9.1

1. Mar 15, 2011
    Nearly flawless. Realistic, poignant, inspirational...and it really should be watched by many more people. Myself and a crew of friends just got hooked...and my wife loves it too. Just finished season one...
  2. Aug 17, 2010
    Without a doubt, Friday Night Lights is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. The story is so well done and realistic that it makes you feel as if all these characters are real people who you could actually visit if you went to this small town in Texas. I highly recommend Friday Night Lights for anybody who is a fan of good TV.
  3. Mar 29, 2013
    Friday Night Lights is one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. From the amazing chemistry, to the kind of show that just touches your heart. It's one of my favorite shows in quite a while.
  4. May 26, 2011
    This is just a great show. Amazing, subtle, strong acting and fully fleshed characters that constantly explore the divide between class, race, and genders. It is not just about football (I admit that I am not much of a football fan)--it is about life.
  5. Oct 30, 2012
    Damn this show is tight. I am not really into the whole football culture that they have down there in Texas but that's not really the point of the show. Most of the characters are quite complex and what they have to go through feels very real. I don't remember seeing a show that painted rehab and the consequences of a serious injury like this before. It just felt right. I would definitelyDamn this show is tight. I am not really into the whole football culture that they have down there in Texas but that's not really the point of the show. Most of the characters are quite complex and what they have to go through feels very real. I don't remember seeing a show that painted rehab and the consequences of a serious injury like this before. It just felt right. I would definitely recommend it since it's nearly flawless. Expand
  6. Mar 11, 2012
    Did I lose a friend? Well that is how I felt after watching the last episode. Friday nights lights and parenthood are the best shows I've seen in awhile.
  7. Jul 5, 2012
    A must watch for thoughtful people-----The most gloriously honest, compelling, intelligent show I've ever seen on network TV, and maybe beyond. It's poignantly scripted, unnervingly well acted (UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are two of the best performers I've ever seen.), and gorgeously shot. I want to scream from the mountain tops about this show. ...REALA must watch for thoughtful people-----The most gloriously honest, compelling, intelligent show I've ever seen on network TV, and maybe beyond. It's poignantly scripted, unnervingly well acted (UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are two of the best performers I've ever seen.), and gorgeously shot. I want to scream from the mountain tops about this show. ...REAL ART on TV... I didn't know it was possible before FNL. Expand
  8. Aug 7, 2013
    An absolutely amazing series. I was put off initially by the football theme, but in essence this is just the backdrop to everything else going on. The entire cast are superb, but it is Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton that shine. Britton in particular should be an A list actress of the cinema with her stunning looks. Her performance is full of nuances and she is totally believable in everyAn absolutely amazing series. I was put off initially by the football theme, but in essence this is just the backdrop to everything else going on. The entire cast are superb, but it is Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton that shine. Britton in particular should be an A list actress of the cinema with her stunning looks. Her performance is full of nuances and she is totally believable in every scene. The shows writers are to be commended for the great restraint they show with their characters, and at times the show is extremely moving without being overly sentimental or mawkish. In its entirety (5 seasons) this has to rank as one of the greatest tv shows ever made. Expand
  9. May 28, 2013
    I loved this series. From one of THE best pilots ever written for television to the much deserved Emmy award winning series finale, Friday Night Lights is show that has a lot of heart and it is not about football.

It's about being a fly on the wall in the fictitious town of Dillon, Texas. And while the town is absolutely football crazy, it is about adversity and friendship and loyalty and a town that has to come together after a tragedy. The coming of age stories are told through the prism of high school football. The coach and his guidance counselor wife are the parents we all wish we could have. They have what has been described as 'the best marriage on television,' in that it is a true partnership. This rock solid marriage anchors the show and allows for teenage angst and turmoil to storm all around them and yet the drama is resolved and does not veer out of control.

There is a famous 2nd season storyline that is highly criticized, but in fairness to the show occurred during a long writers strike and a shortened season when the show was cancelled by NBC and luckily picked up by DirectTV. While on NBC, the show was moved around and not allowed to pick up a core audience.

Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are stellar as Mr. and Mrs. Coach. And the younger stars: Adrienne Palicki, Scott Porter, Zach Gilford, Taylor Kitsch, Gaius Charles, Jesse Plemmons, Michael B. Jordan, Jurnee Smollett, and Matt Lauria are outstanding. You will see these talented actors in other roles again and again. Brad Leland, Louanne Stephens, Blue Deckert, Liz Mikel, and D.W. Moffett deserve shout-outs for their portrayals of the town's most flavorful character, as are other guest starts.

If you haven't seen the show, give it a 3 episode test and see if you don't become as hooked as I did. You won't be disappointed.

That is why the show is enjoying a much deserved 2nd life on Netflix, Amazon and DVDs.
  10. Aug 27, 2013
    i can watch the show over and over and over again. probably one of my all time favorite shows! need more shows like this one. it had everything a good television drama needed
  11. Aug 3, 2014
    Poignant writing, authentic directing, seamless producing, gorgeous acting, and realism & inspiration are all of the ingredients that make FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS one of the most beautifully executed shows in the history of Television.
  12. Aug 11, 2014
    I really loved this show. I had expected not to like it as much because I thought it would be primarily about high school football. But it;s rich in psychological depth through a number of characters and relationships. It's really well crafted drama.

1. The biggest and most pleasant surprise of the season.
    Surprisingly wise and moving.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Has the same quick-cut look, crisp dialogue and bone-crunching game scenes [ast the movie].