• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 14, 2011
  • Season #: 1
4.8

1. Sep 17, 2011
    Compared to the show it's paired with, "Up All Night", this is pure genius, but the latter show I found terrible. Hank Azaria is a good actor although I don't know that this sitcom will be his thing. The woman lead, Katherine Hahn was just OK. The meeting scenes in the office would have generated several sexual harassment lawsuits, but then this is TV. One particularly odd one is where the male boss is deep massaging the Azaria character while he's sitting in his chair. Weird and unclear why to me, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2011
    Pros: The two leads are good and have real chemistry. They can also act. Cons: The supporting actors are weaker and a little over-the-top with their lines. They are less believable. To some degree it is the acting and to some it is just their lines which sound just a tad too much like forced sit com one liners to get a laugh which makes them less funny. This show can make it but the writing needs some work. As it is, it is the kind of show I would watch if I wanted something to do but would not be terribly disappointed if I missed a show or three either. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2011
    I like Hank Azaria. I like his work in The Simpsons where he portrays many of my beloved characters. I was looking forward to see him in comedy series in person, not drawn as cartoon character. And after the first episode of Free Agents, I think Iâ
  4. Sep 22, 2011
    Free Agents definitely had a strong pilot, but lost some rhythm towards the second episode... but I still believe this show has a fighting chance to become great. Hank Azaria and Kathryn Hahn have great chemistry in this show, and I believe they are unappreciated for the talent they have.

- the secretary/receptionist girl is too overly dry
    + Giles is in it
  5. Sep 24, 2011
    Call me crazy but I love this show. Hank Azaria comes off as clever and witty without being pompous. Kathryn Hahn holds her own as well. There is definitely chemistry between the two and the boss/perv Anthony Head is hilarious. In fact the entire cast works well together. This is easily my favorite new comedy so far.
  6. Sep 27, 2011
    hank azarias the man and ive always liked kathryn hahn("that chick" is what i called her though) and they have great chemistry(how lame, i see everyone said that)...... natasha leggero is good and looks hot on it, rest of the cast is a little annoying so far but have their moments.
  7. Sep 29, 2011
    Will go down in history as NBC's worst idea ever. The writing and acting are worse than sub-par and both Kathryn Hahn and Hank Azaria give performances that are disproportionate with their actual abilities.
  8. Sep 30, 2011
    This will be cancelled in a few weeks. Such a terrible idea and the acting is just horrible. Parks and Recreation (the best show on TV) makes this look like **** (which it is).

1. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Sep 28, 2011
    The second episode was an improvement creatively: Azaria's Alex and Hahn's Helen displayed some mature-adult chemistry. It may not be enough to save the series, though.
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Sep 16, 2011
    It's no small miracle that Mr. Azaria makes this soppy character work. He does. The same can be said for just about everything else in this appealingly hard-headed, smartly written comedy.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Sep 14, 2011
    It's a show I would really like to like, and there are elements present in the pilot that make me want to see how it's doing by, say, episode four or five, but it's not there yet.