Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.1

1. TonyT
    Feb 7, 2007
    I Tivo this show every week. It has to be the stupidest written show on TV. It is so unrealistic. It's been 35 years since high school but I doubt if it's anything like what is portrayed on this show.
  2. DrakeH
    Oct 10, 2006
    oh my...seriously...lead paint is better for you
  3. jacobt
    Dec 8, 2006
    Camera work made me want to puke. Nice cast though
  4. RobD
    Oct 30, 2006
    The hype for this show is laughable. The show is largely overwrought, cliched nonsense. The second episode (which was the first one I saw) wasn't half bad--it showed a pretty decent portrayal of a football hungry town's dependence on football and the documentary style footage was a nice touch. The show has deteriorated rapidly into a teen soap opera. Characters (especially The hype for this show is laughable. The show is largely overwrought, cliched nonsense. The second episode (which was the first one I saw) wasn't half bad--it showed a pretty decent portrayal of a football hungry town's dependence on football and the documentary style footage was a nice touch. The show has deteriorated rapidly into a teen soap opera. Characters (especially Voodoo) exist only for the purposes of plot contrivance. I saw so many tired and overused motifs in tonight's episode that I wanted to vomit. Voodoo's behavior was extremely unrealistic and served only the purpose of setting up a Rocky Balboa-esque performance by the underdog Saracen, despite the fact that he was typically a noodle-armed louse just a week or so earlier in practice. Expand
  5. JohnD
    Oct 5, 2006
    Then again, I didn't like the movie, either.
  6. JulieC
    Oct 6, 2006
    This show was so predictable and created drama where there was none. Highly disappointing. It's football, a game, the artifically created drama was undeveloped.
  7. ZenH.
    Oct 5, 2007
    The camera work sucks on this show! None of my buds are I can stand to watch. They need to book some good handhelds! Big time. The look is so amateurish--like a TV Production 101 crew shooting every episode!
  8. joep.
    Jul 10, 2007
    Couldn't get into it at all, found it really boring.
  9. BillJ
    Nov 10, 2006
    Either the critics were watching a completely different show, or NBC offered them bribes by the boatload. This show is white trash, literally. But I admire NBC's sleaziness. They created a show that includes everything Americans desire in entertainment---sex (and lots of it), and football football football! How can they go wrong? Now, as for the football scenes, it almost felt like I Either the critics were watching a completely different show, or NBC offered them bribes by the boatload. This show is white trash, literally. But I admire NBC's sleaziness. They created a show that includes everything Americans desire in entertainment---sex (and lots of it), and football football football! How can they go wrong? Now, as for the football scenes, it almost felt like I was playing a Madden game. The commentary was horid, the cinementography was about as basic as one can get, and the crowds overeggaterated reactions were laughably amusing! B movie studd all the way... Skip this show, and watch old tapes of your own high school football games. I'm sure laughing at yourself would be much more enjoyable then laughing at the characters on this show! Expand
  10. JudyD
    Nov 1, 2006
    The show would be great if they would leave all the SEX out of it. I know kids are having sex but it show like these that are promoting it. My son plays high school football and loves to watch this show but last nights episode went way too far with all the bedroom scenes. Teenagers do not need shows to promote sex they can figure it out on there own. I don't need my son thinking he The show would be great if they would leave all the SEX out of it. I know kids are having sex but it show like these that are promoting it. My son plays high school football and loves to watch this show but last nights episode went way too far with all the bedroom scenes. Teenagers do not need shows to promote sex they can figure it out on there own. I don't need my son thinking he needs to be like those football players having sex he has enough peer pressure as it is. Expand
  11. roys
    Oct 18, 2006
    Varsity Blues, thats all it is
  12. BillC.
    Oct 19, 2006
    Sorry , Did I not get it? It seemed like a bunch of near "R" rated teen relationship clips. The movie was a lot better at telling the story. This seemed more about teen hormones than Texas H.S. Football. Yes , it can be a part of the story, but it leaned too heavy to one side. I doubt I'll watch it again. Good actors,cheap script.
  13. AnnaM
    Oct 31, 2006
    I was shocked! This show is all about Teen Sex, and it's a real shame. This could be a really good show if the producers would eliminate the senseless side plots of who's sleeping around with who.
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    This was the worst 2 minutes of my life. I saw the worst acting ever, even I could do better than that. Also it's about jockeys and people who were retarded about football, it was just stupid. This has a score that was 9.1 too high. horrible.
    Oct 4, 2006
    slept through this crap

1. The biggest and most pleasant surprise of the season.
    Surprisingly wise and moving.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Has the same quick-cut look, crisp dialogue and bone-crunching game scenes [ast the movie].