• Network: FX
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 15, 2014
  • Season #: 1
9.0

1. Apr 16, 2014
    We've been talking about this for years now, but it's a sad state of affairs when the first episode of a TV season is better than 90% of all movies released in a given year. This is truly superb stuff. Brilliant casting, serious as a heart attack, and yet has the light comedic touches of the film. They certainly didn't waste any time getting into the nasty bits.
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    After Breaking Bad came to an end I thought it would be a long wait before TV dished up something as captivating. I was wrong.

Although it's too early to say for sure, on the strength of the first episode I think this could be a hell of a ride. Here's hoping.
  3. Apr 16, 2014
    That was probably one of the best pilots I've ever seen. Even with the weight of expectations based on the success of the film, the creators reinvented the series while keeping the tone of flavor for that part of the country. Billy Bob is an inspired choice. I can't believe they covered as much ground as they did in the very first episode. Reminds me of the final half season ofThat was probably one of the best pilots I've ever seen. Even with the weight of expectations based on the success of the film, the creators reinvented the series while keeping the tone of flavor for that part of the country. Billy Bob is an inspired choice. I can't believe they covered as much ground as they did in the very first episode. Reminds me of the final half season of Breaking Bad. No messing around. I can't wait to watch the rest of this series. Expand
  4. Apr 16, 2014
    Although very different from the movie, this show looks and feels the same. It still captures that dark, comedic tone of the original and tells a new story heavily influenced by the film. Everything in Fargo just makes sense. I love it.
  5. Apr 16, 2014
    Thoroughly enjoyed the pilot episode and look forward to more of the same. Fine casting/acting and excellent script. I was born and raised in MN and spent half of my adult life there. The accent and syntax that was first introduced in the movie, Fargo, as "Minnesotan" is pretty close to the mark, though there's some understandable exaggeration to make the point. The accent is sometimesThoroughly enjoyed the pilot episode and look forward to more of the same. Fine casting/acting and excellent script. I was born and raised in MN and spent half of my adult life there. The accent and syntax that was first introduced in the movie, Fargo, as "Minnesotan" is pretty close to the mark, though there's some understandable exaggeration to make the point. The accent is sometimes described as "Minne-wegian," a combination of Minnesotan and Norwegian. I first heard it so labeled in describing Sarah Palin's accent. It's also worth noting that it's heard mostly in rural areas. One rarely hears anyone talk like that in the Twin Cities, though we Minneapolitans used to throw in a "ya, shure, you betcha" now and then just for the fun of it. Expand
  6. Apr 16, 2014
    There is something quietly magical about watching FX's Fargo. Despite sharing so many qualities with the 1996 film – the frivolous, ubiquitous small talk; the washed-out sets and arctic blue exteriors; the ironically cinematic score (which works even better on television); the facetious, heavily accented overuses of "oh yeah," "well heck," and "aw jeez" – this FX original is not Fargo. TheThere is something quietly magical about watching FX's Fargo. Despite sharing so many qualities with the 1996 film – the frivolous, ubiquitous small talk; the washed-out sets and arctic blue exteriors; the ironically cinematic score (which works even better on television); the facetious, heavily accented overuses of "oh yeah," "well heck," and "aw jeez" – this FX original is not Fargo. The characters have been tweaked, reimagined, and shifted to match a more dynamic, open-ended storyline. The infuriatingly clueless and eternally weak Lundegaard is replaced with a more willful and self-aware Nygaard. Comfortable, stable Marge Gunderson becomes aspiring, youthful Molly Solverson. But most significantly, the dysfunctional kidnapper duo is trashed in favor of a drifting assassin, the instigating and innately cynical Lorne Malvo. The inclusion of these different characters provides for a unique dynamic not found in the original.
    And yet, this new series manages to emulate the witty and unmistakably signature charm that made the original such a cult hit. 1996 Fargo's appeal was rooted in its unprecedented mix of dark comedy, tragedy, and heroism. Although the FX series doesn't line up perfectly with its muse (nor does it try to), it still succeeds in capturing its situational hilarity, absurd gravity, and profound melancholy through its impressive writing, mindful directing, and laudable acting. Alison Tolman plays her part stunningly, but the best performances come equally from Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman, who could not have been cast any more perfectly. So although FX's Fargo is not entirely Fargo, it's heart and skin is Fargo through and through, and that's what matters the most.

FINAL SCORE: 92.5 (almost perfect -----o--------------- perfect)
  7. Apr 16, 2014
    Its really great. Like the movie it has that dark comedic undertone all the while keeping serious. The writing is superb, the acting is also very good due to the casting choices being spot on. I love this show and cannot wait to see more of it.
  8. Apr 17, 2014
    Holy cow is this show wretched bad, some of these 10s must be show staffers. My wife got up and left the room after 20 mins, while I plowed through to the bitter end. I heard from my dad the next day, who said he made it to the 3rd commercial break. I'm from MN, but spent 15 years on the E.Coast, and am back in MN now. So I have both the perspective of being a local, as well as havingHoly cow is this show wretched bad, some of these 10s must be show staffers. My wife got up and left the room after 20 mins, while I plowed through to the bitter end. I heard from my dad the next day, who said he made it to the 3rd commercial break. I'm from MN, but spent 15 years on the E.Coast, and am back in MN now. So I have both the perspective of being a local, as well as having lived elsewhere and been privy to how others view us. The movie DID capture something about MN. When a beloved local theatre guy played the local sweeping the snow off his driveway, it was idiotic that the director forced him to use a broom (we don't sweep snow, we shovel it), but the dialogue ("kinda different") and accent were spot on. Marge too. Not so with this show, it's crap. The purported MN accents are bizarre and lame, all the "heck", "darn" & "uff da" (uff da, really???) dialogue is cheap & superficial. Saying things passive-aggressively and being non-committal, that's how Minnesotans talk. Fargo the TV show misses the mark completely, such a let down from a great movie. Expand
  9. May 14, 2014
    Wow. After Breaking Bad ended, I was looking for a great new show to fill that void, but I was doubtful I could find one. Fargo has filled that void. The amazing casting alone makes this show a success. A lot of the "mainstream" networks (NBC, ABC, CBS, TNT) fill their shows with actors who are bland "model types" - people who are just boring to watch. It's refreshing to find a showWow. After Breaking Bad ended, I was looking for a great new show to fill that void, but I was doubtful I could find one. Fargo has filled that void. The amazing casting alone makes this show a success. A lot of the "mainstream" networks (NBC, ABC, CBS, TNT) fill their shows with actors who are bland "model types" - people who are just boring to watch. It's refreshing to find a show that casts interesting actors who aren't just cookie-cutter Ken and Barbie clones. The writing is great, but the interesting and likable actors really take this show to another level. It's great when you can tell the casting director wasn't trying to just fill all the roles with "hot people", but rather trying to find people who were charismatic and believable in their roles. Expand
  10. Jun 18, 2014
    Truly some of the best T.V I have ever witnessed! If you're a fan of the original movie then you should give this a watch, quite possibly better than the movie and that's a damn good movie! I won't say much but I will say [practically everything about it it great. Fargo is must watch T.V No need to do a stand-out episode for this one, they're pretty much all great!
  11. Apr 21, 2014
    I haven't actually seen the original movie, but for a pilot episode, it looks like this show has some serious potential. Billy Bob nailed his character, and the show juggles comedy + crime + action + drama delicately. Looking forward for next episodes.
  12. May 5, 2014
    Maybe the best pilot yet. Totally enjoyable from beginning to end. I'm not Billy Bob's biggest fan but he was perfect in this part. If you don't enjoy this show you better stick to The Kids Network or something like The View.
  13. Apr 23, 2014
    What a miserable attempt at revisiting the charm and filmmaking skill of the movie Fargo. Don't waste a minute of your life on this. It's so awful in so many ways that I'm shocked the Coen bros. were a part of this.
  14. Apr 21, 2014
    After watching the pilot episode, I find it hard to believe that they will make the rest of the season as consistently good as the first episode. It is probably the best pilot episode ever made. But if somehow they manage this, it will be a triumph!
  15. May 21, 2014
    Sat through two episodes before giving up on this series. The characters had zero appeal and it seems to be making fun of Minnesota natives by stereotyping them, instead a making them believable. Not worth it.
  16. May 28, 2014
    fantastic incredible unbelievably brilliant show with top class acting and script. this is the best show i have seen .the story is said to be true but i find it hard to believe, even so the story is told so well and the script is so humorous that the entertainment value is immence.love it!!!
  17. Apr 19, 2014
    It is the great character actors that make this such a great pilot. Everyone from Martin Freeman (so great as "Watson") to Billy Bob are spot on. Funny, scary, disgusting, and so much more describes this version of Fargo. The broadcast stations just do not produce anything near as good as the shows we find on the cable stations. Fargo can join with Breaking Bad, Justified, The WalkingIt is the great character actors that make this such a great pilot. Everyone from Martin Freeman (so great as "Watson") to Billy Bob are spot on. Funny, scary, disgusting, and so much more describes this version of Fargo. The broadcast stations just do not produce anything near as good as the shows we find on the cable stations. Fargo can join with Breaking Bad, Justified, The Walking Dead, and others in the pantheon of television programs. Expand
  18. Apr 23, 2014
    I've been looking for a 'new show', I've watched TONS of highly rated, pilots and early episodes, but this, this is THAT show! Some shows just have "that magic".
  19. Apr 18, 2014
    One episode in and wow. What a promising introduction. From the first musical note of the title scene to the last second of the end credits...enthralling. (So far) It's careful, quiet and suspenseful all while being pushed through a heavily darkened ambiance of cool-handed murder. And Billy Bob is bad as f*ck. Dope material right here. I even laughed out loud a couple of times.
  20. Jun 27, 2014
    A chilling dark comedy that is a stroke of genius. Noah Hawley has created something very special with Fargo, based in the same universe as the 90s classic. Billy Bob Thornton is excellent in this almost perfect show, as is Martin Freeman, Allison Tolman, Jokey King and Collin Hanks. 9.710 for Fargo.
  21. May 3, 2014
    Писати рев'ю суржиком на англомовному сайті? Вмію, практикую, як то кажуть. Сезон тільки розпочався, але сюжет захоплює з перших хвилин пілота. Каст теж вражаючий: мені достатньо Біллі Боб Торнтона та Мартіна Фрімена, але й Кіт Керредін, Колін Хенкс з Декстера та Боб Оденкірк з ББ органічно вписалися в сюжетну павутину. Маст вотч цього року!Писати рев'ю суржиком на англомовному сайті? Вмію, практикую, як то кажуть. Сезон тільки розпочався, але сюжет захоплює з перших хвилин пілота. Каст теж вражаючий: мені достатньо Біллі Боб Торнтона та Мартіна Фрімена, але й Кіт Керредін, Колін Хенкс з Декстера та Боб Оденкірк з ББ органічно вписалися в сюжетну павутину. Маст вотч цього року!
  22. Jun 5, 2014
    The story is the Wicked/BIZARRE Truth, and some great actors, BUT I’m left totally ripped off of my time trying to watch this mixed up bogus filming filled mostly with COMMERCIALS>> and the stupid REPEATS of all the has happened since DAY ONE
    (as their LAME WAY they are using such to fill in the gaps… as they insult your intelligence with such SLOW-POKE story telling THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN WAY BETTER COMPLETED AS JUST ONE 2 HOUR MOVIE!!) *** NO ONE APPRECIATES WAITING SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT THIS STORY IN THEIR “MOVE A CRUMB STEP FORWARD ONLY TO GET 3-5 STEPS BACK” IN BETWEEN A TON OF COMMERCIALS! EVEN THE COMMERCIALS ARE ALL THE SAME >> AND BORING AS CAN BE!
    I love Billy Bob as a supreme actor, but with this bs, now i worry about his Acting career…settling for such a BORING show.

This version of FARGO will never reach the level of the movie FARGO, and no way does it even come close to “BREAKING BAD” did, which Breaking Bad controlled me and everyones stay home and TV watching schedules for something AMAZING to give up an hour for!
    What a waste FARGO!
  23. Jun 23, 2014
    On first viewing I thought, this is great. However, it is not great, and for me it does not work as a Black Comedy. As the series has progressed, the storyline has become gradually just plain stupid - not believable (not even suspended disbelief plausible) - I even find it annoying to watch now. For me, most of the central characters have unravelled as the story and the scenarios haveOn first viewing I thought, this is great. However, it is not great, and for me it does not work as a Black Comedy. As the series has progressed, the storyline has become gradually just plain stupid - not believable (not even suspended disbelief plausible) - I even find it annoying to watch now. For me, most of the central characters have unravelled as the story and the scenarios have disintegrated into an pile of rubble attempting to disguise itself as quirky. The historical captions at the start of each episode are now the only black comedy component left of this failing output... Expand
  24. Sep 11, 2014
    Tiresome, slow and not at all exciting. What a waste of time. Will not be waiting for Season 2! Probably one of the worst I've ever watched- for all it's good reviews. Oh well!
  25. Sep 19, 2014
    This is a must-see if you have a fundamental understanding of good film/TV making. It's well written, brilliantly directed, artisticly beautiful, funny, painful and disturbing. All at once. Every scene gushes precision. Many scenes do things I have never seen before. Also, I read some of the bad reviews here, and I can say is don't trust them. You can tell they're the types not to enjoyThis is a must-see if you have a fundamental understanding of good film/TV making. It's well written, brilliantly directed, artisticly beautiful, funny, painful and disturbing. All at once. Every scene gushes precision. Many scenes do things I have never seen before. Also, I read some of the bad reviews here, and I can say is don't trust them. You can tell they're the types not to enjoy this type of production. Expand
  26. Jul 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Has some similar looks with Breaking Bad, black humor, excessive violence, photography ..Billy Bob was amazing, Odenkirk too, but I think some scenes were little unreal, last scene, with his broken leg was incredible...but it captivates us without doubts. Expand
  27. Aug 3, 2014
    Not my favorite show of the season. I have to say that it is good, though. The acting is great; I particularly loved Martin Freeman's and Allison Tolman's work. Watch it!
  28. Apr 20, 2014
    I'm remaining skeptical until I see the rest of the season but the first episode was pretty great. The first 30 minutes were a bit slow but it picked up. Billy Bob Thornton's acting was fantastic as well, not a big fan of Martin Freeman's accent but it didn't take me out of the show.
  29. May 12, 2014
    Superb casting. Light comedic touches complimented by a dark gritty storyline with an excellent performance from Billy Bob Thornton. It's an overall joy to watch and is completely living up to my expectations which were set pretty high after the film. By far the best series I have seen for years. What more is there to say? It is absolutely great. 10/10 so far.
  30. Jul 2, 2014
    This Tv show is simply over rated . I have watched all 10 episodes some how and it was moving like a snail most of the time. Credits be given to Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman for their impeccable acting else this would have been 2-3 rated show for me .
    I dont how most rated it so high, may be the movie was good but this one was simply a predictable story line with lotta ice here and there .Martin Freeman some times looked like he has stammering disease and then all of a sudden he is mr scarface planing and dealing dead bodies and ****
    The villian was acted as realistic by Billy Bob Thornton and the deputy role too was okay in the hands of Allison Tolman. Seeing the saul goodman of breaking bad, (Bob Odenkirk) in such a dull avatar was painfull, he is a guy suited for some energetic character and this one was the exact opposite of that. All in all, its just a watchable show , if you miss it nothing is gonna happen, simply over rated everywhere because of the old oscar winning movie
  31. May 20, 2014
    Up to now, the series is great. The actors are terrific and the storytelling is slow but very good. The dark humor of the Coen brothers film is well use. There's maybe the charm of the music and the wide shots of characteristics places that were used in the movie that would have been a great plus but overall it's great.
  32. May 8, 2014
    FARGO is now 4 episodes old and I am already into it, completely hooked up. The story is intense and brilliant. It will end up being one of the best shows ever. Malvo will be crowned as one of the best villain ever. For people who has not started watching this amazing show, buy yourself some time and watch this.
  33. May 7, 2014
    I've never seen a television remake of a successful movie that is true to the original. It only took one episode to hook both my husband and I. If I didn't know better, I would bet that the Coen brothers themselves were producing this quirky, thought provoking escape from reality. Not only does this show require your attention to track the interwoven plots and characters, but also makes itI've never seen a television remake of a successful movie that is true to the original. It only took one episode to hook both my husband and I. If I didn't know better, I would bet that the Coen brothers themselves were producing this quirky, thought provoking escape from reality. Not only does this show require your attention to track the interwoven plots and characters, but also makes it a necessity to watch every week in order to keep track of the back stories, flash backs and homage the incidents in the movie. It's right up there with Lost. Expand
  34. Jun 18, 2014
    Absolutely amazing. Thorough character development. Excellent plot. Awesome acting all around.

Best show ive seen outside of pay per view channels since breaking bad. Easy 10/10
  35. Aug 14, 2014
    A great TV-show with humor. Martin Freeman is great as Lester Nygaard. I really did feel sorry for him. The first episode was great and it had a good ending!!
  36. Jul 22, 2014
    Absolutely amazing show. Perfectly cast. Brooding, dark, but cerebral instead of in your face. Shows the nature of humanity with some dark humor too. Show is better than almost any movie you could see, and there are 10 episodes already! Absolutely no reason not to binge watch immediately.
  37. Apr 17, 2014
    One can expect quirkiness from the Coen's but this seems to be heavily leaning into satire land. Imagine "Lark Rise To Candleford" done by Cormac McCarthy. Evil or stupidity abounds in Bemidji Minnesota which seems to be another mid west town ridiculed by Hollywood of late ("Nebraska," "Osage County,") and where having Canadian accents guarantees a drop in IQ and social graces. Only oneOne can expect quirkiness from the Coen's but this seems to be heavily leaning into satire land. Imagine "Lark Rise To Candleford" done by Cormac McCarthy. Evil or stupidity abounds in Bemidji Minnesota which seems to be another mid west town ridiculed by Hollywood of late ("Nebraska," "Osage County,") and where having Canadian accents guarantees a drop in IQ and social graces. Only one character seems to have a chance at evolving and that's the deputy Sheriff doing a Columbo McDormand reprise. By my count there's 4 dead bodies and at least three facial contusions and possibly a dimwit made more brain damaged. Hang on we're in for a bumpy ride. Expand
  38. Aug 4, 2014
    Top notch. Everything about this show is just that. With the departure of Breaking Bad, the void was surprisingly filled by True Detective, but to have a second show come along so quickly that is of BB caliber is pretty amazing.Can't say one bad thing about Fargo other than I'm not sure how i feel about a second season as the one and done approach is why, I believe, the writers were ableTop notch. Everything about this show is just that. With the departure of Breaking Bad, the void was surprisingly filled by True Detective, but to have a second show come along so quickly that is of BB caliber is pretty amazing.Can't say one bad thing about Fargo other than I'm not sure how i feel about a second season as the one and done approach is why, I believe, the writers were able to give is a masterpiece with each ensuing episode. Expand
  39. Apr 23, 2014
    Starts off a bit slow but I think Fargo may become my favorite series on TV. A star studded cast that certainly lives up to the hype with plenty of room for plot development despite being in a small town. Can't wait to see how the show gets as the season goes on.
  40. Dec 4, 2014
    People say the movie wasn't really a true story, but I remember the news story years before the movie ever came out, so at least the basics of the plot were true. The TV series is an entirely different story, different characters; it just finagles a way to work a pregnant cop and Fargo N. Dakota into the new tale to give it a flavor similar to the movie. It too says the story is true. ButPeople say the movie wasn't really a true story, but I remember the news story years before the movie ever came out, so at least the basics of the plot were true. The TV series is an entirely different story, different characters; it just finagles a way to work a pregnant cop and Fargo N. Dakota into the new tale to give it a flavor similar to the movie. It too says the story is true. But this time, not even the basics are true. It's totally made up. I gave the story a pass for some key coincidences that seemed cheap toward the end of season 1, based on my belief that it was a true story. I guess calling it true is a way to try to be forgiven for sloppy writing.

The season starts strong. About halfway through it flags for a couple of episodes, but picks up again for the last 4 episodes; but unfortunately those last episodes are marred by some very crappy coincidences that were hastily thrown into the script to bring things to closure at the end. Also, I would have preferred stronger character development of the cops involved, given the amount of time we spend with them. And Lester, he has no redeeming qualities. None. If he had been struggling a little internally. If we could have ever seen a glimpse of a good man long lost to overpowering weakness, he would have been much more interesting. But he was basically two dimensional, and no one with that much screen time should be two dimensional. He never wrestled or struggled with anything, except how to get away with what he did. He was just as much of a sociopath as Malvo. Problem is, once you get over the shock of what they do, sociopaths are boring. That's why in Dexter and Silence of the Lambs, the killers are not really written as sociopaths, even if they are called sociopaths in the movie. But in Fargo the TV series, Lester and Malvo were written as bona fide sociopaths. Thus the boredom (on my part) with their characters after the first couple of episodes.

Overall I give this a 7. The weaknesses are significant but the plot keeps you going and surprises do abound.
  41. Apr 16, 2014
    Most realistic police story ever.Who wrote this awesome story? .it's strange writers were able to expand dark nature of humans and choices they made and put it in to a TV show.This is way better than true detective and in the same league of Sherlock.When you watch it you don't feel like they acting.
  42. Dec 17, 2014
    Good shows are out there for those willing to watch them - and Fargo is one of them. Recapturing vibe from the Coen film, it casts us in a wintry whiteout of philosopher hitmen, murderous insurance salesmen and the obvious incompetent police, all surrounded by Minnesota nice and the dark humour from the source material. A brilliant cast, refined photography, and catchy score ensure theGood shows are out there for those willing to watch them - and Fargo is one of them. Recapturing vibe from the Coen film, it casts us in a wintry whiteout of philosopher hitmen, murderous insurance salesmen and the obvious incompetent police, all surrounded by Minnesota nice and the dark humour from the source material. A brilliant cast, refined photography, and catchy score ensure the success of Fargo. "Heck" is all one can say. Expand
  43. Aug 27, 2014
    I don't really understand the praise for this show. It was good, but it didn't blow me away. The pilot was incredible, and the final couple of episodes were as good, if not better. But I can't say I took away very much from everything in between.
  44. Jun 2, 2014
    If Martin Freeman is from Minnesota then I am from Pluto... It doesn't hold a candle to the original film and it's a real shame they had to tarnish the legacy. The film was a real bare insight into a difficult situation and the mystery behind it was slowly revealed whilst the show is just layers upon layers of waffle designed to fill up the hours needed for a season.
  45. May 31, 2014
    I diligently have tried to find a copy of the movie but haven't been able to find it, so I gave the series a chance. Fargo is very cunning. A series lead by the Coen masterminds, Fargo stars Martin Sheen as a loser insurance salesman whose life cracks in just a couple of days thanks to a drifter names Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton) as a series of murders are cleverly covered up, two cops MollyI diligently have tried to find a copy of the movie but haven't been able to find it, so I gave the series a chance. Fargo is very cunning. A series lead by the Coen masterminds, Fargo stars Martin Sheen as a loser insurance salesman whose life cracks in just a couple of days thanks to a drifter names Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton) as a series of murders are cleverly covered up, two cops Molly (Allison Tolman) and Gus (Colin Hanks) help each other out to bring the murderers to justice. Fargo is eerily creepy and psychotic to the point where it is interesting. Truly we have found a suitable replacement for Breaking Bad. Expand
  46. Jun 18, 2014
    This is the best show that I've ever seen. The writing was incredibly good, the direction was amazing, the cinematography was incredible, the acting was outstanding, etc. The story was so rich that each episode left me satisfied, and the amount of throwbacks to Coen Bro's films was really interesting. The writing goes so much deeper than what can be seen in each episode, and you reallyThis is the best show that I've ever seen. The writing was incredibly good, the direction was amazing, the cinematography was incredible, the acting was outstanding, etc. The story was so rich that each episode left me satisfied, and the amount of throwbacks to Coen Bro's films was really interesting. The writing goes so much deeper than what can be seen in each episode, and you really have to peruse the forums (I like reddit.com/r/fargotv) in order to get the full meaning behind everything. Terrific show. Mark my words -- this will not be topped for years to come. Expand
  47. Aug 26, 2014
    I'm not sure why this is enjoyable if you have already seen the movie. If that's the case we all know what happens. Was tedious trying to watch a story I knew in advance. Acting is good and its well written, but the movie was already very good and watching this results in diminishing returns no matter how well its done.
  48. Jun 25, 2014
    Easily my favorite show of all time. I've watched and seen over 40 shows fully through and this is the best. Excellent storytelling, acting, and pace. Billy Bob Thornton plays the best character in any show ever. You will love this show.
  49. Oct 2, 2014
    Честно, не знаю чем зацепил многих данный сериал... Хотя нет, знаю, но к сожалению мне он не приглянулся. Ставлю - 7, только за некоторые потрясающие сцены с Лестером.
  50. Jul 1, 2014
    Intense dramatic climaxes with a steady build and solid acting. Billy Bob Thornton as Lorne Malvo; a ridiculously good serial killer, is a true standout, no legendary performance and the show deserves a watch.
  51. May 21, 2014
    Perfect casting except for the South African or Australia bit role in the Chinese restaurant, great location, plot keeps moving along and like Game Of Thrones, the dumb get killed. What else could you want?
    It's gonna be a tragedy if Lorne Malvo doesn't make it to Season 2.
  52. May 28, 2014
    Fargo is the perfect tv hour to fill your Breaking Bad void, it is a dense show which brings amazing quirk to television. Great casting, great characters and great storyline, Fargo has it all.
  53. Jun 3, 2014
    Fargo captured my attention with its first episode and has turned into can’t-miss-it TV. Not since Walter White of Breaking Bad entered my life have I so fervently hoped for a good outcome for a deeply flawed character – Lester Nygaard. Martin Freeman is wonderful as the submissive, subservient husband and life insurance salesman. Even though he is doing bad, bad things, I am rooting forFargo captured my attention with its first episode and has turned into can’t-miss-it TV. Not since Walter White of Breaking Bad entered my life have I so fervently hoped for a good outcome for a deeply flawed character – Lester Nygaard. Martin Freeman is wonderful as the submissive, subservient husband and life insurance salesman. Even though he is doing bad, bad things, I am rooting for him to not get caught. While the show is loosely based upon the Coen brothers’ movie, there are enough twists and turns that it feels very fresh. Billy Bob Thornton as Lorne Malvo is brilliant as the quietly-menacing villain, although he’s rocking a very bad set of bangs. The show ranges from laugh-out-loud humor to deeply disturbing often within seconds of each other. The entire cast is superb, even Kate Walsh whom I normally can’t stand. This show has the quirks and dark humor of the original movie with enough new storyline to keep you guessing. Expand
  54. Jul 20, 2014
    One of the best serie (maybe it's a miniserie) j've watched . There's everything dark humor ,sex , surrealism ,feelings..... all mixed in a story that keeps you in front of the screen floating in disbelief but at the same time curious and astonished.
  55. Jun 12, 2014
    Awesome show! I really like the writing and the story it is awesome. I am really surprised I like it because I did not like the movie because I thought it was stupid and I did not like the writing, or story, so nice job writers of Fargo.
  56. Jun 13, 2014
    I must say I never inspected this serie was going to be that good but that makes it even better. The first episode was amazing and that's only the beginning. If you are person like me that watch a lot of series but aren't caught away with some cheesy storyline than I advice you to watch Fargo. It's so well written and with small touch of comedy, this serie is worth a 10.
  57. Jun 18, 2014
    I don't even watch TV and the show was awesome. If you like the movie you'll absolutely, love the show When Billy Bob Thornton died, I was heartbroken!! Fantastic show, please don't end!!
  58. Jun 22, 2014
    Fargo is by far one of the best shows I've seen. The acting is brilliant especially from Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton. The story-lines are gripping as is the dialogue.Furthermore although it is dark it manages to put some effective humour in. It had left me craving more after each episode.
  59. Jun 23, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much from this show but after watching all 10 episodes, I am pleasantly surprised. The acting is phenomenal and it's one of those shows that makes you want to keep on watching. It may be a little slow in parts but the WOW moments really make up for it. I really hope there is a season 2 but it will have to be pretty good to match season 1.
  60. Jun 23, 2014
    The best new TV show of 2014, "Fargo" is faithful to the Coen brothers in style and tone only and that's the only area where it counts. With fresh characters (embodied to perfection by an electrifying cast) and an original storyline, "Fargo" is both a homage to the original film and a reinvention. In its rich, seamless fusion of dark, ironic gallows comedy, intricately-crafted mystery,The best new TV show of 2014, "Fargo" is faithful to the Coen brothers in style and tone only and that's the only area where it counts. With fresh characters (embodied to perfection by an electrifying cast) and an original storyline, "Fargo" is both a homage to the original film and a reinvention. In its rich, seamless fusion of dark, ironic gallows comedy, intricately-crafted mystery, thrills and chills and full-blooded violence, Fargo is unpredictable, gut-wrenching and totally absorbing - mercilessly so. Expand
  61. Jul 14, 2014
    Fantastic season of Television. The writing and acting are top-notch. There are some dull moments but "thee" big scenes make up for it. Bill Bob Thornton could and hopefully will win an Emmy for this because he is amazing in it.
  62. Jun 26, 2014
    I was sad when Breaking Bad ended and I thought nothing would be as good as BB. But then a TV show like this came along and I was wrong. This had me at the edge of my seat at every turn and the characters had feeling and personality in them like BB did with Walter White. The plot turns never had me confused and I always loved how they incorporated dark humor with the grim, killer vibeI was sad when Breaking Bad ended and I thought nothing would be as good as BB. But then a TV show like this came along and I was wrong. This had me at the edge of my seat at every turn and the characters had feeling and personality in them like BB did with Walter White. The plot turns never had me confused and I always loved how they incorporated dark humor with the grim, killer vibe they had. I enjoyed every minute of it and I personally thought it was better than Breaking Bad. The Coen Brothers delivered with this and I'm happy. Couldn't love another TV show more than this one. Expand
  63. Oct 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This Series is boring as socks and full of unlikeable and stupid backwoods, of course there is Billy Bob but anything you know about him from the first scene is all that you ever get to know about him.
    During the first season it seems that they save the background stories and thrilling plots for the second but then this fu**in **** in my face End comes and shows me three wombats on a couch.
    "Can't wait for season two".
  64. Jun 30, 2014
    The pilot was interesting and it's a great good versus evil parable. The lead actress is refreshing and Billy Bob is terrific. After the pilot there are many eps that are slow, boring and poorly plotted. But it comes together in the end with a strong finish. Overall if it were half as long I'd like it twice as much. Many, many scenes about nothing. But then something cool happens.
  65. Aug 5, 2014
    The series starts off with possibly the greatest pilot ever and it stays just as good through out season 1. The series isn't as dark as the movie but still has the atmosphere and humor of the Coen Brother's 1996 classic. The film has great casting and great performances by all the actors. Billy Bob Thorton could play this role in his sleep, I wasn't too sure of Martin Freeman but all myThe series starts off with possibly the greatest pilot ever and it stays just as good through out season 1. The series isn't as dark as the movie but still has the atmosphere and humor of the Coen Brother's 1996 classic. The film has great casting and great performances by all the actors. Billy Bob Thorton could play this role in his sleep, I wasn't too sure of Martin Freeman but all my doubts went in the pilot, he delivers the BEST performance of his career. The show has great writing, brilliant humor and legendary performances, it really helps prove that in this day and age, TV is better than Movies. Expand
  66. Aug 6, 2014
    Wow, all these good reviews.. This doesn't looks fake at all!
    This show is plain average. Some great performances especially by BBT but overall the writing is reeeeeally subpar, especially when you have to compare it to the goddamn Cohen brothers who are masters of this genre. It fails at drama, it fails at humor, it fails at being silly even. Oh and it fails at freaking logic.
    Good
    Wow, all these good reviews.. This doesn't looks fake at all!
    Good casting, poor dialogue and pacing, ok production values. A sad mixed bag, that could have been much more, but also much worse! It's decent, at the end of the day, but barrely.
  67. Sep 17, 2014
    The series starts pretty good, with nice mix of comedy and detective action, getting viewers to sympathize with protagonist, even despite what he/they have done. Unfortunately, the show takes nosedive in Vegas episode, with problems and contrived conveniences pilling up rapidly, culminating in convoluted ending.

I'm not sure if Coen brothers' involvement was the cause of this, but I'm

I'm not sure if Coen brothers' involvement was the cause of this, but I'm inclined to think so, considering their past works
  68. Sep 20, 2014
    Brilliant black comedy. This is what the Coen brothers do best. This may even be better than the movie. Yes the dialogue is a bit stretched and i'm sure Minnesotans don't say oh yaaaaa every 2min but it is still a unique and hilarious series.
  69. Dec 25, 2014
    If you watched the Coen brothers movie "Fargo" and liked it, you will love this.
    It is pretty much a well-made 10 hours long version of the aforementioned movie that shines with very good acting and clever expanding of the initial plot-line.
  70. Jan 11, 2015
    Nach Breaking Bad wieder eine richtig gute Serie, ohne Effekthascherei, mit intelligenter Story und tollen Darstellern. Klare Empfehlung dieser ersten Staffel

1. Reviewed by: Emily Nussbaum
    Jun 25, 2014
    Only a fool would deny Fargo’s polish and verve, its stylized razzle-dazzle. But, for me at least, after a year of gulping down chili peppers, it takes more to make a meal.
  2. Reviewed by: Kristi Turnquist
    Jun 24, 2014
    The setting is convincingly snowy and wintry (it was filmed in Calgary, Canada), the writing is clever, and the actors are outstanding.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Garrett
    Apr 15, 2014
    At times, however, Hawley goes a little too heavy on the quirk, and Thornton, who last regularly appeared on TV in the John Ritter political comedy “Hearts Afire” in the early 1990s, overly indulges in that smirk. Bits between mob enforcers Mr. Numbers (Adam Goldberg) and Mr. Wrench (Russell Harvard) also wear out their welcome. The overall quality of TV's Fargo is high.