Family Matters : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 1989
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
7.2

1. Sep 3, 2010
    Family Matters is a great show. Jaleel White was simply hilarious as Steve Urkel,embarrassing Laura Winslow and driving Carl Winslow nuts. I hope it comes out on DVD at some point.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Family Matter's was a great show. It always put a smile on my face when I started watching. And not to mention the facepalms I gave myself when Urkel fell clumsily over and knocked things over and practically destroying whatever in his path and then the cheesy line "Did I do that?" really made the awesome impression.
  3. Feb 20, 2016
    First season was acceptable because of all the corny moments but jokes and storylines went more and more downhill and show became for the most part... well uninteresting. A few good Episodes here and there but overall started lacking on quality.
    Growing pains was kinda the opposite, started of with 1-2 not so great seasons but then became very excellent with growing number.

1. St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    Reviewed by: Eric Mink
    Aug 16, 2013
    Family Matters has assembled one of the most broadly appealing casts seen in recent years. Reginald VelJohnson, who played the sympathetic cop in the movie "Die Hard," is almost irresistible as a character. And yet the show's concept is so familiar that Family Matters will have to struggle to be fresh, to avoid going over old ground, to give its characters texture and definition. The potential for some excellent comedy is certainly here. [18 Sept 1989, p.1D]
  2. USA Today
    Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Aug 16, 2013
    A homogenous Cosby Show clone with no distinguishable character...It's inoffensive and sometimes affectionate, as when the clan pulls together in the second episode after Harriette loses her job. It might play, then, on ABC's benign made-for-baby-sitters Friday lineup.[21 Sept 1989, p.3D]
  3. San Diego Union-Tribune
    Reviewed by: Joe Stein
    Aug 16, 2013
    Family Matters is a spinoff from "Perfect Strangers," but not nearly as good. [22 Sept 1989, p.C-16]