Game of Thrones : Season 2

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
9.2

Universal acclaim- based on 2014 Ratings

1. Apr 7, 2012
    Game of Thrones is the best series in TV. The story is just astounding and addicting. If you see the first episode then you become a fan right away. Each and every single one of characters have a rich personality and amazing acting abilities.
  2. Apr 1, 2012
    What can I say? This is the best show I have ever seen. The acting, the production value and the story is top notch. Ignore the ones that rate this under 9.0, their opinions does not matter one bit. The one year wait is over, and it is finally coming to the Television near you!
  3. Apr 1, 2012
    This is easily the best show on TV right now, and one of the best of all time. The acting is consistently solid, the plot so intricate that it's nearly overwhelming, and the characterization is deeper, more realistic, and richer not only than any other show besides The Wire, but deeper/more realistic/richer than half of the real people I've met. Epic in every sense of the word, and just asThis is easily the best show on TV right now, and one of the best of all time. The acting is consistently solid, the plot so intricate that it's nearly overwhelming, and the characterization is deeper, more realistic, and richer not only than any other show besides The Wire, but deeper/more realistic/richer than half of the real people I've met. Epic in every sense of the word, and just as likely to be surprisingly touching as it is to be gut-wrenchingly brutal. Expand
  4. Apr 1, 2012

5. Apr 1, 2012
    In season 1 the first few episodes were character development and not so entertaining. In season 2, the creators are more confident and you can see that in the flow of scenes. Season 2 will have more of everything! WATCH IT! NAO.
  6. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An Amazing start to the new season that's on par with the best of last season. The episode serves as an introduction to the many new characters of Westeros, and thus the time spent with fan favourites is limited, but these new characters are so good I found I didn't even notice. The CGI is a big step up from last season, and the larger than life wolves look incredible. There are some beautiful vistas to be found and Dany's dragons are just as good as was promised in the closing minutes of the last season.

There are some poignant scenes in this episode that highlight how the show is not just typical fantasy fare, but a powerful drama. The execution of Robert's bastards was one such scene, and the interaction between Robb and his mother was very heart-warming - the actors have great chemistry. It was also great to see so many of the cast from skins seasons 1 and 2 in the show. Both Gendry and Craster's daughter/wife Gilly were familiar and very welcome faces.

I truly hope this season is as good for those who haven't read the books as for those who have because I want this show to continue for many years to come, enjoy.
  7. Apr 1, 2012
    Still one of my favourite shows of all time, the plot, characters, and direction of this show are all top notch.
    I have read all 5 books and love how they stay so close to the material that was written. I am very excited for what is going to be a terrific season.
  8. Apr 2, 2012
    Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I could end it there and it would still be a serviceable review. I mean, God, rarely is TV this level of quality. It, in my opinion, is floating around in that area just under The Wire and Breaking Bad with shows like The Sopranos and The West Wing. It's a masterpiece. Fantasy that is actually transposable onto TV. When has this ever happened? How could dragons andWow. Wow, wow, wow. I could end it there and it would still be a serviceable review. I mean, God, rarely is TV this level of quality. It, in my opinion, is floating around in that area just under The Wire and Breaking Bad with shows like The Sopranos and The West Wing. It's a masterpiece. Fantasy that is actually transposable onto TV. When has this ever happened? How could dragons and mystical lands fit in so well on the HBO line-up. How? Because it's just the greatest **** show. Not the most intelligent, not the most well-written, although it is very high up in both of those categories. But it is just the most entertaining. It doesn't demand much of you like The Wire but it simply just gives you what you want without pandering to an audience. It's not simple but it is totally accessible. It's The Sopranos clashed with Lord Of The Rings and slowly told with such grandiosity for a TV show. Expand
  9. Apr 2, 2012
    I said I wasn't coming back for the scond season and I'm glad I did. This premiere was spectacular. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and Justifeid. I think it's time for you guys to give up the throne.
  10. jrb
    Apr 2, 2012
    Have been looking forward to this for 9 months. Still amazed at the beauty of this production. Rewatched first season in preparation and enjoyed it as much the second time around and find that reading the series and watching that first season is almost essential to the understanding of the complexities of the storylines and characters and their interactions. For those of you experiencingHave been looking forward to this for 9 months. Still amazed at the beauty of this production. Rewatched first season in preparation and enjoyed it as much the second time around and find that reading the series and watching that first season is almost essential to the understanding of the complexities of the storylines and characters and their interactions. For those of you experiencing Game for the first time....have patience. It's worth it. Expand
  11. Apr 3, 2012
    Such a wonderful, wonderful show based on wonderful, wonderful books. Great characters, great storyline, great sets, and Tyrion Lannister all make sure to give you the best of everything. Honestly though, I do think it could do without the sex.
  12. Apr 2, 2012
    HBO has so many great shows, and the highest compliment I can pay GOT is that it ranks right up there with The Wire and Deadwood. Actually, nothing can compare to The Wire, but if that possibility existed, GOT would be right there knocking at the door.
  13. Apr 6, 2012
    I first thought that this season would be awesome. Then I remembered the third book, and oh well, it's gonna get even better. I'm already dying to see the next episode. An incredible epic saga to be remembered.
  14. Apr 2, 2012
    That was SOMETHING! Alan Tailor is gonna be famous after this! Beautiful acting, dialogs, perfect sets and certainly story.. Robb and Jaime had an awesome dialogue. Melisandre, Dawos and Stannis fitted just perfectly. And I cant say about all cast, but they ALL were brilliant. Tnx for a great show! Gonna re-watch episode later..
  15. Apr 5, 2012
    This to me is best show around right now, and it follows the material its based off well. It keeps the viewer enthralled with the great stories, memorable characters, and it looks stunning.
  16. Jun 18, 2012
    The series has a propounding way of forcing you to watch its epicness,everything is sooo realistic and the story is very good, such a good cast swell, can't wait for Season 3!!
  17. Apr 2, 2012
    The greatest show on earth returns. The only thing better than this season will be next season. This show os the reason I live. The reason I breathe. The reason I dream. Superb acting all around though especially from Jack Gleeson. Story moves quickly but is easy to follow. Cannot wait for next week.
  18. Apr 3, 2012
    Game of Thrones makes a triumphant return with an epic story, superb cast and some of the best writing on TV. Season 2 tells a tale of greed, loyalty, revenge and family through multiple viewpoints, giving the series an immense scope that has never been so successfully achieved on television.
  19. Apr 3, 2012
    I heard this show was amazing. so i decided to watch season 1 in February. I was so stoked for season 2 and now its the greatest show ever. Great shows arent around now as they were around 2003-2007. Game of thrones is probably top 10 of the best shows in history
  20. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. That was pretty awesome....! of the best tv show ever made just like the The songs of ice and fire book series.

More beautiful than the most of episodes of first season. Alan Tailor did a splendid job.
    Drogod And Greywind looked total badass- great CGI work by pixomondo studio.

Robb/jaime scene was epic. Excellent performances by new and old actors. Stannis just came out of my imagination. Robb/catelyn scene was sentimental. You can easily feel the transition between the storylines and locations-extremely smooth.Must watch-MUST WATCH
  21. Apr 1, 2012
    My favorite show next to The Walking Dead and Justified. Game of Thrones is just incredible. Seriously the best show on TV. Move over Mad Men and Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones is the new hit, you just wont find anything better.
  22. Apr 1, 2012
    One of the best shows from HBO since Deadwood and The Wire. The showrunners do a good job of staying faithful to the source material. Any differences between the show and the books make sense. The set direction is amazing along with the acting.
  23. Oct 28, 2012
    In terms of location shooting, language and imagination this show has no parallel in the history of television. It's a profoundly artistic adaptation of George R R Martin's book. There are some flaws but so what? These are so easy to overlook with all that this show brings to the screen.
  24. Sep 10, 2012
    This was one of the best seasons of a Tv series ive ever watched. It is absolutely fantastic. The acting by each and every actor/ress is superb and i really commend the younger cast (mainly Maisie Williams as Arya) and the Lannister actors. Will definitely watch season3 and all the seasons to come.
  25. Apr 6, 2012
    I didn't like Rome or Spartacus much but this show gets beyond just violence in olden days and delves into an Earth like middle ages where men are men and power rules, and the women are pretty amazing too. It's dark, well scripted, characters are deep, and morality raises it's head on occasions. Almost all the actors are from the UK (save Dinklage, who is my favorite character), and that'sI didn't like Rome or Spartacus much but this show gets beyond just violence in olden days and delves into an Earth like middle ages where men are men and power rules, and the women are pretty amazing too. It's dark, well scripted, characters are deep, and morality raises it's head on occasions. Almost all the actors are from the UK (save Dinklage, who is my favorite character), and that's the way it should be. They have access to so many varied english accents. Expand
  26. Apr 3, 2012
    I unfortunately had the first part of this season spoiled for me. Knowing the result of the ensuing battles is a bit of a letdown, yet somehow I had forgotten all about that during the 1 hour episode that lead off this season. It's a testament to the quality of the show, where acting, set design and writing take precedence over everything else.
  27. Apr 10, 2012
    There isn't much to say about this show that hasn't already been said. The characters are dynamic and deep, the multiple plot concept keeps audience members on the edge of their seats as twists and turns of beautiful written work comes to reality.
  28. Dec 10, 2012
    Almost as brilliant as season 1 but not quite. The show keeps giving amazing performances to awesome writing, beautiful scenery and stunning directing. Some parts were a bit drawn out though, and a little confusing for people who haven't read the books. It is still the best show on TV anywhere.
  29. Apr 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a big Game of Thrones fan and have read all the books. That said, I am finding Season Two a little disappointing. This is perhaps inevitable, as the producers and writers have to follow (mostly) George R.R. Martin's increasingly meandering narrative. In the first season, there were five distinct families: The Starks, the Night's Watch, The Targaryens, the Lannisters and Baratheons. And there were five distinct locations: Winterfell, The Wall, King's Landing, The Eyrie, and the East. All the characters fit fairly well into one or more of these families and locations. As a result, each episode could spend 15 minutes or more on an individual location or family. In Season Two, we are in the first stages of the disintegration of George R.R. Martin's narrative. Book Two, Clash of Kings, is still compelling, but by Book Three, which we should reach in Season Three, the wheels will have come off for good and the producers and writers are going to have some serious decisions (and triage) to perform. In Season Two, the number of characters has already expanded radically, as have locations. We now have the Greyjoys of Pyke, the Baratheons of Dragonstone, and fairly soon we will encounter the Baratheons, Tyrells and Martells of the South, as well as the Tullys of Riverrun and will make the acquaintance of several more loathsome Freys. This is barely supportable in a book, but not in a TV miniseries. As a result, we are already losing characters and locales (anybody notice Sansa, Rickon, or the Vale of Arryn recently?) and some key characters, such as Littlefinger are temporarily revived in pointless scenes that did not occur in the book, just to remind us that they exist and will play an important part later in the story. Fifteen-minute segments are gone, and now we are down to five or ten-minute scenes. Soon, with the proliferation of characters, we won't even have that, and the story will become more and more disjointed, just like George R.R. Martin's books. As time goes on, Martin's story becomes more dreamlike, with no beginning and no end, just a frittering away of the narrative in pointless blind alleys and ever more complicated stories with more and more and still more characters and locales added to the mix, and obvious plot pathways ignored. Martin's books are a work in progress, and they will probably never be finished, as Martin has been suffering from periodic writer's block for the past several years. The obvious conclusion to the story, a few volumes after Book Five, should be the confrontation of Fire and Ice, represented by Daenerys and her dragons on one side, and the White Walkers and Wights on the other, fighting over a Westeros devastated by the increasingly chaotic and pointless struggle of pretenders to the Iron Throne. But at the end of Book Five, Winter has still not come, Daenerys has still not invaded Westeros, the White Walkers have not come south of The Wall, and the number of pretenders to the Iron Throne just grows and grows. This is a dream that has no end, and the producers of Game of Thrones are going to have some major decisions to make. I don't envy them. With regard to the current season, I would like to see a lot more of Tyrion (Peter Dinklage), who justly has top billing now, and a lot more of Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) too, who has only gotten started. Weâ Expand
  30. Apr 19, 2012
    it is the best tv series ever created. After so long time a trully world that can compete against LOTR. The actors did an amazing job and every episode has an intriguing story. Its like consuming drugs, you want more and more, I cant wait for the next episode.

Is Game of Thrones one of the great HBO series? It's too early to tell, though judged purely as an immense yet improbably graceful narrative machine, I'd have to say yes.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Apr 2, 2012
    Game of Thrones starts less like an epic and more like a session of "Medieval Sims."
  3. Reviewed by: Daynah Burnett
    Apr 2, 2012
    The new episodes present an almost a too intricate meditation on power. Game of Thrones demands that you pay attention or be left behind.