Friday Night Lights : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.1

1. Feb 27, 2013
    Based on the book and movie of the same name Friday Night Lights tells the story of the Dillon Panthers, a high school football team in a small Texan town where very little else of consequence takes place. With local radio stations dissecting every game in detail and virtually everyone in town taking an interest team members are treated like celebrities whilst new coach, Eric Taylor, findsBased on the book and movie of the same name Friday Night Lights tells the story of the Dillon Panthers, a high school football team in a small Texan town where very little else of consequence takes place. With local radio stations dissecting every game in detail and virtually everyone in town taking an interest team members are treated like celebrities whilst new coach, Eric Taylor, finds himself under pressure everywhere he goes.

Truth be told many of the storylines aren’t particularly original but the showrunners infuse proceedings with such a sense of realism and intensity that few other drama series can match that this isn’t really an issue. The excellent writing would of course would be nothing without some great performances whether it be from more experienced cast members, such as Kyle Chandler as coach Taylor and his wife played by Connie Britton, or younger stars, such as Zach Gilford as the initially shy Matt Saracen, who suddenly finds himself thrust into the limelight. Importantly the football scenes are also very well shot. Again this helps to maintain a sense of realism to the point where it is sometimes hard to believe you are not actually just watching a real game. All in all Friday Night Lights first season would rank amongst the best of any drama series and, whether or not you know anything about American Football, it is certainly worth a watch.
  2. Mar 29, 2013
    Friday Night Lights is one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. From the amazing chemistry, to the kind of show that just touches your heart. It's one of my favorite shows in quite a while.
  3. Aug 3, 2014
    Poignant writing, authentic directing, seamless producing, gorgeous acting, and realism & inspiration are all of the ingredients that make FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS one of the most beautifully executed shows in the history of Television.
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    An absolutely amazing series. I was put off initially by the football theme, but in essence this is just the backdrop to everything else going on. The entire cast are superb, but it is Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton that shine. Britton in particular should be an A list actress of the cinema with her stunning looks. Her performance is full of nuances and she is totally believable in everyAn absolutely amazing series. I was put off initially by the football theme, but in essence this is just the backdrop to everything else going on. The entire cast are superb, but it is Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton that shine. Britton in particular should be an A list actress of the cinema with her stunning looks. Her performance is full of nuances and she is totally believable in every scene. The shows writers are to be commended for the great restraint they show with their characters, and at times the show is extremely moving without being overly sentimental or mawkish. In its entirety (5 seasons) this has to rank as one of the greatest tv shows ever made. Expand
  5. Aug 17, 2010
    Without a doubt, Friday Night Lights is one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. The story is so well done and realistic that it makes you feel as if all these characters are real people who you could actually visit if you went to this small town in Texas. I highly recommend Friday Night Lights for anybody who is a fan of good TV.
  6. Oct 30, 2012
    Damn this show is tight. I am not really into the whole football culture that they have down there in Texas but that's not really the point of the show. Most of the characters are quite complex and what they have to go through feels very real. I don't remember seeing a show that painted rehab and the consequences of a serious injury like this before. It just felt right. I would definitelyDamn this show is tight. I am not really into the whole football culture that they have down there in Texas but that's not really the point of the show. Most of the characters are quite complex and what they have to go through feels very real. I don't remember seeing a show that painted rehab and the consequences of a serious injury like this before. It just felt right. I would definitely recommend it since it's nearly flawless. Expand
  7. Jul 5, 2012
    A must watch for thoughtful people-----The most gloriously honest, compelling, intelligent show I've ever seen on network TV, and maybe beyond. It's poignantly scripted, unnervingly well acted (UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are two of the best performers I've ever seen.), and gorgeously shot. I want to scream from the mountain tops about this show. ...REALA must watch for thoughtful people-----The most gloriously honest, compelling, intelligent show I've ever seen on network TV, and maybe beyond. It's poignantly scripted, unnervingly well acted (UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are two of the best performers I've ever seen.), and gorgeously shot. I want to scream from the mountain tops about this show. ...REAL ART on TV... I didn't know it was possible before FNL. Expand
  8. May 28, 2013
    I loved this series. From one of THE best pilots ever written for television to the much deserved Emmy award winning series finale, Friday Night Lights is show that has a lot of heart and it is not about football.

It's about being a fly on the wall in the fictitious town of Dillon, Texas. And while the town is absolutely football crazy, it is about adversity and friendship and loyalty and a town that has to come together after a tragedy. The coming of age stories are told through the prism of high school football. The coach and his guidance counselor wife are the parents we all wish we could have. They have what has been described as 'the best marriage on television,' in that it is a true partnership. This rock solid marriage anchors the show and allows for teenage angst and turmoil to storm all around them and yet the drama is resolved and does not veer out of control.

There is a famous 2nd season storyline that is highly criticized, but in fairness to the show occurred during a long writers strike and a shortened season when the show was cancelled by NBC and luckily picked up by DirectTV. While on NBC, the show was moved around and not allowed to pick up a core audience.

Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are stellar as Mr. and Mrs. Coach. And the younger stars: Adrienne Palicki, Scott Porter, Zach Gilford, Taylor Kitsch, Gaius Charles, Jesse Plemmons, Michael B. Jordan, Jurnee Smollett, and Matt Lauria are outstanding. You will see these talented actors in other roles again and again. Brad Leland, Louanne Stephens, Blue Deckert, Liz Mikel, and D.W. Moffett deserve shout-outs for their portrayals of the town's most flavorful character, as are other guest starts.

If you haven't seen the show, give it a 3 episode test and see if you don't become as hooked as I did. You won't be disappointed.

That is why the show is enjoying a much deserved 2nd life on Netflix, Amazon and DVDs.
  9. Aug 11, 2014
    I really loved this show. I had expected not to like it as much because I thought it would be primarily about high school football. But it;s rich in psychological depth through a number of characters and relationships. It's really well crafted drama.
  10. Jun 14, 2015
    Lovely show. You get engaged with the characters, understand their feelings and their actions and get involved in their daily trouble. From the start point focused on American Football, the show diverges into the character, social status, racism and other topics as progresses, maturing with the time. Even if the focus changes, the quality goes up as the seasons progress until you finishLovely show. You get engaged with the characters, understand their feelings and their actions and get involved in their daily trouble. From the start point focused on American Football, the show diverges into the character, social status, racism and other topics as progresses, maturing with the time. Even if the focus changes, the quality goes up as the seasons progress until you finish the series with the feeling of fulfilment.
    The series achieves transmitting deep emotions, while offering extremely good entertainment.
  11. MattW
    Oct 4, 2006
    I like that it is directed by the same guy who directed the movie. And they seem to use the same kind of music as well. Very well done. 10
  12. JosephW.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Smart, well-written, infinitely watchable television that feels like NBC stole a page out of HBO's playbook (excuse the bad sports analogy; but see good storying and solid acting in: all HBO shows).
  13. KayaJ
    Apr 3, 2007
    This is the most consistently beautiful and moving show on network tv. It's a stunning achievement that deserves all the praise that it receives. Bravo and thank you!
  14. BrentH.
    Jun 5, 2008
    This is the kind of show that will build in popularity as the" word of mouth" about how great it is, spreads. I bet it's already number 1 in West Texas.
  15. NathanW
    Nov 2, 2006
    I simply love the show. I don't know why, but I really like it. I would have never thought that I'd like a sports drama, but I do!
  16. ReggieW
    Oct 30, 2006
    Best show ever put on tv in my opinion.
  17. lucas
    Oct 3, 2006
    Variety Brian Lowry "Friday Night Lights" ultimately feels like one of those family programs middle America and conservatives pine for that too few of them actually bother to watch -- a portrait of decent, God-fearing folks wringing joy from America's game as an escape from their hardscrabble lives. ---- That sentiment is why "Friday Night Lights" will be a huge hit! America (middle Variety Brian Lowry "Friday Night Lights" ultimately feels like one of those family programs middle America and conservatives pine for that too few of them actually bother to watch -- a portrait of decent, God-fearing folks wringing joy from America's game as an escape from their hardscrabble lives. ---- That sentiment is why "Friday Night Lights" will be a huge hit! America (middle or otherwise) is sick of crap TV!! Perhaps a program featuring scantily clad teens murdering one another in a reality show setting starring Paris Hilton is more to his liking! Expand
  18. BrianT
    Oct 4, 2006
    Lots of potential, very good acting and I love the docudrama camera style the show uses.
  19. CameronS
    Oct 4, 2006
    Excellent new show! Its one of the new shows that I will definately keep watching. I really like the charectorizations in the show, the acting is really good and the show is actually family-friendly which is very rare these days!
  20. DallinM.
    Oct 21, 2007
    As a high school teacher and coach in Texas, all i can say is they are getting it right.
  21. BillD
    Apr 7, 2007
    Definitely one of the best shows on television over the past few years. I can't believe how low it's ratings are. It's better than anything on right now. Get it out of the Idol time slot. The writing, acting, music, everything is just off the charts.. Incredible show.
  22. AnaA.
    Feb 7, 2008
    i love this show its the greatest i hope they don't cancel it. I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  23. MeatG
    Mar 15, 2009
    From the opening theme to the closing credits this show twists my emotions with such a skillful blend of hope and despair that by the end I have lost track of what I am supposed to feel and am instead riding along with the triumphs and defeats of these incredibly real characters.
  24. carlosa
    this so cool
  25. mariel
    Oct 12, 2006
    The show is great. I love the documentary style which is unlike other teen dramas. The characters are true and you feel as though you can relate and feel their everyday pressures to stay on top and continue their dynasty. Not to mention that one of the leads (character: Jason Street) is a very close friend of mine, but nevertheless has outstanding acting ability and we are so proud of him The show is great. I love the documentary style which is unlike other teen dramas. The characters are true and you feel as though you can relate and feel their everyday pressures to stay on top and continue their dynasty. Not to mention that one of the leads (character: Jason Street) is a very close friend of mine, but nevertheless has outstanding acting ability and we are so proud of him back home. All in all I was very impressed and hope the show continues to fair well in ratings to keep it at the prime time spot. Expand
  26. JacobM
    Oct 10, 2006
    The second episode was even better than the first.
  27. JohnnaN.
    Nov 2, 2006
    The best new show on TV!
  28. TonyB
    Oct 12, 2006
    Excellent drama. Unique show (not based on a crime or hospital) with an interesting documentary style direction and cinemaphotography.
  29. ChrisS
    Oct 17, 2006
    The scene last week where Street's girlfriend was feeding him a cookie was unreal. This show is simply amazing, as the New York Times put it, this show goes well beyond the realm of TV, and is simply a work of art.
  30. jakes
    Oct 2, 2006
    This is one of the best television shows i have seen in a long long time. it captures everything you want to see in a show. the charcters are so well written and executed by the actors that you feel like you know them and the suspense, intrigue, and excitemnt you feel while watching it is overwhelming. i hope this stays on for years to come - it is that good.
  31. DominickS
    Dec 28, 2006
    Remarkable stuff. I'm 45 years old and not one prone to gushing over TV shows.... but this is truly an exceptional program. Rather than provide a laundry list of the ways this show distinguishes iteself from anything else on commercial TV, I'll just give one very small example. One of the secondary characters in the show is named Buddy Garrity. He's the father of one of the Remarkable stuff. I'm 45 years old and not one prone to gushing over TV shows.... but this is truly an exceptional program. Rather than provide a laundry list of the ways this show distinguishes iteself from anything else on commercial TV, I'll just give one very small example. One of the secondary characters in the show is named Buddy Garrity. He's the father of one of the female leads (Lyla Garrity), and a booster for the football program. To top it off, he's a car salesman. There was a scene where he was involved in negotiating accomodations with the officials of a school the team would be playing in an all-black (or nearly anyway) city. In discussing with the coach's wife (the other school representative) how they should approach the negotiations, he made a not-too-veiled racist remark. Something like "You know how these people are...." Now in most every other show I've ever seen, that would be a signal to expect two things. First, a passionate dramatic rebuke by the coaches wife. And second that he would be uniformly sleazy in all aspects of his character, having no redeeming features whatsoever. That is, he would become a charicature. A racist, car-dealer....surely the devil himself! Niether happened. Instead the coaches while, somewhat taken aback, just continued her dialog with him, taking care of business. That is, she dealt with it like a NORMAL PERSON would. And later we got to see the Garrity character dealing with his daughter's anguish over becoming a school pariah. How does he act? Like a loving dad. Not a Father-Knows-Best. But surely a father who loves his daughter with all his soul. Again, a real, abeit seriously flawed character. I could give similar examples for every character. Suffice it to say that if you're interested in interesting, well-spun stories about REAL people, please please check out this show. You won't regret it. Dominick Expand
  32. KaraB
    Oct 27, 2006
    Best show on TV. My teeage kids and all their friends agree. Because it is on early we TIVO it and have people over during the weekend to watch and catch up.
  33. joanw
    Oct 31, 2006
    Love this show. It depicts so many human emotions and inactions in the context of football. It is very good.
  34. ErikS
    Oct 31, 2006
    Great show. Catch up with it on nbc.com if you've missed it so far. Finally, a good show on TV. Support it!
  35. mgsc
    Oct 3, 2006
    Excellent pilot...somewhere between the book (classic) and the movie (pretty good but watered down) in terms of quality. I suspect Mr. Storm from the Philly Enquirer had to endure endless wedgies from jocks in high school.
  36. LilaMcC
    Wow. Fabulous. Wow.
  37. DawnC
    Oct 4, 2006
    amazing new show, best this season yet!!!
  38. C.B.
    Oct 4, 2006
    Good TV is hard to come by. This is good. Kyle Chandler is fantastic.
  39. marcoa
    Oct 6, 2006
    amazing
  40. MichaelM
    Nov 10, 2007
    I wish more people would watch this series. It's without a doubt the best dramatic series on television. I couldn't have less interest in football or any strong connetion to Texas. It's simply the strong acting, intelligent storytelling and terrific writing that keep me going back every week.
  41. TomM
    Oct 2, 2007
    Best show on television for the last 5 years.
  42. JackieV
    Jan 4, 2007
    Best show on this tv season and lots of others seasons. Reminds me of Hill Street Blues which struggled initially. Hope this show can be saved because it is excellent. NBC is going for the younger demog raphics with the website featuring all the young actors, however, it is a mistake not to feature Kyle Chandler. He definitely has high appeal the middle age group. I still remember his Best show on this tv season and lots of others seasons. Reminds me of Hill Street Blues which struggled initially. Hope this show can be saved because it is excellent. NBC is going for the younger demog raphics with the website featuring all the young actors, however, it is a mistake not to feature Kyle Chandler. He definitely has high appeal the middle age group. I still remember his performance on Grey's Anatomy . Grey's messed up bad by getting rid of Denny. A LOT OF WOMEN WERE UPSET. Kyle Chandler has that same type of appeal to women. This might be a stupid suggestion but whe the football season ends soon start showing it on Friday nights when fans are in football withdrawal. I hope Wednesday end up being an improvement... if not .. give it a thought. We need to save this show! Expand
  43. CamS
    Feb 1, 2007
    Great
  44. JenniferR
    Feb 19, 2007
    The best show on network television, it would be a shame to have only one season. The acting, directing, and storylines are far superior to anything else offered in prime time.
  45. anonymous
    Feb 8, 2007
    I love this show. I look forward to Friday Night Lights each week. I hope this series has a long and successful run on television.
  46. WarrenD
    Mar 1, 2007
    Brilliant. Watching it on ITV4 in Pommieland at the moment.
  47. dwsholl
    Mar 2, 2007
    Terrific bit of Americana. Unusually good casting for a TV show and wouldn't replace any of them!
  48. KrisP
    Mar 23, 2007
    The movie was awesome, this is even better. Hopefully they'll continue on with a second season.
  49. LuisR
    Mar 4, 2007
    So far, this has been one of the best single seasons of TV I've ever seen.
  50. ZinaD
    Apr 4, 2007
    Please have this return to NBC next season. It is the best show in such long time. It is different and enjoyable.
  51. MichaelK
    Apr 9, 2007
    Amazing show. Very fun to watch.
  52. BethB
    Jun 28, 2007
    I didn't watch this during the season because I thought I wasn't interested in a football drama, but am watching it online and love it--great writing, complex characters, and the coach and his wife are one of the most realistic but lovling couples I've seen.
  53. Jessica
    Aug 16, 2007
    love it, love it, love it! Can't wait til it returns.
  54. Alex
    Mar 17, 2008
    This is a great show which I hope comes back into the programming.
  55. JohnnaN.
    The best new show on TV!
  56. jl
    best series this season.
  57. Lester
    It isn
  58. ColinC
    Nov 29, 2006
    I'm enjoying this show a great deal. Having never lived in a small town or even been into football, I'm finding this a fascinating look at a way of life I know virtually nothing about. Hear it's not doing great in the ratings though. So I'm saying a little pray to the TV gods asking that it doesn't get cancelled.
  59. richardc
    Oct 12, 2006
    This show is amazing in its accuracy and Drama. I live in a small Texas town and football, just as it is portrayed in this show, is king. Friday nights are known for football and the town thrives on it.
  60. MikeL
    Nov 30, 2006
    Absolutely brilliant. Watch this show and when you love it, tell your friends to watch. Hoping it doesn't get cancelled
  61. chesterde
    Oct 14, 2006
    Finally, a show with real heart.
  62. paml
    Oct 15, 2006
    Outstanding new show. Incredibly good!
  63. mitchk
    Oct 18, 2006
    i rate would rate this t.v. show a 100 if i were allowed. it is the best show ever!
  64. JerryL
    Oct 19, 2006
    Great show. The characters are compelling, the production values are top notch, and the action very realistic. I really hope that the Nielsen numbers come around, because this show is too good to be cancelled...
  65. HanL
    Dec 11, 2006
    I'm at a loss to remember the last time I found a television drama as intelligent, engaging, and hewn to the highest standards as this one. Perhaps the first season of ER comes close. The acting, photography, and editing are all top notch, but it's the writing that keeps this viewer glued to the screen for the first time in a decade, perhaps more.
  66. ScottL
    Oct 20, 2006
    I love this show & I'm not even a football fan! Great acting--the best Kyle Chandler has ever done--superb writing, good story telling & hot babes! What more could you ask for? Great camera work too.
  67. LJBanatao
    Oct 2, 2006
    It is an amazing show that will definitely appeal to a wide range of viewers.
  68. JB
    Oct 23, 2006
    This is a great series. I loved the book and movie and will add this to my favorites list. Having been a high school football players Mom, some of this really hits home! I hope this show gets all the attention it deserves and gets the viewers it needs to continue the series
  69. MMJones
    Oct 29, 2006
    Extraordinary. A compassionate view of the details of life in a part of the country many folks like me know nothing about. The kids, the adults, the situations are touchingly real-life; the acting transcends everything (other than "House") on TV.
  70. heidw
    Oct 31, 2006
    it is a really good show and i love it
  71. ColbyS
    Oct 30, 2006
    As a college athlete this is the most accurate sports movie/show/mini-series, etc, I have ever seen. The emotion is real, the conflcts w/ the team show the real aspects that "high pressure to win" athletes and coaches go through during the season. Even with football set aside, the story-lines of players, coaches, and their families are compelling as well as entertaining.
  72. AnthonyM
    Jan 16, 2007
    The show is great and i watch it every week. I especially like Jesse Plemons in the show for his on point theatrical skills and what he brings out for the rest of the characters. I'm extremely looking forward to watching the last few episodes. keep it up cast.
  73. EricL
    Jan 31, 2007
    Wow. I've just seen the last 3 eps and I'm kicking myself for not watching earlier. As good as anything on TV, broadcast or cable, in the last 20 years. I could go on for pages....but please do watch this gem of a work. EL
  74. TylerB
    Jan 4, 2007
    Best show, of ALL-TIME!
  75. mstaff
    Feb 11, 2007
    One of those shows that is so bad it's good! I CAN'T stop watching it!
  76. birthsherpa
    Feb 12, 2007
    My mom was recently paralyzed in a bicycle accident. I was upset that there weren't more people with disabilities represented on TV. This show does it well, and they've done their homework on spinal cord injuries and quad rugby.
  77. sues
    Feb 22, 2007
    Without a doubt, this is the best show presently on the tube
  78. JessieD
    Feb 9, 2007
    This show is awesome. There is nothing else on television that compares! I will sell my soul to NBC if we get another season!
  79. ENewt
    Mar 16, 2007
    The best show on television. Bar none.
  80. KatieR
    Mar 29, 2007
    Brilliant, beautiful, perfect. Television as art.
  81. BonnieE
    Apr 1, 2007
    Want more seasons.
  82. chrish
    Apr 12, 2007
    By far, the best show on TV!
  83. LisaT
    Apr 14, 2007
    Best show in years! All actors are perfectly cast-head coach and wife are a hot and interesting couple for older people to watch. Get this show a time slot away from American Idol and it will explode! Please bring it back next season!!!
  84. BoB
    Apr 2, 2007
    By far the best show on TV! Possibly the best show EVER!!! Let's just hope gives us enough years to make that statement a reality! Watch it... you'll get addicted!
  85. LucyJ
    Apr 22, 2007
    I am not a foodball fan, but I cannot help but enjoy Friday Night Lights. Each and every episode is a refreshing relief from the ridiculous overabudance of reality programs, game shows, and fantasy dramas. I certainly hope NBC realizes the potential of this program and what a future-ratings gem it will be!
  86. ericau
    Apr 3, 2007
    best show on nbc. if they get rid of it their making a huge mistake!
  87. GregH
    Apr 5, 2007
    I may be a bit older than the average viewer for this show (mid 40s), but I'm hooked. My feeling is that FNL is the best television show ever aired, and I have a lot to compare it to. I actually came a little late to the show (about week 4), but thanks to the free eps on NBC.com, I'm now hooked and a rabid fan. This is the kind of show that actually makes you want to be loyal to I may be a bit older than the average viewer for this show (mid 40s), but I'm hooked. My feeling is that FNL is the best television show ever aired, and I have a lot to compare it to. I actually came a little late to the show (about week 4), but thanks to the free eps on NBC.com, I'm now hooked and a rabid fan. This is the kind of show that actually makes you want to be loyal to the advertisers. Great job NBC for taking a chance on this show. Expand
  88. AJF
    Apr 7, 2007
    Best acting on network TV. The coach and wife are a phenomenal TV couple.
  89. AlexisL
    Apr 9, 2007
    this is the best show on television right now!! it is extreamly easy to relate to, and has wonderful acting! i am totally addicted! I hope this show has another season!!!
  90. AilssaM
    Apr 9, 2007
    the best show!!! as a teenager, totally realistic and easy to relate to
  91. BetsyE.
    Jun 25, 2007
    heartbreaking, realistic, touching, you name it.... characters you really, really care about.. The best show on television
  92. andyl
    Jul 5, 2007
    Best show on tv. Smart and keeps you on the edge of your seat. It's amazing!
  93. BrookeM.
    Aug 18, 2007
    LOVE this show. After rumors of Rosie O'Donnell appearing this fall, we may be less likely to watch. She is to controversial for such an already great show. Keep Rosie out.
  94. GailC.
    Aug 5, 2007
    I love this show - I know nothing about football, and it doesn't matter. I've lived in small towns and this is so real it's tangible. The acting is superb - I've loved Kyle Chandler since "Homefront" and Connie Britton is a relvalation taking her role way beyone the film version. Cannot wait for the new season, hope more people check this one out!
  95. Toddw.
    Sep 30, 2007
    it is an amazing show and accurately depicts the pressures of highschool football.
  96. MichaelH
    Jan 18, 2008
    This is the best thing on television in a long time...as good or better than the first season of Lost. The writing is just amazing, the directing amazing, the acting amazing. Unfortunately stuck in the Friday night slot by NBC. I would compare it to some of the best pieces of TV "art" like the Sopranos...for that matter many excellent movies. In fact, some of the currently top rated This is the best thing on television in a long time...as good or better than the first season of Lost. The writing is just amazing, the directing amazing, the acting amazing. Unfortunately stuck in the Friday night slot by NBC. I would compare it to some of the best pieces of TV "art" like the Sopranos...for that matter many excellent movies. In fact, some of the currently top rated movies on this site (No Country for Old Men) are different but maybe not even as good as this show. Expand
  97. CindyB
    Feb 22, 2008
    This is one of the best shows on television. The writing and the acting are excellent. I look forward to watching the show every week.
  98. DavidW.
    Aug 18, 2008
    Literally one of the best shows I have ever seen on a network. Solid acting and often very moving and inspiring.
  99. JoAnnG
    Jan 16, 2009
    One of the few TV shows that I watch. It is very good.
  100. ToriG
    Jan 21, 2009
    This show is like a movie that keeps on going! LOVE IT! I was converted to the show and now I can't give it up:)

1. The biggest and most pleasant surprise of the season.
    Surprisingly wise and moving.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Has the same quick-cut look, crisp dialogue and bone-crunching game scenes [ast the movie].