Full House : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 1987
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
7.9

1. Mar 14, 2014
    the first season of full house is okay . but that never stops me from hating full house . i love the cast but i love season 3 & 8 . but it stinks to see michelle tanner be just a baby in season 1 and 2 . and there's nothing fun about season 1
  2. Nov 25, 2011
    I love this show!!!! I miss good shows like these now they only have lame shows!!! This show is awesome my favorite its actually funny and it gets u wanting more!!!
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    It's not a bad show, but it's often overdone with cheesy undertones. Never once did an episode go by without a "lesson" being learned. (yes, I know that's the point of the Tanner family) But it's like they couldn't grow a pair and move on. It always had to be stupid things like "No one wants to live with me". Don't get me wrong, i'm not too critical. I LOVED this show when I was younger,It's not a bad show, but it's often overdone with cheesy undertones. Never once did an episode go by without a "lesson" being learned. (yes, I know that's the point of the Tanner family) But it's like they couldn't grow a pair and move on. It always had to be stupid things like "No one wants to live with me". Don't get me wrong, i'm not too critical. I LOVED this show when I was younger, but I have to point out, it was in the 80s and 90s. For what it is, it is pretty good. Expand
  4. Sep 3, 2010
    Dave Coulier was great as Joey Gladstone,but John Stamos rocked too! Lori Loughlin was awesome as Becky(Rebecca Donaldson Katsopolis).Bob Saget was hilarious as the widowed Danny Tanner,as were Jodie Sweetin as Stephanie Tanner,Candace Cameron as D.J. Tanner,and the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen as Michelle Tanner.
  5. Jun 20, 2015
    Most people who go into this expecting it to be a good series to sit down and enjoy watching with the family will absolutely get what they want. The show provides some cheesy but laugh-out-loud humor that will make even the parents crack up. However, viewing this as a critic, you will definitely be questioning some elements of the show. If you grew up watching this show, you will know thatMost people who go into this expecting it to be a good series to sit down and enjoy watching with the family will absolutely get what they want. The show provides some cheesy but laugh-out-loud humor that will make even the parents crack up. However, viewing this as a critic, you will definitely be questioning some elements of the show. If you grew up watching this show, you will know that a lesson is learned by the children at the end of each episode, almost always with morose music playing in the background and even a character shedding some tears. When the show was in it's first seasons, the lessons learned were expected, as the children were growing up, but, the lessons at the end of the episodes in later season seem forced, and some are so cheesy it seems as if the producers simply got bored one day. By far the worst episode is when Jessie (John Stamos) is finally moving out of the house with his new wife Rebecca, but Michelle (a toddler at this point), is sad to see him go. In my opinion, they grew Michelle up way too quickly, as she was speaking in full sentences at 2 years old, and was reading books by 4. She shouldn't have been sad to see him move out as she was only a toddler and barely had any memories of him. Even Jessie shed some tears on this occasion! Why?! You're not moving away forever! Sorry. It's just some of the tear-jerking moments seemed so forced and others are some that the characters should already know (common sense), but then there are the ones that don't make any sense. Even though it is a large family, there shouldn't be that much drama within it. Also, everyone hated Kimmy Gibbler, but, for some reason, I never had a problem with her. She wasn't annoying at all. That, too, was forced as well, instead of grown over time, like Urkel. Overall, this is a very family-friendly show that will teach audience children some lessons about the real world, but some of it is forced, over-the-top, melodramatic, or nonsensical. Expand
  6. Feb 13, 2014
    the only reason this unfunny garbage ran for 8 **** SEASONS was because it was the one show that was almost not completely terrible and was okay enough to watch when nothing else was on. to me and my friends: it was the show we watched just because there was nothing good on tv. then a used SNES came along and we finally found something to do. the fact that this is becoming "popular" to athe only reason this unfunny garbage ran for 8 **** SEASONS was because it was the one show that was almost not completely terrible and was okay enough to watch when nothing else was on. to me and my friends: it was the show we watched just because there was nothing good on tv. then a used SNES came along and we finally found something to do. the fact that this is becoming "popular" to a bunch of 10 year olds (that want to look "grown up" by watching sitcoms like mom and dad..... been there done that) is just **** shameful.

oh, if you want to listen to the opinion of someone that was a little older than me and understood more of the "jokes" then look up: "nostalgia critic full house".
  7. Aug 28, 2015
    Now don't fret this is a great show but it's very predictable. plus there was a weird snes game,a bad documentary, and to many quotes that gets annoying after 2 seasons
  8. May 13, 2016
    quite possibly one of the worst things that have ever been on television, please do yourself a favor and watch it without the laugh track. You can see for yourself how ''funny'' it is.
  9. Aug 8, 2016
    Its alright, I don't really think it deserves a 31 though. Jeez, when I saw that on TV I just said What the hell. Its overly cheesy, and a kind of dull show in general.. But, it sets good examples for young viewers and is worth watching when there's nothing on.

1. Christian Science Monitor
    Reviewed by: Alan Bunce
    Sep 3, 2013
    It has lots of laughs but few credible plot crises to draw its energy from. But there are reminders of Dad's plight - as when he stands alone, after his mother leaves, and reflects on the very uncomic reality of dealing with his family's future. [18 Sept 1987, p.22]
  2. San Diego Union-Tribune
    Reviewed by: Robert P. Laurence
    It's not a laughing matter. [22 Sept 1987, p.E-7]
  3. Washington Post
    Reviewed by: Tom Shales
    Sep 3, 2013
    Demonstrates plenty of marksmanship in the old aim-to-please department. It has a nice convivial camaraderie going for it, and one fail-safe ingredient in reserve: the proverbial cute baby. [22 Sept 1987, p.D1]