Family Guy : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 31, 1999
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
7.4

1. Sep 22, 2010
    Family guy is extremely funny and I especially enjoyed Blue Harvest and Something Something Something Darkside. However, I feel as if Meg and Chris don't do anything except say a few things. Still extremely funny and I hope there is a Family Guy Movie.
  2. Nov 17, 2010
    Honestly, this has to be one of the easiest reviews ever. The show is hilarious almost every single episode. The newer episodes I like more of course since the drawing and coloring of the characters and scenes has gotten better, but i still watch season 1 up till the present episodes. Love the show.
  3. Apr 15, 2011
    Now I LOVE Family Guy! I think it's a fantastic show with clever humor, and it seems to rarely ever disappoint it's viewers, plus the characters gave enough reason for viewers to view the show, such as Stewie for instance or Brian, or EVEN Peter....

However Since the show got uncancelled from it's second cancellation back in 2002(it got revived in 2005!), the show hasn't been the

However

Since the show got uncancelled from it's second cancellation back in 2002(it got revived in 2005!), the show hasn't been the same! I admit, Season 4 got alot of what made the original first three seasons tick right, as did Season 5, but I think in Season 7, that's where they drew the line! All the Family Guy staff seem to do these days is see how many F words they can fit into the script and how many offensive jokes and mean-spirited aspects they can fit into the show, which is just completely stupid, because that's not what Family Guy is supposed to be about! See, I enjoyed the first three seasons because whilst they were funny, they actually had a point and the characters were much more likeable back in those days, but ever since the show got uncancelled, they have been building up to completely changing the characters, for example: Peter, once the loveable oaf despite screwing up, tried to be the best dad he could be, and really looked out and cared for his family is now this overly-stupid/retarded dad who only really cares about himself and does nothing but rip on his daughter, Meg and pretty much ignores Chris and just doesn't give a crap about Stewie anymore. Lois, once the mother who did what she felt was right for herself, the kids and Peter, now more or less acts like a slut! Especially where Brian is concerned, she tends to moan alot these days and just laughs at him, and I dunno, but I just feel as if she's changed alot, and quite frankly, I miss the old Lois. Chris, once the happy-go-lucky dimwitted 13 year old who looked up to Peter, is now this constantly pissed off son who's mostly angry due to the fact that Peter never spends any time with him, and plus he seems more of a smart-ass these days and even appears to be a little intelligent. Meg, hasn't changed that much, probably the only likeable character on the show(and coincidentally, EVERYONE rips on her!), along with Joe. Stewie, once a baby who was actually an evil genius bent on world domination, is now more or less just there for gay jokes and acting awkwardly random(I have NO problem with the fact that he's gay! But he acts more feminine and more of a softy than the old Stewie did!). Brian, once the smartest member of the family, now despite still being sort of a likeable character, is just there to be ripped on just because of his beliefs(which are the same as Seth's). Quagmire, once the pervert with a good heart, is now a hypocrite who's bent on ripping on Brian every chance he gets and what's worse is they're trying to make that rivalry as unfixable as possible(and the fact that Cheryl Tiegs was the girl that got away, I mean, what the hell?!). Basically, what was once a great show with smart humor is now just this South Park-wannabe with constant swearing, sex jokes, offensive jokes, jokes that run on too long and mean-spirited characters and that to me, is what put me off! What happened to Family Guy?! You can do better than this and when the show got uncancelled, this is definitely not what the fans want! Make them like they originally were like "Wasted Talent" and make Stewie alot more evil than he is now and bring back the characters the way they once were!
  4. Apr 28, 2011
    Along with Psych and South Park, this is also one of my 3 favorite shows of all time. Do yourself a favor, and watch this tv show and BE YOUR OWN CRITIC.

Ignore all the other idiots and people that think they are so "mature" because they lack any sense of humor and dislike this show. Watch the tv show with an UNBIASED view, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
  5. Jul 5, 2011
    This is, in my opinion, hands down the greatest animated comedy ever. Nothing even comes close to touching it. All of the characters are great and the plots are very clever
  6. Nov 27, 2011
    This is probably one of the greatest T.V shows I have ever seen. It is funny and raises important issues in a comedic way. You definitely don't understand the way they show their messages if all you can say is "stupid jokes". Wonderful, funny, smart show. A change from the rather usual cheap shows out there.
  7. Dec 14, 2011
    This show is outstanding. just following the simpsons a little behind, this tv show is the yellow brick road to making you smile. There jokes are funny, creative and will always put a smile on my face. Overall I give Family Guy 10!
  8. May 29, 2012
    Still Next To The Simpsons The Most Funny Show Of All Time!
    Amazing Show! The Voice's Are Amazing. Family Guy Dares To Amaze!
  9. Aug 15, 2012
    very funny immature for some people though though i think it is really funny with dysfunctional familles and very creative stories and crazy stories as well
  10. Sep 1, 2012
    This show kept me entertained at night, morning, anytime!
    For those who say its too retarted, well, its THAT that is funny these days
    Is it racist? NO! they are jokes!
    I love this show and I hope it goes on and on
  11. Sep 2, 2012
    Family Guy is the BEST Tv show ever and is so funny the jokes are very clever and some of them have to make you think some people who dont like it dont like it because of the hard to understand jokes
  12. Jan 31, 2013
    I just love Family Guy series :) All the random jokes makes it so enjoyable, never can be known what will happen next :D Family Guy just hits the right spots with it's jokes.
  13. Mar 23, 2013
    Honestly, this is quite obvious. One of the best shows ever, at least MUCH better than the cheesy and campy Simpsons. I'm pretty sure many people who don't like this probably NEVER watched this and is an idiot. With funny jokes and some of the best humor in the history of Television. But honestly, I like the new episodes MUCH better than the old ones. So if you want to see this, go on, getHonestly, this is quite obvious. One of the best shows ever, at least MUCH better than the cheesy and campy Simpsons. I'm pretty sure many people who don't like this probably NEVER watched this and is an idiot. With funny jokes and some of the best humor in the history of Television. But honestly, I like the new episodes MUCH better than the old ones. So if you want to see this, go on, get a DVD pack of this and pop that special fossil of a DVD in the DVD player. You will laugh! Expand
  14. Mar 23, 2013
    Probably The Most Funny Show On T.V. As Of Now!
  15. Jan 9, 2014
    HILARIOUS! Every single episode is just so entertaining and funny. The characters are all unique and the parodies are to die for. This is one of the best animated comedy shows EVER MADE I loves this so much and I hope you will too!
  16. Jan 23, 2014
    I just absolutely love Family Guy. All of the characters has there own unique personality. My favorite character is Stewie. None of the episodes really have a plot. They're just really random and all of the jokes never get old. If you're a fan of comedy, then defiantly check out Family Guy. You won't be disappointed.
  17. Sep 26, 2014
    " Seth Macfarlane is a comic genius ".....................................................................................................................................................................
  18. Sep 1, 2014
    Family Guy is probably the best cartoon show i have ever watched.Characters are stupid and the humour is childish but the show is like that and that's why I like it.
  19. Jul 2, 2014
    Hilarious in every episode, no character is bland, excellent animation, and a personality that will last forever, Family Guy is a twisted adult cartoon that never leaves you laughing till you piss. The perfect TV show, PERIOD!
  20. Nov 8, 2014
    Family Guy Season 1 it's a great beginning of the best TV Show ever.With the TV series "The Simpsons,Family Guy is the best series of all time.Great stories,great characters and great design.An epic animation adventure.
  21. Feb 14, 2015
    I love Family Guy! It is one of my favorite shows! The only thing that is not so good about it is how inappropriate it can be! I am only allowed to watch seasons 1 and 2, the PG rated episodes and the Family Guy Star Wars. It is a very good show! I love it! If Seth is listening, please make some more episodes that are funny, but PG!
  22. Sep 8, 2016
    Family guy rocks. It's way better than most of the others shows in the late 1990s. So freakin sweet and hilarious. The show is very smart and perfect.
  23. Jun 13, 2017
    I was nine when I started to watch this show and I just loved it. It's one of my absolute favorite shows of ALL TIME. It maybe similar to The Simpsons but it doesn't mean it's a rip off. The characters are lovable and funny, Peter and Brian are my favorite characters. The humor is funny although it can be little bit offensive at times, the stories are brilliant and the voice actingI was nine when I started to watch this show and I just loved it. It's one of my absolute favorite shows of ALL TIME. It maybe similar to The Simpsons but it doesn't mean it's a rip off. The characters are lovable and funny, Peter and Brian are my favorite characters. The humor is funny although it can be little bit offensive at times, the stories are brilliant and the voice acting from Seth MacFarlane and the rest of the cast is well done. Sure Family Guy did go a little down hill in recent years but I still enjoy this show very much and I'll continue to watch this show until the very end. Expand
  24. Oct 29, 2016
    With cut-a-way gags, stereotypes, hilarious characters, an evil monkey, a talking dog, and a talking baby, Family Guy is definitely the best animated comedy on television.
  25. Dec 19, 2016
    Family Guy is a funny series.With incredible stories and funny characters.In the begin,Family Guy isn't a sucess,now,compared with The Simpsons,this series is extraordinary.
  26. Apr 11, 2011
    Although insanely offensive and immature it does not fail to disappoint.

The voices are done very well and are very creative and writing of the show can sometimes be pathetic but most of the time it delivers well.
  27. Jul 16, 2011
    Funniest show I have ever watched, only downside is that it could be offensive to some people, have all seasons on dvd !
  28. Oct 11, 2011
    Great show! Who cares if most of the people on the show are idiots? It is funny! This show is very hilarious and has many different kinds of humor on it for almost everyone to enjoy. I highly recommend it.
  29. Nov 6, 2011
    Family Guy is one of the funniest shows on television. The Griffins are a funny family and many of the supporting characters help make it funny too. Peter Griffin is the father with a chin that looks like balls. Stewie Griffin is the evil baby who wants to kill Lois Griffin (Stewie's mother) and take over the world. Brian is the talking alcaholic dog who is the real "Family Guy" of theFamily Guy is one of the funniest shows on television. The Griffins are a funny family and many of the supporting characters help make it funny too. Peter Griffin is the father with a chin that looks like balls. Stewie Griffin is the evil baby who wants to kill Lois Griffin (Stewie's mother) and take over the world. Brian is the talking alcaholic dog who is the real "Family Guy" of the family. Nonstop parody of pop culture is extremely common in the series and while it is very funny, it takes a lot of screen time off of the main characters. Expand
  30. Aug 3, 2013
    funny as crap way better than American dad and isprobably the second funniest show on tv next to the simpsons all and all this tv show pwns and is something everyone over the age of 9 will enjoy
  31. Nov 26, 2013
    This is probably the funniest show I've ever seen. I would have given the show a 10, but due to Brian getting killed off, I gave this show a 9. That is my only negative comment here.
  32. Oct 19, 2016
    Since it’s humble beginning in 1999, Family Guy has been impacting the T.V. meta and putting smiles on the faces of audiences. It’s non-stop pop culture references, slapstick humor, and shockingly hilarious cut-aways have grown the show into a modern entertainment behemoth, rivaling the tenure of even The Simpsons. An exaggerated cast of characters, some brilliant buffoonery, and even aSince it’s humble beginning in 1999, Family Guy has been impacting the T.V. meta and putting smiles on the faces of audiences. It’s non-stop pop culture references, slapstick humor, and shockingly hilarious cut-aways have grown the show into a modern entertainment behemoth, rivaling the tenure of even The Simpsons. An exaggerated cast of characters, some brilliant buffoonery, and even a little emotion here and there make Family Guy excel within the animated comedy archetype.
    Family Guy follows the ludicrous trials and tribulations of the Griffin family, whose lives are infected with a plague of impossible adventures and wisecracking one-liners. The group consists of six acutely defined characters: Peter-an overweight father with an endearing lack of intelligence. He’s espoused to Lois, the embodiment of the American housewife stereotype. The eldest of the children is Meg, an 18-year-old who is alienated and abused by society. Then there’s Chris, who takes after his father in size and his sister in popularity. His brother, the youngest of the family, is Stewie- a hyper-intelligent 1-year-old bent on world domination. And last but not least, there’s Brian, the family dog who’s failed writing career has driven him into a downward spiral of alcoholism and remorse.
    But despite the extensivity of those few characters, they remain just that: few. The Griffin family is just the core group; there are loads of other entertaining personalities introduced throughout Family Guy, which makes the show more intriguing and attractive as it’s lifetime grows longer. In addition to that, the smattering of characters pairs nicely with other aspects of the show by making situations enjoyable that would otherwise be mundane without stellar character personality.
    Another defining attribute, which I’ve found to be unique to Family Guy, is that it presents the viewer with the ability to relate to the show by creating surprisingly specific scenarios that people experience within their lives. Numerous are the times that I find myself watching, and in my head think, “Hey, that’s happened to me before!, ” or, “I can’t believe how accurate that was!” It’s situations like those that really able the viewer to engage themselves in Family Guy, which is something I’ve never really experienced with any other show.
    However, one of the show’s biggest downfalls is a big part of what makes it so successful: it’s edgy sense of humor, or as some pessimists may tell you, it’s TV-MA rating. Many of Family Guy’s puns, pranks, and parodies teeter dangerously on the proverbial balance beams of sexism, racism, and violence. I’m warning you now: this program is not for the faint of heart. Despite the show’s numerous Emmys, Teen Choice Awards, and even a Grammy nomination, it is and will forever remain one of those things you’ll either hate or love depending on personal preference, like blue cheese or ocean cruises.
    All in all, Seth Macfarlane(the creator of Family Guy)and Co. have done a stunning job of creating a show that, while not for everyone, still succeeds in making most laugh and grin with each new episode. Here’s hoping Family Guy continues to do what it does best: make an American pop culture phenomenon out of a not-so-phenomenal family.
  33. Mar 29, 2017
    Acting: 7.3
    Premise: Stupid, But I'll give it a 5.
    Content In Genre: 7
    Entertainment: 9.7
    Interest: 8.9/10.
    9/10.
  34. Sep 1, 2010
    Seth McFarlane's Family Guy has become one of most successful rising comedies in recent years, aided with a contrasting set of characters both funny and boring. Matricidal evil baby Stewie, liberal pet dog Brian and perverted neighbour Glen Quagmire are the stronger characters. However, Meg and Chris Griffin often offer nothing to the plot and Peter Griffin is a like-for-like copy of HomerSeth McFarlane's Family Guy has become one of most successful rising comedies in recent years, aided with a contrasting set of characters both funny and boring. Matricidal evil baby Stewie, liberal pet dog Brian and perverted neighbour Glen Quagmire are the stronger characters. However, Meg and Chris Griffin often offer nothing to the plot and Peter Griffin is a like-for-like copy of Homer Simpson. In my opinion most the episodes are funny, but the cut-away gags are hit-and-miss and some of the joke relies on obscure references. Overall, whilst the show is funny, it is no stalwart of the genre. Expand
  35. Sep 2, 2010
    Its a pretty good Show, It makes me smile. I could watch the re-runs all day long lol. It does lose a couple points because Its not really that funny, its really all inside humor, Id laugh out load at it every once in a while but its very rare but the comedy is still very Rich. The Comedy is very Hit & Miss to the point that when I do laugh it kinda shocks me. This kind of comedy is reallyIts a pretty good Show, It makes me smile. I could watch the re-runs all day long lol. It does lose a couple points because Its not really that funny, its really all inside humor, Id laugh out load at it every once in a while but its very rare but the comedy is still very Rich. The Comedy is very Hit & Miss to the point that when I do laugh it kinda shocks me. This kind of comedy is really fitting with America's overall taste in humor. I do love how Outrageous, Stupid & Slightly unpredictable, & clever it is. The relationships with the Great Characters are really what make the show Spontaneous & worth the watch, not necessarily the jokes itself. This show is full of life, 8 stars. Expand
  36. Nov 3, 2010
    Rating this at the peak of Family Guy which I think personally was Series 4 and 5 (English versions). The first seasons were sort of more dry, with their humour, then I'd say Seasons 4 and 5 introduced a bit more random slapstick for value. Basically anyone is a target, no race, type of person, genre or anything untouched, equal opportunities offense lol.

I can't help but feel though,

I can't help but feel though, its turned into a parody of itself and its insisting on itself. A bit like the Simpsons really in that respect.

Seasons 1-3 I'd give 7 or 8 out of 10
    4 and 5 8 for some episodes 8.5 out of 10
    6 I'd give 7
    then after that its just gotten weaker sadly.
  37. Feb 4, 2011
    The show is so funny. One of the best animated comedies.
  38. Sep 10, 2011
    Genre Content: 8
    Appeal: 8
    Originality: 6
    Interest: 8 Score: 7.9/10 = B+

THE GOOD: Amazing characters, hilarious, cut-away gags
    THE BAD: Weak story lines
  39. Mar 24, 2013
    Although sometimes pushing the envelope a bit too far, Family Guy is a great example of an animated sitcom depicting a dysfunctional family, similar to The Simpsons.
  40. Sep 7, 2013
    A great show which features likeable characters, jokes for mature and immature people and, more recently, great quality artwork. WIth new jokes appearing all the time as well as recurring gags that never get old. It's the only show that can make pedophile likeable, and a bisexual 1 year old murderer funny. They're not afraid to push the limits, and take risks that really pay off. The cutA great show which features likeable characters, jokes for mature and immature people and, more recently, great quality artwork. WIth new jokes appearing all the time as well as recurring gags that never get old. It's the only show that can make pedophile likeable, and a bisexual 1 year old murderer funny. They're not afraid to push the limits, and take risks that really pay off. The cut away gags are what make family guy, the bit that always makes you laugh and comes in so many forms. If your easily offended, avoid this show, if not, you'll be in tears!

Plots-8
    Animation quality-9
    Jokes-8
    Rudeness-8
    Charectors-9
  41. Feb 1, 2014
    Well i really like this show, and many of you probably can tell by my user name, it obvious, but they need to make better effort in the movies that they make from the show, kind of like "the simpsons" did. I don`t really see big different`s between the show and "Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" its kind of like stewie and brian episode
  42. Jul 27, 2014
    Family guy rocks. I haven't seen too much of the show, but I see a few episodes airing on tv every now and then, and I also recently started watching the season 7 dvd boxset. Truly great show, much better than the Simpsons or Futurama.
  43. Sep 9, 2015
    Family Guy may seem like a flat out rip-off of "The Simpsons", but it is in fact almost as good. It has great humour and good characters, the best being Stewy, the evil one-year-old. Just a point below the greatness of "The Simpsons"!
  44. Sep 9, 2015
    My god, this show's hilarious. I literally find myself in tears of laughter by the end of an episode, usually caused by Stewie the evil baby. Seth MacFarlane's voices are comedic gold and his characters are delightfully quirky. WARNING: not for the easily offended
  45. Feb 1, 2011
    Family Guy is politically incorrect and wrong in so many ways, but clever and funny. The thing about "clever and funny" is that you need to re-invent yourself every so often. Family guy seems to be using the same gags and storylines. One good thing.....it's been a while since Peter had an idiotic and tiring fight with the "Chicken". Something refreshing might be doing a show within aFamily Guy is politically incorrect and wrong in so many ways, but clever and funny. The thing about "clever and funny" is that you need to re-invent yourself every so often. Family guy seems to be using the same gags and storylines. One good thing.....it's been a while since Peter had an idiotic and tiring fight with the "Chicken". Something refreshing might be doing a show within a show parody of itself. Hmmmm. Expand
  46. Dec 12, 2013
    The first season has really funny moments, but the season is way too short. Peter and the rest of the gang are great and the voice acting is superb. Overall Score= 75/100
  47. May 21, 2014
    Ok, this tv show was very funny when it first came out, but now, it's not as good. There are some really good episodes like 'Road to the Multiverse', 'Road to the North Pole' and 'Stewie Goes for A Drive', but episodes like 'Patriot Games' and 'Road to Germany' just go over the top with violence, bad language and racism. If you are heavily worshipping any of the main religions, you willOk, this tv show was very funny when it first came out, but now, it's not as good. There are some really good episodes like 'Road to the Multiverse', 'Road to the North Pole' and 'Stewie Goes for A Drive', but episodes like 'Patriot Games' and 'Road to Germany' just go over the top with violence, bad language and racism. If you are heavily worshipping any of the main religions, you will find this show very offensive. Peter is a character who is married to Lois and they have their kids Meg, who keeps constantly getting hated by her family, and Chris. They also have a baby called Stewie, who, 15 years ago, wanted to dominate the world. Now, Stewie just shows off and makes rude jokes, and also goes on adventures with Brian, the family's English-talking dog. Stewie is still incredibly funny, though. Brian, my favourite character, is an English-talking dog who likes to drink alcohol, smoke, and take drugs. Brian was recently killed and then brought back to life. When he died,I felt so sad, but was liking the show again once they brought him back. So, Family Guy is a funny show, that is 7/10 quality now, but was 10/10 quality from 1999- 2001. Expand
  48. Apr 24, 2014
    Getting old. Brian dates humans and hates everything he isn't into.. Stewie wants to take over the world.. Peter and Lois are horrible parents more into their own lives then the doings of their children... Yea needs new material or better writers.. now when they killed off Brian and brought in the new dog; that livened things up... then you went right back to the same old show you haveGetting old. Brian dates humans and hates everything he isn't into.. Stewie wants to take over the world.. Peter and Lois are horrible parents more into their own lives then the doings of their children... Yea needs new material or better writers.. now when they killed off Brian and brought in the new dog; that livened things up... then you went right back to the same old show you have been doing since episode 1 Expand
  49. Nov 10, 2016
    With 15 seasons in total I am just going to leave an overall review here. This comedy is pretty good the characters are brilliant but storylines are too weak and compared to the juggernaut that is The Simpsons it was always going to struggle but Family Guy gave it there best shot and did well.
  50. Jul 21, 2016
    Once the year 2010 hit for the series the tv show went downhill badly. But 1999-2009 was the great years were the good years for the tv series. Sure, some episodes were bad but compared to now the the present episodes has more bad episodes.
  51. Sep 15, 2016
    It's good in small doses for the laughs, but isn't a great show to watch consecutively. As others have mentioned, it will start to seem repetitive if you're paying close attention and there isn't any sort of connection between episodes. It's hard to say there's a best season; it's been consistently hit or miss each episode, though I think the recent seasons have been aiming for the lowestIt's good in small doses for the laughs, but isn't a great show to watch consecutively. As others have mentioned, it will start to seem repetitive if you're paying close attention and there isn't any sort of connection between episodes. It's hard to say there's a best season; it's been consistently hit or miss each episode, though I think the recent seasons have been aiming for the lowest common denominator among viewers. It makes for a decent prime-time re-run syndication show that you stumble upon when flicking through channels, but not the type of show you'll want to own on DVD and watch through nor do I think many people go out of their way to catch new episodes. Expand

1. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Jul 10, 2013
    Does it work? Mostly, but only if you can handle what is now commonly called "edge." [29 Jan 1999]
  2. Boston Herald
    Reviewed by: Monica Collins
    Jul 10, 2013
    Sunday's premiere episode is one of the most cleverly outrageous half-hours of TV I've seen in a while. [28 Jan 1999]
  3. Chicago Sun-Times