• Network: TNT
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 19, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
6.2

1. Jul 18, 2011
    Great show, well paced. It took a couple episodes for this series to really grab hold, but now after the first 5 I am hooked. There are 1 or 2 characters that I feel may have been mis-cast but the majority are spot on. Do yourself a favor and watch a few episodes, if it doesn't suck you in, no harm no foul. Speaking for myself, once an episode ends, I immediately want the next to start. Watching the pilot I wasn't sure if they could get me to care about Tom and his children, they succeeded.

I love sci-fi but hate the stereotypical cheese that so often accompanies it. I am very thankful cheese isn't on the menu for Falling Skies. I'll take a good sci-fi drama any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Hope you enjoy this show as much as I do.
  2. Jun 19, 2011
    Good stuff! It's like The Walking Dead except with Aliens. This is a very good thing. It has equal the quality and production values as other quality mini series such as The Pacific and Band of Brothers and as I mentioned The Walking Dead. I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes.

Pay no attention to the haters. Just watch for yourself as you have no real need for reviews since it's
    on free TV. Expand
  3. Jun 21, 2011
    An alien invasion is professionally realized in this show. A group of humans called the resistance survives by finding food and killing aliens. They meat other survivors on the way, some less friendly than others. The main character is a history teacher, so he finds relations to the alien war throughout history. This is definately worth watching.
  4. Jun 24, 2011
    Pretty good show. Not sure why everyone in here is hating it. 1's and 3's come on. Its not that bad. I thought it was pretty enjoyable to watch for a tv show, that isn't amc/hbo.
  5. Jun 27, 2011
    My new favorite show. And for all you people writing poor review, i guarantee its because you only watched the first episode..... I will admit the first episode was rather bland, but it got much better at the end and there was much more action. Just keep watching
  6. Jul 31, 2011
    personally, this is one of the shows i wait all week for. i find the action and suspense great and i like not knowing what to expect. i feel that with aliens, anything can happen.
  7. Aug 3, 2011
    I have to say I love this series. I think the acting is fine, the story good and the presentation polished enough for TV. it's not the Walking Dead but it's entertaining and I can't wait to see the finale and season two.
  8. Jun 20, 2011
    Show has great atmosphere and pretty decent acting. The characters are far more likable than in any of the other gritty realism dramas that have come out this year (I'm looking at you walking dead). Not all of the dialogue is amazing, the interactions between the father and son are a bit cliche and unnatural, but the show overall is very good. Like all network television, it's not without its minor flaws, but those included, this is still one of the best shows I've seen this year. Definitely not deserving of a 1, hopefully this review will help to balance it out. Expand
  9. Aug 1, 2011
    Great show with an AMAZING cast. If you want simple aliens blowing everything up then this is not the show for you. But if you want a complex plot, plenty of twists and you don't mind a few cliches now and then, then I highly recommend this show. Stick with it for a couple of episodes as the plot starts off strong and can be confusing at times. With a second season already ordered the future looks bright for Falling Skies. Expand
  10. Aug 2, 2011
    This is a good show, I really enjoy it & I hope it lasts for many years to come. It's entertaining to say the least, acting is pretty good, and hey, it's got aliens.
  11. Jun 19, 2011
    The show has its minor faults, but in the end delivers. There's action, suspense, and a few touching scenes that could've been better. I think more should be revealed about the past of the main character. The characters can sometimes seem lifeless, desperately wanting one thing but then showing complete patience 2 minutes later. For what this show is, it does a good job, hardly deserving all those exaggerated negative reviews. Expand
  12. Jun 20, 2011
    Watching this made me feel embarrassed. However, if you're under the age of 12 and have never watched television or seen a movie before, you might like this.
  13. Jun 20, 2011
    This show is great. What a win. The second episode was the best. It was tense, surprising. Very happy with the end result. Special effects are very good and Wyle's acting is great. 5 stars!
  14. Jun 28, 2011
    Three episodes in: Treacle upon ill-considered premise upon ill-advised plot maneuvers all wrapped up in a heap of sci-fi and post-apocalypse cliches and barely shimmering fx. This show makes Walking Dead look real good even if it isn't.
  15. Aug 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a really cool show. At first I didn't think it was gonna be too good, but I saw it was executive produced by Steven Spielberg and started watching it. And I loved it. It's a really cool look at another way aliens could invade earth. Not with all that destruction and stuff. I enjoy it either way but its a good break off of the disaster alien invasion stuff. It really shows how a bunch of refugees can survive against an enemy of a whole different world by working together and good strategy. This show is a really cool interesting and extremely entertaining to watch and i watch it every week. Awesome show and I highly recommend it. Expand
  16. Aug 9, 2011
    Hey Haters the idea aliens invade earth is not Original But ALMOST EXACTLY everything Else is 100% Original and I dont like the fact that the kid started off talking but it told us what had just happened, I think this is my Top 10 Tv Shows and or Movies included to Ever! Open up the kid part is one part, At the end it gets you to really watch the next episode because It leaves u like "What the **** thats how it ends comeon Tell us what happened!" but thats how it gets u hooked Expand
  17. Aug 24, 2011
    the basic concept of the show is excellent the 1 problem with the show is that they arent really trying to stop the aliens just kind of avoiding them for way too many episodes
  18. Aug 20, 2012
    The show has had a great plot so far. The action is intensifying as the story continues to progress. It's one of the best TV shows out there that I've seen so far. It's been an interesting ride, and I can't wait until Season 3. Unfortunately, I can't stand waiting a whole year to watch another season of 10 episodes. All in all, it is definitely an awesome show.
  19. Jan 30, 2013
    Fantastic show. I think they are spending money in the right places because the graphics, storyline, and character building are all of very high quality. With that said, I have just one recommendation for the writers, producers, etc. that I think would make Falling Skies even better than it is (if that's even possible). I would like to see a few episodes dedicated toward flashbacks to the day the aliens arrived and the first few days, weeks that followed. I think well timed flashbacks have a place throughout the series indefinitely. I think this is a perfect place to show off the kind of chaos an alien invasion would create. It would only serve to further enhance our relationship with the characters as we could see first-hand some of the tough decisions they had to make in leaving loved ones behind, their homes, pets, money. I envision the process of flashing back much like the way LOST did it. When a character is in the midst of a particular conversation, after a pause on their face, the bright light overcomes the screen (much like when they showed us the flashbacks of Tom's time on the alien spaceship in season 2) and *POOF* we're back in the past. Expand
  20. Aug 30, 2011
    The only thing bad about this show was that it was only 10 episodes long. The writing was fantastic, the actors top-par, and the effects were top of the line. This is what Syfy needs to look at when making a Science Fiction show. Hopefully they will extend next season to more than 10 episodes, as it was really too short.
  21. Feb 8, 2012
    Brilliant. Love the show xant wait for blu ray release. wyle is briiiiiiliant in the lead...

Colin cunningham and will patton are great too......... This and Breaking Bad and Boardwalk and AHS are the best on TV!!!
  22. Apr 9, 2012
    Falling Skies is an epic series with a good story pace. It always leaving you wanting more while at the same time answers all the questions you had about the episode before it. It has aliens inhabiting Earth and taking over kids as slaves. While the characters are trying to survive without getting kilt and they're kids being controlled. It is one of my most favorite tv shows. Can't wait for it to come back on in Summer of 2012! Expand
  23. May 31, 2012
    Falling Skies Falling Skies Falling Skies!!! I think this is one of the best new sci-fi epic series since Battlestar Gallactica graced the small screen. I almost feel wrong for enjoying the world of the 2ND Mass, a post apocalyptic land full of 6 legged aliens with their mysterious overlord bosses all being protected by some pretty serious military hardware. Yikes, just when it can't any worse...we learn they are taking our children and subjecting them to some pretty serious genetic manipulation in attempts to increasing thier numbers. Good writing, good effects, good cast = good times. For those who expect the world because Spielberg is attached should relax and remember, this is a weekly serial and it seems that the aliens are vary much in control. So enjoy it for what it is. I know I am. Expand
  24. Jun 4, 2012
    FALLING SKIES is a great show. By the end, I was hooked. The show had some problems, but they were overshadowed by what the series excelled in, like Noah Wyle's brilliant acting and the great special effects.
  25. Jun 4, 2012
    Love the show. TNT is full of crap and producing a serial drama series like this with Wyle in a lead role. SEASON 2 just around the corner. any problems look to be fixed with new showrunner
  26. Jul 21, 2012
    Great show and i really loved this show don't pay no mind to all those with bad review probably never watched it since the start of the show. I would encourage everyone to watch it . This show is one of the best.
  27. Nov 20, 2012
    It seemed from the first episode that all this show was is more empty hype and wasn't good. As soon as you hit the 6th or 7th epsiode it completely changes and gets you hooked. Stay with it. It might be a bit too Spielberg-y at first but the writing and great cast make up for it. It will surprise you!
  28. Jun 14, 2013
    This show is surprisingly good. It is better than I expected. The show does keep me interested, and the overall concept, although done before, is played out well. The acting is good, and the show leaves few things unturned and pays attention to detail.
  29. Jun 17, 2013
    I've been speed-watching this with my family. We started watching the show about three weeks ago, and finally caught up to real-time for the premiere of the third season. It's a great yet simple plot that allows for the series to focus on small events and ideas that are bits and pieces of the overall alien invasion story. Instead of a global focus the viewer's focus is on a single American militia that is more civilian than military. People are stepping up in the fight, but real world and family-level problems are very present.

The movie suffers, in a sense from have such good writing and acting that one naturally compares it to its peers which due to its caliber is only met by movies or the greatest of TV shows. Here the special effects not always shine. This is easy to forgive and pretty easy to overlook most of the time.

The characters and relationships are what really keeps things together in my opinion. There are so many of each, but it doesn't feel like too much. It feels like what one would expect in this fantastic scenario. It feels as real as you can get in a science fiction storyline such as this.
  30. Sep 7, 2013
    Excellent show, it beats the walking dead hands down. I love the setting of aliens attacking and the actors in this show are amazing. I think its a 10/10
  31. Jan 16, 2014
    This show is awesome! It is superbly paced, intensely active, suspenseful and eerie, and visually exciting. Falling Skies is a superior sci-fi TV show.
  32. Apr 20, 2014
    yeah, I think this series are great
    - the story is interesting
    - the crew are good
    - the plot too
    so., in the end.. Falling Skies rules!!!
    i'm just waiting for the next season and it's taking too long

1. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Aug 1, 2011
    Falling Skies, although competently directed, acted and sometimes written, goes off on more than a few tangents and paint-by-numbers subplots of the genre. It's best when it sticks to the main thread, and that's the battle for survival and to learn what the six-legged freaks are doing with the children.
  2. Reviewed by: Jonathan Storm
    Jun 20, 2011
    Falling Skies generates its own excitement, very much worth the ride, like Lost and Jericho, to watch characters develop as they struggle under confusing and life-threatening circumstances.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Jun 20, 2011
    The characters lack the depth of those in smarter, premium cable dramas like "The Walking Dead," but they do show some growth as the series goes on. What Falling Skies does best is create a sense of the struggle for survival.