Friday Night Lights : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.1

1. MattW
    Oct 4, 2006
    I like that it is directed by the same guy who directed the movie. And they seem to use the same kind of music as well. Very well done. 10
  2. KayaJ
    Apr 3, 2007
    This is the most consistently beautiful and moving show on network tv. It's a stunning achievement that deserves all the praise that it receives. Bravo and thank you!
  3. BrentH.
    Jun 5, 2008
    This is the kind of show that will build in popularity as the" word of mouth" about how great it is, spreads. I bet it's already number 1 in West Texas.
  4. NathanW
    Nov 2, 2006
    I simply love the show. I don't know why, but I really like it. I would have never thought that I'd like a sports drama, but I do!
  5. ReggieW
    Oct 30, 2006
    Best show ever put on tv in my opinion.
  6. lucas
    Oct 3, 2006
    Variety Brian Lowry "Friday Night Lights" ultimately feels like one of those family programs middle America and conservatives pine for that too few of them actually bother to watch -- a portrait of decent, God-fearing folks wringing joy from America's game as an escape from their hardscrabble lives. ---- That sentiment is why "Friday Night Lights" will be a huge hit! America (middle Variety Brian Lowry "Friday Night Lights" ultimately feels like one of those family programs middle America and conservatives pine for that too few of them actually bother to watch -- a portrait of decent, God-fearing folks wringing joy from America's game as an escape from their hardscrabble lives. ---- That sentiment is why "Friday Night Lights" will be a huge hit! America (middle or otherwise) is sick of crap TV!! Perhaps a program featuring scantily clad teens murdering one another in a reality show setting starring Paris Hilton is more to his liking! Expand
  7. CameronS
    Oct 4, 2006
    Excellent new show! Its one of the new shows that I will definately keep watching. I really like the charectorizations in the show, the acting is really good and the show is actually family-friendly which is very rare these days!
  8. DallinM.
    Oct 21, 2007
    As a high school teacher and coach in Texas, all i can say is they are getting it right.
  9. BillD
    Apr 7, 2007
    Definitely one of the best shows on television over the past few years. I can't believe how low it's ratings are. It's better than anything on right now. Get it out of the Idol time slot. The writing, acting, music, everything is just off the charts.. Incredible show.
  10. AnaA.
    Feb 7, 2008
    i love this show its the greatest i hope they don't cancel it. I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  11. MeatG
    Mar 15, 2009
    From the opening theme to the closing credits this show twists my emotions with such a skillful blend of hope and despair that by the end I have lost track of what I am supposed to feel and am instead riding along with the triumphs and defeats of these incredibly real characters.
  12. carlosa
    Nov 1, 2006
    this so cool
  13. mariel
    Oct 12, 2006
    The show is great. I love the documentary style which is unlike other teen dramas. The characters are true and you feel as though you can relate and feel their everyday pressures to stay on top and continue their dynasty. Not to mention that one of the leads (character: Jason Street) is a very close friend of mine, but nevertheless has outstanding acting ability and we are so proud of him The show is great. I love the documentary style which is unlike other teen dramas. The characters are true and you feel as though you can relate and feel their everyday pressures to stay on top and continue their dynasty. Not to mention that one of the leads (character: Jason Street) is a very close friend of mine, but nevertheless has outstanding acting ability and we are so proud of him back home. All in all I was very impressed and hope the show continues to fair well in ratings to keep it at the prime time spot. Expand
  14. JacobM
    Oct 10, 2006
    The second episode was even better than the first.
  15. JohnnaN.
    Nov 2, 2006
    The best new show on TV!
  16. TonyB
    Oct 12, 2006
    Excellent drama. Unique show (not based on a crime or hospital) with an interesting documentary style direction and cinemaphotography.
  17. ChrisS
    Oct 17, 2006
    The scene last week where Street's girlfriend was feeding him a cookie was unreal. This show is simply amazing, as the New York Times put it, this show goes well beyond the realm of TV, and is simply a work of art.
  18. jakes
    Oct 2, 2006
    This is one of the best television shows i have seen in a long long time. it captures everything you want to see in a show. the charcters are so well written and executed by the actors that you feel like you know them and the suspense, intrigue, and excitemnt you feel while watching it is overwhelming. i hope this stays on for years to come - it is that good.
  19. DominickS
    Dec 28, 2006
    Remarkable stuff. I'm 45 years old and not one prone to gushing over TV shows.... but this is truly an exceptional program. Rather than provide a laundry list of the ways this show distinguishes iteself from anything else on commercial TV, I'll just give one very small example. One of the secondary characters in the show is named Buddy Garrity. He's the father of one of the Remarkable stuff. I'm 45 years old and not one prone to gushing over TV shows.... but this is truly an exceptional program. Rather than provide a laundry list of the ways this show distinguishes iteself from anything else on commercial TV, I'll just give one very small example. One of the secondary characters in the show is named Buddy Garrity. He's the father of one of the female leads (Lyla Garrity), and a booster for the football program. To top it off, he's a car salesman. There was a scene where he was involved in negotiating accomodations with the officials of a school the team would be playing in an all-black (or nearly anyway) city. In discussing with the coach's wife (the other school representative) how they should approach the negotiations, he made a not-too-veiled racist remark. Something like "You know how these people are...." Now in most every other show I've ever seen, that would be a signal to expect two things. First, a passionate dramatic rebuke by the coaches wife. And second that he would be uniformly sleazy in all aspects of his character, having no redeeming features whatsoever. That is, he would become a charicature. A racist, car-dealer....surely the devil himself! Niether happened. Instead the coaches while, somewhat taken aback, just continued her dialog with him, taking care of business. That is, she dealt with it like a NORMAL PERSON would. And later we got to see the Garrity character dealing with his daughter's anguish over becoming a school pariah. How does he act? Like a loving dad. Not a Father-Knows-Best. But surely a father who loves his daughter with all his soul. Again, a real, abeit seriously flawed character. I could give similar examples for every character. Suffice it to say that if you're interested in interesting, well-spun stories about REAL people, please please check out this show. You won't regret it. Dominick Expand
  20. KaraB
    Oct 27, 2006
    Best show on TV. My teeage kids and all their friends agree. Because it is on early we TIVO it and have people over during the weekend to watch and catch up.
  21. joanw
    Oct 31, 2006
    Love this show. It depicts so many human emotions and inactions in the context of football. It is very good.
  22. ErikS
    Oct 31, 2006
    Great show. Catch up with it on nbc.com if you've missed it so far. Finally, a good show on TV. Support it!
  23. mgsc
    Oct 3, 2006
    Excellent pilot...somewhere between the book (classic) and the movie (pretty good but watered down) in terms of quality. I suspect Mr. Storm from the Philly Enquirer had to endure endless wedgies from jocks in high school.
  24. LilaMcC
    Wow. Fabulous. Wow.
  25. DawnC
    Oct 4, 2006
    amazing new show, best this season yet!!!
  26. marcoa
    Oct 6, 2006
    amazing
  27. MichaelM
    Nov 10, 2007
    I wish more people would watch this series. It's without a doubt the best dramatic series on television. I couldn't have less interest in football or any strong connetion to Texas. It's simply the strong acting, intelligent storytelling and terrific writing that keep me going back every week.
  28. TomM
    Oct 2, 2007
    Best show on television for the last 5 years.
  29. JackieV
    Jan 4, 2007
    Best show on this tv season and lots of others seasons. Reminds me of Hill Street Blues which struggled initially. Hope this show can be saved because it is excellent. NBC is going for the younger demog raphics with the website featuring all the young actors, however, it is a mistake not to feature Kyle Chandler. He definitely has high appeal the middle age group. I still remember his Best show on this tv season and lots of others seasons. Reminds me of Hill Street Blues which struggled initially. Hope this show can be saved because it is excellent. NBC is going for the younger demog raphics with the website featuring all the young actors, however, it is a mistake not to feature Kyle Chandler. He definitely has high appeal the middle age group. I still remember his performance on Grey's Anatomy . Grey's messed up bad by getting rid of Denny. A LOT OF WOMEN WERE UPSET. Kyle Chandler has that same type of appeal to women. This might be a stupid suggestion but whe the football season ends soon start showing it on Friday nights when fans are in football withdrawal. I hope Wednesday end up being an improvement... if not .. give it a thought. We need to save this show! Expand
  30. CamS
    Feb 1, 2007
    Great

1. The biggest and most pleasant surprise of the season.
    Surprisingly wise and moving.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Has the same quick-cut look, crisp dialogue and bone-crunching game scenes [ast the movie].