Game of Thrones : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.2

1. Mar 8, 2017
    Fantastic season of what would become the greatest show in the history of our planet. Amazing writing, twists, directing, acting and visuals. Just all around great. Best show ever, no doubt.
  2. Mar 5, 2017
    Kitapların ardından, konuya giriş olarak mükemmel bir sezon olduğunu söylemeliyim. Neredeyse birebir kitaptan aktarılan bölümler ve iyi oyunluklarla birlikte ilk sezondan itibaren efsane olacağım diye bağırıyordu.
  3. Feb 22, 2017
    This is the best show on tv. If you never watched, you should start. It's pretty much faithful to the books, very addicting, original, you will never watch anything even close to Game of Thrones on tv right now. The characters are all so well worked, they all have a story, a background, they were created with care, and it doesn't matter if it isn't a major character, they are all importantThis is the best show on tv. If you never watched, you should start. It's pretty much faithful to the books, very addicting, original, you will never watch anything even close to Game of Thrones on tv right now. The characters are all so well worked, they all have a story, a background, they were created with care, and it doesn't matter if it isn't a major character, they are all important somehow. They aren't just a name and a personality, they have a story that sometimes goes generations behind and that's something that I love. And let me tell you, there are a LOT of characters...
    The scenario, visual effects and the clothes they use wear are all highly rated, in my opinion, great work from the team behind the cameras, they deserve a lot of credits too. The actors are GREAT, what you have the best on television right now. The writer George R.R. Martin is a genius, can't even explain, you just have to watch and understand how this man could have created this masterpiece and have such creativity. The producers are awesome for putting this all together. I can say each episode is like a Hollywood movie in quality. I'm obsessed and everyone should give it a try. This show is something and deserves all the awards it has received.
  4. Dec 8, 2016
    Game of Thrones: Season 1 is probably the best season of a TV series that I've ever seen. The characters are well written and acted, the setting is very realistic and gritty, and the action scenes are amazingly good when they do appear. Hopefully, when HBO are done with Game of Thrones, they can do a another TV series on George R.R Martin's prequel book series, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.
  5. Nov 30, 2016
    Its funny how season 1 is one of the worst seasons and it still manages to be some of the best T.V you could possibly watch. Game of Thrones might be a little difficult to get into as it starts off slow but once it picks up you realise the slow episodes are necessary and all of it (if you listened) was important. So please if you find yourself starting Game of Thrones and you find it slow,Its funny how season 1 is one of the worst seasons and it still manages to be some of the best T.V you could possibly watch. Game of Thrones might be a little difficult to get into as it starts off slow but once it picks up you realise the slow episodes are necessary and all of it (if you listened) was important. So please if you find yourself starting Game of Thrones and you find it slow, just give it a chance and if you did what I did the first time and already gave up on it, give it another chance because your really missing out on something. Expand
  6. Oct 30, 2016
    As a fan of the book series, I was a huge fan of the first season of Game of Thrones as it closely followed the first book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin. The show is somewhat violent and contains material not suitable for young viewers, but is very exciting and engaging while exploring various paths individuals in the fictional land of Westeros use to persueAs a fan of the book series, I was a huge fan of the first season of Game of Thrones as it closely followed the first book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin. The show is somewhat violent and contains material not suitable for young viewers, but is very exciting and engaging while exploring various paths individuals in the fictional land of Westeros use to persue the throne, or become king.

The series is interesting because it feels like a historical documentary in that many of the actions, speech, dress, etc. remind users of Europe in the age of kings and queens. This helps engage users from the beginning as many viewers are already interested in either this historical time period or the fantasy realm of kings and queens. The series further explores possible actions and opinions of those in these time periods as well as consequences of actions, fantasy topics (magic, knights, kings and queens, dragons, etc.), and engages viewers in family history. I highly recommend the series, particularly the first season, to all viewers.
  7. Sep 25, 2016
    You start to get into it after a few episodes. Soon, you are fully interested in every aspect and detail to the story. Emmy-award winner Peter Dinklage portrays his role of Tyrion Lannister without any imperfection.
  8. Sep 19, 2016
    This is the best show on TV I've seen. The character development is so professional, that you will scream your head off when the show surprises you over and over again with unpredictable twists and deaths. It is phenomenal!
  9. Aug 8, 2016
    My favourite TV show ever. The show seems to start off slow, but there is actually so much going on which is relevant...I've heard people liken it to a soap opera. The difference is with a soap opera nothing has to be interconnected, this is a tale so interwoven with each other...Truly remarkable. George RR Martin has just made Tolkein´s work look like a Peter and Jane book.
  10. Aug 3, 2016
    I always heard a lot of people talk about this HBO special. I never cared for it, but then I was bored and watched the first episode. The first episode wasn't too exciting, but I weighed it for what is was, the first episode, the pilot, and continued watching on. I thought Ned Stark was noble, and the more I watched the series the more I was hooked on Ned Stark's nobility, but when theI always heard a lot of people talk about this HBO special. I never cared for it, but then I was bored and watched the first episode. The first episode wasn't too exciting, but I weighed it for what is was, the first episode, the pilot, and continued watching on. I thought Ned Stark was noble, and the more I watched the series the more I was hooked on Ned Stark's nobility, but when the series took a dark turn, I kept watching because I wanted to see the death Of Cersei and her cruel son. Then I quickly came to like Jon Snow and Tyrel Lannister, and so on. Now, season 1 and 6 has ended, I disappointed I don't have a conclusion yet. Expand
  11. Jul 30, 2016
    "Winter is coming." So says Eddard Stark, nobleman and ruler, father and husband, warrior and hand to the king. He says it with a sense of the inevitable, with grief and a heavy heart. And he says it with conviction, something that permeates every aspect of Game of Thrones.
  12. Jul 29, 2016
    A great show, with a great and interesting cast of characters and landscapes, that come together to make a brilliant story that keeps you on the edge of your seat. All this together make this a show that everyone should watch.
  13. Jul 19, 2016
    Game of thrones really is a tv show like no other, its violence doesn't overshadow the main story and the story doesn't overshadow the violence so with a great and dedicated cast Game of thrones in my opinion is the best tv show at the moment
  14. Jul 13, 2016
    Shot with attention to detail, HBO’s first season of Game of Thrones is a resounding success with its impeccable casting, inticrate plotting, well-rounded characters and exotic locations.
  15. Jun 28, 2016
    BRILLIANT. A expertly adapted fantasy from an overcomplicated book. This is the one to beat and I doubt if any other fantasy TV series will ever come close. The books are superbly crafted by a genius author and the TV show has now taken a life of its own with well formulated plots condensing intricate book storylines.
  16. Jun 11, 2016
    Game of Thrones is amazing. I never had too much interest in the fantasy genre before this show, but honestly after watching the first five seasons, I can't wait until the sixth season comes out on Itunes or something. Game of Thrones is my dad's new favorite show, and I never recalled him being a fan of fantasy before. This show is a must watch for fantasy buffs, as well as more casualGame of Thrones is amazing. I never had too much interest in the fantasy genre before this show, but honestly after watching the first five seasons, I can't wait until the sixth season comes out on Itunes or something. Game of Thrones is my dad's new favorite show, and I never recalled him being a fan of fantasy before. This show is a must watch for fantasy buffs, as well as more casual viewers, as the story pulls you in and never lets go and the characters change and sometimes die. This show is a 10/10! Expand
  17. Jun 8, 2016
    The first season of the best show on television might be up there as one of the best first seasons of any TV show ever. Great world building, great plot lines, and amazing production values are all overshadowed by how incredible the characters are. This show is a must watch.
  18. Jun 5, 2016
    With a brilliant plot, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the show. I was reluctant to watch it at first because of the nudity and violence, but only after watching it did I realize that the show is much more than that. The story having variety of themes, plot twists and cliff hangers kept me at the tip of my seat. In simple words, it is a masterpiece.
  19. May 26, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Took me a few episodes to get into, but once I got attached to the characters, they died. Which is great, because the less-favored characters develop into lovable, conniving favorites. If you do not like the show, don't let the door hit you on the way out ;) Expand
  20. May 10, 2016
    Simply amazing ! A clever tv show ! Actors/tress, characters, music, storyline : everything works perfectly ! The third season begins "slowly" (for this show) but I feel confident that I will not be disappointed.
  21. May 5, 2016
    Game of thrones is a fantastic show with stunning visuals and lovable characters. It even has one of the best production value I have ever seen on a tv show and in movies
  22. Apr 21, 2016
    Game of Thrones is an American fantasy television series produced by the HBO cable network. It is based on the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, written by George R.R. Martin who serves as a producer, creative consultant and scriptwriter on the television series. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss created the television series and serve as executive producers, showrunners and the main writers.
  23. Apr 20, 2016
    This show is amazing. Everyone should watch it. I've almost never seen a show that can be so consistently impressive with its episodes from start to finish.
  24. Apr 19, 2016
    even though I think the books are 100% better, the show is really worth watching! Stading ovation to every single actor, they all deserve all of the awards! Can't wait for its return!
  25. Apr 18, 2016
    Literally one of the best shows ever made, after "Breaking Bad."

It gets a 9, though, because of its current treatment of the source material, unnecessary and inaccurate rape, and the exclusion of favored characters from the books.

Those complaints aside, it still absolutely deserves a 9 for the acting, story, and drama. Even if you don't enjoy fantasy works, you'll probably enjoy this.
  26. Apr 17, 2016
    I loved the premiere episode. Some people seem to have issues with the pace and the jumps between scenes etc and I guess I can understand what they mean but when I watched it I didn't even notice a problem with things like that at all. I think it was a very good adaption of the books. The acting is good throughout and even excellent by many cast members even in smaller roles. I think thatI loved the premiere episode. Some people seem to have issues with the pace and the jumps between scenes etc and I guess I can understand what they mean but when I watched it I didn't even notice a problem with things like that at all. I think it was a very good adaption of the books. The acting is good throughout and even excellent by many cast members even in smaller roles. I think that having read the books puts certain things, that some have taken issue with (like sex and racism), into a perspective where it's not the same problem since you know more about the whole world and how various characters think. Expand
  27. Apr 15, 2016
    I always tell everyone to just stick with it past the first episode. It's a lot of information to swallow when you dive into episode one but so incredibly worth around the 3rd or 4th episode. So much is constantly happening. A total binge worthy show that makes you feel like you're watching a movie each episode. Well done. Best show currently airing.
  28. Mar 24, 2016
    The most consistent season of all, mostly because it stayed the most faithful to the book. I didn't have the best visuals or the biggest budget compared to later seasons but at least the characters and their motivations/actions made sense.
  29. Mar 17, 2016
    I came to Game of Thrones totally Unsullied (the official term for those viewers who had not read the books before watching the show). Several friends and family members recommended it to me, a few of which I had not thought would EVER enjoy a story with a "fantasy" setting. So I decided to sit down and watch it, and it almost immediately became my go-to fictional series, supplanting olderI came to Game of Thrones totally Unsullied (the official term for those viewers who had not read the books before watching the show). Several friends and family members recommended it to me, a few of which I had not thought would EVER enjoy a story with a "fantasy" setting. So I decided to sit down and watch it, and it almost immediately became my go-to fictional series, supplanting older series' that I had enjoyed for years (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.)

The show is simply marvelous. From the very first episode, the world-building and characterizations are impressive, especially given the relatively meager budget the show had to work with in it's first go around. The pilot might be the single most impressive episode of the whole series, which doesn't usually happen. You have the Stark introductions, assassination, incest, executions, history and lore, and attempted child murder...and that's just the first episode!

Having now read all of the books, it is one of the most impressive feats of adaptation I have witnessed (again, compared to the likes of Harry Potter and LOTR franchises). The settings, the scenes that are selected for adaptation versus those jettisoned for the TV medium, and especially the cast are all amazing. Truly, the casting is one of the greatest strengths of this show, even into it's fifth season. Main cast actors are just about always spot-on, and many a character whose role is very small in both book and show is made memorable by the portrayal of the actor or actress. Just off the top of my head, characters who were not very prominent in either medium but who are instantly memorable from their depiction: Syrio Forel, Yoren, Alliser Thorne, Bronn, the list goes on.

And then we come to what Game of Thrones is known for: deaths of major characters. If I simply enjoyed the show before reaching the ninth episode, I was irrevocably hooked after it. Game of Thrones is unique in how it gets you invested in a character and then takes them away from you, but all the while giving you ample forshadowing (IF you pay attention,) and it never feels cheap or included simply for shock value. Ned Stark (and Sean Bean's pitch-perfect performance of him) is our first protagonist, and although we expect a last minute rescue as he stands ready to be executed, some part of us knew he was doomed as soon as he arrived in King's Landing.

Ned Stark and his fate is a great example of another strength of this series. With few exceptions, almost all of its characters are morally ambiguous or deeply flawed in some way. A man like Ned Stark, who readers/viewers immediately understood as an honorable, good man, had critical flaws that led to his downfall. And on the flip side, a duplicitous character like Littlefinger is also relatable because we know what his background is, and we know that his plan to back Joffrey and work behind the scenes was what Ned SHOULD have done! But Ned being Ned, that just wasn't going to fly. And so Littlefinger betrayed him, for what afterwards seems like obvious reasoning.

Truly the beginning of a remarkable series!
  30. Feb 6, 2016
    Nadchodzi zima…

Na wstępie powiem, że najpierw przeczytałem książki. Dlatego też miałem ogromne wymagania co do całego serialu. I muszę przyznać, że nie mogę się doczekać, tego jak w kolejnych sezonach potoczy się akcja. Pierwszy sezon jest przykładem na to jak robi się filmy w klimatach średniowiecza. Kostiumy i prawdziwa scenografia ponad efekty specjalne sprawiają, że czuć
    Nadchodzi zima…

Pierwszy sezon jest przykładem na to jak robi się filmy w klimatach średniowiecza. Kostiumy i prawdziwa scenografia ponad efekty specjalne sprawiają, że czuć autentyczność miejsc oraz bohaterów. Do tego na prawdę świetna gra aktorów czyni ten sezon prawie idealnym. To co mi przeszkadzało to sceny sexu co dosłownie 10 minut. W książce ich tylu nie było, więc i w serialu wydają się być nie na miejscu w takich ilościach. Ale jak tu nie oglądać kobiecych piersi kiedy HBO jest producentem… ;)
    Polecam każdemu.

1. Reviewed by: Hal Boedeker
    Apr 25, 2011
    The epic fantasy series is lavish, violent and often quite nasty. Most crucially, this adaptation of George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" book series is unnecessarily difficult to follow.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Apr 18, 2011
    The gloriously bloody and depraved spirit of the novels is intact and even enhanced.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 18, 2011
    A grand soap opera of epic proportions, Game of Thrones can be a bit talky in some episodes, but the series draws a viewer in with well-defined characters and a multitude of simultaneous stories whose plot turns are generally unpredictable.