Free Ride : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 1, 2006
6.0

1. JohnnyL
    Apr 20, 2006
    I thought this was one of the best shows on television today. The comedy is great and it's not too much. The acting is great for unheard of actors and it isn't one of those far fetched tv shows that wouldn't happen in a million years. I'm a college student, so that makes this show even more entertaining to me. I really hope they don't take it off the air.
  2. DonD
    Jun 8, 2006
    This sow was fantastic. I can't believe it is gone. No justice.
  3. BenJ
    Mar 6, 2006
    This is a wickedly amusing and fantastically hilarious show.
  4. abbib
    Mar 9, 2006
    Witty and fun. Loved the show and thought it was funny. Not rolling on the floor funny but it has its cute moments. I think it is exactly what it is like comming home from college to live with your parents again.
  5. CousinS
    Apr 17, 2006
    Free Ride is an absolutey hilarious show!! I love the characters and I think that they have perfect chemistry between each other and really make the show #1 on my list.
  6. Shane
    Apr 23, 2006
    Funny as hell.
  7. AmandaH
    May 1, 2006
    Really funny show!
  8. DanielC
    Jun 19, 2006
    Loved Free Ride. It was placed opposite killer competition and never got an audience. I loved the cast, and it preseted a true situation (as in 'situation comedy') in Nate's returning home to parents who have moved on from parenthood, falling in love with his engaged high school sweetheart, and befriending Dove (a very funny character). I watched every episode. It was so Loved Free Ride. It was placed opposite killer competition and never got an audience. I loved the cast, and it preseted a true situation (as in 'situation comedy') in Nate's returning home to parents who have moved on from parenthood, falling in love with his engaged high school sweetheart, and befriending Dove (a very funny character). I watched every episode. It was so much funnier than most other sitcoms. Expand
  9. JoeV
    Oct 16, 2006
    Absolute Corker, bring it back please!!!
  10. ChristianD
    Oct 17, 2006
    love it
  11. curtisk
    Apr 24, 2006
    This show is very funny. I love it. Its my favorite show on t.v. right now.
  12. CarolynP
    May 23, 2006
    I suppose it was important for Fox to cancel Free Ride to make more room for mindless crap like American Idol and Skating with Celebrities. I hate this network.
  13. KellyS
    May 9, 2006
    Where is my favorite show? Has it been cancelled?! Fox better bring it back or it'll be missing out on another great show opportunity!
  14. AustinJ
    Apr 16, 2006
    Whoever voted this a 4.5 is a moron. I wouldn't necissarily rate it a ten, however since some people have rated it so low I have to help raise it. This show is amazing. It is alot like what happens when you graduate college.
  15. dougr
    Jun 19, 2006
    this is one of the best shows on tv
  16. JulesB.
    Sep 16, 2007
    This was a funny show. I wish you would bring it back. Parents who have kids going off to college or graduating from college and coming home again LOVED this SHOW!! I hope it goes to DVD. Nate, his parents and Nate's best friend were hilarious!!!!
  17. TCoogan
    Mar 2, 2006
    a unique show, lots of promise!
  18. JeffK
    Mar 3, 2006
    Great premier......Nate shows promise as the star of the show. The concept of the show is difficult (Improv) but they pulled it off. Great work.
  19. DomB.
    May 3, 2006
    I would like to know what these guys who are giving the show a zero rating think is funny. I didn't know the requirment for watching this show was that you have to have no sense of humor. Just because Will and Grace is almost over doesn't mean you guys have to take out your rage on Free Ride! Seriously this show has a lot of good qualities and if nothing else you have to think I would like to know what these guys who are giving the show a zero rating think is funny. I didn't know the requirment for watching this show was that you have to have no sense of humor. Just because Will and Grace is almost over doesn't mean you guys have to take out your rage on Free Ride! Seriously this show has a lot of good qualities and if nothing else you have to think the parents on the show are funny. Fox better keep this show on the air. Expand
  20. JoanieM
    Mar 13, 2006
    I thought it was great. I liked that they talked like real people - on top of each other.I LOVE Josh Dean - he is georgeous and funny.
  21. sophiek
    Mar 2, 2006
    i loved last night...
  22. DaveG
    Nov 7, 2006
    The charaterisation in this this show was unbeliveliable. With its quickly delivered lines and highly casmatic cast I cant understand why it was taken off the air?
  23. Keith
    Apr 4, 2006
    Currently, i have watched 3 episodes, and i agree with most that the first episode i watched was terrible, however, one episode shouldnt stop you. This show is based on improvisation. I myself can see this, having done it, and learning its art. It can be difficult at times, and there really is more to it than just throwing yourself in there. It is harder than the actors make it look. Currently, i have watched 3 episodes, and i agree with most that the first episode i watched was terrible, however, one episode shouldnt stop you. This show is based on improvisation. I myself can see this, having done it, and learning its art. It can be difficult at times, and there really is more to it than just throwing yourself in there. It is harder than the actors make it look. Though this is not an excuse for the show. However, it should be noted, that since i have started watching, each episode has steadily progressed and been better in my opinion. It has shown its bright spots, and has steadily began to amuse me, and keep me entertained. Granted, i may have some bias, due to being interested in improv, where one acts with no script, genuinely the timing has gotten better. Give the series time, and if you watch more than one episode, then i cant blame you for saying its not good, since its your opinion, but the jokes that these actors have come up with, have been great at times, good at others, obvious at other points, and medicore in still others. But, the timing for the actors have improved, the chemistry, the ideas, and etc. There is no laugh track to make ppl think others are laughing, and the camera shots have been bad, though the improvements they have made has been encouraging. This show is an emobodiement of improvement, and one should give it a few episdoes before absolutely judging it. The first episode i watched, which i agree was awful, was the episode where the main lead played by josh dean, gets a job, meets a new girl, and gets dragged to a club, etc. It was hard to get through, though it did show some good caliber funny at the end, though camera work still needed some improvement. The next episode i watched, was the one where the main lead's dad plans to get proctologist to do an examination, you know what i mean. The lines have become wittier, and unlike the first episode, each actor pauses more, and the talking isnt over one another anymore, and the laughs and jokes were better. Granted, there were still some awkward moments, but a great improvement of leaps and bounds over the first ep i watched. Now, the latest episode which i viewed, was just plain, good. It wasnt all laugh out loud, but it was amusing, and had decent laughs. It starts out with one of the main chars, entering a martial arts type tournament where he doesnt have a clue from what to do, and during the ep, this branches out to two sub plots, one major and one minor, both which are funny. If i have rated this show based on the first episode i watched alone, even though i really wanted this show to do well, i probably wouldnt have rated it above a 3. But the show has impressed me, and it has made me smile to my self, and chuckle, and the way the characters are interacting, it is becoming interesting. This show grew on me, i thought it would just plunge after that first episode i watched, but it didnt, and drew me in. give it a chance or not, just don't be expecting the same over as with other sit coms. This one is unscripted, punch lines are different from standard sitcoms, and mistakes can be corrected in this show from one episode to the next. I'm going to keep up with this series, and i hope other people wont just give up after one episode. Im going to enjoy my free ride. Expand
  24. GregP
    Mar 3, 2006
    This show is funny as hell.
  25. guyg
    Apr 22, 2006
    Very well done, charming cast, definitley has its moments. Although one or two episodes lack compared to others, well worth the 22 minutes.
  26. D.D.
    Jul 15, 2006
    Why did Free Ride go off the air? Is this show coming back on the air - meaning back on freely avalable broadcast TV (versus only on cable) - soon? Posted July 15, 2006

1. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    There's a breezy charm to the show.
  2. "Free Ride" is crude, mean-spirited, and not nearly as fresh and innovative as the producers think it is.
  3. More of an amusing diversion than a laugh riot.