Fringe : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.3

1. caladoniak
    Feb 13, 2009
    Starts out a little weak, but the later episodes are incredible.
  2. JD
    Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings on this site will not at all represent this show, as they were taken from the first couple episodes, when Fringe was still good but seemed uninspired in a way and kind of like a "Mystery of the Day". Once about a third way in or so, though, it picked up incredibly and became much more than just a weekly freak science experiment. An overarching storyline and interesting Ratings on this site will not at all represent this show, as they were taken from the first couple episodes, when Fringe was still good but seemed uninspired in a way and kind of like a "Mystery of the Day". Once about a third way in or so, though, it picked up incredibly and became much more than just a weekly freak science experiment. An overarching storyline and interesting developments made for great television, and by the end was one of my favorite shows. WAAY better than a 67, and im sure the score for next season will be much better. I can't wait. Expand
  3. DanielS.
    Oct 16, 2009
    Fantastic concept, great writing, good acting, gripping story, the only thing that's needed is to perfect the concept that's already been laid down. It's a great idea, but it's still young and fresh. Over time it will build and Fringe will become something truly amazing.
  4. GailC
    May 9, 2009
    I believe this show has steadily improved since the pilot episode and has succeeded in capturing my interest, which is contrary to my predictions when it first began. I now really enjoy it!
  5. DanielK.
    Oct 12, 2008
    I'm hard to impress, but going in with absolutely no expectations, I became instantly in love with this show. The production values are incredibly top-notch. It feels like I'm watching a Hollywood blockbuster every episode. The acting is excellent, and so is the writing. A great mix of humor, mystery, and action. Great all around.
  6. Apr 23, 2011
    Huge fan of Fringe! Ever since the first episode this show has rocked every crazy thought of our reality and the world we live in! Great acting, great production value and cool effects, what more can i say, this show rocks!!
  7. RodericR.
    Sep 12, 2008
    The show was fantastic. The cast is identifiable and distinct, and though there have been many Mulder/Scully mentions AND I was a huge X-Files fan, its so different from X-Files. To me, its Outer Limits, X-Files, and CSI and rolled into one conspiracy-laden ball of TV enjoyment. Its Lost for sci-fi nerds who demand more nerdstuff. Fringe and 24, are the only two shows my family watches The show was fantastic. The cast is identifiable and distinct, and though there have been many Mulder/Scully mentions AND I was a huge X-Files fan, its so different from X-Files. To me, its Outer Limits, X-Files, and CSI and rolled into one conspiracy-laden ball of TV enjoyment. Its Lost for sci-fi nerds who demand more nerdstuff. Fringe and 24, are the only two shows my family watches live and does not miss. Expand
  8. GaryL.
    Jun 29, 2009
    Some slow spots midseason, but the finale was great. Shows a lot of promise and keeps getting better.
  9. CristobalS
    Jan 30, 2009
    Fantastic Show! The script is sharp, the acting is impressive (John Noble is the standout), and the direction is sublime. It makes you squirm, grin, sweat, and enjoy. The best new series on television. The only criticism...Anna Torv's subpar American Accent.
  10. ChristinaB
    Nov 25, 2008
    I didn't want to like it, but it grows on you. I really like that the scope isn't too expansive. It leaves more time for character development which i find to be key in successful shows. The characters and acting may not be amazing yet, but I think it will definitely improve with time.
  11. DarrenB.
    Oct 29, 2008
    It definitely fills that much needed X-File-ish void that I've been missing for years. John Noble as Dr. Walter Bishop is priceless.
  12. JDub
    Sep 12, 2008
    This show's first episode blew me away. First time I actually watched a TV show twice in one week. Very solid first episode and it can go only go up from here.
  13. Feb 16, 2011
    Best written show on TV right now, with phenomenal work by John Noble and Joshua Jackson. Anna Torv started out shaky but has grown with seasons 2 and especially here in season 3.

It will be tragic when FOX kills it with this move to Friday nights.
  14. Oct 27, 2011
    Fringe is an excellent show that is its own. The reviews saying that it is a bad x-files knockoff are groundless. Just because it is about unusual scientific occurrences doesn't mean that it is trying to be like x-files. Fringe has its own story and likable characters with its own direction. The only time I was disappointed was when it turned into a cartoon under circumstances that wouldFringe is an excellent show that is its own. The reviews saying that it is a bad x-files knockoff are groundless. Just because it is about unusual scientific occurrences doesn't mean that it is trying to be like x-files. Fringe has its own story and likable characters with its own direction. The only time I was disappointed was when it turned into a cartoon under circumstances that would spoil the show if I said. One review wrote off Fringe simply because of the advertising campaign which is complete and utter balls. Expand
  15. Jul 14, 2011
    SEASON BY SEASON REVIEW: FIRST SEASON: Where you'll be forgiven for making an X-files comparison. This season is more procedural and monster of the week format where the lead characters are just starting to get familiar with each other while greater mysteries are introduced. Don't let the X-files snobs who think the unending angst of the Scully/Mulder relationship that takes a decade toSEASON BY SEASON REVIEW: FIRST SEASON: Where you'll be forgiven for making an X-files comparison. This season is more procedural and monster of the week format where the lead characters are just starting to get familiar with each other while greater mysteries are introduced. Don't let the X-files snobs who think the unending angst of the Scully/Mulder relationship that takes a decade to develop is the be-all and end-all of mystery television. I found this show to actually evolve their character relationships season to season. Only this season has an echo of the X-files dynamic to it. SEASON 1 SCORE - 7.5 SECOND SEASON: First half builds into some of the most poignantly acted family drama I've ever seen done in the second half. Continues to take you from heartbreaking and hilarious seamlessly like a high quality movie every week and invests you in the characters. SEASON 2 SCORE - 9.5 1st half, 10 second half. THIRD SEASON: The first half expertly executes hard to predict twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing and yes, sometimes I was screaming at the TV at the many OMG moments. I can't think of any episodes on TV that have ever been better then these episodes. EVER. The 2nd half gets a little quieter because unlike other dramas this one actually lets the characters breathe and grow a bit after their experiences. Some may find it lags after the earlier intense excitement but I found this turn to be true to its stellar character development the show excels at. Then it gives you a big bang of OMG exciting plot twists at the end of the season to set up for what's sure to be a wonderfully brain twisting season 4 that will keep you guessing. There is good reason why it has been talked about as one of if not the most shocking season finales of the year. SEASON 3 SCORE: 10 first half, 9 middle half except for a 10 for the whole 3 part finale. IN CONCLUSION: Yes this has been billed as a sci-fi show, but I find the sci-fi elements have only been to serve the greater themes of exploring what it means to be a family and what it means to be you, a human being. If you're someone who likes a good Oscar winning drama that explores the human condition you'll love this show. IMO that's why I think it hasn't gotten the recognition it deserves - its been too easy to call it 'a sci-fi show' in the press not realizing the stereotype drags it down. Hope this review has been helpful to you. Expand
  16. Jul 22, 2011
    Simply amazing. I have no words for describing this show. One of the best shows ever made. Good acting, good story, amazing development.... A must see for sci-fi fans.
  17. Jan 21, 2012
    I'm giving fringe an 8. It doesn't deserve it. Season 1 was okay. I lost interest but then regained it sometime later and watch about halfway from season 1 to the end of season 2. Season 2 was good. Season 3 was "wow" Then, almost out of nowhere, what happened? I mean, really, like, um, huh, what, why, stoopid. Yeah. That's how I feel about season 4. I misspelled stupid onI'm giving fringe an 8. It doesn't deserve it. Season 1 was okay. I lost interest but then regained it sometime later and watch about halfway from season 1 to the end of season 2. Season 2 was good. Season 3 was "wow" Then, almost out of nowhere, what happened? I mean, really, like, um, huh, what, why, stoopid. Yeah. That's how I feel about season 4. I misspelled stupid on purpose it was that stoopid. It's so unfortunate that such a great show will soon be cancelled without continuing the great story line from seasons 2 and 3.

Fringe, i'll give you an 8 for the past enjoyment you have given me, but, R.I.P.
  18. Jay
    Oct 1, 2008
    I love this show. Better than expected.
  19. AdamT.
    Sep 9, 2008
    While not as good as Lost (yet), I was very entertained and enjoyed the characters and story quite a bit. I'm sure there will be nay-sayers right away, but Fox kept all of you in mind too. Knowing that not everyone would enjoy the type of show Fringe is, they aired something more your speed directly after. Hole In The Wall is just the kind of show for those of you unable to enjoy While not as good as Lost (yet), I was very entertained and enjoyed the characters and story quite a bit. I'm sure there will be nay-sayers right away, but Fox kept all of you in mind too. Knowing that not everyone would enjoy the type of show Fringe is, they aired something more your speed directly after. Hole In The Wall is just the kind of show for those of you unable to enjoy good programming, such as Fringe. Expand
  20. m
    Mar 5, 2009
    This show picks up from the xfiles. I find it interesting and look forward to each episode. I hope it will be on for a couple seasons well. I like the fact that you want to watch every week, and that so far the action is rising so i hope abram continues to build on the action, drama and suspense and keep people on the edge of their seats or else people will become disinterested and bored. This show picks up from the xfiles. I find it interesting and look forward to each episode. I hope it will be on for a couple seasons well. I like the fact that you want to watch every week, and that so far the action is rising so i hope abram continues to build on the action, drama and suspense and keep people on the edge of their seats or else people will become disinterested and bored. Pick it up!! Expand
  21. MaximilianoS.
    Oct 4, 2009
    An excellent example of modern science fiction tv show. Impressive.
  22. joek
    Feb 23, 2009
    Ridiculous and fun. No more closure than x-files but still better.
  23. dexterp.
    Aug 27, 2009
    Best show ever, funny, shocking, and a story-line that grabs your attention.
  24. BretW
    Dec 12, 2008
    oh my god after seeing the last episode and how it sums everything up. i cant wait until January 20th. I think this field of science is so interesting, and this show is amazing, omg. Yes sometimes the acting is kinda bad, but overall thins show is incredible. Finally i love how you NEED to watch every single episode to get whats going on. Once again nice job fox something that oh my god after seeing the last episode and how it sums everything up. i cant wait until January 20th. I think this field of science is so interesting, and this show is amazing, omg. Yes sometimes the acting is kinda bad, but overall thins show is incredible. Finally i love how you NEED to watch every single episode to get whats going on. Once again nice job fox something that doesn't bore me Expand
  25. GrantB.
    Oct 30, 2008
    Interesting episodes/ideas. Developing mythology so far not off putting. Think each character is interesting, chemistry is good. I want this show to continue.
  26. RafaelD.
    Sep 10, 2008
    Im a huge fan of J.J Abrams work , but i see a bright future for the show , its hard to judge a show just by the pilot , as we all know a lot of shows can get better and better every week. For a start , i think its a good pilot , lets see how this show develop.
  27. JohnM.
    Sep 17, 2008
    Great cast. Great story. Great show. It keeps you watching. The mythology is strong and appears fairly deep. I'm looking forward to many seasons of this show! What is so terrible about LOST references or Altered States homages? I think that's part of the appeal to shows like this. It gives credit where credit is due.
  28. karenR
    Apr 29, 2009
    Really enjoy this series, especially the humor that the character 'Victor' lends to the show.
  29. markl.
    May 28, 2009
    Great show..too intelligent for the average dance show/idol viewer to understand
  30. mauricioc.
    Sep 15, 2008
    Show is amazing!!! This series will have a couple of seasons!!!
  31. KevinN.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Hope this show lasts for more than a few seasons because its incredible.
  32. Fantasy
    Nov 15, 2009
    Unquestionably the best show on TV! Walter is the star. The ending last season with Olivia peering out of a window as the camera continued to pan further away revealing the World Trade Centers gave me the eeriest of feelings in the same manner the Statute of Liberty did in Planet of The Apes so many years ago. This is the best written, best directed show on TV bar none. I can't wait Unquestionably the best show on TV! Walter is the star. The ending last season with Olivia peering out of a window as the camera continued to pan further away revealing the World Trade Centers gave me the eeriest of feelings in the same manner the Statute of Liberty did in Planet of The Apes so many years ago. This is the best written, best directed show on TV bar none. I can't wait to see where it is headed next. Expand
  33. Oct 17, 2010
    The first season provided some really interesting and bizarre cases, but the highlight, for me, was John Noble's portrayal of Walter. The fact that he did not receive an Emmy nomination was blasphemous, and the show is worthy as well.
  34. Oct 18, 2010
    I love the first season of Fringe. It really opened up some interesting questions about science and the nature of reality. I find all three main characters interesting and compelling.
  35. Nov 21, 2010
    An original show that is able to make you think yet feel like your just along for an exciting ride!
    I think this show is boldly taking sci-fi to a totally different realm away from aliens and crazy unimaginable/otherwordly gadgets and concepts to something extraordinary yet believable and it is opening up the sci-fi genre to be more widely accepted by not only regular sci fi fans but new fans that were originally turned off of the regular sci fi
  36. JLB
    Nov 29, 2010
    It's similiarities to the X-Files are superficial. Fringe goes places the X-Files had never even considered. Alternate realities, and their monsters and psychos. It's like the Fantastic Four.
  37. Jan 23, 2011
    For me Fringe is one of the best series ever made in the past. I really hope there will be a 4th season because I love Fringe!! And John Noble play his part very brilliant!! 10.0
  38. Mar 8, 2011
    The plot is a little hard to follow, but is an excellent story, worth watching. Great creative concept. Good actors. Perfect mix of action, humor, scifi and drama.
  39. Mar 18, 2011
    It starts out slow, but finishes fantastic. It is NOTHING like the X-files, besides the fact that both are about companies exploring the unexplainable. Again, it's NOT an X-files copy. I was skeptical about Anna Torv, (the leading female) and her acting was lacking at first, but she's gotten better. WAY better. Joshua Jackson is great, but the best acting comes from John Noble (Dr WalterIt starts out slow, but finishes fantastic. It is NOTHING like the X-files, besides the fact that both are about companies exploring the unexplainable. Again, it's NOT an X-files copy. I was skeptical about Anna Torv, (the leading female) and her acting was lacking at first, but she's gotten better. WAY better. Joshua Jackson is great, but the best acting comes from John Noble (Dr Walter Bishop). This show is well done and I can't wait to watch every single episode. Expand
  40. May 7, 2011
    This is one of the greatest shows on TV! The characters are interesting and fantastic, the episodes are enjoyable intriguing and the series just gets better and better. JJ Abram's has done a fantastic job at creating such a fantastic show. Can't wait to see what else the show has to offer.
  41. Aug 17, 2011
    JJ is a genius! This show become more and more intriguing every episode. There are no words to describe Anna Torv.... When she smiles my heart stops beating!
  42. Sep 18, 2011
    It's an incredible show, I've seen a lot of series but nothing with the quality of Fringe.You see the episodes and only gets better and better.Unquestionably the best show on TV
  43. Nov 18, 2011
    Absolutely amazing series! Has a bit of a slow start building up the story line and plot but once it gets going there is no stopping it. The story is very well written and expands on a lot of different concepts which are complicated but are explained well so that any viewer can understand them. I highly encourage any sci-fi and fictional fans to watch and get into this series as there isAbsolutely amazing series! Has a bit of a slow start building up the story line and plot but once it gets going there is no stopping it. The story is very well written and expands on a lot of different concepts which are complicated but are explained well so that any viewer can understand them. I highly encourage any sci-fi and fictional fans to watch and get into this series as there is alot more to come! Expand
  44. Feb 28, 2014
    It's rare for me to give a television show a perfect rating, but I will say, without hesitation, that Fringe is the best original Science Fiction show to come along in thirty years. When J.J Abrams started working on his follow up to Lost, he wanted to create a show that touched on everything that had been done before it. Fringe takes elements of Star Trek, The X-Files, The Twilight Zone,It's rare for me to give a television show a perfect rating, but I will say, without hesitation, that Fringe is the best original Science Fiction show to come along in thirty years. When J.J Abrams started working on his follow up to Lost, he wanted to create a show that touched on everything that had been done before it. Fringe takes elements of Star Trek, The X-Files, The Twilight Zone, and others, and incorporates them all into his story. It was a show that was truly ahead of it's time and initially had a lot of network support.

The premier episode on FOX is the most expensive pilot episode ever made and the fans love it. The first two seasons of Fringe were highly rated, but not in the top ten. Not realizing what they had or the cult following it had behind it, FOX started moving the show around, eventually putting in on Friday nights, where it died after just 100 episodes. Today, the show is carried on in books and several of the cast have talked about the possibility of having it turned into a film franchise.

The story of Fringe began in 2008, when an airplane with 250 passengers on board, landed itself in Boston, without any survivors. All the agencies show up, including the FBI, who send their liaison officer, Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv). Dunham and her partner/lover are sent to do the dirty work, but stumble upon something unexpected, which puts them at the head of the investigation team. Not believing what she saw, Dunham goes in search of help, and finds a brilliant scientist, who used to do classified experiments for the U.S. Government. There is a problem of course, as the scientist, Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble), has been in a mental institution for 17 years. In order to get him out, Dunham must track down and recruit the help of Bishop's son, Peter (Joshua Jackson), who is a con-man, working out of Iraq. With the team in place, they work to solve the impossible case and are asked by Col. Peter Broyles (Lance Reddick), to become part of a classified team of FBI members, who are assigned to work on the strange and unexplainable.

From parallel universes to time travel to human experimentation and even monsters, Fringe really incorporated everything they could into the story, in one way or another. Anna Torv stars as Agent Olivia Dunham and what a star she is. How J.J. Abrams found her is nothing short of amazing in and of itself. Torv hadn't been in very many things, but had an impressive background, that includes her being a martial arts expert, who speaks multiple languages. They put her talents to use and make her the new head investigator of the Fringe division. Torv was the action star of the show, who turned out to be even more, when the cast met their duplicates from the alternate universe in season 3. I really can not express in words how terrific this woman was and how important her character was to every fascist of the story.

As for the other main character of the story, that's Dr. Walter Bishop played by John Noble. Noble is one of those guys, you've seen in movies and on television all the time, but also the kind of guy whose name you probably didn't know. With Dr. Walter Bishop, John Noble established himself as a Sci-Fi legend. Much in the way his former partner William Bell, played by Leonard Nimoy, is associated with Spock, Noble and Bishop will be forever linked. Not only does his character bring a brilliant mind to the cast, but also brings humor to the show. After being locked in a mental hospital for 17 years, there isn't much Walter won't say or do. He loves to eat, do LSD, and tell people exactly what he thinks, leading to some of the best one-liners I have ever heard in a Science Fiction series.

Fringe isn't all about the strange and unusual, it's also about family, action, love, and humor. I can tell you that it is the single most addictive show I've seen in my entire life. I wound up watching all 100 episodes in under 3 months, and now that it's over, I find myself missing it and thinking about it often. Even though I'm a Netflix member with a large collection, for almost 2 weeks now, I have been sampling other series, looking for something to fill the void. I'm finding myself having trouble even getting into similar shows, the way I got into Fringe. It is one of the best television shows I have ever seen. If you're into Science Fiction this show is an absolute must see. If you're not into Science Fiction, there is still a ton of stuff here for you as well. Do yourselves a favor and treat yourself to this remarkable show while it is still streaming on Netflix.
  45. Jan 6, 2012
    Fantastic series and fantastic actors. It is the worthy heir of x-files, Take it and renew. I don't understand the negative votes. only defect: it's too short
  46. Feb 5, 2015
    Whether you're a sci-fi fan or not, Fringe is a great show. Likeable characters, a dark and mysterious sci-fi plot, humor that actually works, action. Definitely one of my favourite shows right now .
  47. Oct 9, 2013
    Fringe will forever be one of my favourite things. I remember watching the first episode for the first time in 2008 and I was fascinated by it. I instantaneously fell in love with it. The first few episodes of the season is slightly formulaic as it introduces us to this crazy world of Fringe science, however the intensity of the show emerges a couple of episodes in. If you have never seenFringe will forever be one of my favourite things. I remember watching the first episode for the first time in 2008 and I was fascinated by it. I instantaneously fell in love with it. The first few episodes of the season is slightly formulaic as it introduces us to this crazy world of Fringe science, however the intensity of the show emerges a couple of episodes in. If you have never seen it before, watch it. The season finale is excellent, as is season two and three. Expand
  48. Jul 15, 2014
    Fringe is the best TV show I've ever watched. The first season begins slowly BUT it becomes really fascinating and interesting in the middle of the first season.
  49. Aug 13, 2015
    Awesome first two seasons and a decent third season. Fourth and fifth season you could see they were smoking some crack, confusing storyline and you get the impression they didn't like the way the season was playing out seeing as they completely rewrote the storyline. But hey just watch the first 2 seasons for a great show.
  50. Nov 3, 2010
    The first season of this show was the only one worth watching. The show did a good job at differentiating itself apart from other similar shows before it. While it still maintained some healthy similarities. I liked this season a lot. Just wish some series actually had a planned ending and not a never ending plot extension to make more money.
  51. DoctorO.
    Sep 27, 2008
    Promising. X-Files with limited government backing. This time, Mulder is the crazy guy, Scully is the guy, and the Cigarette Smoking Man is a redhead with a prosthetic arm. Maybe it can pull it off.
  52. MikraT.
    Sep 19, 2008
    A wonderful and very realistic sci-fi adventure. I was surprised to see many of methods used in my field of research being demonstrated on the show.
  53. Apr 6, 2011
    Slow at first, but still good, the first season of Fringe was a decent start to a series that would eventually graduate to the level of completely amazing.
  54. Jun 6, 2012
    One of the best shows to ever come across a TV screen. As others have pointed out, the 1st season does take a few episodes to hook you in. But once that happens, the show gets better every single episode. Definitely worth checking out.
  55. StephenA
    Feb 2, 2009
    Without John Noble Fringe would be 'Cringe'. Noble's character makes the show worthwhile tuning into each week. Joshua Jackson has good chemistry with his on-screen father. To see Olivia Dunn, the FBI agent, race to a hostage rescue adorned only in chest armor and no face/head gear, long hair blowing in the breeze, only exemplifies the realism of the show. We need more Without John Noble Fringe would be 'Cringe'. Noble's character makes the show worthwhile tuning into each week. Joshua Jackson has good chemistry with his on-screen father. To see Olivia Dunn, the FBI agent, race to a hostage rescue adorned only in chest armor and no face/head gear, long hair blowing in the breeze, only exemplifies the realism of the show. We need more Silence of the Lambs, not Charlie's Angels, meets X-Files, please. Expand
  56. LarryS.
    Oct 4, 2008
    Getting better.
  57. RaysaJ.
    Sep 10, 2008
    This one stands a chance. I will take a look at another episode or two.
  58. RolandB.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Who cares of its incredibly derivative...the shows its draws from were great but they are finished and its exciting having something like this on television again...its incredibly entertaining and seems to be building up to something that could be interesting and perhaps original...its too early to tell...but just become something draws from something else and just because the science may Who cares of its incredibly derivative...the shows its draws from were great but they are finished and its exciting having something like this on television again...its incredibly entertaining and seems to be building up to something that could be interesting and perhaps original...its too early to tell...but just become something draws from something else and just because the science may be wacky and unbelievable...if its fun who cares just enjoy it! Expand
  59. Apr 22, 2011
    fringe is ok and entertaining. it's got some good ideas and concepts but the execution, storytelling and characters don't always feel plausible or believable. imo the x-files did this genre better.
  60. Feb 22, 2014
    In much the same way as The X-Files the first few episodes of Fringe are very much of the ‘case of the week’ variety and, seemingly at least, unconnected. As a result it didn't initially become must watch TV for me despite the interesting characters and darkly humorous script.

Once the show’s overarching plot started to take shape however I was hooked as J.J. Abrams yet again demonstrated his ability to tell a captivating story that has you itching to watch the next episode. Now for season two.
  61. Apr 2, 2012
    Another great show. Can only fault it in that sometimes it can get a bit confusing due to the amount of information that the viewer needs to remember. Enjoying the acting & the storyline but would like to see the current arc ending soon & a return to the original format at least for a while.
  62. Nov 18, 2012
    Suffer through the first 2 or so seasons and end up with an amazing show. The current season is the best so far (season 5). I can't believe it got almost cancelled.
  63. Jan 25, 2012
    Fringe is simply amazing and John Noble is as well. It's the best sci-fi show in T.V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  64. Apr 14, 2012
    Fringe is an amazing show. I've been watching it ever since around the middle of the first season which hooked me in. If you miss an episode, you have to see it. The show can get very confusing if you don't follow along well. If you do keep up, though, and you pay attention, it's a very funny, scary, awesome, and just all around great show to watch. I give it an 8 because of the fact thatFringe is an amazing show. I've been watching it ever since around the middle of the first season which hooked me in. If you miss an episode, you have to see it. The show can get very confusing if you don't follow along well. If you do keep up, though, and you pay attention, it's a very funny, scary, awesome, and just all around great show to watch. I give it an 8 because of the fact that it can get very confusing. Expand
  65. Mar 2, 2012
    Fringe is currently the greatest show on television. I know everyone says that, but in my opinion this is true. It is undoubtedly the most complex, intelligent, and startlingly beautiful story that a TV show could be. The myriad of twists and turns, incredible characters (supported by absolutely fabulous acting), and wonderful plot developments draw you in. Once the viewer is past theFringe is currently the greatest show on television. I know everyone says that, but in my opinion this is true. It is undoubtedly the most complex, intelligent, and startlingly beautiful story that a TV show could be. The myriad of twists and turns, incredible characters (supported by absolutely fabulous acting), and wonderful plot developments draw you in. Once the viewer is past the first few weaker episodes, the viewer reaches the event horizon and is slowly destroyed while thoughts of Fringe occupy almost every waking moment (at least for me :D). This show is art in its greatest form. Expand
  66. Apr 14, 2012
    Outstanding performances from Anna Torv, John Noble, and Blair Brown. Engaging concept, intelligent writing, gripping cliffhangers. Able directing, skillful photography, exciting action sequences.
  67. May 28, 2012
    Deeply disappointed that this show is coming back for only one more season. I love the characters and the interesting stories produced each week. I especially love this season and the message that true love between soul mates cannot be erased. By far, the best series FOX has produced since the X-Files. I wish SyFy would pick up this series.
  68. Jul 10, 2012
    Unlike J.J. Abram's other projects, Fringe really takes some time to shine. But when it does, the show is incredible. Give Fringe some time, a show with this much creativity and personality is rare. John Noble is a standout star in the first season of the show. If you love J.J.'s other projects Lost and Alcatraz, or were a fan of The X Files or The Twilight Zone, this show is a must-see.
  69. Oct 12, 2012
    Fringe begins on a low note, but builds upon its baseline a creative and intriguing storyline, never repeating itself, always different, and always moving forward. It can be confusing at times, the plot rivals that of doctor who in complexity, but for the open-minded fringe stimulates the mind and asks important questions about the nature of humanity. Stay on the rollercoaster, and youFringe begins on a low note, but builds upon its baseline a creative and intriguing storyline, never repeating itself, always different, and always moving forward. It can be confusing at times, the plot rivals that of doctor who in complexity, but for the open-minded fringe stimulates the mind and asks important questions about the nature of humanity. Stay on the rollercoaster, and you will be entertained for a very long time! Expand
  70. Sep 12, 2012
    Fringe, is simply put, the best sci-fi series since X-Files season one. I NEVER miss an episode. The writing, acting, stories, and production is flawless!!!! I am going to be devastated by the loss of this, my favorite tv series in ages!!!!
  71. Jan 28, 2013
    I love Fringe. It's what science fiction should be about. The actual science may not be 100% accurate (pointed out by some of my scientist friends), but can it tell a story. Throughout all 5 seasons, the cast, crew, writers, and directors make you care about the characters so deeply, you feel as though you become a part of it.

Without giving it away, Fringe enters into the realm of

Without giving it away, Fringe enters into the realm of fringe science with the help of Dr. Walter Bishop who did dozens of experiments back in the 70s and 80s with the help of Dr. William Bell. Strange things are happening to the world and the Fringe division go out and try to find out who's behind it and why. The show enters the first season with investigations and from the second season forward they venture into areas that you can't even imagine. Definitely worth a watch.
  72. Apr 2, 2013
    Excellent show. Smart, intelligent, great characters. The show's twists and cliff-hangers are reminiscent of Lost. The storylines continue to grow and intrigue the more you watch. One of my all-time favorite shows, stick with it!
  73. May 28, 2013
    I'm shocked to see the ignorance of some critics, this is one of the most original and engaging science fiction of modern television. And John Noble's acting is outstanding, the notion that he was't nominated for Emmy for best supporting actor is ridiculous! Now season 1 has an interesting main plot, but some side stories makes it shine even more!
  74. Aug 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love this show. While I initially resisted watching it, I was so drawn in by the awesomely fascinating pseudoscience (giant monsters, advanced telekinetic powers, and alternate universes just to name a few) that I had no choice but to become a fan. I wish we even had half of the crazy science **** that Walter and Peter cook up on a daily basis.

Also, the acting of Anna Torv, Lance Reddick, Joshua Jackson and in particular the multi-talented John Noble, was incredible. Noble never failed to inspire awe at his talent, moving me from uproarious laughter to near tears in a single episode on many occasions, and his great dynamic with Joshua Jackson as his son Peter was a touching relationship from beginning to end. While Torv and Jackson may not have had the best relationship chemistry on screen, the choice in placing the two of them in those roles was a good one, and rarely distracted from the big picture.

The last season did seem cobbled together in service of wrapping everything up neatly, however the strength of all the previous episodes balances it out.
  75. Oct 8, 2014
    From the creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who always are working closely with J.J Abrams, comes one of the most mysterious and entertaining TV-Shows.

I totally love Fringe, because it keeps me asking more and more questions about the mysterious events in the series, which truly keeps me watching the show. The high amount of science fiction truly is fascinating to watch, even if that it's not something completely new and original, because many things in Fringe I've already seen in sci-fi shows like Stargate and Star Trek, but in the end are all the episodes in Fringe awesome to watch. The intro of Fringe is another thing that I truly adore about fringe, so touching!

When it comes to a TV-show like Fringe, the quality of every episode may vary much, and this first season felt like it became drama-like after the 10th episode, which I didn't find entertaining at all. Another thing is that the mysterious feeling surrounding Fringe kind of disappeared after the 10th episode, but eventually got it's mojo back in the season finale. Overall is Fringe an awesome sci-fi show that I find is superb to watch, even that the CGI isn't the best I've seen.

Fringe is a TV-show that truly is packed with action, sci-fi and much entertaining and mysterious things, and I wouldn't consider this show to be a supernatural drama genre, it's just a highly advanced sci-fi show.

The average score for each episode is: 7.79
    Fringe: Season 1 get a 8/10
  76. Aug 29, 2015
    This is one the best sci fi tv show ever!! walter and peter chemistry is tense and perfect, olivia character is amazing , and how to forget asterisk or astrid or whatever... this show has almost everything, multiple universes , the cast has another version of themselves and is well done too. Fox(B@astards) gave them a last season to wrap up and in a few episodes the show ended very well.
  77. Jan 2, 2015
    For anyone who thought of the near future possible advancements & challenges, for anyone who wants to see a translation through a TV series that is not only interesting on an episode-to-episode bases, but a well woven science fiction & Drama that rarely works when stretched for multiple seasons.
  78. Feb 15, 2015
    Trixie and Monkey: The Time is Ripe

UKIYO Theatre ---Royal Croquet Club –Victoria Sq( Tarntanyagga) An unorthodox New York nuptial exchange between Monkey - suitably clad - and bridal veiled Trixie kicks off this hour long marriage of raunchy burlesque, skillfully interspersed with seamlessly brilliant acrobatic stunts. Monkey’s pre marital employment as a banana inspector obviously
    Trixie and Monkey: The Time is Ripe

UKIYO Theatre ---Royal Croquet Club –Victoria Sq( Tarntanyagga)

Monkey’s pre marital employment as a banana inspector obviously shapes his tactile obsession with banana tasting, adopting a raw sensuality - evolving into a showcase of their steamy acrobatic dance numbers.

References to earlier decades see Monkey being packed off in a space shuttle to nowhere while Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse of the Heart serenades a dance number that not even the wedding guests saw coming. Just when you might be contemplating what’s next to titillate Trixie’s gypsy psychic alter-ego adds a whole new dimension to erotic fantasy - a magical blend of song, trapeze art and bawdy good fun. 18+

Dennis G Coleman for 3D radio

The last half-hour of the pilot is by far the best part of Fringe; it’s full of twists, turns, action and suspense. And the first 20 minutes or so, in which a team of federal agents investigate a mysterious occurrence on a commercial airliner, is brisk and efficient, if (like much of Fringe) a little bombastic and overdirected. Aside from a cinematic dream sequence, the middle hour of Fringe is much more problematic.
  2. It has good characters and plenty of action. It keeps its science fiction accessible, not abstract. Maybe best of all, it has a great sense of humor.
    Lots of good action and lots of fun to boot.