8.6

1. Mar 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Friday Night Lights has been a personal favorite of mine since it started airing on Sky Atlantic last march. The show does a great job of conveying our heroes major triumphs and their rock bottoms. Anyway the 4th season of Friday Night Lights began airing a couple of months back and I have to say I have not been left disappointed

The 4th season feels like a whole new chapter of Dillon as our main hero, Coach Eric Taylor lose his job with the Panthers and takes on the role of Head Coach of the East Dillon Lions. A lot of the major characters departed last season (farewell Smash, Street, Tyra and Lyla)but we are treated to some new faces in the form of Vince, Luke, Becky and Jess and basically a new environment as the crime ridden East Dillon is worlds away from the safe and community orientated Dillon we are accustomed to.

Friday Night Lights also features its best episode thus far in the form of The Son, an episode dealing with the grief a young man can face when confronted with the death of the father he never knew. Truly powerful stuff, with one actor deserving of a Emmy nomination for his outstanding performance

Other issues are featured in season 4 such as teen pregnancy and abortion, and as Friday Night Lights usually does, handles the subject matter extremely delicately.

All in all I would say that that this season is probably my favorite season of the show so far, and from the season finale I think that the show could reach new levels of greatness in it's swansong season.
  2. Feb 27, 2013
    With Coach Taylor now in charge of the penniless East Dillon Lions Friday Night Lights serves up yet another fantastic season.

Much like many other great drama series Friday Night Lights greatest strength is the way it allows the viewers to really get to know each and every one of the main characters and this is helped greatly by its fantastic script and universally great performances. As a result it is all but impossible not to start to really care what happens to the people of Dillon and I can think of very few TV shows that have had the same emotional impact on me as Friday Night Lights.
  3. Oct 23, 2010
    I'd never seen the show before, but I was hooked from the first episode of season 4. The characters are all realistic and varied. When they're going through hardships, you stick with them, and when they succeed, you can't help but cheer. Great acting, too. Glad to see Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler get some love at the Emmy's, even if it's kinda late already!
  4. Aug 17, 2010
    Without a doubt, Friday Night Lights is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. The story is so well done and realistic that it makes you feel as if all these characters are real people who you could actually visit if you went to this small town in Texas. I highly recommend Friday Night Lights for anybody who is a fan of good TV. Season 4 adds a few new characters since many of are oldWithout a doubt, Friday Night Lights is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. The story is so well done and realistic that it makes you feel as if all these characters are real people who you could actually visit if you went to this small town in Texas. I highly recommend Friday Night Lights for anybody who is a fan of good TV. Season 4 adds a few new characters since many of are old favorites have moved on but manages to make these new characters just as interesting to watch as the oldies. Expand

This year, the challenge is to create fresh, interesting story lines for new and returning high school characters, integrate the post-high school crowd into the show and mix the stories of the East Dillon team with those of the Panther players. It’s a tall order, but in the early going, the show seems up to it.
  2. It's a brand new ballgame. It looks to be a winner.
  3. There's definitely a joy to this series, no matter how dire things get for its characters.