• Network: Adult Swim
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 14, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 4
9.0

1. Sep 22, 2011
    I own all 5 parts of the FMA:DVD releases, and I've got to say, if your going to watch an anime, this would be the one to watch. Of all the ones I've seen, only 2 or 3 really come close to being anywhere near as addictive or fun to watch, and I don't think any had me clamoring for the next episode after I'd watched the final one on the disc that had just been released as FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood did-
    Voice Acting and Music are both spot on, the animation is clean and story is really something you can get into. I recommend watching this ENTIRE SERIES to anyone I know that even remotely interested in Anime, and the Manga is pretty good too, although it's basically exactly like the anime, which is the way it should have been in the first place I feel....
  2. Oct 4, 2011
    I'm keeping this review brief. I actually started watching Brotherhood with the notion to watch the original Fullmetal Alchemist series. I had no idea it was a brand new series that actually stays closer to the manga in plot and to be perfectly honest, after seeing both series, Brotherhood deserves a lot more recognition than the original. The original was a good show, but when it comes to the plot twists, character developments and the overall conclusion to the series, Brotherhood reigns much higher than the original. The story really makes me wish I could meet some of the writers of the series and the animation is amazing! I have never been happier to have found a TV series to watch other than FMA: Brotherhood. I watched it, loved it and loved it even when I was sad as the series ended. I got my coworkers, brother and even my dad into the series. My brother and dad were great accomplishments because my brother never wanted to watch the series until he saw one episode that I watched with my dad and he became hooked. Then my dad is over 50 and finds adjusting to anime sequences and certain animation styles very odd or out of place and yet he's still watching with me and loves the series. This show contains graphic content, language and overall, very philosophic and religious points that might bring up certain conversations, but the series is amazing and one of the only TV shows where I can't wait to buy the complete box set (which I hope they make). So much for brief, but that should be a sign for this show. You expect a brief, fun to watch TV show, but then it surprises you with its epic depth and detail. Vivid anime fans might avoid this series or think its shorter length (64 episodes) will detract from the enjoyment, but do not be fooled. I've always been an anime fan and no series I've seen before tops this one and I don't think one ever will! Expand
  3. Oct 17, 2011
    Easliy one of the best animes I've ever seen! Brotherhood is really amazing and has an awesome story, while it really follows the manga much more correctly. I could watch this over and over again without getting tired.
  4. Dec 5, 2012
    The best ever. trust me you have to see this before you die, this is the ultimate anime series! Not to be confused with the first Full metal alchemist which didnt stay true to the manga this one makes the first look like utter bull honkey!
  5. Aug 28, 2011
    Foi tudo muito bem feito pela parte da Bones (estudio do anime) e da
    Arakawa (autora do manga), o primeiro anime do FMA acabou de forma
    trágica (Ed morre e todas as esperanças que ele e os seus amigos tinham
    vão por água a baixo). O mais fantástico disto tudo é que foi preciso
    chegar o Brotherhood (que
    é outra perspetiva da historia que no fundo
    é a original) para que o Ed conseguisse tudo aquilo que não tinha
    conseguido no primeiro anime: recuperar o braço e perna, o corpo do
    irmão e ficar com a Winry... Sem dúvida a melhor série de anime (se uma
    pessoa vir a série toda do início ao fim, é impossivel não gostar...) (enfim, impossível...)
  6. May 19, 2013
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is my all time favorite show. It's great. I watched it after I watched the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime (which is also great) and I thought there wouldn't be anything new. I WAS DEAD WRONG. The original anime left out very important parts, the the Xingese immigrants. They also changed a lot of things, like Wrath and Sloth. And other things they just added in. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood seems to stay much more true to the manga. However, I recommend you watch the original anime before you watch Brotherhood. Even though Brotherhood is better, the original is better, and Iknow people who watched Brotherhood and then watched the anime and they hated the anime. They're both great shows, though. Expand
  7. Aug 14, 2013
    This saga is what the original should have been. After the original FullMetal Alchemist Anime came out, production was started on this reboot which followed the books MUCH more closely, making of an incredible action/drama to keep you coming back over and over again. If the first episode doesn't bring you in, the second and third DEFINITELY will.
  8. Jan 2, 2014
    If the first was interesting, that really excels. Following the manga, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is magnificent from its opening until its conclusion. Government intrigues, a walk of redemption and maturation of the Elric brothers is one of the best pairs of animes.
  9. Mar 24, 2014
    This could easily be one of the best anime series I have seen in a while. Animation is gorgeous. Writing is phenomenal. character development is as good as it could possibly be.

I had been putting off watching this series for a while now, and was skeptical going in. The premise didn't really hook me. Then I watched it and was immediately hooked.

If I had to fault the show, it would
    be that the pacing for the last quarter of the show feels a little off and not completely in tune with the rest of the series. But, this is really just a minor note as it doesn't feel wrong either.

Overall:
    FMA:B is a first class anime and is as close perfection as the hype has made it out to be. I really do hope that the show continues (or at least the world.) If you are an anime fan, it is your duty to own this series!
  10. Nov 17, 2013
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is an anime that gets a lot of attention, and it is not hard to see why. When I watched the final episode, I was left in tears. Not just because of the ending, but because I was done with Brotherhood. At that moment, I immediately wanted to watch it again, that's how good it was. The anime isn't only amazing, but the storyline itself is great from an emotional, deep and fluent aspect.

Brotherhood starts of with several episodes about the history of Fullmetal Alchemist and also show some love to the original. The intro easily tells you that. Not only because of the song being named 'again' but also due to the scenes being used. And that's another point which I would like to mention: The intro's. They are so good and also tell the viewer what they can expect from the coming episodes, which is a nice thing. And don't forget about the endings, they are absolutely beautiful. My favourite Japanese song is Shunkan Sentimal, the song that came from Ending 4.

But here comes the most important and probably the best worked section of them all, the characters. I absolutely love how all characters have importance within the story. If one of those characters would be missing, the story could have turned a whole different side. And with that, I litterally mean every character. Even characters such as Yoki, the silly person from this anime, has his moments to help. The personality of most characters are also well worked out to the point that you become very sad to the point where tears join the scene if one of those characters turns out missing or eventually die.

Now, back to the story. First of all, I must say that this story goes very deep. That deep that I wouldn't recommend this anime to childeren younger than 16 years, and eventually 18. This story could easily change people their view on life outside of the anime with a great impact. Nothing dramaticly, but it will most likely let you think about some serious things anyways. Now, this anime actually has a dirty trick: Cliffhangers. They are almost everywhere which makes you keep watching. Not that it's a bad thing, but at some point I wanted to do something else but the anime kept me so hooked that I couldn't.

If I had to be honest, this anime is not perfect, and due to Metacritic's rating system, it lands as a 10 out of 10. But in reality, my final mark for this anime is a 9.5 out of 10. This anime is so amazing, I would recommend it to anyone, anime fans or not.
  11. Dec 28, 2013
    I was skeptical at first, but then I ended up loving it. I haven't read the manga, but I personally think this is just as good as the original series, if not an improvement. I definitely won't forget this as one of the first anime I ever watched.
  12. Aug 25, 2014
    Best attribute about this anime is it's characters, every character has their own individuality & compliments each other very well throughout the series.

The pacing of this anime series is superb, you can easily watch 5+ episode's in one sitting without feeling anything is being dragged out. (Attack on titan.. I'm looking at you).

The English dub is very well done, I would even go to
    say it's better than watching the complete series with subs..

I would recommend this anime to anyone, It''s simply great & deserves a must-watch by any anime fan.

There are no critic reviews yet.