• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: May 12, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.2

1. Jul 4, 2013
    The actors are great and expectations are high, but it's not funny at all. Other reviewers defend or 'explain' that it's not the show's fault, it's you, by insinuating that only those with astute and fine tuned minds for such unique humor will appreciate the nil laughs. I expected something along the lines of The Office or at least totally sarcastic and absurd, because of the the genre but that is not the case at all. Nothing much happens, and you don't particularly sympathize with anyone. Everybody is so fake nice on the show case in point how is the monkey puppet thing funny? The money 'character' insults everyone, and everyone just deals with it and takes it in stride! After watching the excellent, superb (plus many more compliments) Moone Boy I wanted so much more for Chris O'Dowd. Moone Boy is ACTUALLY funny. Expand
  2. Jul 2, 2013
    Hilarious show! Amazing cast.
    It's not your typical sitcom with silly laugh tracks, which means that a lot people won't get the subtleties. Christopher Guest is a comedy genius!
  3. Jun 15, 2013
    This show has so many quietly outrageous moments I just can't stop laughing. I look forward to it each week. I think I like Monkey the most who wouldn't? What's really funny is the family is really that strange when you stop and think about it not compared with my family and probably most other families as well.
  4. May 12, 2013
    I agree with Tim Goodman completely quirky and hilarious. I'm looking forward to seeing the characters develop. It's a nice addition to HBO's Sunday night lineup.

1. Reviewed by: Jace Lacob
    May 30, 2013
    The television mockumentary format may be reaching oversaturation. But for Family Tree, the result is nonetheless appealing, what I like to call "tea-cozy television"--nothing too precious or too taxing, but comforting to watch all the same.
  2. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    May 29, 2013
    This is a very quirky, specific world that could repel the very people who might love it. It's a slow go but if you're not in a hurry, it might be worth dropping by.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Landweber
    May 13, 2013
    If the plot is thin, the show does offer other pleasures, including the actors’ improv skills, revealed in subtle and hilarious flashes of genius.