Flash Gordon : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Aug 10, 2007
2.2

1. JoeC.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Flash Gordon was a campy but fun show that started soft but got better as it went on. I think the writers were hitting their stride by the end of the first (only) season, but I think they knew they were being axed and tied up most of the loose ends for the season finale.
  2. IanI.
    Aug 12, 2007
    I don't understand why this show is called flash gordon, if we ignore the newer, more realistic technology, the compleatly different Flash Gordon charicter and everything else the only thing that reminds me of the original show is the bad acting...if we look beyond the fact that this show is in no way flash gordon...well it still under performs when compared to even the worst of I don't understand why this show is called flash gordon, if we ignore the newer, more realistic technology, the compleatly different Flash Gordon charicter and everything else the only thing that reminds me of the original show is the bad acting...if we look beyond the fact that this show is in no way flash gordon...well it still under performs when compared to even the worst of shows in the sci fi genra. Expand

As played by Johnson, this 21st Century Flash is likable enough, and the plot occasionally achieves a tick-tock level of efficiency, but there’s little else to recommend this series.
  2. For all the comic-book fans who can't get enough of grown-ups carrying ray guns and discussing the destruction of planet Earth, pretty lame effects and super-stiff acting keep this from being really great camp.
  3. The whole story is over the top, but it's mitigated by the sense of humor it has about its own broad elements. The acting is serviceable enough and--to Rosenthal's credit in the pilot--surprisingly consistent. What the plotting lacks in cohesion and suspense, the production often compensates for in visual appeal.