• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
9.1

1. Apr 7, 2014
    By knowing what happens from reading Book 3, this second half has the potential to be the greatest season of television ever. The show just keeps topping itself and Benioff & Weiss stay incredibly true to the books. Possibly more-so than any other book-to-TV/Film adaptation ever.
  2. May 5, 2014
    Really great nothing to say more, this series is epic.

It is always immersed in and even if white walkers are expected, one remains in the course of history and things were put in place gradually. Sometimes, it'll really very quickly also and everything is upset suddenly ;)

In short, this series still has for quite a few years to make us dream and it went well to be a true masterpiece!
  3. Oct 9, 2014
    It's just getting better and better !
    Unbelievable how a TV-serie can be made with such a good quality !
    It has all the materials for a great fantasy, adventure serie !
    Glad in this season less good people were killed ! ;)
  4. Aug 28, 2014
    On season one, Baelor delivered a shocking death. On season two, Blackwater shown what could be done with special effects on tv. On season three, The Rains of Castamere gave a precious lesson - in Westeros you should never go to weddings. In all previous seasons there was a standout episode. It's hard to do the same this season - from a child slowly becoming a killer, more murder inOn season one, Baelor delivered a shocking death. On season two, Blackwater shown what could be done with special effects on tv. On season three, The Rains of Castamere gave a precious lesson - in Westeros you should never go to weddings. In all previous seasons there was a standout episode. It's hard to do the same this season - from a child slowly becoming a killer, more murder in weddings, powerful courtroom scenes, amazing cinema-worthy CG, a finale leaving us wanting more like never before - there's more action than all others seasons throughout. The stakes are getting higher, but this is definitely one of the best shows on tv, and demands to be seen by everyone (old enough). Expand
  5. May 31, 2014
    Una de las mejores series de los últimos tiempos. Me gusta absolutamente todo de la serie. Y una mención a parte merece Tyrion para el clamo justicia desde aquí.
  6. Aug 7, 2014
    Like all the other seasons, this season was great. I love the book series and despite the changes needed to be made, I liked them. Awesome show. However, this season lost some appeal of the first two seasons.
  7. Jul 12, 2014
    Each season gets even better and stronger than the last. As last year we had shocking moments in the middle and in the end, this time there are no stops pulled and every character becomes affected by something personal that progresses the story and every character from this moment on. This show
  8. Aug 19, 2014
    With enough twists and turns to make a Shyamalan enthusiast proud, Game of Thrones continues to prove to audiences why it's one of the greatest television series of all time.
  9. Apr 6, 2014
    The show is doing a great job at following the books. I do enjoy all the added scenes. Almost every episodes are going to have some extra scenes that aren't in the book because the books are from first person points of view. So the writers have the freedom to add the scenes that are usually mentioned in the books and some are just created. They just can't make a character go m.i.a like inThe show is doing a great job at following the books. I do enjoy all the added scenes. Almost every episodes are going to have some extra scenes that aren't in the book because the books are from first person points of view. So the writers have the freedom to add the scenes that are usually mentioned in the books and some are just created. They just can't make a character go m.i.a like in the books. Certain things had to be adapted for TV. it keeps the show fresh and keeps the book readers still some way surprised (including myself). I am very pleased with the show. No other TV network would have done the show justice, it requires a big budget though it still not as epic as it is in the books i would still like to thank the writers and HBO for the effort. Two thumbs up. Expand
  10. May 16, 2014
    Great season up there with 1 and 2. Not as much nudity but makes up for it in drama and action. To me it's Season 2,1,4,3 all great some better than others. One issue is...............where are the damn Dragons!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Holy Cow!! This season starts the best with it's 2 episodes so far... The casting, the costumes, the places, the intensity are perfect as always. But man that 2nd episode. I can't believe how much joy I've felt when the thing happened. Thank you Dan Gurewitch you've gained the whole world's hate with that brilliant performance. Now it's time to say our farewells and wait for some more intense scenes that are to come. 10/10 Expand
  12. Apr 29, 2014
    Fantastic performances from the likes of Nikolaj Coster Waldau and Gwendoline Christie really bring this beloved book the small screen treatment it deserves and were only four episodes in!
  13. Apr 13, 2014
    Amazing premiere and second episode.the second episode by far has two be my favorite episode.great acting,amazing costumes,and an incredibly large cast
  14. May 5, 2014
    Fast paced and exciting. The series goes straight into the action and for the most part keeps you interested in the plot. Scenes with certain charecters still do not carry as much weight as you would like. The tense moments and amazing quotes comming from some of these charecters assures your love for them. The well constructed shots and sound design realy show the high grade of the set and crew.
  15. May 13, 2014
    So much tension, so much drama, I have no life and cannot work properly without a dose of GoT! Ok after Breaking Bad I was given a breather for a couple of months which seemed like a year!! but I am glad I waited this long to start watching series 4! I am engrossed by the whitewalkers, what if they ruled on the iron throne!! Scared I am!!
    I cannot breath proper after seeing the trial of
    I cannot breath proper after seeing the trial of Tyrion, again what a damned great performance!!!! Oberon you sexy beast, stop it, you appear to be enjoying the Lannisters and their chaos, Jaime you are kind but it won't work! Shae you are a shame (acted wonderfully again). Cersei chin up you can still throw a good punch even after losing a child (one would have thought you would calm down by now). Just to let you know though, I actually miss Joffrey.
  16. Jun 2, 2014
    The awesomeness continues. Only thing bad is I have to wait a week between episodes when I want to gorge myself on Game of Thrones. Season 4 Episode 8 - I can't believe all of that just happened, Game of Thrones delivers again... and I was really starting to like that guy.
  17. Jun 17, 2014
    There's nothing more to say of this show that wasn't said already. Probably the best show on TV right now. It has everything. Riveting plot, complex characters, great acting, a script that's faithful to the novels, entertaining fight and battle scenes (brought to life by skillful directing), and absorbing drama. I Can't wait for next season.
  18. May 31, 2014
    This Season is amazing, I haven't read the books but have been watching Game of Thrones since the first Season.

Game of Thrones is my favorite TV Series ever. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing. There are so many main characters with their own stories than the TV focuses on and I feel so much for these characters, it seems so real (In a Game of Thrones, Seven Kingdoms, Different World kind of way), this isn't afraid to kill off characters really well and unexpectedly for the sake of the story.

Amazing, 10/10
  19. Jun 14, 2014
    Somethings can't be put into words without taking from their value.
    Watch it. Now.

This is where I write some more, and even though you see the dramatic value of my review has been broken- that's the nature of the 150 character minimum rule.
  20. Apr 8, 2014
    Based on the first episode this season is going to be amazing. The Hound and Arya are absolutely killing it. Oberyn and the Thenns (two new "characters") are introduced so well! Both are immideatly easy to recognize and have extremely strong characteristics. There is so much to say but in all it's amazing :P
  21. May 1, 2014
    consistently amazing. In every way. Simply the best show that has ever been. The Costumes, the writing, the acting, there are over a dozen intriguing characters that are constantly being traded for by being killed off and new ones introduced and only one actor seems to be not getting it (the one who plays Bran)

Just undeniably incredible. and this season is the best so far!
  22. Apr 10, 2014
    What other show has a cast this large, and yet can get so much out of each character in such a small amount of screen time? Im amazed at the locations, the casting, the acting, writing...its all just so well done. And the music? Oberyn has his own theme, along with the Thenns, and it just all is handled with an obvious passion from everyone involved. Start from season 1 and just enjoyWhat other show has a cast this large, and yet can get so much out of each character in such a small amount of screen time? Im amazed at the locations, the casting, the acting, writing...its all just so well done. And the music? Oberyn has his own theme, along with the Thenns, and it just all is handled with an obvious passion from everyone involved. Start from season 1 and just enjoy this incredible story; you will enjoy this much more if you have followed along from the beginning! Great first episode of season 4, with a rare happy ending of sorts...which seems to never happen in this story. Expand
  23. Jun 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now that the season is over, I'm changing my 9 to a 10. That they managed to sync up Tyrian's escape and time the final scene to play on Father's Day was one of the most brilliant moments in TV history -- I'm not kidding, it really was. And the way Aria left the Hound, presented the coin, and sailed off, was perfect. The burnt child and locking up the dragons, heartbreaking. Over and over again, this season hit all the right notes. They knew when to go with the books, when to supplement, and when to depart. It was a little hard, I read ahead, and it took out some of the fun to know generally what was coming. But kudos for managing to, even so, make this an incredibly enjoyable season, top notch episodic television. Expand
  24. Apr 20, 2014
    Before I begin my review, I feel obligated to say: People that give this an 8 then criticize everyone who gives it a 10 really REALLY bother me. To the individual I am addressing but not completely calling out, I must beg that you be pragmatic in your future critiques. Your opinion is NOT fact. Maybe I believe that Breaking Bad and Justified are great shows, but do not quite "match up" toBefore I begin my review, I feel obligated to say: People that give this an 8 then criticize everyone who gives it a 10 really REALLY bother me. To the individual I am addressing but not completely calling out, I must beg that you be pragmatic in your future critiques. Your opinion is NOT fact. Maybe I believe that Breaking Bad and Justified are great shows, but do not quite "match up" to HBO's The Wire and Game of Thrones. But that is MY opinion. It is still not fact.

And to the next person I hear compare Game of Thrones to that, IN MY OPINION, inconsistent (though still oddly entertaining) mess of a series The Walking Dead as if they are on the same level of quality, or for that matter, use the idiotic concept "over hyped", I will cut off his manhood and feed it to the goats!

Now, to the review: Yes, I am reviewing this season only two episodes in. To those who disapprove, be sated by the fact that if something were to change my opinion down the road a few episodes I will update my review accordingly. But, having the distinct advantage that I have read the books and having not been disappointed thus far, I am fairly confident this season will be the best yet. And since Metacritic will not let me give the show the 11 I feel it deserves, I am forced to give Game of Thrones another 10 for this season.

In my opinion, the books series it is based on, A Song of Ice and Fire, is simply the single greatest adult fantasy series out there that I have read, and Game of Thrones has done a near-perfect job adapting such a vast text to fit a television format. Do I have occasional quibbles about the showrunners adaption choices? Of course. But, so far, none have been immense enough to warrant me docking the show even 1/4 of a point.

I cannot wait to see some of my favorite scenes from the books adapted for the big screen. This season will most definitely be unforgettable and the pinnacle of great television, in my opinion.
  25. Apr 16, 2014
    Having read the books, the material for this season is off the charts spectacular. If the first two episodes of S4 are any indication, this will be an historic season of television. The writers and directors are operating with tremendous confidence now after clearing the hurdle of season 3's Red Wedding. It's as if they're 'playing with house money'. Having that monkey off their back seemsHaving read the books, the material for this season is off the charts spectacular. If the first two episodes of S4 are any indication, this will be an historic season of television. The writers and directors are operating with tremendous confidence now after clearing the hurdle of season 3's Red Wedding. It's as if they're 'playing with house money'. Having that monkey off their back seems to have freed them from any hesitations. The production and acting are peaking at the same time as the book material is peaking - it's going to be a pleasure and privilege to watch. Expand
  26. Jun 23, 2014
    Best season to date. It was a bit slow at times, but the payoffs made it all worth it. Great acting as always, along with great writing, effects, and directing. It was a great season, and even though a lot changed from the books this season, I can't find much wrong with it unless I get obsessively nit-picky.
  27. Jun 8, 2014
    Me sigo emocionando como la primera temporada... si no la has visto, no pierdas el tiempo y empieza a disfrutar esta gran serie basada a un libro genial!!
  28. Apr 26, 2014
    It's only getting better. Huge dramatic setpieces (including another wedding that may be a bigger deal than the last one). Intimate character moments. New storylines. New cast members (Pedro Pascal is killing it as Prince Oberyn). There's no filler here; each episode so far has been packed to the brim with significant new happenings.

Game of Thrones continues to be an unprecedented

Game of Thrones continues to be an unprecedented achievement in television history: the epic scope of the story, the best production values money could buy, and the most compelling cast of characters on the screen. It'll be interesting to see how far this season goes, but at this point it feels like the show can't possibly screw up.
  29. Apr 14, 2014
    Spectacular ! Everything from the costuming to the writing / suspense the trills , the shocking events. My top favorite tv show. Now, I want to read the book! I have to admit so far the red wedding was the most shocking event .. haven't seen the latest but will tonight!
  30. Apr 14, 2014
    This show is fantastic. Enough said. I now must make this amazing review one hundred and fifty characters long. Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore.
  31. Apr 27, 2014
    Simply put, this series is the best piece of fantasy ever transferred to the screen. LoTR was great but truly lacked when it came to character development. GoT has character development for days!!!...well at least as long as the character survives.
  32. May 1, 2014
    This season, the episodes are great as before. The actors are acting very naturally, and the death and blood continue. Nudity is more restricted than before. I would like to see the next episodes!
  33. Apr 9, 2014
    -1 for have to wait a week to see next ep. cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait cant wait.
  34. Apr 13, 2014
    Wonderful as has been expected, and even more so. Lack the words to express my delight and pleasure to watch this brilliant thing. Actors, music, scenery... all perfect.
  35. Apr 15, 2014
    I honestly thoroughly enjoyed this episode and it was a masterpiece. I truly love Game of Thrones, the production quality is so high, the actors are phenomenal, and the writing is top-notch. Season 4s episode truly got me back into the Game of Thrones mindset. This is an amazing season premiere.
  36. Jun 4, 2014
    The story just keeps getting better! I am glued to almost every scene of this show. The first TV program that has truly shocked me at the climax of an episode...or 3! Every character has something to offer and the show makes you care about everyone of them (soo many)...I just hope they have a satisfying ending to this show as it could ruin the whole thing in the way dexter did (neverThe story just keeps getting better! I am glued to almost every scene of this show. The first TV program that has truly shocked me at the climax of an episode...or 3! Every character has something to offer and the show makes you care about everyone of them (soo many)...I just hope they have a satisfying ending to this show as it could ruin the whole thing in the way dexter did (never thought it was possible but it happened). If you haven't started watching GoT START TODAY, you will find yourself wanting to know everything about every character and how the story all comes together in the end...if there ever is one! Expand
  37. Apr 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. oh my god the purple wedding *spoiler alert* that little psychopath joffrey got what was coming to his spoiled ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  38. May 4, 2014
    I can imagine anyone that starts watching this season without having seen the first three can get a little confused. My advice however, would be to go and watch them ASAP. This is one of those shows that just gets better and better. Those familiar with the books will know that as the seasons progress, they deviate more and more from the original material, and season four is certainly inI can imagine anyone that starts watching this season without having seen the first three can get a little confused. My advice however, would be to go and watch them ASAP. This is one of those shows that just gets better and better. Those familiar with the books will know that as the seasons progress, they deviate more and more from the original material, and season four is certainly in line with this. Whether this is good or bad will really depend on your point of view. This season has everything; well scripted dialogue, well-developed characters and a story line that leads you to think "Aw... It's already over" after 50 or so minutes with eyes being glued to the screen. Season four in particular has some of the best twists to date and being only 4 episodes in, expect plenty more still to come. Expand
  39. Apr 13, 2014
    Season 4 Episode 2 just finished and I have to say I am most impressed, even more impressed than I was believed to be before in preparation before watching via the trailers. All I can say is that I wish they would make the Seasons 18 Episodes long with 8 episodes airing then a mid season break for a month or two and then the latter half of the season which would be the other 8 episodes.Season 4 Episode 2 just finished and I have to say I am most impressed, even more impressed than I was believed to be before in preparation before watching via the trailers. All I can say is that I wish they would make the Seasons 18 Episodes long with 8 episodes airing then a mid season break for a month or two and then the latter half of the season which would be the other 8 episodes. This would of course make up for the HUGE storylines being mushed out due to time constraints and there's such a big cast it would allow for every main character and every house(even) within the books to properly assert the lore from the books adapted to the show with precision and accuracy without cutting any ends off to narrow down and dull down stories. For crying out loud this it he NUMBER 1 SHOW ON METACRITIC!!!! HBO'S NUMBER 1 CASH CROP!!! Just think how many people would tune in to 18 episodes compared to as they do already to the limited and held back 10 episodes per season which are supposed to be covering sometimes a whole novel or a whole novel and parts of other novels as well in different time lapses! Look how the Walking Dead is doing and it's on AMC for crying out loud!!! Just think how Game of Thrones would do with a similar addition to 18 Episode Seasons which would give George RR Martin more time to finish his last two novels and give the writers more time to construct more stories and give more vibrant background stories more color as there are so many main characters now that there's NO WAY with 10 episodes per season we'd ever be able to fully get to know the characters from the books properly on the show before they died or fulfilled their task before going away or dying. All I can say is I never used to be into TV Shows but since True Blood(early) Dexter, Weeds(early), Californication, The Walking Dead, Shameless, and a few others that I now enjoy TV Shows more than movies. I do admit that I would LOVE to see a Trilogy of Game of Thrones Movies either from Roberts Rebellion to help explain happenings and what knots from season 1 talk from Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon as well as Stannis with Kings End, and how the Mad King Aryes Targaryen and his use of wildfire came of high and loved use. But the trilogy could start with the Dragons last days, then drying during the war that laid them to rest in the introductory, then years later of generations as the Targareyans catch up to the mad king in the second movie and let it play its course out to the third and final movie to be a prelude of sorts to the first season of Game of Thrones the Series. Collapse
  40. Apr 16, 2014
    As the pervious seasons, the first two episodes of this season has gotten things rolling quickly! The intelligent writing keeps the pace of the show going. Not only do they give you satisfying conclusions to side plots but they keep the build up to one amazing battle going throughout every episode.
  41. May 13, 2014
    I find everything about this show perfect except that this season I think the story is progressing too fast. GOT has many interesting subplots in it but still it was a series that had a main plot that made the audience wonder what would happen next and these issues were resolved in the 9th episodes for some reason. This season lacks a central plot, is more packed with action and is moreI find everything about this show perfect except that this season I think the story is progressing too fast. GOT has many interesting subplots in it but still it was a series that had a main plot that made the audience wonder what would happen next and these issues were resolved in the 9th episodes for some reason. This season lacks a central plot, is more packed with action and is more dynamic but now the subplots seem to have less gravity. Due to this reason I sort of became more detached to the characters so at the moment for me it is like watching a great football tournament but my team is not in it this season. Still GOT is the best series that HBO came up with. Expand
  42. Apr 17, 2014
    Up until season 3, Game of Thrones was a 9.5 but only two episodes in and Season 4 is stellar!! Absolutely amazing performances by Peter Dinklage as always. When Tyrion was telling Shae she must leave, painfully calling her a whore to save her. The Red Viper aka Oberyn Martell is a true Dornishmen. Seeing the cultural differences between King's Landing and Dorne is thrilling and PedroUp until season 3, Game of Thrones was a 9.5 but only two episodes in and Season 4 is stellar!! Absolutely amazing performances by Peter Dinklage as always. When Tyrion was telling Shae she must leave, painfully calling her a whore to save her. The Red Viper aka Oberyn Martell is a true Dornishmen. Seeing the cultural differences between King's Landing and Dorne is thrilling and Pedro Pascal plays Oberyn perfectly "The Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts". It gets better though Jack Gleason amazingly portrays a degrading Joffery who gets his just desserts after commanding the master of coin, his uncle Tyrion Lannister bow to him. I can go on and on about the stunning writing, acting, sets, etc. but all I can honestly do is tell you to get HBO or head to shop.hbo.com and buy the blurays. Game of Thrones is perfection, not only the best show but the best piece of media/literature ever. Expand
  43. Apr 14, 2014
    Oh my GOD... I Cant understand what happened 10 minutes ago (Watching 2nd episode) ... it was extraordinary... it IS!!!!!
    Second episode was Great in every moment... in every detail... this TV show surely is the best in the whole TV history... Absolutely it was A GREAT performance i have seen in TV by actors and actresses, ever...
    Congratulations... to all cast and credits of this show.
    Congratulations... to all cast and credits of this show.
    Watch This show and Enjoy from every moment of it... :)
  44. Apr 18, 2014
    People that give this a 10 really REALLY bother me.
    True, it's the best of the season (out of the 2 episodes so far)
    But it's not phenomenal by an means, doesn't match up to Justified or even come close to shows like Breaking Bad. What makes the show worth watching is the intelligent writing, the plot twists and the great CGI, let alone all the unwariness of whose the next to die? All
    People that give this a 10 really REALLY bother me.
    True, it's the best of the season (out of the 2 episodes so far)

What makes the show worth watching is the intelligent writing, the plot twists and the great CGI, let alone all the unwariness of whose the next to die? All the betrayals and **** up deaths are extremely entertaining.

This show is a great show, but I want people to please be aware that there's much better shows out there.

The best way to explain this show is that it's just like The Walking Dead. Over hyped and over dramatized.
  45. Apr 24, 2014
    I'm a fan of the books, but I'm largely pleased with how well the show has followed them - and as importantly - how the show has DEPARTED from them in some ways.

However, I think we can all agree: it needs more Hodor!
  46. Jun 5, 2014
    Game of Thrones is like if Dune had a baby with Lord of the Rings. The show is epic, the acting is mostly great. It pushes all the right buttons for me.
  47. Sep 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. NEEDLESS injection of PORN

17% of series 4 must be fast forward to avoid scandalizing with filth.

Mother of Dragons exacts vengeance against Unjust rule /without/ mercy. Our little hero is executed. :(
  48. Nov 4, 2014
    Game of Thrones is an amazing shows. This show has amazing acting from every single person on it, the visuals are amazing, and the set is realistic and beautiful. Game of thrones offers one of the bedt television drama series ever.
  49. Jul 20, 2014
    A still excellent series that benefits from seasons that don't exceed 10 episodes making it easier to pack a lot of story and events into each episode so there are few dull moments. Season 4's stride definitely kicks in about half way in and, just like Game of Thrones is expected to do, leaves you with an incredible close of the season. If you're not watching GoT, you should be. If youA still excellent series that benefits from seasons that don't exceed 10 episodes making it easier to pack a lot of story and events into each episode so there are few dull moments. Season 4's stride definitely kicks in about half way in and, just like Game of Thrones is expected to do, leaves you with an incredible close of the season. If you're not watching GoT, you should be. If you hate it, you're wrong ;) Expand
  50. Mar 17, 2015
    This season has highest body count so far. The writing is a masterfully handled as ever and big moments happen left and right. It just keeps shocking at every turn. Even it's slower moments push things forward in some way. The season concludes perfectly leaving us satisfied with the conclusions to it's plot-lines and pointing towards big things on the horizon.

The biggest improvement

The biggest improvement this season has is probably with the action. There's more of it than there has been before. Minor battles rival the all out wars in other media. The big battle here is unbelievable. Impressive effects and extremely high-stakes. It had me sitting on the edge of my seat with fear and anticipation. Same goes for the several one-on-one duels in this season. They are just as tense and incredibly brutal. To put it simply as I can the action is as flawless and believable as the writing.

This simply another excellent season for this masterpiece of a show. Some plot-lines can be a little slow at times, but it doesn't matter because even it's slower moments are gripping and involving. When it comes to handling multiple plots, characters, and events Game of Thrones is second to none. This season only amplifies that fact and spills more blood than it's predecessors in the process. Game of Thrones is still on top in season 4.

I give season 4 a 9.8/10.
  51. Jun 23, 2014
    Game of Thrones fourth season didn't quite have the narrative consistency of season three and on occasions some characters storylines, such as that of Daenerys’, didn't really seem to go anywhere for a good few episodes. Fortunately however this was more the exception rather than the rule and for the majority of the ten episodes we were treated to intriguing storylines, fantastic actionGame of Thrones fourth season didn't quite have the narrative consistency of season three and on occasions some characters storylines, such as that of Daenerys’, didn't really seem to go anywhere for a good few episodes. Fortunately however this was more the exception rather than the rule and for the majority of the ten episodes we were treated to intriguing storylines, fantastic action scenes and completely unpredictable moments. There hasn't ever been another show quite like Game of Thrones and I can’t wait for season five. Expand
  52. Jun 16, 2014
    A truly spectacular season of a truly spectacular television show. I get done watching these and am amazed at how emotional and amped-up they've made me, the same feelings I get after a good epic movie. TV shows that can do this to me are exceedingly rare (The Sopranos and the modern Battlestar Galactica are the only other two that come to mind on this level).

This was perhaps the

This was perhaps the most cohesive and coherent season so far, which is saying a lot, actually. For the most part we've stopped meeting hordes of new characters, and we've time now to get more deeply-invested in the ones we do know. Obviously we're going to lose some along the way, that's the beauty of a series like Game of Thrones (or Walking Dead, for that matter). Unless you've read the books, the not knowing what's coming is pure joy. This season felt somehow even more frenzied than the last several, leaving viewers dangling from perilous event to perilous event, from show to show. Although I've been impressed with every season so far, all the stakes feel even higher this season. Set design, cinematography, writing, direction, acting, action scenes, costumes, CGI - all still completely stellar - with the usual highlight being the ability of the writers to layer together all these concurrent stories seamlessly. Yes, this is a show it is mandatory to watch from the beginning of season 1. There are 8 million plotlines going on. And that's where the magic remains with the program. The fact that viewers are never allowed to get lost or become disinterested in any of these storylines. It's a tremendous dance, and one that is bringing all the lines together - slowly at first, and now much more rapidly. This season is bookended by a premiere and closer that are among the strongest episodes from any season. And the season ends looking forward, with many of the aforementioned plotlines having grown increasingly complex, with the highest stakes yet.

This really is the pinnacle of what TV can be.
  53. Apr 12, 2015
    A wonderful set up to what is supposed to be one of the most action packed seasons to date. With the premiere of season 5 tonight, Season 4 really did a good job of setting the table for what is to come. I personally am a fan of the fact that they are going to change it up from the book a bit, as long as it's with Martin's blessing. The show is going to finish the series long before theA wonderful set up to what is supposed to be one of the most action packed seasons to date. With the premiere of season 5 tonight, Season 4 really did a good job of setting the table for what is to come. I personally am a fan of the fact that they are going to change it up from the book a bit, as long as it's with Martin's blessing. The show is going to finish the series long before the books do, if they ever do, and it has now caught up to the point that it's starting to become its own thing. I would like for them to implement the characters they are supposed to but wherever they go from here, which will be different from the books soon, I have faith that that they will pull it off. The show is one of the best on T.V. and easily the best medieval-esque show on television period. I can trust them to finish the series on a good note eventually, meaning I have full confidence they will make season 5 and beyond wonderful beyond reproach. Expand
  54. Aug 3, 2014
    What can I say about Game of Thrones? It's perfect! It's one of the shows I enjoy watching the most. Undoubtedly, one of the best shows in TV history. Watch it!
  55. Jun 30, 2014
    Epic. Fantastic. Beautiful. Horrifying. Terrible. Heartbreaking. Twisted. Unexpected (I'm not YET a book reader). These are all words that could aptly describe this show, and Season 4 continues what is turning out to be arguably my favorite television show. Now excuse me while I mourn both the death of one of my favorite characters (not another one! ughh...) and the fact that Season 5Epic. Fantastic. Beautiful. Horrifying. Terrible. Heartbreaking. Twisted. Unexpected (I'm not YET a book reader). These are all words that could aptly describe this show, and Season 4 continues what is turning out to be arguably my favorite television show. Now excuse me while I mourn both the death of one of my favorite characters (not another one! ughh...) and the fact that Season 5 isn't until next year. Expand
  56. Dec 16, 2014
    Beautiful, barbaric, breathless. Season 4 wastes no time with the niceties, getting right to the mark and satisfying our needs for more murder, conspiracy, and most of all, entertainment. This is the season that I feel cements the increasingly consistent Game of Thrones at the top of the TV drama ladder, along with only a few shows that are worthy of such a position. The first half of theBeautiful, barbaric, breathless. Season 4 wastes no time with the niceties, getting right to the mark and satisfying our needs for more murder, conspiracy, and most of all, entertainment. This is the season that I feel cements the increasingly consistent Game of Thrones at the top of the TV drama ladder, along with only a few shows that are worthy of such a position. The first half of the season is impressive in all regards but it's the second half that elevates season 4 above it's predecessors. The story feels as flexible and fierce as usual. The characters are also as feisty as ever. Oberyn Martell is my pick as the best new character. Deep down though, it's the way the plotlines intertwine and conclude satisfyingly that elevates Game of Thrones to a height that many other shows can only dream of. Expand
  57. Feb 20, 2015
    Season 4 of "Game of Thrones" was superb. The question is how can Season 5 top it? Simply brilliant on every level. Whilst not reaching the horror level of "The Red Wedding", Season 4 holds enough great moments to keep old fans happy.
  58. Jun 20, 2014
    The acting is beyond brilliant and engaging, as well as are the story-lines. The juxtaposition of putting all these characters together adds chemistry that would otherwise be lacking in most adaptations of books. This is victorious over Lord of the Rings by far.
  59. Jul 3, 2014
    RR Martin's "Game of Thrones" will have the same longevity and appeal that is seen in Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings". Watching Game of Thrones leaves me in one of two states; amused by its audacity or entrenched in the beautifully gentle and steadfast relationships it creates.
  60. Nov 18, 2014
    The fourth season or game of thrones is simply the best season of game of thrones so far.It just cant beat fifth season of breaking bad, so this season is the second best of all series if had ever watched.
  61. Aug 16, 2014
    Apologies for the tired cliche, but simply, Game of Thrones is like a good-aged Scottish whiskey...it just gets better with age - as long as you don't get too attached to the characters that is! Benioff and Weiss have done a magnificent job of transferring the beloved novels written by GRRM onto our home television sets, and have also done us all a great service in meticulously assemblingApologies for the tired cliche, but simply, Game of Thrones is like a good-aged Scottish whiskey...it just gets better with age - as long as you don't get too attached to the characters that is! Benioff and Weiss have done a magnificent job of transferring the beloved novels written by GRRM onto our home television sets, and have also done us all a great service in meticulously assembling a mighty fine cast; the best on TV at the moment by a country mile in my opinion. Season 4 of GoT is as good a serial drama you're likely to see, do believe the hype - it really is that great! Expand
  62. Dec 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season took television to a whole new level. not only is this the best season of game of thrones I've seen. it may very well be one of the best seasons I have ever seen come out of television.. ever.. Jon Snow, Tyrion and Arya obviously take the place for me as the best characters, Arya being on of the sickest and awesomest, Jon being one of the fiercest and Tyrion showing that he has a darker side and will not be **** with.. I loved this season so much, Daenerys Targaryen is going to **** **** up.. however I'm a little confused with this dragons stuff.. I have a feeling it'll be more explained next season but with her advisor gone (also one of the best characters) I cannot wait to see what will be done with his character next.. I loved this season more than the last.. and now to those who compare game of thrones to either breaking bad or the walking dead I can say this.. This is on par with breaking bad by being one of the best shows on television and it wipes the ****ing floor with the walking dead, as did breaking bad.. This show is ****ing incredible... now I have to wait for the next season and I hope it's as good as this one.. Expand
  63. Jan 2, 2015
    Easily the best serious so far. Packed with the best visuals on tv right now, alongn with flawless acting and all the contorvesial and flawed characters you can expect, with just as many deaths and living up to the res wedding of the previous season AND easily being the most emotional, this season tops them all. With the Hound and Arya scenes being some of the best of the series! ThisEasily the best serious so far. Packed with the best visuals on tv right now, alongn with flawless acting and all the contorvesial and flawed characters you can expect, with just as many deaths and living up to the res wedding of the previous season AND easily being the most emotional, this season tops them all. With the Hound and Arya scenes being some of the best of the series! This season is badass, brutal, emotional, dangerous, mysterious, and only racking up the tension even more for winter. This also has some of the greatest fight choreography on TV, and also showcasing some great tracking shots which aren't too common on TV (episode 9 track shot). Beautiful tv. And to those who say it's too violent and sexual, that's how it's meant to be to show it's brutality as in medieval times it could've been like that in real life not just a fiction land. And brutality is needed in these times, as WINTER IS COMING. Expand
  64. Jan 3, 2015
    GOT has got to be the best show ever created. There is nothing in any way negative about this show that i could possibly think of. Seeing characters come and go is pleasing as it is sad. In reality no one is safe, which shows that GOT is serious about life or death situations, because they show that aspect of life. The characters show life and the scenery show life. This is the best show iGOT has got to be the best show ever created. There is nothing in any way negative about this show that i could possibly think of. Seeing characters come and go is pleasing as it is sad. In reality no one is safe, which shows that GOT is serious about life or death situations, because they show that aspect of life. The characters show life and the scenery show life. This is the best show i ever laid my eyes one. it captivates anyone that watches it. i know many people that don't like mid evil stuff, fantasy stuff, and fiction, but love Game of Thrones. I hope they keep the world of ice and fire on tv for many years to come. They might make a Duncan the tall prequel show. That would be amazing. if your not a believer, give this show a try, it deserves it. Expand
  65. Dec 21, 2014
    Entire season 4 is nearly one great climax, at least the second half. The seasons of Game of Thrones just keep on matching themselves, and all the happenings are still just as shocking as ever, even after the Red Wedding. Being the second part of the third book, it seems only natural that the drama is more tense all the way through in season 4. Still, it`s hard not to be impressed by howEntire season 4 is nearly one great climax, at least the second half. The seasons of Game of Thrones just keep on matching themselves, and all the happenings are still just as shocking as ever, even after the Red Wedding. Being the second part of the third book, it seems only natural that the drama is more tense all the way through in season 4. Still, it`s hard not to be impressed by how perfect the structure is, considering the fact that it starts in the middle of a book (which is also divided in two parts). Expand
  66. Oct 14, 2014
    My favorite tv show out their! great characters (tyrion) amazing plot (tyrions) beautiful special effects (anything to do with tyrion) and all around awesome! (BTW TYRION FTW)
  67. Jul 10, 2014
    La temporada 4 fue considerablemente mejor que la tercera. La serie volvió a recuperar algo de brío, algo de magia que le faltaba a la 3. Tiene capítulos geniales, como los dos primeros y los tres últimos. Me encantó el noveno, echaba de menos un capítulo con tanta acción. No se veía uno así desde el de la Batalla del Aguasnegras de la segunda temporada. Espero que la quinta sigaLa temporada 4 fue considerablemente mejor que la tercera. La serie volvió a recuperar algo de brío, algo de magia que le faltaba a la 3. Tiene capítulos geniales, como los dos primeros y los tres últimos. Me encantó el noveno, echaba de menos un capítulo con tanta acción. No se veía uno así desde el de la Batalla del Aguasnegras de la segunda temporada. Espero que la quinta siga manteniendo la calidad. Ya tengo ganas de ver como queda Andalucía en la serie :D Expand
  68. Jul 21, 2014
    In my opinion the best season since the first one. Having read the books there are some differences but i think in essence the story was adapted very well. No scenes that i wanted to be in there were left out except Penny at Joffrey's wedding.
  69. Jul 23, 2014
    I would like to thank the Creators for the hours of extasy of watching the movie.
    It was unforgettable time, I wish i could forget it all and see once again!
    Story is great! Realisation is great too. It is not a tv show- it is long movie. Some words about actors: Charles Dance is the greatest! No-one fits more, he carved of the solid character! Old school! I admire his acting!)) Peter
    It was unforgettable time, I wish i could forget it all and see once again!
    Story is great! Realisation is great too.
    It is not a tv show- it is long movie.
    Peter Dinklage is not only good actor, he is unique!
    Must say Pedro Pascal was unbeaten and unexcelledin his episodes!(thanks for story also ))
    Also must mention Music! Dramatic! Interriors- very creative and professional! Scenes views.
    Minus -some time computer animation offended the eye. But i saw - they tried hard!
    Creators, actors and most of all George Martin - thank you for the time i'v been with your masterpiece - it will be in the list of the world art treasures!
    P.S. I want more!)
  70. Jul 25, 2014
    the director knows what exactly a normal viewer likes to think about the ending of a story and he would act exactly against it . a simple but not easy strategy that keep us amazed and entertained . cant wait to see the rest .
  71. Sep 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just like every other season, it was epic. The worst moment of the season was when Oberyn Martel gets massacred. I remember feeling sick and so upset. Regardless, If you have not started watching this show, do it now. Expand
  72. Sep 18, 2014
    Fantastic! The only bad thing is the waiting between seasons, and that there are so few episodes per season, and that you know it only has a few seasons left. Best show ever.
  73. Oct 5, 2014
    The show is very well built. The actors and the screen plays are fantastic. The set is just amazing. Directors focus their attention on every details.
  74. Mar 15, 2015
    Hands down its the best season of the best show in the entire world and the entire history of television. Every season has a big moment either a big death will occur or a big battle. But this season it dealt with 4 major character deaths and one big major battle. And this show will only be gettin better and better.
  75. Mar 30, 2015
  76. Apr 27, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Season 4 is easily the best season of the series and one of the best seasons in TV History. There are some amazing episodes: "The Lion and the Rose" (I have to praise Lena Headey's acting in the really cool Joffrey's death), "The Laws of Gods and Men" (Peter Dinklage is amazing, deserving of an Emmy in his epic speech), "The Mountain and the Viper" (Oberyn's death is incredibly impressive), "The Watchers on the Wall" (stunning battle scenes) and one of the best episodes of that year, "The Children".

I have to highlight the performances by Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Gwendoline Christie, Pedro Pascal and Natalie Dormer.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Apr 4, 2014
    This narrative pokiness is redeemed, as usual, by the machine-tooled professionalism of the production, the lavish attention to the mock-medieval costumes and setting, and the mostly crisp, understated acting by the international cast.... More than ever, though, you may find yourself impatient for the plot to wind around to the more engaging story lines.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Molloy
    Apr 4, 2014
    The acting is delightful, the visuals are sumptuous, the stories couldn't be more surprising.
    The storytelling seems to have hit a new peak of relaxed confidence. In every scene you get a sense of steady forward motion. New characters are introduced and old characters deepened, and devious new plots are laid out so deftly that it's not until midway through episode three that you look back over everything that came before and laugh at yourself for not having seen a particular surprise coming