Game of Thrones : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.2

1. Oct 18, 2017
    Game of Thrones. Season 1. The series which became one of the best in my personal list. The play of actors, a fascinating plot and these eternal endings of episodes (who looked, he will understand).
  2. Sep 10, 2017
    Simplemente increíble, la historia es fantástica, los personajes muy buenos (buenos y malos), la producción de la serie se nota que esta muy trabajada, sinceramente la mejor serie que vi, la recomiendo totalmente.
  3. Sep 10, 2017
    Everyone that I know looks forward to putting everything aside for sixty to ninety minutes on Sunday to be able to escape reality. I did not read the books at all, but have found that talking to others about the show or just simply looking something up on the internet can answer just about any questions you have about the show. I would recommend this show to anyone. Cannot wait until season 8.
  4. Sep 10, 2017
    Magnificently put together in every facet. From the storyline to the acting, Game of Thrones is one step ahead of other shows. I was worried at first that the show would venture away from the books too much but they have done a good job for the most part following the book. GOT is a constant adventure and I cannot wait for the final season.
  5. Aug 31, 2017
    Unfortunately, Game of Thrones (based on G.R.R.M's "A Song of Ice and Fire", for the first ~5 seasons), has been going downhill since the TV show writers had to take over the meat of the scripts rather than relying on adapting GRRM's books. Sad. The writing in season 7 was terrible. Utterly contrived plot points and plot armour up the wazoo.

Seasons 1-3: 10/10 Season 4: 9/10 Season 5:

Seasons 1-3: 10/10
    Season 4: 9/10
    Season 5: 8/10
    Season 6: 7/10
    Season 7: 4/10
  6. Aug 30, 2017
    Unlike the rest of the series, I really loved Season 1 of Game of Thrones. I am a huge fan of the books, and I am actually able to watch Season 1 fully immersed. Outstanding cast, bravo to Mark Addey, Sean Bean, Jason Mamoa, and Harry Lloyd's contribution to the season. While seasons 6-7 move closer and closer to endless action and pure excitement, they lack the down to earth, seriousUnlike the rest of the series, I really loved Season 1 of Game of Thrones. I am a huge fan of the books, and I am actually able to watch Season 1 fully immersed. Outstanding cast, bravo to Mark Addey, Sean Bean, Jason Mamoa, and Harry Lloyd's contribution to the season. While seasons 6-7 move closer and closer to endless action and pure excitement, they lack the down to earth, serious backbone that made all of this matter in the first place. Expand
  7. Aug 12, 2017
    An extremely successful, fantasy fairy tale in a mediaeval partly gloomy setting with an exciting background story, contemporary political elements and interesting actors. Regie, picture, sound, costume and narrative are fantastic. The battles are terrific. Cgi was perfectly integrated. The best so far I've seen in series.
  8. Aug 2, 2017
    I have to confess, I really needed some time to get into "Game of Thrones". Everyone around me said how great this series is, so i`ve watched the first episode and thought afterwards: "Yeah, good, but what`s so great about it?" The characters felt a little cliche, the plot wasn`t that stunning and the end of the episode was very put-on. But after watching the next few episodes, I reallyI have to confess, I really needed some time to get into "Game of Thrones". Everyone around me said how great this series is, so i`ve watched the first episode and thought afterwards: "Yeah, good, but what`s so great about it?" The characters felt a little cliche, the plot wasn`t that stunning and the end of the episode was very put-on. But after watching the next few episodes, I really started caring about the characters, as well as hating many of them.
    In my opinion, the first season of "Game of Thrones" takes a bit too much time to really start, but everything asides from that is somehow fascinating and very addictive.
  9. Jul 15, 2017
    By far the best thing on TV. So much going on and all of it is interesting. Ready for House Stark to come back together. Magical and mystical just the kind of show can't wait to see every week.
  10. Jun 5, 2017
    In the mythical continent of Westeros, several powerful families fight for control of the Seven Kingdoms. As conflict erupts in the kingdoms of men, an ancient enemy rises once again to threaten them all. Meanwhile, the last heirs of a recently usurped dynasty plot to take back their homeland from across the Narrow Sea.
  11. May 22, 2017
    The best televistion series that you can watch on TV nowadays. Brilliant casting supported by the best screenplay based on the fantasy novels from G. R. R. Marin just can't let you sleep. Great job!
  12. Apr 23, 2017
    Amazing TV serie in all of series !!! Awesome story , Awesome Actores , Awesome visual effects, Awesome Music , Awesome Directory , .....................
  13. Apr 23, 2017
    The best writing for a television program ever. Excellent performances plus a fantasy world of maximum immersion make "Game of Thrones" possibly the best drama series of all time.
  14. Mar 5, 2017
    Kitapların ardından, konuya giriş olarak mükemmel bir sezon olduğunu söylemeliyim. Neredeyse birebir kitaptan aktarılan bölümler ve iyi oyunluklarla birlikte ilk sezondan itibaren efsane olacağım diye bağırıyordu.
  15. Feb 22, 2017
    This is the best show on tv. If you never watched, you should start. It's pretty much faithful to the books, very addicting, original, you will never watch anything even close to Game of Thrones on tv right now. The characters are all so well worked, they all have a story, a background, they were created with care, and it doesn't matter if it isn't a major character, they are all importantThis is the best show on tv. If you never watched, you should start. It's pretty much faithful to the books, very addicting, original, you will never watch anything even close to Game of Thrones on tv right now. The characters are all so well worked, they all have a story, a background, they were created with care, and it doesn't matter if it isn't a major character, they are all important somehow. They aren't just a name and a personality, they have a story that sometimes goes generations behind and that's something that I love. And let me tell you, there are a LOT of characters...
    The scenario, visual effects and the clothes they use wear are all highly rated, in my opinion, great work from the team behind the cameras, they deserve a lot of credits too. The actors are GREAT, what you have the best on television right now. The writer George R.R. Martin is a genius, can't even explain, you just have to watch and understand how this man could have created this masterpiece and have such creativity. The producers are awesome for putting this all together. I can say each episode is like a Hollywood movie in quality. I'm obsessed and everyone should give it a try. This show is something and deserves all the awards it has received.
  16. Dec 8, 2016
    Game of Thrones: Season 1 is probably the best season of a TV series that I've ever seen. The characters are well written and acted, the setting is very realistic and gritty, and the action scenes are amazingly good when they do appear. Hopefully, when HBO are done with Game of Thrones, they can do a another TV series on George R.R Martin's prequel book series, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.
  17. Nov 30, 2016
    Its funny how season 1 is one of the worst seasons and it still manages to be some of the best T.V you could possibly watch. Game of Thrones might be a little difficult to get into as it starts off slow but once it picks up you realise the slow episodes are necessary and all of it (if you listened) was important. So please if you find yourself starting Game of Thrones and you find it slow,Its funny how season 1 is one of the worst seasons and it still manages to be some of the best T.V you could possibly watch. Game of Thrones might be a little difficult to get into as it starts off slow but once it picks up you realise the slow episodes are necessary and all of it (if you listened) was important. So please if you find yourself starting Game of Thrones and you find it slow, just give it a chance and if you did what I did the first time and already gave up on it, give it another chance because your really missing out on something. Expand
  18. Oct 30, 2016
    As a fan of the book series, I was a huge fan of the first season of Game of Thrones as it closely followed the first book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin. The show is somewhat violent and contains material not suitable for young viewers, but is very exciting and engaging while exploring various paths individuals in the fictional land of Westeros use to persueAs a fan of the book series, I was a huge fan of the first season of Game of Thrones as it closely followed the first book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin. The show is somewhat violent and contains material not suitable for young viewers, but is very exciting and engaging while exploring various paths individuals in the fictional land of Westeros use to persue the throne, or become king.

The series is interesting because it feels like a historical documentary in that many of the actions, speech, dress, etc. remind users of Europe in the age of kings and queens. This helps engage users from the beginning as many viewers are already interested in either this historical time period or the fantasy realm of kings and queens. The series further explores possible actions and opinions of those in these time periods as well as consequences of actions, fantasy topics (magic, knights, kings and queens, dragons, etc.), and engages viewers in family history. I highly recommend the series, particularly the first season, to all viewers.
  19. Sep 19, 2016
    This is the best show on TV I've seen. The character development is so professional, that you will scream your head off when the show surprises you over and over again with unpredictable twists and deaths. It is phenomenal!
  20. Aug 8, 2016
    My favourite TV show ever. The show seems to start off slow, but there is actually so much going on which is relevant...I've heard people liken it to a soap opera. The difference is with a soap opera nothing has to be interconnected, this is a tale so interwoven with each other...Truly remarkable. George RR Martin has just made Tolkein´s work look like a Peter and Jane book.
  21. Aug 3, 2016
    I always heard a lot of people talk about this HBO special. I never cared for it, but then I was bored and watched the first episode. The first episode wasn't too exciting, but I weighed it for what is was, the first episode, the pilot, and continued watching on. I thought Ned Stark was noble, and the more I watched the series the more I was hooked on Ned Stark's nobility, but when theI always heard a lot of people talk about this HBO special. I never cared for it, but then I was bored and watched the first episode. The first episode wasn't too exciting, but I weighed it for what is was, the first episode, the pilot, and continued watching on. I thought Ned Stark was noble, and the more I watched the series the more I was hooked on Ned Stark's nobility, but when the series took a dark turn, I kept watching because I wanted to see the death Of Cersei and her cruel son. Then I quickly came to like Jon Snow and Tyrel Lannister, and so on. Now, season 1 and 6 has ended, I disappointed I don't have a conclusion yet. Expand
  22. Jul 30, 2016
    "Winter is coming." So says Eddard Stark, nobleman and ruler, father and husband, warrior and hand to the king. He says it with a sense of the inevitable, with grief and a heavy heart. And he says it with conviction, something that permeates every aspect of Game of Thrones.
  23. Jul 29, 2016
    A great show, with a great and interesting cast of characters and landscapes, that come together to make a brilliant story that keeps you on the edge of your seat. All this together make this a show that everyone should watch.
  24. Jul 19, 2016
    Game of thrones really is a tv show like no other, its violence doesn't overshadow the main story and the story doesn't overshadow the violence so with a great and dedicated cast Game of thrones in my opinion is the best tv show at the moment
  25. Jul 13, 2016
    Shot with attention to detail, HBO’s first season of Game of Thrones is a resounding success with its impeccable casting, inticrate plotting, well-rounded characters and exotic locations.
  26. Jun 28, 2016
    BRILLIANT. A expertly adapted fantasy from an overcomplicated book. This is the one to beat and I doubt if any other fantasy TV series will ever come close. The books are superbly crafted by a genius author and the TV show has now taken a life of its own with well formulated plots condensing intricate book storylines.
  27. Jun 11, 2016
    Game of Thrones is amazing. I never had too much interest in the fantasy genre before this show, but honestly after watching the first five seasons, I can't wait until the sixth season comes out on Itunes or something. Game of Thrones is my dad's new favorite show, and I never recalled him being a fan of fantasy before. This show is a must watch for fantasy buffs, as well as more casualGame of Thrones is amazing. I never had too much interest in the fantasy genre before this show, but honestly after watching the first five seasons, I can't wait until the sixth season comes out on Itunes or something. Game of Thrones is my dad's new favorite show, and I never recalled him being a fan of fantasy before. This show is a must watch for fantasy buffs, as well as more casual viewers, as the story pulls you in and never lets go and the characters change and sometimes die. This show is a 10/10! Expand
  28. Jun 8, 2016
    The first season of the best show on television might be up there as one of the best first seasons of any TV show ever. Great world building, great plot lines, and amazing production values are all overshadowed by how incredible the characters are. This show is a must watch.
  29. Jun 5, 2016
    With a brilliant plot, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the show. I was reluctant to watch it at first because of the nudity and violence, but only after watching it did I realize that the show is much more than that. The story having variety of themes, plot twists and cliff hangers kept me at the tip of my seat. In simple words, it is a masterpiece.
  30. May 26, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Took me a few episodes to get into, but once I got attached to the characters, they died. Which is great, because the less-favored characters develop into lovable, conniving favorites. If you do not like the show, don't let the door hit you on the way out ;) Expand
  31. May 10, 2016
    Simply amazing ! A clever tv show ! Actors/tress, characters, music, storyline : everything works perfectly ! The third season begins "slowly" (for this show) but I feel confident that I will not be disappointed.
  32. May 5, 2016
    Game of thrones is a fantastic show with stunning visuals and lovable characters. It even has one of the best production value I have ever seen on a tv show and in movies
  33. Apr 21, 2016
    Game of Thrones is an American fantasy television series produced by the HBO cable network. It is based on the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, written by George R.R. Martin who serves as a producer, creative consultant and scriptwriter on the television series. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss created the television series and serve as executive producers, showrunners and the main writers.
  34. Apr 19, 2016
    even though I think the books are 100% better, the show is really worth watching! Stading ovation to every single actor, they all deserve all of the awards! Can't wait for its return!
  35. Apr 18, 2016
    Literally one of the best shows ever made, after "Breaking Bad."

It gets a 9, though, because of its current treatment of the source material, unnecessary and inaccurate rape, and the exclusion of favored characters from the books.

Those complaints aside, it still absolutely deserves a 9 for the acting, story, and drama. Even if you don't enjoy fantasy works, you'll probably enjoy this.
  36. Apr 17, 2016
    I loved the premiere episode. Some people seem to have issues with the pace and the jumps between scenes etc and I guess I can understand what they mean but when I watched it I didn't even notice a problem with things like that at all. I think it was a very good adaption of the books. The acting is good throughout and even excellent by many cast members even in smaller roles. I think thatI loved the premiere episode. Some people seem to have issues with the pace and the jumps between scenes etc and I guess I can understand what they mean but when I watched it I didn't even notice a problem with things like that at all. I think it was a very good adaption of the books. The acting is good throughout and even excellent by many cast members even in smaller roles. I think that having read the books puts certain things, that some have taken issue with (like sex and racism), into a perspective where it's not the same problem since you know more about the whole world and how various characters think. Expand
  37. Apr 15, 2016
    I always tell everyone to just stick with it past the first episode. It's a lot of information to swallow when you dive into episode one but so incredibly worth around the 3rd or 4th episode. So much is constantly happening. A total binge worthy show that makes you feel like you're watching a movie each episode. Well done. Best show currently airing.
  38. Mar 24, 2016
    The most consistent season of all, mostly because it stayed the most faithful to the book. I didn't have the best visuals or the biggest budget compared to later seasons but at least the characters and their motivations/actions made sense.
  39. Mar 17, 2016
    I came to Game of Thrones totally Unsullied (the official term for those viewers who had not read the books before watching the show). Several friends and family members recommended it to me, a few of which I had not thought would EVER enjoy a story with a "fantasy" setting. So I decided to sit down and watch it, and it almost immediately became my go-to fictional series, supplanting olderI came to Game of Thrones totally Unsullied (the official term for those viewers who had not read the books before watching the show). Several friends and family members recommended it to me, a few of which I had not thought would EVER enjoy a story with a "fantasy" setting. So I decided to sit down and watch it, and it almost immediately became my go-to fictional series, supplanting older series' that I had enjoyed for years (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.)

The show is simply marvelous. From the very first episode, the world-building and characterizations are impressive, especially given the relatively meager budget the show had to work with in it's first go around. The pilot might be the single most impressive episode of the whole series, which doesn't usually happen. You have the Stark introductions, assassination, incest, executions, history and lore, and attempted child murder...and that's just the first episode!

Having now read all of the books, it is one of the most impressive feats of adaptation I have witnessed (again, compared to the likes of Harry Potter and LOTR franchises). The settings, the scenes that are selected for adaptation versus those jettisoned for the TV medium, and especially the cast are all amazing. Truly, the casting is one of the greatest strengths of this show, even into it's fifth season. Main cast actors are just about always spot-on, and many a character whose role is very small in both book and show is made memorable by the portrayal of the actor or actress. Just off the top of my head, characters who were not very prominent in either medium but who are instantly memorable from their depiction: Syrio Forel, Yoren, Alliser Thorne, Bronn, the list goes on.

And then we come to what Game of Thrones is known for: deaths of major characters. If I simply enjoyed the show before reaching the ninth episode, I was irrevocably hooked after it. Game of Thrones is unique in how it gets you invested in a character and then takes them away from you, but all the while giving you ample forshadowing (IF you pay attention,) and it never feels cheap or included simply for shock value. Ned Stark (and Sean Bean's pitch-perfect performance of him) is our first protagonist, and although we expect a last minute rescue as he stands ready to be executed, some part of us knew he was doomed as soon as he arrived in King's Landing.

Ned Stark and his fate is a great example of another strength of this series. With few exceptions, almost all of its characters are morally ambiguous or deeply flawed in some way. A man like Ned Stark, who readers/viewers immediately understood as an honorable, good man, had critical flaws that led to his downfall. And on the flip side, a duplicitous character like Littlefinger is also relatable because we know what his background is, and we know that his plan to back Joffrey and work behind the scenes was what Ned SHOULD have done! But Ned being Ned, that just wasn't going to fly. And so Littlefinger betrayed him, for what afterwards seems like obvious reasoning.

Truly the beginning of a remarkable series!
  40. Feb 6, 2016
    Nadchodzi zima…

Na wstępie powiem, że najpierw przeczytałem książki. Dlatego też miałem ogromne wymagania co do całego serialu. I muszę przyznać, że nie mogę się doczekać, tego jak w kolejnych sezonach potoczy się akcja. Pierwszy sezon jest przykładem na to jak robi się filmy w klimatach średniowiecza. Kostiumy i prawdziwa scenografia ponad efekty specjalne sprawiają, że czuć
    Nadchodzi zima…

Pierwszy sezon jest przykładem na to jak robi się filmy w klimatach średniowiecza. Kostiumy i prawdziwa scenografia ponad efekty specjalne sprawiają, że czuć autentyczność miejsc oraz bohaterów. Do tego na prawdę świetna gra aktorów czyni ten sezon prawie idealnym. To co mi przeszkadzało to sceny sexu co dosłownie 10 minut. W książce ich tylu nie było, więc i w serialu wydają się być nie na miejscu w takich ilościach. Ale jak tu nie oglądać kobiecych piersi kiedy HBO jest producentem… ;)
    Polecam każdemu.
  41. Jan 30, 2016
    Game of Thrones starts and ends on a great cliffhanger, what is amazing on how entertaining each episode gets in other words once you're hook you'll never want it to end. Overall, season 1 of Game of thrones is fantastic.
  42. Jan 30, 2016
    Immediately hooked! Absolutely loved it. And couldn't wait to start the next season. Many different characters and everyone of them more intriguing than the one before. Lots of twists & turns. You will not be bored at all.
  43. Jan 21, 2016
    Temporada espetacular. Concisa, envolvente, e épica. Traduz brilhantemente o livro homônimo. Com um plot twist inesquecível, a temporada consegue ser complexa e ao mesmo tempo tragável.
  44. Jan 21, 2016
    - shocking death scenes,
    - perfect Characters

-(negative):
    - 4 - 7 episodes until you're "inside" Westeros

"The first season of Game of Thrones is awesome! It sets different storylines and they're all near the level of a masterpiece..."

GENRE RATING: 9.8
    OVERALL RATING: 9.4

9.4 = 9.0
  45. Jan 17, 2016
    Here's My All Passing Time, the best TV Program, I can say this is favorite of all time, continue that way Mr. Martin!
    Can't wait for Winds Of Winter!
  46. Jan 14, 2016
    Lots of good acting, a good script and enough intrigue to keep me wanting to see what happens next. I enjoyed some of the twists and turns in the series and found that all the characters are given enough screen time to give them impact, especially the villains, and that is a good thing. There is a lot of depth to most characters and I find myself cheering for certain ones throughout theLots of good acting, a good script and enough intrigue to keep me wanting to see what happens next. I enjoyed some of the twists and turns in the series and found that all the characters are given enough screen time to give them impact, especially the villains, and that is a good thing. There is a lot of depth to most characters and I find myself cheering for certain ones throughout the series. My personal favorite is the dwarf so I am hoping he kills everyone else and takes the throne by the end... alas, I know better... popular TV series are discouraged from creating a definitive ending so it is likely that the series will never end properly.

There are a few issues with this show. First, the amount of tragedy is almost comical. Its almost like a bad zombie apocalypse movie and at some point I just started laughing because it became silly. Another problem is that they are dragging their feet. Some of the side stories were completely uninteresting and just filled up time for no reason while some of the main plot lines barely develop at all during full seasons. It reminds me a lot of comic book fillers. Other than that, its a good show. Go dwarf!
  47. Jan 12, 2016
    The cinematography and the actors are great. Though this is not a series you watch on the side you really have to pay attention as the series is full of happenings. The show looked incredible and the cliffhangers tricks you to binge watch a whole season.
  48. Dec 9, 2015
    My first review was rather mean. Season 1 is good, but did not live up to my expectations based on the book. I did enjoy watching it, but it did take a while to get over how different the books and TV show can be.
  49. Nov 24, 2015
    After hearing about it for years and never reading the books, I gave it a try. And from the first episode I was completely immersed. Game of Thrones Season 1 is a fantastic opening season of a massive, complex fantasy world. The writing and characters are absolutely incredible and the way the plot is set up is excellent, with diverting and interconnected plots. The themes are mature andAfter hearing about it for years and never reading the books, I gave it a try. And from the first episode I was completely immersed. Game of Thrones Season 1 is a fantastic opening season of a massive, complex fantasy world. The writing and characters are absolutely incredible and the way the plot is set up is excellent, with diverting and interconnected plots. The themes are mature and serious, and after a while you gain an emotional attachment to the characters. There is lots of diversity in the subplots and the world and aesthetics used are rich and detailed. Expand
  50. Oct 25, 2015
    Now this series is an amazing one compared to the challenge. The books (which i have read) are incredibly complex, and for some very difficult to follow due to the sheer amount of characters and detail to every single thing in the world of GoT. There are at least forty different houses, with so many characters. Some of these are of course not detailed as they might not have any relevanceNow this series is an amazing one compared to the challenge. The books (which i have read) are incredibly complex, and for some very difficult to follow due to the sheer amount of characters and detail to every single thing in the world of GoT. There are at least forty different houses, with so many characters. Some of these are of course not detailed as they might not have any relevance to the story as of yet. So everyone saying that this series does a horrible job of making the characters "real" and detailing every single character in the book, after just watching the first episode. Sod off. It is nearly impossible to have that kind of content in a series while still having at least an average amount of storyline. And of course some of the characters might not be perfect for the character they are acting. But that's unavoidable. One cannot simply create an actor so that they look exactly as they were described in the book. And with such an incredibly large cast i'm surprised that they managed to do so well. I have also seen some people complain about the violence applied to women, (feminists no doubt) which indeed has a rather large amount of focus, but then again so has the book. George. R.R, Martin is in charge of making the series as close as possible to the series. And to a certain extent i agree that the nudity is displayed a bit too often, but it doesn't ruin an amazing series

Pros:
    Acting
    Costumes
    Settings (cities, landscapes and so on)
    Similarity to the books

Cons:
    A little bit of overkill on the nudity part
    A little slow to begin with
  51. Oct 3, 2015
    The beginning of what's bound to go down as the greatest TV show in the history of television shows! This show is televisions closest equivalent to a movie. The quality is more amazing than most movies, not just tv shows.
  52. Sep 2, 2015
    Quand j'ai commencé la série, je n'ai pas vraiment accrochée, la saison 1 est la moins réussite, et il ne se passe pas grand chose. J'ai repris la série il y a peu, et au fur et à mesure que la série avance, cela devient de plus en plus passionnant, au point que j'ai regardé mes trois saisons de retard en 1 semaine. Je recommande vivement.
  53. Aug 21, 2015
    Great storyline. But the greatest draw is the production value of this series. The cost per episodes is approximately $5 million. Elaborate sets and characters are staged in beautiful locations around the word. This is the first series to produce each episode like a large-budget blockbuster film.
  54. Aug 6, 2015
    This marvelous adaptation has created a show that will dominate award nominations for years to come. Game of Thrones has no main character, that's what makes it's characters so compelling. They all get equal screen time, meaning there is a level playing field for Westeros' inhabitants to try and win our hearts before they are probably killed off. The different story line's also get a fairThis marvelous adaptation has created a show that will dominate award nominations for years to come. Game of Thrones has no main character, that's what makes it's characters so compelling. They all get equal screen time, meaning there is a level playing field for Westeros' inhabitants to try and win our hearts before they are probably killed off. The different story line's also get a fair shot at grasping our attention. These two elements combined make for very fascinating watching, meaning Game of Thrones easily keeps our attention throughout. It's ability to make you really fall for it's characters is it's strongest element however. The fact that Game of Thrones can be related to real life in terms of conspiracy and power means it is open to every kind of TV fanatic. This means it's fan base has no limits, creating a show that will likely be extremely successful during a lengthy lifespan. Expand
  55. Jul 25, 2015
    Game of Thrones is full of complex yet immersive storytelling, honest characters, solid writing, and fine acting. Season one is definitely worth your time.
  56. Jun 23, 2015
    Amazing serie! Drama, Action, Adventure, Dragons and WHITE WALKERS!!!!!... Havent read the books but this is a show worth seeing over and over again!!
  57. Jun 18, 2015
    If you’re looking for a show that is action packed, and full of suspense then Game of Thrones is the show for you. Full of great actors with whom the audience can’t help but form an emotional attachment to. The attention to fine details creates a sense of authenticity of how the people in the kingdom live. A major point to consider when watching is that no one is ever safe. It never turnsIf you’re looking for a show that is action packed, and full of suspense then Game of Thrones is the show for you. Full of great actors with whom the audience can’t help but form an emotional attachment to. The attention to fine details creates a sense of authenticity of how the people in the kingdom live. A major point to consider when watching is that no one is ever safe. It never turns out the way the audience anticipates, the future can never be predicted. It will leaving you with a cliffhanger ending. Expand
  58. Jun 16, 2015
    Have never read George Martin's book previous to viewing this, I was unsure what to expect from Game of Thrones. Thankfully, the opening series not only did not disappoint, it made thrilling viewing.
    Here we have a gigantic chronicle of numerous events from the fictional but brilliant creation of the land of Westeros, and the key parts of the story involve political intrigue, alliegances, treachery, fighting, murder...lots of it. The opening scenes of the first episode are set in a dark and eerie forest, where three young rangers soon fall victim to a mysterious and terrifying enemy. It's brilliantly filmed and acted and oozes atmosphere, and from then on I knew I was watching something special.
    The many characters of the show all have large parts to play in the story and all have their own intrigue. Just who are the good and bad eggs? It's not always easy to tell. The acting is, for the most part superb and we are treated to seeing the likes of Charles Dance, Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage at their very best, among others.
    The story starts slowly and gradually builds to a thrilling climax. This means that some of the earlier episodes in the series are not quite as interesting as some of the later ones, but as any game of thrones fan will know - this is part of the charm of it all. Each episode is better than the previous one. If you stick with it until the end, you'll be in for a treat.
  59. Jun 7, 2015
    This is a tremendous show. Definitely on my fav list along with True Detective, Walking Dead, Br.Ba, House of Cards and FRIENDS. The book fanboys must be the ones who gave negative rating. Can't blame them. But to bring to screen an epic saga of 7 books, its not that easy. In order to stick with the time frame of 10 hrs per season is difficult. In doing so, the directors(kudos to them) hasThis is a tremendous show. Definitely on my fav list along with True Detective, Walking Dead, Br.Ba, House of Cards and FRIENDS. The book fanboys must be the ones who gave negative rating. Can't blame them. But to bring to screen an epic saga of 7 books, its not that easy. In order to stick with the time frame of 10 hrs per season is difficult. In doing so, the directors(kudos to them) has made lot of changes , i believe in the 5th season(the most). There have been some mellow episodes but the season always ends on a high not, making you forget those low notes. A true epic series in all sense. 10/10 Expand
  60. Jun 7, 2015
    This is probably one of the best shows i have ever seen. Everything from the cinematography to the acting is amazing. This show is one of a kind and is not afraid to go places no show has ever gone 10/10
  61. May 29, 2015
    Why do i hate HBO Game of Thrones TV series? Because George Martin forgot to write books wchich was so much better than the TV show. And the show is so flawed because its filled witch pointless sex scenes (who the hell was this Rose bi*ch and why was he in the show in the first place? Oberyn gay scenes? WTF?). Also it has this theatricall feeling to it and this is very anti-climatic, someWhy do i hate HBO Game of Thrones TV series? Because George Martin forgot to write books wchich was so much better than the TV show. And the show is so flawed because its filled witch pointless sex scenes (who the hell was this Rose bi*ch and why was he in the show in the first place? Oberyn gay scenes? WTF?). Also it has this theatricall feeling to it and this is very anti-climatic, some of the scenes to look good would require much bigger budget (like The Lord of the Rings trilogy).
    That being said the plot is top notch and part of the cast is really great (All of Lannisters especially Tyrion also Khal Drogo, Dayneris, Varys, Starks in general, Hound, Roos Bolton, Stannis and probably some more).
    For all of You who dont read Martin books this is 10/10 and a must see. For me its 7/10.
  62. May 27, 2015
    The best fantasy adaptation in tv or film since the lord of the rings, this series sets extremely high stakes for all those invested in its plethora of characters. The season as a whole feels like a set up for seasons to come.
  63. May 22, 2015
    This is an amazing show with lots of character development, story development, action, drama, suspense, drama, romance and fantasy. There are a colorful cast of characters in this series. Meshes well between medieval type of setting with some modern style themes (such as language). There is some nudity and sexual scenes but not that much. Can be gruesome in terms of its content but its aThis is an amazing show with lots of character development, story development, action, drama, suspense, drama, romance and fantasy. There are a colorful cast of characters in this series. Meshes well between medieval type of setting with some modern style themes (such as language). There is some nudity and sexual scenes but not that much. Can be gruesome in terms of its content but its a premium show so it is no surprise. Highly recommended for those who love action, drama, suspense and fantasy settings. Expand
  64. May 14, 2015
    + Fantastic story.
    + Great actors.
    + Interesting characters.
    + Intense action.
    + No filler episodes.
    + Different locations.
    + You never know what will happen next.
    + Good looking special effects and CGI.

Bad things...well...hmm...10/10, I guess.
  65. Apr 27, 2015
    While I am not a fan of excessive violence, I find this show very compelling. The writing is impeccable and the cast is very well suited for their roles. The casting director has done an amazing job!! George R. R. Martin is an extremely talented writer who knows how to interest those, like me, who are turned away by a lot of violence. Such an amazing show!!!
  66. Apr 27, 2015
    The series starts with slowly, with a well-paced introduction and great character development. Sean Bean's performance as Eddard Stark is a really achievement in TV, and the two final episodes are truly intense.
  67. Apr 21, 2015
    Game of thrones has such an entertaining story that captures you until the end of each episode. It is well directed and everything about it looks fine. The only issue with the TV-series is about some average special effects in the first and the second season.
  68. Apr 13, 2015
    Very good show. Expected to see a bit more in the season 5 episode 1 but, more is to come. Havent read the books, so im asnounished that i just love this show. Defintly the best show.
  69. Mar 30, 2015
    Game of Thrones is full of complex yet immersive storytelling, relatable characters, solid writing, and fine acting. Season one is definitely worth your time.
  70. Feb 8, 2015
    There's no satisfying this habit. GOT is elite, you'll find yourself staring at a wall waiting for the next 8 months to pass for the next season to finally air. In lieu of wall-staring, I've been reading them now..
  71. Feb 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Playing with a Shrinking Deck

Don't get too attached to any character. Inevitably, abruptly, and mercilessly they will be mangled, quartered, crucified, maimed, dismembered, have their throats slit open, or their heads sliced off. The winning combination of brutality and flesh is enough to give Saint Francis a psychotic hard-on. The fourth season should prove to be more merciful since there are barely enough Starks left to butcher and behead. Although the dim twin and the imp's wife may be expendable enough for the show's reliable surge of gore and pathos.

Set in hybrid post-apocalyptic/medieval realm, and armed with a sword and a club to sever and crush any vital signs of humanity, unpredictability is the Thrones' greatest weapon, but one which may ultimately turn against itself. After three stormy seasons, there is little left to ravage and plunder, it's too late to inseminate or introduce any newborn characters, and it will be forced to preserve the surviving tenants. Or, to coin a more familiar cliché, the baby's drying up, and there's very little bathwater to throw out. Furtherless, I can't imagine there are many horrors left to shock us with.

So what's next? I haven't introduced myself to the literature or the Cliff notes, but it's fairly certain now that the bastard Stark and his half-sis li'l Xena will carry on to exact vengeance. And if the Game can no longer run rampant or rip completely rogue, it will need to go comprehensively metaphysical on us. Perhaps Father Stark will return as an ice-zombie who freezes the wings off dragons.
  72. Feb 3, 2015
    A phenomenal start to this series. They have adapted the book to screen amazingly so that it's unpredictable for both people who have read the book and people who haven't. Characters are all fascinating to watch and they really really develop them! Acting is brilliant and set/costume design along with special effects and mind blowing for tv. 10/10.
  73. Jan 20, 2015
    Any critic that rated this season lower than 8.5 should probably be fired. Honestly, its one of the best tv series of all time. And this season was a great season to open a such great story.
  74. Jan 14, 2015
    "Game of Thrones" is a show where you can see where the budget goes. Great cast, locations and production value are one thing, but great stories and fascinating characters make "Game of Thrones" the best show on TV.
  75. Jan 7, 2015
    Game of Thrones is, probably the best show on television. Unfortunately the series always go further from the plot of book, but that don't prevent from waiting new series with big desire!
  76. Jan 4, 2015
    Best tv show to date, 'nuff said ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. sorry needed extra characters.
  77. Jan 2, 2015
    It's damn good, gets better and better with each new season, and is a great way to pass time on a winters night. Lots of twists and turns with unexpected events, humor, sex and violence and some, but not too much, fantasy stuff. I'm giving it a 10 because I like it and I'm generous with shows I like and merciless with shows I hate.
  78. Dec 16, 2014
    In my country there is the story that has identical story pattern. It called as "Cerita Pewayangan". When I watched this movie it's little bit makes me remember to that story -Cerita Pewayangan-. it has complex story which is the stories so impossible if they have been made by one person. So was game of throne, either. The storyline, character, acting style, the causality, and the takeIn my country there is the story that has identical story pattern. It called as "Cerita Pewayangan". When I watched this movie it's little bit makes me remember to that story -Cerita Pewayangan-. it has complex story which is the stories so impossible if they have been made by one person. So was game of throne, either. The storyline, character, acting style, the causality, and the take camera angle all it's great and perfect. There was no defected at all. Expand
  79. Dec 1, 2014
    If I could give it an 11, I would in a heartbeat. The books are, of course, the best way to get into the world of Ice and Fire, but HBO has done a STELLAR job with the show and I continue to enjoy it more and more with every season.
  80. Nov 23, 2014
    I love this TV show for its boldness of killing off a character at any moment. And it draws me in to watch another episode because I want to ind out how the rest of the Starks are doing. Not to well I reckon. But what makes this TV show really interesting is the politics. Yes, for once in my life I find politics interesting. Well, fictional politics. But while everyone in the South areI love this TV show for its boldness of killing off a character at any moment. And it draws me in to watch another episode because I want to ind out how the rest of the Starks are doing. Not to well I reckon. But what makes this TV show really interesting is the politics. Yes, for once in my life I find politics interesting. Well, fictional politics. But while everyone in the South are having political discussions, a threat in the North is awakening. I can't wait for Season 5 Expand
  81. Nov 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Seriously. **** you, Game of Thrones! I hate this show so much right now! But I also love it! I only hate it because of S1E9. Why did you that? Ned Stark was awesome! I did not watch further and I am nearly at the end of this episode but as far as I can tell: this TV show is ****ing awesome! I love it! Expand
  82. Nov 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I rarely have time for tv shows, this was one of the best of all time. The characters are all intresting, well-layered. People keep dying in this show but you can see why especially in a world that does not promote goodness but everything is grey. Sure there are evil pricks such as Joffrey and Snow but they're fun to watch even as the viewer wants them to die horribly(and one of them does...wheeeee!). I have never read the books so please dont spoil me anything. Expand
  83. Oct 23, 2014
    One of the best shows on TV, watch noe. Keep in mind this show is very mature in it's content and is not for everyone but is well worth watching. Geat show, watch now.
  84. Oct 14, 2014
    With too many stories going around you do sometimes forgot who was who, specially their name, but every character is so witty and cunning becoming more interesting as the show proceeds. This is one show which I never want to see ending.
  85. Oct 2, 2014
    Очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень и еще раз ОЧЕНЬ стоящий сериал!
  86. Sep 23, 2014
    NEEDLESS injection of PORN

5% of series 1 must be fast forward to avoid scandalizing with filth.

The title music is as entrancing as a similarly popular MTV title.
  87. Sep 19, 2014
    As a non-genre fan, I had doubts about this show going in despite its good reviews. However, it turned out to be just as enjoyable for someone like me. Great storytelling, excellent writing full of wit and humor, and exceptional acting are really what made the show work for me. While special effects were a bit underwhelming, it is understandable considering that this show has much lessAs a non-genre fan, I had doubts about this show going in despite its good reviews. However, it turned out to be just as enjoyable for someone like me. Great storytelling, excellent writing full of wit and humor, and exceptional acting are really what made the show work for me. While special effects were a bit underwhelming, it is understandable considering that this show has much less budget than a big feature film. Expand
  88. Sep 6, 2014
    It is very difficult for me to rate Game of Thrones. On one hand I support it with much gusto as it is the first fantasy show a network has put proper money into. As well as the first to maintain a serious following from millions around the world. It is a stepping stone for fantasy books to be made into well funded television shows and THAT is the best part about it, in my opinion.

The

The locales are beautiful, the writing and acting well done, the costumes are truly amazing, and it follows the books better than almost any television rendering I can recall. All great aspects to any show. However, George R.R. Martin's style of writing (in which he tells a story about a realm, not intending audiences to be focused on characters), leaves us 3 seasons/5 books in and still doing character development! Whilst killing the majority of characters that interest his audience, and frankly leaving himself without much to work with.

Game of Thrones is certainly worth a watch, and quite possibly the best television fantasy show made to date (certainly the best production value). However I continue to watch it solely for that reason, and as I watch it I consistently find myself thinking that there are so many better fantasy novels that could be adapted for television, when will the networks hop on some of them! As an avid fantasy reader I can only hope that HBO and other networks like it will continue to put the same funding and gumption into future fantasy series. I just hope they find authors such as Brent Weeks, Scott Lynch, and Patrick Rothfuss; who focus their stories on rich/deep/complex characters, unique magic systems, and equally awe inspiring worlds. Rather than solely a "realm", a soap opera-esque focus on drama between characters, the majority of whom are only tied together by a desire for the same throne.
  89. Sep 1, 2014
    Easily the best tv series ever made! deep characters nice story and sometimes thrilling actions! you may not miss out on this series! go and watch now!
  90. Aug 28, 2014
    The first season of Game of Thrones works as a prologue to what's coming in the following seasons and will most likely become one of the best shows on tv, thanks to great performances from its massive cast to great writing filled of twists and shocks and remarkable characters to pure violence and gore in well-performed action pieces.
  91. Aug 19, 2014
  92. Aug 12, 2014
    I hardly ever follow TV-series, when I do I hardly ever like them, and there's only one series that I have been breathlessly: Game of Thrones.
    Nothing is predictable, the storyiline is catching, characters are well played and twists are not missing. This is just one of the best series ever made.
  93. Aug 5, 2014
    What prevents me to give a 10 to the show is the excess large number of scenes of sex (often useless for the story)... But, for the rest, I couldn't imagine a better scenario for a TV show ! It is almost the same wealth of culture, the same ethnic diversity and the same variety of places that in the Lord of the Rings.
    I thought the personality of most characters is really interesting and
    I thought the personality of most characters is really interesting and makes a nice change from usual stories : it's rare to become attached to a character like Tyrion, in spite of his vices, his defects. The diversity of universes is managed well, and I think we didn't see a world of such of wealth for many years...
    In brief, a little gem !!
  94. Jul 14, 2014
    A great season of Television. You never now what is going to happen. This is how you make politics interesting. The acting and writing is the best currently on Television(Since Breaking bad is over)
  95. Jul 10, 2014
    Hablaban muy bien de esta serie y la empecé a seguir en 2011. Hoy en día la sigo viendo y no me arrepiento. Buenos actores, tramas algo enrevesadas pero adictivas con el paso del tiempo, buenos efectos, decorados, etc.
    La primera temporada fue genial, al principio era un poco lenta pero tiene buenos momentos, sobretodo en los últimos cinco capítulos.
    Si alguien aun no la ha visto se la
    Si alguien aun no la ha visto se la recomiendo. Y por supuesto, el mejor personaje es Tyrion :)
  96. Jul 1, 2014
    Pure perfection, best TV show ever. Highlights from the show:

Dothraki wedding
    Khal Drogo kills Mago
    Daenerys' dragons as she comes out of the funeral pyre
    Tyrion's trial by combat
  97. Jun 28, 2014
    the settings are awesome, the dresses, the castles, really something else. i definitely have my favorite characters and some that i hate and it has to be this way in a good show. BUT the show has too much sex scenes for me. i don't want to see porn scenes, i want so see a deep story with surprises and drama. and you definitely get to see that - but you have to take the naked women too.
  98. Jun 27, 2014
    Game of Thrones is the new series that i'm rooting for! excellent acting, character and dialog is some of the best I have seen, period! Great action scenes, sets and trilling environments that may be over used in recent years however, this time around it stand out! Season 2 here I come.
  99. Jun 26, 2014
  100. Jun 23, 2014
    It started out annoying and packed with uncomfortable sex scenes and cruelty to women that I was disgusted by men for days after watching. I was soon able to overcome it and it became my favorite show of all time mostly due to Daenerys.

1. Reviewed by: Hal Boedeker
    Apr 25, 2011
    The epic fantasy series is lavish, violent and often quite nasty. Most crucially, this adaptation of George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" book series is unnecessarily difficult to follow.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Apr 18, 2011
    The gloriously bloody and depraved spirit of the novels is intact and even enhanced.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 18, 2011
    A grand soap opera of epic proportions, Game of Thrones can be a bit talky in some episodes, but the series draws a viewer in with well-defined characters and a multitude of simultaneous stories whose plot turns are generally unpredictable.