious military hardware. Yikes, just when it can'tFalling Skies Falling Skies Falling Skies!!! I think this is one of the best new sci-fi epic series since Battlestar Gallactica graced the small screen. I almost feel wrong for enjoying the world of the 2ND Mass, a post apocalyptic land full of 6 legged aliens with their mysterious overlord bosses all being protected by some pretty serious military hardware. Yikes, just when it can't any worse...we learn they are taking our children and subjecting them to some pretty serious genetic manipulation in attempts to increasing thier numbers. Good writing, good effects, good cast = good times. For those who expect the world because Spielberg is attached should relax and remember, this is a weekly serial and it seems that the aliens are vary much in control. So enjoy it for what it is. I know I am. Expand
  89. Jun 4, 2012
    FALLING SKIES is a great show. By the end, I was hooked. The show had some problems, but they were overshadowed by what the series excelled in, like Noah Wyle's brilliant acting and the great special effects.
  90. Jul 21, 2012
    Great show and i really loved this show don't pay no mind to all those with bad review probably never watched it since the start of the show. I would encourage everyone to watch it . This show is one of the best.
  91. Jun 14, 2013
    This show is surprisingly good. It is better than I expected. The show does keep me interested, and the overall concept, although done before, is played out well. The acting is good, and the show leaves few things unturned and pays attention to detail.
  92. Sep 2, 2013
    Aliens' weapons of conquer are boredom and dullness...
    Aliens' weapons of conquer are boredom and dullness...
    It is really unbeliveable how characters of this show are dumb. Really. The only reason why invaders haven't won yet is because they are even more stupid than humans! The plot is boring and has gap holes as big as the solar system, the characters always (yes, ALWAYS) act with brainless strategies and the only reason why they are still alive is because the so technological advanced aliens seem not to have a proper radar or heat sensor. (no really, how can a flying alien drone not notice a caravan just because it has a blanket on its engine? How can a bad-ass alien terminator not notice human presence 1 meter away?)
  93. Jul 25, 2012
    This first season of Falling Skies makes for interesting sci-fi TV moments. But Spielberg and crew don't ever quite find their footing until the show is several episodes in. Viewers: you'd be sorry to give up on the show only after a couple episodes. The real life of this show is only just beginning. It's one of the better shows to find on TV during the summer months, and the castThis first season of Falling Skies makes for interesting sci-fi TV moments. But Spielberg and crew don't ever quite find their footing until the show is several episodes in. Viewers: you'd be sorry to give up on the show only after a couple episodes. The real life of this show is only just beginning. It's one of the better shows to find on TV during the summer months, and the cast shows lots of promise. Expand
  94. Jun 4, 2012
    Love the show. TNT is full of crap and producing a serial drama series like this with Wyle in a lead role. SEASON 2 just around the corner. any problems look to be fixed with new showrunner
  95. Jul 22, 2012
    I anticipated Falling skies very much but was disappointed by the lame storytelling and the too obvious logical flaws there are. People are constantly struggling more with their relationship issues in dialogues as common as it can be and not driving the story itself. Battlestar or Lost performed a lot better in ways of interweaving plot lines and displaying everyday relationship issues inI anticipated Falling skies very much but was disappointed by the lame storytelling and the too obvious logical flaws there are. People are constantly struggling more with their relationship issues in dialogues as common as it can be and not driving the story itself. Battlestar or Lost performed a lot better in ways of interweaving plot lines and displaying everyday relationship issues in the wake not as the main-topic in an interesting setting. Sad, very sad. But perhaps the second season will get better. Expand
  96. Aug 10, 2012
    This was a TV Science Fiction show. The characters are good, the cast of a show looked okay also sound effects doesn't sound familiar. Rating: 8/10
  97. Aug 15, 2012
    I cant believe I actually tormented myself to view the whole season.
    After the first 2 episode I thought... Nothing special, but might still pick up!
    But it didnt. It was bland the whole season. Even the most action and suspense packed scenes made me yawn. This is Spielberg quality? Thats sad, because the story is boring, because it has been there hundreds of times before, the
    I cant believe I actually tormented myself to view the whole season.

This is Spielberg quality? Thats sad, because the story is boring, because it has been there hundreds of times before, the characters all are boring too hell and so are the dialogues.

Anyway, I wont watch the second season. I seriously cant understand how this crap is even getting a second season while good series like Stargate Universe, Enterprise, Altlantis, SCC, or Firefly got axed so soon.
  98. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Falling Skies season 1 has serious pacing issues. The characters in the show never evolve beyond their storyboard framework. The show's character development feels forced and unfulfilling. The shame is that there is so little scifi on television these days that fans of the genre are reduced to enduring a show like this. Minor spoilers here,****, but elements of the humans fight against the aliens makes me have to switch off my brain because it's so unbelievable. It's in the same vein as the movie Signs. Aliens capable of traveling millions of light years through space and landing on another planet understand so little about basic science concepts like radio frequencies. All that being said, the show has room to improve and it was picked up for a second season. With any luck, the characters will be more fleshed out and the acting feel less rigid. I don't blame the actors either because it's obviously the material they are working with. Expand
  99. Nov 20, 2012
    It seemed from the first episode that all this show was is more empty hype and wasn't good. As soon as you hit the 6th or 7th epsiode it completely changes and gets you hooked. Stay with it. It might be a bit too Spielberg-y at first but the writing and great cast make up for it. It will surprise you!
  100. Dec 12, 2012
    While I did try to like this show, I just found it boring. Very little original in it as it borrows from countless sci-fi, horror and/or survival movies/shows that have come before it. Colin Cunningham's character is perhaps this shows only saving grace, being perhaps the only character with some depth and development. Overall: A really faceless show that just does not deliver based onWhile I did try to like this show, I just found it boring. Very little original in it as it borrows from countless sci-fi, horror and/or survival movies/shows that have come before it. Colin Cunningham's character is perhaps this shows only saving grace, being perhaps the only character with some depth and development. Overall: A really faceless show that just does not deliver based on what it is. A miss. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    Falling Skies, although competently directed, acted and sometimes written, goes off on more than a few tangents and paint-by-numbers subplots of the genre. It's best when it sticks to the main thread, and that's the battle for survival and to learn what the six-legged freaks are doing with the children.
  2. Reviewed by: Jonathan Storm
    Jun 20, 2011
    Falling Skies generates its own excitement, very much worth the ride, like Lost and Jericho, to watch characters develop as they struggle under confusing and life-threatening circumstances.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 20, 2011
    The characters lack the depth of those in smarter, premium cable dramas like "The Walking Dead," but they do show some growth as the series goes on. What Falling Skies does best is create a sense of the struggle for survival.