Freak Show : Season 1

6.4

1. MikeB
    Oct 9, 2006
    This is just a bad show. The animation is poor, the jokes poorer, and the characters are boring as all get-out. The old couple were the best characters in the premiere and even then they paled in comparison to South Park's dullest moments. Hopefully this show will be shorter-lived than Comedy Central's other humorless freakfest, Drawn Together, which amazingly started its third This is just a bad show. The animation is poor, the jokes poorer, and the characters are boring as all get-out. The old couple were the best characters in the premiere and even then they paled in comparison to South Park's dullest moments. Hopefully this show will be shorter-lived than Comedy Central's other humorless freakfest, Drawn Together, which amazingly started its third season last Thursday for reasons incomprehensible to anyone with a sense of humor. Expand
  2. AlexD
    Jan 1, 2007
    Absolutely hilarious. The only people who don't find the show funny are the same that find Carlos Mencia and Larry The Cable Guy funny. I guess they'd rather Git ta Gittin' than watch a truly funny show. It's a shame it probably won't last beyond one season.
  3. misterwogan
    Oct 16, 2006
    Incredibly unfunny - I may have smiled once in the whole twenty two minutes of the pilot episode. Hopefully it will improve as the series gets into it's stride but this was just bad. To compare this to South Park - especially the last two wonderful epiodes is just plain sloppy.
  4. JayB
    Nov 6, 2006
    The episodes have been getting better as it goes along. I don't know if they'll get a chance to develop this further, but I wish they would. Many shows start out uneven and end up becoming great as the writers get more comfortable and confident in the characters and stories. It has a weird and subtle comic style that's certainly not for everyone. I think it would have fared The episodes have been getting better as it goes along. I don't know if they'll get a chance to develop this further, but I wish they would. Many shows start out uneven and end up becoming great as the writers get more comfortable and confident in the characters and stories. It has a weird and subtle comic style that's certainly not for everyone. I think it would have fared better on Adult Swim alongside such things as Tom Goes to the Mayor and 12 oz Mouse.... Expand
  5. macarionm
    Oct 7, 2006
    David Cross owns your face.
  6. ChuckW
    Oct 11, 2006
    Unoriginal.........mix of Blankman the movie... bumbling dopey... with a dash of wanna be eccentric HBO Carivale characters with obvious contemporarily hip cookie cut out trendy subject matter ....gays...politics....society.... below the true capabilities of David Cross.
  7. J.
    Oct 12, 2006
    It's not for all tastes, but will hit some people - like me - in the right place. It helps enormously if you're a fan of David Cross; if not, it'll be a far rougher ride. Bizzarre and yet subtle, I'll be tuning into this for awhile to see where it goes.
  8. GaryM.
    Oct 5, 2006
    This show has tremendous potential to be one of the funniest series on TV. If you haven't met Primi yet, you are really missing out.
  9. JennyB
    Mar 13, 2007
    funny as hell!
  10. JohnW
    Mar 28, 2007
    Each episode has been better than the next. The 2-part season finale was easily the best and has proven itself to be one of the funniest shows on tv today.
  11. BobF.
    Jul 14, 2007
    Brilliant.
  12. TomC.
    Nov 6, 2006
    I thought the first episode was very average, but the episode i saw last night (7/06/06 - the plot involves the President having a trivia contest with the Canadian prime minister) was the most biting satire of our political process and media that I have seen in a long time - quite funny too. I'm giving it a nine based on the strength of that episode alone.
  13. BrianA
    Oct 19, 2006
    I like David Cross, This show does have the potential to be funny but it just seems to try to hard, this is the second time watching it and it started out okay then just fell apart.
  14. FredB
    Dec 11, 2006
    Definitely one of the wierder shows I've seen. Very clever and even cute at some points. I especially like that their missions involve undertaking personal errands for the president and that they celebrate completion by visiting a chain restaurant. I do hope it continues.
  15. C.B.
    Oct 21, 2006
    Very funny, but the animation is annoying...
  16. keshavv
    Oct 25, 2006
    the best
  17. James
    Feb 14, 2007
    I really hope this show isn't canceleld. I was hooked from the very start. Characters are hilarious and the plots ridiculous. A show like this can't be limited to just 7 episodes. Here's to a 2nd season!

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Whitney Pastorek
    This superhero spoof's odd humor manages to distract from the shudders... but just barely. [6 Oct 2006, p.63]
  2. Outrageous, bizarre, effortlessly hip and unsubtle in magically edgy ways.
  3. Alternately goofy and smartly satirical, ["Freak Show"] may be the best companion to "South Park" Comedy Central has come up with yet.