9.1

1. Jul 4, 2011
    Amongst theGreatest TV shows in history. It's quality even rivals 'The Simpsons' in it's heyday. Truly an inspired, hilarious, up-lifting and exciting show with wonderful characters. Go check it out. We're Back Baby
  2. Jan 16, 2011
    Score: 10.0/10

This is Matt Groenings best work ever. The plots are always great, and being it set on thr future. The jokes always qork and makes me laugh. This is a fantastic comedy.
  3. Jul 5, 2011
  4. Jan 17, 2011
    This show rarely falters, and when it does it is immediately forgiven for some of the extremely clever, witty dialogue; the important issues it covers; and the sheer emotional punch some episodes hold. It's never gratuitous in any of these aspects though, and it feels like it is holding back to give people room to breath from its immensity.
  5. Jul 16, 2011
    Easily as funny as the simpsons and a more unusual storyline bender is hilarious!
  6. Feb 18, 2012
    Why was this canceled, why did it take longer for this show to come back. It was a long wait, with shows like the Cleveland Show, and Family Guy airing on multiple channels, promoting the retardation of a generation. Now its back telling amazing stories with great well developed and thought out characters that are impossible to hate. Another winner from Matt Groening.
  7. Aug 14, 2011
    This is my favorite show of all time and yes it is better than the simpsons. I own almost all of the futurama dvds. This show has everything comedy, action, emotion, deep plots and characters but above all a robot that drinks, smokes and steals.
  8. Mar 3, 2012
    Definitely one of the best cartoons I've seen. Matt Groening has out-done himself with Futurama. With the setting of the year 3000, the opportunities to write great plots are vast and numerous. As well as point out plot holes which can easily be fixed just with the writing itself focusing on some sort of futuristic technology in which the year 2012 cannot access. Futurama contains the same humor as it did with the Simpsons, having an idiot protagonist in which we, the audience, can relate to who is discovering the Earth in the year 3000. The comedy is sharp and clever, the voice acting is great and almost every episode is interesting. The only complaint I have is the last season. The latest season is a little too referential. Meaning, it pokes fun at Lady Gaga, Obama, etc. in the year 3000. It wouldn't exactly make sense because that was all 1000 years ago and Fry would get it because he was cryo-frozen in 2000. Any way, this series is must for anyone. 10/10. Expand
  9. Jan 23, 2013
    Matt Groening's best work since The Simpsons. Just hope that he can make a Season 2 for more laughs! I definetly give it a 92% for his great work and a barrel of comedy.
  10. Aug 12, 2013
    Something Fresh, Original, Unique, and extremely FUNNY! This is my favorite animated TV Series of all time, and it proudly deserves that title because it accomplishes a harmony of intelligence and humor, maintaining the ability to reflect our society through its prism of purity even though set in the future.
  11. Dec 25, 2011
    Literally the best animated comedy ever, I honestly found this to be better than the Simpsons and don't even get me started on Family Guy. A fresh show that is fun, hilarious, amusing, and original. Matt is truly a master of creativity.
  12. Aug 1, 2013
    A great entire show series right here.. If you like cartoon and a little bit of science and some drama, i suggest this to you. The entire 5th or 6th season (cant remember) has nothing but movies (not episodes exactly) in it but their still fun. I've been watching it since they released it.. Have all seasons. 10/10
  13. Apr 22, 2014
    One of the best tv shows ever. It has amazing, crude, funny jokes and the plot is always smart. It's a 10/10 because Matt deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Aug 13, 2013
    Having spent too many hours in my life time watching both the Simpson and Futurama i have come to love both dearly. Futurama although looks similar to the Simpson's it is a different show completely, writers have focus on character development more so and in all a story that grows the older it gets.

Its a shame to see Futurama end... it really is.
  15. Dec 3, 2013
    This show is in a word, brilliant. This is hands down Matt Groening's best work, much, much better than the Simpsons. The plots are fantastic and everyone one on the show makes me laugh. Collapse
  16. Jul 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is not perfect but it is pretty close to being perfect, it is that good. I have seen cartoons both good and bad but this one takes the cake for being the best adult cartoon I have ever seen.

Now before you guys go on and say: "Are you crazy? The Simpsons/South Park is way better!" I have to admit I have yet to see a good Simpsons episode and I have not seen enough South Park. But lets get on with this review.

Philip J. Fry just might be the most tragic hero to brace the small screen and that's saying A LOT. Imagine if you woke up 1000 years in the future only to realize that everyone you know and love is dead, of course Turanga Leela shares his grief seeing how she is the only cyclops left in the galaxy (She is later revealed to be a mutant human rather than an alien).

The show boasts great animation that rivals that of The Simpsons, smart yet hilarious jokes throughout, and many emotional moments. The show is an emotional roller coaster, but its quality stays the same. The characters are all quirky and work out in their world perfectly, and none of them seem like a burden on the show's quality as most do in other shows.

The comedy is mainly driven by satirizing modern pop culture, and seeing how this does take place in the future makes that alright while when other shows do it they are attacked. The comedy also gets its roots from the science and math involved in the storylines. Every joke big or small is a bullseye.

The show also has so many tear jerking moments, you might mistake it for a drama. They are usually driven by a character's problem in the past interfering with the present (or future) and are always resolved by one bittersweet moment at a time. For example, Fry's dog from 1999, Seymour, is fossilized and the Professor attempts to reanimate him, Fry decides not to go through with it seeing how he lived a whole life without his owner, and we find out he spent that time waiting for him until he died.

In all sincerity, I think you will like this show if you enjoy a good blend of action, comedy, and drama. Remember nerdlingers:

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    - Futurama

1. Reviewed by: Dave Walker
    Jul 15, 2013
    If the quality holds through subsequent episodes, Futurama has a shot to be the best new TV comedy since King of the Hill. [28 Mar 1999]
  2. Reviewed by: David Zurawik
    Jul 15, 2013
    It is not the greatest half-hour pilot I've ever seen, but it is mighty impressive in how much storytelling it compresses and how many cultural buttons it manages to push in 22 minutes. [26 Mar 1999]
  3. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Jul 15, 2013
    It's not quite the revelation that "The Simpsons" was, but "Futurama" contains enough inventiveness and heart to make it a worthy follow-up. [26 Mar 1999]