• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 9, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.9

1. Sep 24, 2010
    Disturbingly good. I get a palpable sense of tension and dread at what may be going on for the "trapped" character(s?) and those whose lives are effected. This could easily (and still might) go wrong with a move towards moustache twirling eeeee-vil by Walternate or "Olive"/Dunham the Olympian, but for now the opener was really strong stuff as thriller and sci-fi.
  2. Mar 5, 2011
    I avoided watching this show when it started on general principle: I hate being one of a 'crowd'. But damn was I wrong. I got stuck into Season 1 on dvd and ran out to buy Season 2 after only watching the pilot and the next 3 episodes. I just finished Season 2 (after a marathon week of work-Fringe-sleep-work-Fringe-sleep...etc) and and consider myself a fan. And I"m not embarrassed in the least to admit it! Great work Expand
  3. Sep 18, 2011
    Fringe is a must watch show.Anna Torv as Olivia is amazing .I wouldn't live without Fringe.I've been hooked since it started.You only want more and more Fringe.
  4. Jan 25, 2012
    Fringe is simply amazing and John Noble is as well. It's the best sci-fi show in T.V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Nov 6, 2010
    In opinion this is the best season yet of an already fantastic show. Not only does Fringe have an addicting plot, great special effects and intense action sequences, it also has likable characters that carry out the story and make you want to come back each week.
  6. Nov 18, 2010
    This is one of the best shows on TV. It has better character development and consistently good plots than any other SciFi show. It is better than the X-Files and Outer Limits, and JJ Abrams and this crew make the genre shine.
  7. Mar 18, 2011
    Fringe is a must watch show. it's incredible. The acting from all cast is outstanding. It's the best sci-fi show in T.V right now. The show has such great characters Olivia (my favourite) , Walter Peter Philip Nina Astrid Charlie and that new guy Lee (Did i miss anyone?) . Best season! Watch it live!
    10 points for Fringe! f
  8. Oct 19, 2010
    Very well done, which I can say for only a few TV shows these days... Just give up already survivor no one cares any more. Excelent acting and excelent plot hope this series continues for a long time.
  9. Sep 24, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not a bad opener episode: thrilling, action-filled, and interesting from a character perspective (Olivia). Sets up what we can expect for the next few episodes and started building some new conflicts. Unfortunately, they are not conflicts I'm excited about seeing. I can only hope the "swap" doesn't last too long. Last season I was enjoying Fringe's take on the alternate universe cliche which is ubiquitous in science fiction. They were executing it in a way that felt fresh... that it was not easy to cross between the two, and the brewing conflict of war because only one would survive. And the differences between the two realities was subtle (like the zeppelins) and cool. But now, with the whole "oh no, Oliiva's been swapped out! watch out Walter and Peter, it's not her!!!" it's starting to feel very rehashed. It's something I've seen too frequently and if it goes for more than 2-3 episodes I will be frustrated. Expand
  10. Sep 24, 2010
    Overall, an amazing return for Fringe. The plot and twists are great and the acting was good as usual. I like where their going with this. I've been watching Fringe from the very beginning and have been hooked by its claws ever since. I've only ever noticed a few hiccups in the early shows but they have never taken away from the engaging storyline. JJ did good on this show, however I'm skeptical about his new one. I guess I just need to watch it then. This is the show I "need" to watch every week. Its that good.

So, in conclusion, Fringe has had a successful return and jumped right back in to the suspense it left us with last season.
  11. Nov 29, 2010
    Wow. All of the problems with Fringe have pretty much been ironed out - Anna Torv shows a ton of range, the action is great, the setup (parallel universes) is being used to its max.

Honestly the best Sci-Fi TV I've seen in years.
  12. Oct 13, 2010
    With another season, this amazing TV show delivers more of its odd, sci-fi feel. Not many shows have tried what this series has, and that's why this is so great. Hopefully, Abrams will delve more into what the alternate dimension is, something that had me intrigued when Season 2 ended.
  13. Oct 13, 2010
    Definately one of the best shows on telly at the moment. From J.J Abrams, the genius behind Star Treks reimagining and one of the best shows ever, Lost, comes this piece of work. It may begin like an X-Files rip-off, but trust me, it becomes so much more than that, delving into its mythology with Observers and parallel worlds, by season 3, this is grade A work. Just hope season 3 doesn't waver off course Expand
  14. Oct 18, 2010
    I don't think there's another show at this moment that can top Fringe. Each week it continues to mesmerize us and keep us clinged to the tv. The performances from the actors are sublime, especially Anna Torv who portrays two versions of her character very convincingly. J.J. Abrams has delivered a piece of art if you ask me. So kuddos to him, the cast and crew, because this is exactly how I want to be entertained. Expand
  15. Oct 18, 2010
    Anna Torv is amazing in this third season! She really makes Alt-Olivia and Olivia convincingly different. Joshua Jackson rounds out Peter's character with skill. John Noble plays Walter with such a subtlety of feeling--he is an extraordinary actor. All of the shows main characters are compellingly interesting. Each episode leaves me wanting more, more, more. Fox, please don't cancel this excellent show! Expand
  16. Nov 21, 2010
    This new season is absolutely mind blowing and putting fringe in the same upper echelon of tv shows that include lost and battlestar galactica. The absolute best tv show on tv right now and doesnt look like its gonna slow down anytime soon
  17. Nov 29, 2010
    Wow! I'm not a TV watcher. This show has me captivated. I've been trying to catch up, watching past shows on-line. The plots have been nothing short of brilliant. Even the characters and their development are outstanding. This is clearly the king of mind-science thrillers.
  18. Dec 1, 2010
    Fringe is an amazing show, one of the best on TV and most definitely the best on FOX. It's move to the FDS (Friday Death Slot) is a depressing move by the network and potentially an end to a beautiful show. But Lie to Me there Fox, at least fringe isn't the same story every week.
  19. Dec 5, 2010
    The best season of fringe to date. I can´t get enough of it. Excelent acting and plot. I wish they would not skip so many thursdays. I hope we will get to see season 4.
  20. Dec 7, 2010
    season 3 is just great! the show is getting better and better. excelent acting and excelent plot.
    hope this series continues for a long time.
  21. Dec 11, 2010
    Fringe grabs me. I'm in love with Olivia. Peter's a bad ass. All I want to do is take care of Walter and make sure Broiles isn't too stressed out. The relationships are what make this show tic. It just happens to be about science fiction. The scifi stuff is cool and fun to imagine but the way the characters interact is what has me watching every episode. Thanks for great entertainment!
  22. Jan 20, 2011
    The season so far has been great.The storyline has been excellent and the acting has been stellar all around,especially Anna Torv and of course John Noble as Walter.It would disgust me if FOX were to cancel it as it is currently the best show on any of the four major networks(ABC,FOX,NBC,CBS)and a top 10 show overall.
  23. Mar 18, 2011
    This was the 3rd best season of Fringe. Still on the edge of my seat. It is NOTHING like the X-files, besides the fact that both are about companies exploring the unexplainable. Again, it's NOT an X-files copy. Anna Torv is at her peak of acting in this season and the best acting still comes from John Noble (Dr Walter Bishop). This show is well done and I can't wait to watch every single episode.
  24. Mar 17, 2011
    Fringe season 3 is like, Fringe season 1 and 2, gone WILD!!!!! It is so well written, Brad Anderson's directing is INCREDIBLE, the story's, the actors, EVERYTHING!!!! JUST WATCH! You'll see what I mean.
  25. Mar 27, 2011
    This season gives us the same intrigue it gave us the first 2 seasons. But there have been several episodes where it became a drag to watch, such as the episode which showed Peter and Olivia during their childhood. I had to skip several scenes just to keep me from squirming in my chair. But when the focus shifted back to the Fringe division and their cases and Walter and his weird science, it became fun again. The writers just have to find a way to keep those flashbacks to a minimum but still be able to tell the story they want it to be told. It takes a certain skill, but I'm sure they would be able to do it. Doing a full episode of flashback is a bit of a drag, since nothing exciting would be happening. If either peter or olivia died then, then the present episodes wouldn't have been made (just a thought). Expand
  26. Apr 6, 2011
    Due to excellent writing, a bizarre yet believable universe, some great acting, and a bit of real science sprinkled here and there to keep things interesting, Fringe has easily become the best show currently on television period.
  27. May 17, 2014
    In its third season Fringe decided to do things all its own way and, while it occasionally went down the typical JJ Abrams route of looking like things were made up as they went along, it developed into one of the most intriguing and exciting sci-fi shows seen on television. Splitting the episodes almost evenly across the two alternate universes viewers are asked to invest a significant amount of time in a whole set of new characters, even if they are mostly just different versions of those we already know. Had it been handled incorrectly this could have proved a disaster but as it is it helped to bring a whole new perspective to those living on ‘Earth 2’, making us invest in their plight and demonstrating that they are not just the ‘bad guys’ that need defeating.

There is still the odd slightly predictable ‘monster of the week episode’ in the middle of the season and, as with all sci-fi shows, there are plot holes for those they are determined to find them but overall Fringe’s third season made for top notch viewing.
  28. Jun 2, 2011
    To say the least, I was really disappointed by this season of Fringe. A show with this much potential deserves better writing, especially with the lead actors (notably Torv and Noble) and guest stars (Seth Gabel, Kirk Acevedo, Michael Eklund, Alan Ruck, Paula Malcomson, and many more) giving such amazing performances. Although this season contained one of my least favourite episodes (6955 kHz), it also contained some really excellent ones (The Plateau, Amber 31422). However, after a strong start, the show degraded into clichéd plot points, stilted dialogue, and seemingly unnecessary elements that only served to jumble the plot. Don't even get me started about "soul magnets". The episodes that take place 'over here' became increasingly difficult to watch as quirky habits of characters were accentuated to an almost caricature-like level. I wanted to see new sides of Peter and Walter, but all I was handed were the recycled bits that once made these characters amiable. With no source of new material, I turned to the 'over there' episodes for something better. And I certainly found it; I found myself falling in love with the differences displayed in the world and characters of the 'other side'. I loved seeing the contrast of the slightly deviated reality (West Wing posters, The Red Lantern, etc.) and the depth given to the alternate Fringe Division, especially the alternate Olivia and Agent Lee. I started to become more and more deeply invested in this other reality, to a point where I wished that this was the only universe I had to watch.
    Back on 'our side', deus ex machina was running rampant. There were so many times in this season where an "Oh, it just so happens that..." or "Well, we didn't tell you this before, but..." moment occurred that I eventually had to just tune out my vexation and accept that it was going to keep happening. Suddenly, everything was directly related to Olivia, Peter, or Walter ('soul magnets', 'the crow bar', 'the doomsday machine') that my suspension of disbelief began to slip away. Sometimes, its better for characters to not be TOO special. Need I mention Torv's Leonard Nemoy impression?
    All these components, the good and bad, ultimately culminate to the season finale. I won't spoil it for anyone reading (hopefully I haven't spoiled anything of importance so far in this review), but let me say that it is one of the higher moments in this season's bumpy ride. The final hour of Season Three was tense, fresh, and gave us something completely new - for the most part. Although not as mind-blowing or ingenious as the two-part Season Two conclusion, it was a breath of fresh air from the sometimes painful to watch wanderings of Season Three's storyline. But in the last few minutes, we are dropped back into what I liked least of all about this season. Mystery for the sake of mystery. The cliffhanger at the end of Season Two took me by complete surprise, but made a lot of sense in retrospect. It made me wonder what would happen next and kept me hooked and yearning for more. Season Three's cliffhanger ending literally came out of nowhere. Instead of making me want more, it left me wondering "Why the hell did they do that?"
    Now, don't get me wrong. I've been watching Fringe since the beginning, and I really love the show. Season 1 was a very promising and refreshing beginning, introducing a great new world and set of characters. Season 2 expanded on the world(s) introduced by the first, and tied together many previous plot points into an intricate web of tense, inventive storytelling. But in Season 3, the show's output became increasingly inconsistent. It has some incredible moments, but they are unfortunately strewn amid the muddle and mundanity of the intermediary bits. All I can do is hope that Season 4 of Fringe brings back what was lost in Season 3.
  29. Jun 9, 2011
    This show only gets better. I've been hooked since it started, and it never fails to keep you glued to the screen waiting for more. The character development and storyline work hand in hand to make a fantastic sci-fi show which beats most of the other shows on TV these days. Don't get me wrong, some of the storylines they introduced this season I initially doubted, but like always they end up making the craziest and most insane possibilities make... sense. Expand
  30. Jun 5, 2012
    The first half of this season is the best story arc in the show, and well worth a watch. The second half fails to impress to the same degree but is watchable nonetheless. However, it would be unfair and dishonest not to mention that the show jumps the shark in the last minute of the finale.
  31. Jul 10, 2012
    Fringe and its cast are simply the best. Season three is the best so far, and it's cast really show range. Anna Torv's Olivia and Fauxlivia are stellar, and John Noble's transition from "I love LSD!" Walter to stern, serious Walternate is just incredible. Fringe is the best sci-fi show on television.
  32. Oct 8, 2014
    This third season of Fringe truly is close to be one of the best sci-fi seasons that's been created.

The season finale is stunning, it made me ask a massive amount of questions about the events, so incredible! The season overall is the best so far, they just kept going where science never have been, which as a big sci-fi fan I truly enjoy. The Fringe show (so far) have always been
    entertaining to watch, but they all got some episodes that aren't that massive for my taste, but the amount of those have decreased, so the next season might score a 9.

The best season of Fringe to date.

The average score for each episode is: 7.96
    Fringe: Season 1 get a 8/10
  33. Oct 9, 2013
    Season three is the best season of Fringe, hands down. This show, consistently on the bubble of cancellation, pulled through due to it's dedicated fan base. Season three shows us that Fringe is not just about science, but it is about family, and espionage and rivalry etc. It's so bloody excellent I want to cry.

1. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 21, 2010
    I'm not giving up on the show, which was one of last year's best. But I don't want to spend weeks watching our Olivia suffer and their Olivia make Walter and Peter suffer. You have to give writers leeway to take you where they want to go--but at a certain point, commercial entertainment has to be entertaining, or there's no reason to watch.
    Rather than waiting for a future payoff, Fringe is cashing in with every episode, showing us the escalating war between worlds-and with likeable characters and compelling cases to boot. Ironically, it's by branching out in two different directions that the show has become, more than ever, the centerpiece of a hypercompetitive Thursday night lineup.
  3. I have to put in a good word for Fox's excellent Fringe, which returns with a strong episode tonight that helps demonstrate why Anna Torv was cast in the first place.