Firefly : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2002
Season #: 1, 2
8.2

1. Nov 25, 2014
    I am now through 5 episodes and I am still giving this thing a 3 rating. It may take me an entire year to get through this. First off all I have seen some great sci fy cable shows to begin with such as Battle Galacticca which absolutely annihilates this show in every single respect. There is nothing believable about this world what so ever. It also includes extremely slow episodesI am now through 5 episodes and I am still giving this thing a 3 rating. It may take me an entire year to get through this. First off all I have seen some great sci fy cable shows to begin with such as Battle Galacticca which absolutely annihilates this show in every single respect. There is nothing believable about this world what so ever. It also includes extremely slow episodes where we get invited to a cocktail party that ends in a 17th century style duel with freaking fencing moves. I dont know how this thing got a cult following..anything in the world can get a cult following if this can. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jun 28, 2013
    There are no aliens, no teleporters and no lasers. And sadly--given creator Joss Whedon's track record with Buffy the Vampire Slayer--no laughs or thrills.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Jun 14, 2013
    'Firefly' benefits enormously from Whedon's ability to take the clich├ęs of any genre and give them a good, hard yank.
  3. Newark Star-Ledger
    Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Feb 24, 2013
    The whole space cowboy gimmick shouldn't work, but Whedon and co-creator Tim Minear have managed to create a world where space stations and men on horseback can plausibly co-exist. Little touches like deliberately old-fashioned dialogue - one character describes the bar fight as "just an honest brawl between folk" - help immensely. [19 Sept 2002]