Game of Thrones : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.2

1. Oct 25, 2011
    The brilliant first season of Game of Thrones turns out to be a very well-crafted adaptation of Martin's epic first novel in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The cast is both talented and suited to their roles, and the twists and turns of the convoluted story should keep viewers spellbound.
  2. Nov 2, 2011
    Simply stunning. This is what you call a tv show worth watching. HBO and Showtime (ok, AMC too) are the only channels where you can find quality programming, the rest is just the rest, dumbed down shows.
  3. Nov 5, 2011
    This is probably the greatest fantasy epic made for tv ever,and would probably rival many movies of this genre too,and the acting and scope of the world is just mind blowing.
  4. Dec 21, 2011
    Game of Thrones is arguably one of the best TV shows to land in 2011; the intriguing story lines, the twisted plots, the camera work, the production, the stellar acting, and the set of the show create this wonderful masterpiece that it is impossible not to fall in love with the show- even if you are not into Fantasies. It is important to note the strength of the child actors- the actorsGame of Thrones is arguably one of the best TV shows to land in 2011; the intriguing story lines, the twisted plots, the camera work, the production, the stellar acting, and the set of the show create this wonderful masterpiece that it is impossible not to fall in love with the show- even if you are not into Fantasies. It is important to note the strength of the child actors- the actors who play the unruly Joffrey Baratheon, Bran Stark, Arya, and Sansa do an excellent job at reflecting the character depicted in the novels. What many folks leave out is the landscape of the work; the landscapes chosen matches those that are portrayed in George R.R. Martin's novels- well done. Seriously, people need to watch the show and abandon any prejudices they might have against the show for whatever purposes- A Great Show. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    The best show ever! The sopranos has been demoted to second best show ever in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Mar 15, 2012
    This show is absolutely amazing. I never read the novels it is based on. I was hooked after watching the 1st episode.

Best TV shows:

- Game Of Thrones
    - Breaking Bad
    - Walking Dead
  7. Jun 9, 2013
    Amazing show. In the middle of all the mediocre television shows being produced in recent years Game of Thrones is an exception and a must watch. The show is filled with action, and fast-paced (in my opinion, when compared to other shows I've seen recently such as the Walking Dead).
  8. Nov 10, 2011
    If you are a fan of fantasy, knights, swords, kings, and dragons, this is the show for you. If you are not...well, you will be after watching (and reading) this story/show.
  9. Dec 1, 2011
    Great TV show, one of the best I've seen. A little sad that there is only 10 episodes but they are a little longer than other shows (~1 hour). Characters are very nice and without having read books, they must be great.
  10. Mar 6, 2012
    The negative reviews for this series astound me. Having read through book 2 when the show began and book 4 now, I cannot imagine this show being done in a better way. Season 1 very closely follows the events of book 1, which is no small feat, as the story is deep, complex, and gritty. Since this show is on HBO, none of the plot elements are compromised. Each episode is masterfully done,The negative reviews for this series astound me. Having read through book 2 when the show began and book 4 now, I cannot imagine this show being done in a better way. Season 1 very closely follows the events of book 1, which is no small feat, as the story is deep, complex, and gritty. Since this show is on HBO, none of the plot elements are compromised. Each episode is masterfully done, with high production values evident in every shot. The characters are portrayed expertly by the cast, and by the end of episode 10, you will be out of breath. This series is a labor of love, and it is obvious at all times. You can tell that this was created by people who cared about the story, and wanted to present it to a larger audience in a medium that we all can easily understand. Again, this is no small feat. Expect the coming seasons to be even better as the story picks up. Winter is coming! Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2011
    When I picked up this series I was not a fan of Martin's works, as I had never read any of the books in the series. In my view, the story is difficult to pick up with a wide array of characters introduced in a short amount of time. Yet if one sticks by the series, eventually character connections are easy to distinguish. The cast is perfect, an impeccable array of child actors for a tvWhen I picked up this series I was not a fan of Martin's works, as I had never read any of the books in the series. In my view, the story is difficult to pick up with a wide array of characters introduced in a short amount of time. Yet if one sticks by the series, eventually character connections are easy to distinguish. The cast is perfect, an impeccable array of child actors for a tv series. The opening sequence of the show is memorable at first, yet it loses its luster after the fourth or so episode. Nearing the conclusion of season one, the episode finales do leave you wanting more. The story is engrossing and is definitely worth giving a chance.

However, I did find downsides, such as what I believe are over the top sex scenes in parts. There are also a few fantasy genre stereotypes, yet it must be considered that meager these complaints do not stack up well against the positives.
  12. Jun 27, 2012
    It's on HBO, so you can expect a lot of gore, violence and nudity. But other than those 'superficial' attractions, Game of Thrones is one of the best TV series to come in a long time. Great cast, superb storytelling and stellar production values. It brings incredible characterization and convoluted plotting into the forefront, something that can only be done in a TV series such as this.It's on HBO, so you can expect a lot of gore, violence and nudity. But other than those 'superficial' attractions, Game of Thrones is one of the best TV series to come in a long time. Great cast, superb storytelling and stellar production values. It brings incredible characterization and convoluted plotting into the forefront, something that can only be done in a TV series such as this. Highly recommended. Expand
  13. May 22, 2015
    This is an amazing show with lots of character development, story development, action, drama, suspense, drama, romance and fantasy. There are a colorful cast of characters in this series. Meshes well between medieval type of setting with some modern style themes (such as language). There is some nudity and sexual scenes but not that much. Can be gruesome in terms of its content but its aThis is an amazing show with lots of character development, story development, action, drama, suspense, drama, romance and fantasy. There are a colorful cast of characters in this series. Meshes well between medieval type of setting with some modern style themes (such as language). There is some nudity and sexual scenes but not that much. Can be gruesome in terms of its content but its a premium show so it is no surprise. Highly recommended for those who love action, drama, suspense and fantasy settings. Expand
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    One of the best series ive ever watched! Highly recommend it! cant wait for season 2! it will be much better than the first. very intriguing story. If you liked LOTR, you will love this!
  15. Dec 12, 2011
    I have read the book and I can tell that, despite many things are not told as it should, we're in front of one of the best TV Shows ever produced or directed.
  16. Sep 5, 2013
    I cant explain in words how happy I am they finally made this series, and they did it right. The level of production, the sets, locations and the top actors they've gotten to do this makes this easily one of the best first seasons in HBO cable TV history. Throw in the fact that this show stays very close to the source material, and you have the best "thing" on TV. If the end of thisI cant explain in words how happy I am they finally made this series, and they did it right. The level of production, the sets, locations and the top actors they've gotten to do this makes this easily one of the best first seasons in HBO cable TV history. Throw in the fact that this show stays very close to the source material, and you have the best "thing" on TV. If the end of this season proved to those unknowing of this series anything don't get attached. Expand
  17. Jun 16, 2012
    One of the best adaptations I've ever seen made​​. This first season was able to excite me like never before. Can follow the spirit of the book and fabulous actors equal in all respects to the characters of the book. This is a masterpiece!
  18. Dec 20, 2011
    I've read the books. I've read them so many times that I've lost the count. A Song of Ice and Fire is by far the best fantasy series that I've ever read and I'm so amazed that HBO has been able to put the series on screen in such a great way. The cast is great, the music is perfect and, even though I've read the books so many times, I feel like I never know what will happen in the nextI've read the books. I've read them so many times that I've lost the count. A Song of Ice and Fire is by far the best fantasy series that I've ever read and I'm so amazed that HBO has been able to put the series on screen in such a great way. The cast is great, the music is perfect and, even though I've read the books so many times, I feel like I never know what will happen in the next scene.

Great job HBO! I hope that the next season will be just as great!
  19. Jun 2, 2012
    Recently I finally watched this series after being told repeatedly of how amazing it was, and I have to say I agree. I don't think I've ever seen such amazing production design for a television show, allowing the world of Westeros to feel very real and authentic. The cast is superb as well. Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage are the standouts in Season 1, but the whole cast does a good job ofRecently I finally watched this series after being told repeatedly of how amazing it was, and I have to say I agree. I don't think I've ever seen such amazing production design for a television show, allowing the world of Westeros to feel very real and authentic. The cast is superb as well. Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage are the standouts in Season 1, but the whole cast does a good job of embodying their characters. Furthermore, the plot of the series is completely engaging, I found it hard to tear myself away from the screen. In fact I finished the first Season in just three days because I just couldn't stop watching. If you're a fan of medieval history or fantasy than this is definitely a show that you should watch. Expand
  20. Nov 4, 2012
    Game of Thrones is one of the few times where a visual adaptation surpasses its source material - the A Song of Ice and Fire series. That's not to say the books are bad, on the contrary, up until A Feast For Crows they're extremely entertaining when the author isn't giving you a long-winded explanation on what someone had for breakfast! The show essentially takes the plots from the book,Game of Thrones is one of the few times where a visual adaptation surpasses its source material - the A Song of Ice and Fire series. That's not to say the books are bad, on the contrary, up until A Feast For Crows they're extremely entertaining when the author isn't giving you a long-winded explanation on what someone had for breakfast! The show essentially takes the plots from the book, and delivers something with more adrenaline and more action, with the opportunity to expand on characters beyond the POV's from the books. Never before have I seen a show with such good acting, so many likeable characters - even female characters, and so many unforeseen plot twists. Usually you'd expect a fantasy based drama to suffer from the usual hammy acting and the like, but this is nothing of the sort. You'll care about characters, you'll be intrigued by the story, and you'll love the soundtrack. Its only real downfall is the unnecessary sex scenes in almost every single episode - even more so than the books. Expand
  21. Apr 9, 2012
    A simply perfect season. Amazing characters, an interesting plot, twists and turns, a fantastic world created by George R.R Martin, great sets and, of course, really really really good actors, who bring the characters of the book to life. Bravo HBO, Bravo Producers, and the entire team!
  22. Jan 7, 2012
    Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister character) definitely deserves a Globe for his witty performance. The show overall is eccentric in telling the story as well as a lot of ego and pride for power to rule. Plenty of power play!
  23. Jan 10, 2012
    Its simple as this: I have known many shows, and some of them were good... but if i could pay 10 bucks to rate Game of Thrones an 11/10 .. i would pay 50 to rate it a 15/10 ... everyone who reads this, and HAS NOT seen it.. i urge you.. you can not, under any circumstances miss this.. but do not be fooled, this is far from fairy-tale story.. its an adult medieval epic, for adult viewers..Its simple as this: I have known many shows, and some of them were good... but if i could pay 10 bucks to rate Game of Thrones an 11/10 .. i would pay 50 to rate it a 15/10 ... everyone who reads this, and HAS NOT seen it.. i urge you.. you can not, under any circumstances miss this.. but do not be fooled, this is far from fairy-tale story.. its an adult medieval epic, for adult viewers.. if you have not seen it, you must not miss it! 15/10 Expand
  24. Jan 19, 2012
    What a great show. I couldn't stop watching it. I started watching it yesterday and i finished the whole first season in one day. I love the characters and the whole story. I also have played the board game and let me tell you its just like the show if you love this show like I do then you should get some friends and play this board game.
  25. Jan 22, 2012
    This is second best TV show (Breaking Bad is first). The acting in this show is wonderful and so if the story. The episode, Baelor, almost gave me a heart attack! Call me weird, but I gave a standing ovation in my living room at the end of the last episode. Best new show of 2011!
  26. Apr 4, 2012
    HBO does it again by delivering another must see series. Game Of Thrones is THE show to watch and anyone who hasnt watched it is truely missing out. I love it.
  27. Mar 12, 2012
    A nearly flawless adaptation of the amazing first book in the series. The cast was chosen with great care. The story was told with precision. The results were fantastic.
  28. Jan 30, 2012
    Very good adaptation, faithful to the tone and pace of the original novels. Actors and sets are amazing, it was a long wait but it is really worth it. The art direction and the production of the show is great. Sean Bean as Eddard Stark is amazing and the dwarf ara the best actor!!!
  29. Feb 7, 2012
    This are one of the shows that is just unique. There were no dull moments at all. And it made me read the books which is surprising even for me.This are one of the shows that is just unique. There were no dull moments at all. And it made me read the books which is surprising even for me. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Expand
  30. Feb 14, 2012
    So far, one of the best show in adventure fantasy genre. Good acting, great storyline, beautiful cinematography and effects...Waiting for the second season.
  31. Jun 22, 2012
    this show is simply amazing, i got hooked after season 1 and ended up buying all the books too. can't wait for season 3. i would advise any one who hasn't read the books yet but want to, i believe it's more fun to watch the season first then go back and read the book just because the series is so suspenseful.
  32. Dec 9, 2012
    Bloody, violent and engaging just the way I like it.
  33. Mar 4, 2012
    I'll go over some positive and negative comments about the show to be as fair as possible. PROS: Game of Thrones is the first large-scale fantasy TV show. To all the fantasy lovers who devoured the Tolkien books and movies, George R R Martin's GoT will already be on your watch list. I implore non-fantasy readers to give it a try, though. It's definitely different from your average americanI'll go over some positive and negative comments about the show to be as fair as possible. PROS: Game of Thrones is the first large-scale fantasy TV show. To all the fantasy lovers who devoured the Tolkien books and movies, George R R Martin's GoT will already be on your watch list. I implore non-fantasy readers to give it a try, though. It's definitely different from your average american TV series, and has a huge list of characters and a slow beginning due to character development, but I guarantee you the series will only get better as the first half of the season comes around and into the second season (I know because I've read the books which HBO is staying true to). There is enough magic, lore, mythical creatures and weapons to add that fantasy element in the show, yet not enough to detract from a "realistic" experience. The story in GoT is the key element of its success, it's really exceptional for a TV series and honestly can't fully be judged by the first season alone because it's really built upon in books 2 and 3 (which will translate to season 2 and onwards on the TV series. Which includes EPIC BATTLES that will definitely make it onto the show). And as a last positive, anyone can die (this is a positive to me in a realistic sense), so make sure you are prepared for anything to happen (in a realistic way of course)!

CONS: Game of Thrones is not a show suitable for everyone. I love the books and the show as well, but it's not deserving of a 10 like most of the reviewers give it (I'm assuming they want to boost the ratings as high as possible). The translation from book to screen has been fairly good, but some of the changes are questionable. There is a lot of character exposition using erotic scenes which honestly shouldn't have been in the show, I'm all for erotic scenes but please you can do better than that GoT directors. Secondly, a lot of the really good dialogue from the book is gone and replaced with less entertaining dialogue. Thirdly, some of the acting seems really wooden (possibly because of the medival fantasy setting). The characters are not black and white, but they do portray stereotypes and that can be annoying to some viewers (again, come to your own conclusions). And lastly, there are not enough shots of the villages and landscape in the show, a big part of large fantasy worlds is being able to picture the worlds and this is crucial to the success of a show (think of LOTR). And yes, I know it costs money for these kind of shots but they can still definitely do a better job on that. The first season does not have much warfare because of the costs involved, but if you stick with the show until the second season you will be sure to see more!
  34. Apr 9, 2012
    The show in a whole is very well put together. The various points of view are deftly mixed together without being overly confusing. The wit and range of emotions provides a lot of character to the show. And the TV show appears to be offering a more streamlined but accurate adaptation of the books that hopefully can manage the extremely large setting that they are in.
  35. Mar 16, 2012
    Having not read the books this series has so many unexpected twists. This show demands your love or hate for the characters and it is accomplished without question. Beautiful scenes only add to the mayhem, A must watch!
  36. Jun 13, 2013
    Novel adaptations like this are made for television. Many times epic literary works are reduced to the bare bones because people aren't willing to sit through a film longer than 3 hours. Game of Thrones is an excellent adaptation of Martin's work, with exceptional acting and beautiful visuals. If you have to pick one series to follow, it should be this one.
  37. Mar 15, 2012
    I love it. TV was dead to me (killed by the internet) until this brought me back. I had not read the book, but had read one and a half prequels to it. It wasn't terribly hard to follow, especially on Amazon where rewinding is possible. The style of directing is reminiscent of Battlestar Galactica. There is a lot of cutting between parallel threads, and leisurely dialog scenes whichI love it. TV was dead to me (killed by the internet) until this brought me back. I had not read the book, but had read one and a half prequels to it. It wasn't terribly hard to follow, especially on Amazon where rewinding is possible. The style of directing is reminiscent of Battlestar Galactica. There is a lot of cutting between parallel threads, and leisurely dialog scenes which do not overstay their welcome. The pacing is good and the characters are believable, except for a few scenes of the Targaryens which seemed over the top and gratuitous. The nudity (which 100% of the negative reviews complained about) though far more abundant than most other TV shows, is a tiny fraction of the show and does not detract from it. It rather makes it feel more authentic through being unencumbered by censors. It is, IMO, the best show since DS9 ended. The Walking Dead, for instance, has utter **** for acting and writing compared to this. Expand
  38. Mar 16, 2012
    There's a reason fans of the books sometimes enjoy this show more than people who haven't read them- the story just gets better and better. I hadn't read the books or even heard of them before watching the show, but after watching the show and reading the books, I can safely say that the story builds up slow, but builds up big. You could be yawning at the first episode, but by the time youThere's a reason fans of the books sometimes enjoy this show more than people who haven't read them- the story just gets better and better. I hadn't read the books or even heard of them before watching the show, but after watching the show and reading the books, I can safely say that the story builds up slow, but builds up big. You could be yawning at the first episode, but by the time you reach the end you are sobbing in empathy. The show trades some of the novel's subtlety for a more TV-friendly heavy handedness, but in a really great, emotional way. Watch it, stick with it, it's awesome! Expand
  39. Mar 20, 2012
    I have not read the books, but have been told not to because this adaptation is so faithful (in essence). Great acting, action, and overall plot narrative. Never a dull moment!
  40. Mar 21, 2012
    Game of Thrones is not for everybody. It a fantasy series that reads like a drama, and if you have not read the books, you may have a hard time remembering all of the characters. Yes, it definitely challenges viewers in that regard. In the end, however, the show comes together masterfully--the performances are sweeping, the costumes are gorgeous, the sets are seamlessly immersing. MindGame of Thrones is not for everybody. It a fantasy series that reads like a drama, and if you have not read the books, you may have a hard time remembering all of the characters. Yes, it definitely challenges viewers in that regard. In the end, however, the show comes together masterfully--the performances are sweeping, the costumes are gorgeous, the sets are seamlessly immersing. Mind you, you do not go into this series expecting fairy-tale heroism and epic monster battles. While there are healthy doses of mysticism, they are subtle and build gradually. In the end, Game of Thrones is about kingdoms, its people, and the vicious intrigues that occur throughout. The characters you meet along the way are not complex so much as they are REAL. They might seem predictable, but that is because they are relatable. No one is evil, no one is good, and no one is safe. They are people who hurt and bleed and die. A few of them are clever, but most of them are limited, even tormented by their own personal codes, so much so that they are driven to their doom. The idea here is not to focus on just one character. The character you end up rooting for might end up disappointing you. They might end up dying. Meanwhile, a character you once thought to be a callous villain turns out to be damaged in some way, not unlike ourselves. Ultimately, Game of Thrones is elegant, treacherous, violent, and gritty. As a viewer, you will SEE imminent betrayal around every corner; it -is- predictable. When it arrives, however, it is keenly felt. You might even be moved. Granted, you WILL have to invest more than five seconds acquainting yourself with the characters and the world they fill. If you can do that, it is actually a very easy drama to follow, not mention a true work of art. Expand
  41. Mar 23, 2012
    I can hardly imagine, how anyone could have made a better adaptation of this magnificent book for the screen. It's extremely true to the book's spirit, not afraid to change minor things or adapt to the totally different medium, while still telling the story as close to GRRM's original vision as possible.
    The cast is simply fantastic, the characters incredibly well done and the production looks amazing. The only thing you notice here and there, sadly, are the budget restrictions that come with a TV show.
    Ironically, getting away from those when writing for TV (which he did for years before) was the reason for GRRM to start writing the A Song of Ice and Fire epic in the first place... :-)
  42. Mar 23, 2012
    Globaly faithful to the tone of the books, but Dothrakis are a bit strange to me. Peter Dinklage as Tyrion is realy fantastic. Its a pity that it's too violent to be seen with kids.
  43. Apr 1, 2012
    An entertaining, if trifling experience, GAME OF THRONES has the slightly annoying habit of presenting characters who are completely unambiguous in every way. Each character is sign-posted as good or evil from episode one through ten, so very little of what they do at an point is surprising. That written, I enjoyed watching the first season, though it doesn't compare to superior genreAn entertaining, if trifling experience, GAME OF THRONES has the slightly annoying habit of presenting characters who are completely unambiguous in every way. Each character is sign-posted as good or evil from episode one through ten, so very little of what they do at an point is surprising. That written, I enjoyed watching the first season, though it doesn't compare to superior genre television like DEADWOOD, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, and JUSTIFIED. Expand
  44. Mar 25, 2012
    To all you nay sayers out there who denounce this TV series as being predictable and "boring" you have not read the books. You even say that you have not read the books yet then go on to point out how deficient the story is. I hope more people watch this series and your efforts to stop this are in vein. If you had read the books you would realise how important they are to the fantasyTo all you nay sayers out there who denounce this TV series as being predictable and "boring" you have not read the books. You even say that you have not read the books yet then go on to point out how deficient the story is. I hope more people watch this series and your efforts to stop this are in vein. If you had read the books you would realise how important they are to the fantasy genre. They make fantasy feel real. As if you could mistake the history of Westeros with our own. You would realise that season 1 is the opening novel and sets the 'stage' for the rest of the series to unfold. Season 2 will be remarkable. Why? Because the book 2 is remarkable. Book 3 is even better and Book 5 is a masterpiece. I love HBO for making this series. When I first started to read the books, some 10 years ago, I always thought this would make a cool movie or TV series and when I heard that HBO was making a series out of the books I almost jumped out of my chair. This is a truly awesome series and once they are all made they will go down as being as good as the books. I suppose there are people who find Sopranos, Rome and TheWire 'boring.' I take solace in the fact that not all have the sense to know what's good for them. Expand
  45. Dec 15, 2012
    it's based on a book, and if there's one thing that is excellent as books is: character development is always good in them, as well as the drama, Action is seldom and when it happens, it's explosive, that's how these books roll, and I expected no different from the TV series, excellent adaptations and great acting.
    Although, at some points, the excessive talk, does kind of bore you a
    Although, at some points, the excessive talk, does kind of bore you a little. Nothing too bad, I rarely ever watch TV, but when I do, I kind of expect to be entertained with action, and sometimes this bores me a little bit. As I said, nothing major
  46. Mar 28, 2012
    This epic show is just brilliant, comfortably the best show on the outstandingly good Sky Atlantic channel. All the cast are excellent in it, the backdrops, visual effects and makeup are of cinema quality rather than what we usually get in a TV drama, the script is excellent, basically, I can't stress enough just how good this show is, if I could give more than 10 I comfortably would.This epic show is just brilliant, comfortably the best show on the outstandingly good Sky Atlantic channel. All the cast are excellent in it, the backdrops, visual effects and makeup are of cinema quality rather than what we usually get in a TV drama, the script is excellent, basically, I can't stress enough just how good this show is, if I could give more than 10 I comfortably would. Just excellent! Bring on Season 2! Expand
  47. Apr 2, 2012
    I haven't read the books, but I must say that I definitely plan to after watching this amazing show. Where do I begin? The characters are all interesting, the production value is so good that I often forget that I'm watching a TV show, and it surprises me at every turn. I don't care for predictability and this show rarely drags on as the dialogue is just as thrilling as the fight scenes.I haven't read the books, but I must say that I definitely plan to after watching this amazing show. Where do I begin? The characters are all interesting, the production value is so good that I often forget that I'm watching a TV show, and it surprises me at every turn. I don't care for predictability and this show rarely drags on as the dialogue is just as thrilling as the fight scenes. It's a bit difficult to follow at first because there are several important characters and the story is so intricate, but you'll catch on eventually. I can't recommend this show enough. Bravo HBO! Expand
  48. Jul 14, 2012
    the worst part about this show is that i have to wait a week in between episodes. i haven't read the books, so i enjoy the show quite a bit

i'm intrigued about what's going to happen
  49. Apr 13, 2012
    After watching the first season I am going to be forced to buy the next book. This story is building in epic fashion and the character development is brilliant. So many crazy things happen that you just can't feel that anyone is safe and that the next big plot point can come from nothing. To anyone who is reading the few poor reviews DO NOT believe them. Only a professional dork wouldAfter watching the first season I am going to be forced to buy the next book. This story is building in epic fashion and the character development is brilliant. So many crazy things happen that you just can't feel that anyone is safe and that the next big plot point can come from nothing. To anyone who is reading the few poor reviews DO NOT believe them. Only a professional dork would criticize a show like this for not being a good enough "fantasy." For the average person it is a captivating show and I for one hope it continues through the existing and future series. Expand
  50. Apr 17, 2012
    Fantastic show. For quite awhile I've wanted an 'original feeling' medieval show to watch, and good god does it deliver. The production value is high, the scenes are well shot and it is absolutely worth watching on bluray (which I recently did).

Characters feel very real, you even start to love some of the 'bad' guys. The only thing that keeps me from recommending this to my own family

Characters feel very real, you even start to love some of the 'bad' guys.

The only thing that keeps me from recommending this to my own family is the nudity, sometimes a bit too much. Other times though some purely stunning scenes of artistic nudity are acceptable, but the straight up porny elements make viewing sometimes a bit awkward. Still, it does not really detract from such a fantastic show and I hope they don't change the formula, its great.
  51. Apr 25, 2012
    My husband and I really loved season 1- and could not wait to see the next season--however we are soooo very disappointed in season 2....the violence and extreme obscenity is not necessary for the enjoyment of this series...we are as liberal as most but we really are not enjoying this season and will probably not bother to waste our time viewing the rest of the season.......We don't reallyMy husband and I really loved season 1- and could not wait to see the next season--however we are soooo very disappointed in season 2....the violence and extreme obscenity is not necessary for the enjoyment of this series...we are as liberal as most but we really are not enjoying this season and will probably not bother to waste our time viewing the rest of the season.......We don't really see any entertainment value in the series any longer. ---It is actually rather sickening to watch. Expand
  52. Apr 29, 2012
    Please don't die George R.R. Martin!! You don't look like you're in the best of health. The TV show is an amazing adaptation of the books. This show is full of deep characters, dynamic plotlines, and great writing. Keep it up HBO. Two more books to go GRRM!
  53. May 8, 2012
    For me this is one of the best movie ever!! There You can find everything : fight, intrigue, amazing story, sex and mooore. I having not read this fantastic (guess) saga but I will do this in a week!!
  54. Oct 10, 2013
    Winter is coming, and I couldn't be happier... The series is masterful and the acting is fantastic. The series stays true to the books and really pushes across the feel of 'war of the roses' meets 'lord of the rings'.
  55. May 16, 2012
    I love game of thrones.I really do but there is one thing that is bothering me.WHY DOES SEASON ONE AND TWO FEEL LIKE TRAILERS FOR THE NEXT SEASON.I love the lies and the sinister plots they have but it feels like its building up towards something that's not going to happen.Like the white walkers ..... Where the f@#$ are they now?And I wanna see more dragons.Didn't think I would afterI love game of thrones.I really do but there is one thing that is bothering me.WHY DOES SEASON ONE AND TWO FEEL LIKE TRAILERS FOR THE NEXT SEASON.I love the lies and the sinister plots they have but it feels like its building up towards something that's not going to happen.Like the white walkers ..... Where the f@#$ are they now?And I wanna see more dragons.Didn't think I would after skyrim but I miss the scaly bastards. Expand
  56. May 17, 2012
    Game of Thrones succeeds both as an adaptation and as a great TV drama in its first season. The writing is great (the source material gives it no excuse to be otherwise), and there are some truly mesmerizing performances by the actors. Mark Addy as Robert Baratheon, Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister, andGame of Thrones succeeds both as an adaptation and as a great TV drama in its first season. The writing is great (the source material gives it no excuse to be otherwise), and there are some truly mesmerizing performances by the actors. Mark Addy as Robert Baratheon, Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime Lannister, and Coneleth Hill as Varys were the four that stood out for me. It takes some time to get into the world of A Song of Ice and Fire (I was unimpressed by the pilot, but after the second episode was hooked). Beyond all of this, it is a show that requires, no demand, repeated viewings as there is so much detail to the world and the characters. If there is a criticism to be had, it is that the budget is limiting for battle sequences and to capture the scope of the book series, but that is to be expected. For fantasy lovers, and lovers of quality television (so long as they can get past their biases against the fantasy genre) this is required viewing. Very impressive first season. Expand
  57. Apr 2, 2013
    King in the North! When I first saw this season I had never read the books. But after I had read them, I came back to this and honestly, it is probably one of the most faithful adaptions of a book (a real book, not your weak 300 pagers) I had ever seen. Long live The Bean! For he is a true actor. Dinklage is also perfect, but Sean Bean anchors the show for the first season before lettingKing in the North! When I first saw this season I had never read the books. But after I had read them, I came back to this and honestly, it is probably one of the most faithful adaptions of a book (a real book, not your weak 300 pagers) I had ever seen. Long live The Bean! For he is a true actor. Dinklage is also perfect, but Sean Bean anchors the show for the first season before letting it go free, so that newbies, like myself, were deftly introduced to the show and the Starks before the chaos ensnared. Expand
  58. May 30, 2012
    It is not easy trying to bring life in to all of the complex characters of G.RR Martins amazing books, but this show certainly has succeeded! You never know what is about to happen, who will die next and where the story ends up. It is simply brilliant!
  59. May 30, 2012
    This was a really well written season. I was hooked right from the start. Excellent cast and intriguing story lines. The only flaw with the show is that it is too short. This is more noticeable in the second season where too many things are going on at once. This show either needs more episodes or to have lengthier episodes.
  60. Jun 5, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic. The acting is great, the scenery is great and the atmosphere created is absolutely amazing. It is backed up by a deep plot-line that will have you thinking for a long time. Just can't wait to see the next episode after watching one.
  61. Jun 18, 2012
    Very very good tv show, a bit too brutal for my taste, but it adds to the realism of it which makes it very high quality! Love the character portrayals by everyone, all very good actors and actresses! Just, wow, Can't wait for Season 3.
  62. Mar 13, 2013
    Yes, this is my favourite TVShow, and i have seen a lot of seriues such as Lost, Breaking Bad, White Collar, Greys Anatomy and many others, but still this is my favourite one. No i have not read the books but my cosuin have told me that´s the same thing. I love Game of Thrones becauseof it´s story, the scenarios, the actors, the visual effects. I mean this series has everything anyoneYes, this is my favourite TVShow, and i have seen a lot of seriues such as Lost, Breaking Bad, White Collar, Greys Anatomy and many others, but still this is my favourite one. No i have not read the books but my cosuin have told me that´s the same thing. I love Game of Thrones becauseof it´s story, the scenarios, the actors, the visual effects. I mean this series has everything anyone could lovo of any Tv Show. The story at first is a little bit strange and you may not get anything but after at leas t5 episodes of the first season you know very good the story and how is it going. And if you relate with a specific charachter it may be killed, yes in this tvshow many main character got killed but i thik this makes the series more special, it´s completly different to other shows when the main character never gets killed. The custome its another thing that makes game of thones very special, its absolutly awesome and perfect, again, even more than other series such as lost or NCIS. I can´t simply wait for more of this series. Expand
  63. Jun 27, 2012
    Game of Thrones is an absolute treat! Everything about this show is marvelous. The first episode of the first season only was able to get my attention and interest me in watching the whole season. There is no doubt about acting or the brilliance of cinematography and when you watch it, you can tell that a lot of money has been spent on making this show look even more than great.
  64. Apr 3, 2013
    One of the best shows out there... Some would say that the books are better but having read them I can assure you that the show is great and you can still enjoy it... The characters the plot the betrayals and most of all the mortality of all the characters even the protagonists will keep you company for a long time to come...
  65. Jul 10, 2012
    Yes, Game of Thrones is graphic. And it's obscene. And I love it. The acting, the writing, everything about this show proves Game of Thrones is really a winner. The production quality of this show is also really commendable. I recommend this to anyone, even people who aren't really into fantasy. Also, as an adaptation, this show is really excellent.
  66. Jul 27, 2013
    An extremely good first season. Game of Thrones is a fantastic show with fantastic performances by near the entire cast. The writing is good in the first season and the writing does a great job of following the first book very closely.
  67. Jul 15, 2012
    There are some changes between the books and the show, but they are mostly due to either cost or background. Sometimes they add a scene to show things that were implied in the books indirectly. Sometimes, they take a scene away due to time or the aforementioned costs. All of that said, the show is dark and wonderful, and it tells a tale not unlike the books. My only complaint isThere are some changes between the books and the show, but they are mostly due to either cost or background. Sometimes they add a scene to show things that were implied in the books indirectly. Sometimes, they take a scene away due to time or the aforementioned costs. All of that said, the show is dark and wonderful, and it tells a tale not unlike the books. My only complaint is that Renly never ate the peach! Expand
  68. Jun 19, 2013
    There is not much that I can say that hasn't already been said. This is one of, if not the best, show on TV today. Characters are great and wonderful writing. A must watch
  69. Jun 22, 2014
    Absolute amazing, every scene completely dazzled me, truly amazing, masterfully filmed.

To anybody skeptical about watching Game Of Thrones, put aside your worries, turn of your neglect and just watch.

Or u could read the books
  70. Sep 22, 2012
    This is one of my favorite shows/movies that I've ever seen. I was doubtful to watch it because I thought that it wasn
  71. Jul 30, 2012
    This is one of the best TV shows of all times. For those who love epic stories it is a gift, and for those who don't, too. The acting is exquisite, the detailed scenarios are completely convincing and the intensity of each episode leaves the spectator more than satisfied. Very well done. Congratulations.
  72. Jan 14, 2014
    I read the novels several times in the past few years, then finally got to watch most of the HBO series. The acting is superb, and the feel is true to the novels, which are as much a history lesson on the brute vileness that was Medieval Europe as a fantasy series.
  73. Jun 14, 2014
    Ótima série. Khaleesi a.k.a. Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, Arya Stark rainhas; Cersei Lannister, Joffrey Baratheon, Viserys Targaryen e Sansa Stark nadinha.
  74. Nov 16, 2013
    There is nothing you can dislike about game of thrones, every episode is interesting and every character is important. I think it's one of the best tv series ever created.
  75. Aug 28, 2014
    The first season of Game of Thrones works as a prologue to what's coming in the following seasons and will most likely become one of the best shows on tv, thanks to great performances from its massive cast to great writing filled of twists and shocks and remarkable characters to pure violence and gore in well-performed action pieces.
  76. Sep 10, 2012
    Die Serie ist gewgt brutal (aber dadurch scheinbar realistich)
    Die Serie ist gewgt brutal (aber dadurch scheinbar realistich)
    Leider gibt es meiner Meinung nach zu viele Schauplätze und man erfährt stets nur wenig über die einzelnen Charaktere. Außerdem finde ich, dass Sex (und stellenweise auch Gewalt) nur zur Zuschauerbefriedigung dienen. Denn im Grunde genügt die derbe Sprache größtenteils um die fiktive Gesellschaft zu spiegeln.

Fazit:
    Game of Thrones ist spannend aber zu weitläufig auch wenn dadurch jede Seite die Chance erhält ein wenig beleuchtet zu werden.
  77. Sep 23, 2012
    Everything good about this show has already been said. It's very enjoyable, though confronting at times, and not as predictable as one might think. Just watch it. I bought the books (all of them) halfway through the season.
  78. Oct 2, 2012
    The TV show's first few episodes start off a little slow. However, it is necessary to build the fantasy world upon which all the betrayal and intrigue will take place. Anybody who has not read the novels will have a hard time following all of the plot elements going on because many of them are explained only briefly if at all. It's a show for the fan's of the novels (which there are a lot)The TV show's first few episodes start off a little slow. However, it is necessary to build the fantasy world upon which all the betrayal and intrigue will take place. Anybody who has not read the novels will have a hard time following all of the plot elements going on because many of them are explained only briefly if at all. It's a show for the fan's of the novels (which there are a lot) or anybody who doesn't mind reading a little between episodes to figure out what exactly is going on. There is some great dry wit and humor in the show but I doubt it is enough to keep the uninitiated captivated. I imagine when the third or fourth season drops and the action in the storyline picks up, then the series will be more enjoyable for those who have not read the books. Expand
  79. Apr 17, 2013
    As a fan of the books, I first started to watch the series with some sense of caution, as I felt truly disapointed to the treatment the Harry Potter series received from the 3rd book onwards.

This time, however, HBO did exactly what Warner Bros. should have done with the Harry Potter series. Instead of tightening every book into 2 1/2 hours, Home Box Office offered us a well detailed and perfectly paced 9 hours(aprox.) of a excellent fantasy series.

The make up, dressing and setting look like an exact replication of everyone's mind when reading A Song of Ice and Fire. The characters are well established, everyone has an importance, and everyone's actions have their own consequences attached.

Which leads us to the acting. Sean Bean is perfect as Lord Eddard Stark. Mark Addy seems to be the real King Robert. Lena Headley does the acting so well that we even hate her and Cersei. And Peter Dinklage steals the show as Tyrion Lannister. There are also great perfomances from Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as the arrogant Jaime, Charles Dance as Daddy Tywin, Emilia Clarke as the noble-hearted princess Daenerys Targaryen.

To sum up, this is a must see show. A unique experience that shows us that Good not necessarily triumphs over Evil, but there's always balance in this exceptional world of Westeros.
  80. Mar 17, 2014
    This is the best television programme ever created. The acting is the best in the business. There are a lot of characters in this, and it should be difficult to flesh out each person and give them depth, but they have no problem with that here. Each episode leaves you wanting more, and each episode has you at the edge of your seat. Expect the unexpected. The writing is the best I've everThis is the best television programme ever created. The acting is the best in the business. There are a lot of characters in this, and it should be difficult to flesh out each person and give them depth, but they have no problem with that here. Each episode leaves you wanting more, and each episode has you at the edge of your seat. Expect the unexpected. The writing is the best I've ever seen. This is television at it's finest. Expand
  81. Nov 9, 2012
    Game of Thrones is a new breed of television, besting the futile attempts of previous HBO shows such as Rome and, though many did like it, The Tudors. No, Thrones is more. It's deeper. It's brilliant.
  82. Jul 14, 2013
    Fantastic show, it has wonderful character development, and a sense of moral ambiguity in relation to every character on the show. This is quite good because, you can decide who your hero or "protagonist" is, it's a world that is utterly and completely gray as opposed to the black and white that is portrayed on the vast majority of television programs. This is a thinking man's epic.
  83. Dec 8, 2012
    This show is nothing less than a masterpiece. It follows the books quite well, deviating a little here and there for artistic sake, but nothing major I've noticed (though I bet some of you ASoIaF lovers will probably pick up some I missed). The acting on all fronts is superb, though I was most impressed by Peter Dinklage and the child actor playing Arya Stark, both of whom deserve someThis show is nothing less than a masterpiece. It follows the books quite well, deviating a little here and there for artistic sake, but nothing major I've noticed (though I bet some of you ASoIaF lovers will probably pick up some I missed). The acting on all fronts is superb, though I was most impressed by Peter Dinklage and the child actor playing Arya Stark, both of whom deserve some sort of award if they haven;t got one already.

This show is an alternate universe medieval type action/drama. It's set in a place called Westeros and revolves around the different leaders of the respective areas and outlying areas, and their religious beliefs and throne-hunger driving them to war. The show features supernatural elements as well, including magic and mythical creatures. It's very much everything you'd expect from an adult medieval drama, and a lot of things you wouldn't. It surprises, and astounds around every corner. The visuals and sets are beautiful, and the story is one you must experience to truly enjoy.
  84. Dec 8, 2012
    It completely blew me away. I was hooked through to the end, and couldn't wait for the next season, and bought the next volume and read through it, and the next until there were none. This is one of those adaptations where you cannot complain. The show did what was essential to bring the book alive on TV. Apart from a few elements (which I would not spoil here), this is a show rooted inIt completely blew me away. I was hooked through to the end, and couldn't wait for the next season, and bought the next volume and read through it, and the next until there were none. This is one of those adaptations where you cannot complain. The show did what was essential to bring the book alive on TV. Apart from a few elements (which I would not spoil here), this is a show rooted in reality, as much as it could be for a fantasy. What I mean is that magic plays a very little part and does not serve as a plot device. The show has some truly amazing characters. The last time I saw a show that comes even close to handling so many characters so well was Lost.

My advice, though, is to read the books first because if you watch the show before that, it would be too good for you to come back to reading the books, which would be a shame since ASoIF is the best written fantasy series IMO.
  85. Jun 11, 2013
    In this TV show, you never know what's going to happen next, you can only guess. It's such a fantastic peace of work(actually pieces). You follow different troop through Westeros and watch them battle for the Iron Throne, AMAZING.

I don't really know what to say wothout spoiling.
  86. Dec 10, 2012
    Quite possibly the best TV series on at the moment, and in TV history. Both seasons 1 and 2 have incredible acting, genius scripting, a tight and exciting story, the spectacular and ridiculously complex and realistic fantasy world of George RR Martin, is brought to life almost perfectly. It has basically a Hollywood movie's production value and spot on directing.

What more can I say? I

What more can I say? I recommend it to all over the age of 15, as long as you can take some sex and blood, and complex politics. You will be drawn completely in and then taken on the roller-coaster of your life. Watch it!
  87. Feb 19, 2013
    I went into this skeptical. The premise really didn't seem like it would interest me. But after a bit of peer pressure from some friends I sat down and watched it. I loved it! Well, most of it. I found that some of the later episode tended to drag on a bit, and weren't as good as the earlier episodes. Overall: This is a very good series that is far better than I would have imagined.
  88. Dec 13, 2012
    Love this show, once you start watching you truly can't stop. I loved the story of the Starks, and you will really start to care for the characters. Everything is so well done.
  89. Apr 11, 2014
    Every Game of Thrones' chapter is about an hour long. The pilot, therefore, is a little bit overlong and it is hard to get used to the setting and characters and infinite subplots of the series. But once you do, oh boy, you are in.
    Game of Thrones is a commitment, and Season 1 establishes, from the pilot's ending to the last chapter's final breath, a continuous joyful sprout of explicit nudity, blood-squirting violence and sassy Shakespearian dialogue. The amazing production values make the world of Westeros so immersive, and the performances are, for the most part, really good (Some are uneven). It is a first season in all its glory, with lots of character introduction, but halfway in you will find exciting cliffhangers and some shocking moments that really makes this series a hell of a ride.
  90. Jan 2, 2015
    It's damn good, gets better and better with each new season, and is a great way to pass time on a winters night. Lots of twists and turns with unexpected events, humor, sex and violence and some, but not too much, fantasy stuff. I'm giving it a 10 because I like it and I'm generous with shows I like and merciless with shows I hate.
  91. Feb 14, 2013
    started reading this series 20 years or so ago with the release of the first novel. ive found the show to be a brilliant visual companion to one seriously well written series. not sure how well it would play out to someone who hasnt read the books as there are probably too many characters and plotlines to explore in a way to brief a season. as along time lover of the books i have nostarted reading this series 20 years or so ago with the release of the first novel. ive found the show to be a brilliant visual companion to one seriously well written series. not sure how well it would play out to someone who hasnt read the books as there are probably too many characters and plotlines to explore in a way to brief a season. as along time lover of the books i have no complaints. especially impressed with lena headey's portrayal of the twisted cersai. im not one to give 10's, but for me this is flawless tv. if only there were more hours in a season Expand
  92. Mar 4, 2013
    Although ignorant of the original literature, GoT proves godly in all stages of production. Never in the history of shows have I witnessed such a plethora of character portrayals and development. How many shows have the capacity to allow you to truly feel for both sides; in a word, how many shows have the capacity for such emotional investment?
  93. Apr 14, 2013
    Game of Thrones Review

Game of Thrones Review

Now that I just finished the first two seasons I'm seriously surprised. This TV show is truly something to be amazed about! Right now I'm really trying to find a flaw in it but I just can't. I thought of everything, the pacing, the cast, the direction and I even dared to question the amazing production value! But i couldn't find a single main thing, maybe the occasional out of pace scene but nothing to distract you if this amazing journey.
    Let's start with the plot, it is an adaptation of the famous series of novels A Song of Ice and Fire from George R. R. Martin. Like you guessed I haven't read them but I'll congratulate George for such a deep and rich universe and characters! But you are gonna ask, can this show really pull you into this story and make you like the protagonists? The answer is: ABSOLUTELY!
    I found myself cheering for Tyrion as he led his forces in Blackwater Bay! I liked hating Joffrey's guts and seeing what other horrible things he could do! And I liked immersing myself in Jon Snow's journey to the mysterious and wild lands that lie North of the Wall!
    The story is so engaging and it never gets lost in the overwhelmingly big cast of characters. There were a few times where I said "woah, who was this?" or "what was this dudes name?", but nothing overly complicated.
    The actors are great, they are full of charm and fit the characters. The ones that really stood out where Peter Dinklage as the smart and cunning Tyrion Lannister, Sean Bean as the honorable and loyal Ned Stark and last but not least, Jack Gleeson, playing the and sometimes chilling Joffrey Baratheon! Another thing I want to talk about is the astonishing and amazingly crafted presentation. It takes you in... no, it sucks you into this world and makes you care about it and feel part of it. I swear every time I see it I just sit back and enjoy my time in Westeros.
  94. Mar 20, 2013
    I don't care much for TV shows. This is the only show I've been genuinely excited for in a very long time. There are a lot of characters and names to remember, but I can't think of a single character from the show that is boring or dull. I didn't think a TV show could have so many character that are all so interesting.
  95. Mar 23, 2013
    This show is great. Way easier to follow than the books, which i find to be long winded and confusing; though i am sure there is a great story buried in all those pages, the TV show cuts off the fat!
  96. Apr 5, 2013
    It is the best show on TV. It's one of the first shows to show respect for the viewer and have a giant cast of round characters around the globe. It is a great show and a great fantasy. A must for people who love TV, Drama, Fantasy, or stories.
  97. Apr 13, 2013
    Never have I seen a show make you so interested in all the characters, and the show really pulls you into the world where these kingdoms are being ruled. Just amazing show!
  98. Aug 30, 2013
    With beautiful and expensive production design but even better, with good acting and great writing and direction, Game of Thrones is one of the best TV shows of the year.
  99. Apr 25, 2013
    I love this show in a way that I seldom love any type of media. I look forward to each episode airing and am sad when it is done. As spring approaches each year I know that winter is coming and cannot wait for it.

The first season starts in a way that almost immediately grabs your attention and lets you know that it will never let go. The elements that keep me coming back are not the dragons or the infrequent battles, or any of the normal fantasy elements that some people seem to think the books or this show are about. The appeal is the brilliantly devious nature of many of the characters and almost naive nature of others in addition to the fact that Peter Dinklage is flat out awesome. There are very few adults I know who are not fans of this show, and generally it is because they have not seen any episodes.

I didn't actually read the first book before the first season aired so I went into it without knowing the progression of events and actually kind of loved how that worked out. As the first season progresses you have hopes based on the characters you find to be the most honorable and likable and then you quickly realize that the world of Westeros does not take kindly to honorable people who do the right thing because it is right. In fact the first season pretty much breaks your heart in the greatest way possible as it virtually guarantees you will want to watch it until the bitter end. Previously Deadwood was my favorite show that HBO aired, Game of Thrones has now probably taken that spot.
  100. Dec 3, 2013
    The critics on this site are borderline retarded. Season 1 of Game of Thrones gets a lower rating than Dexter Season 7. No GOT seasons are below a 90. Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones/The Sopranos/Walking Dead/Boardwalk Empire are +90 shows. And Homeland from what I hear. But I've only seen about 6 episodes of Season 1. But the "fans" have much better judgment than the critics, sadly.The critics on this site are borderline retarded. Season 1 of Game of Thrones gets a lower rating than Dexter Season 7. No GOT seasons are below a 90. Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones/The Sopranos/Walking Dead/Boardwalk Empire are +90 shows. And Homeland from what I hear. But I've only seen about 6 episodes of Season 1. But the "fans" have much better judgment than the critics, sadly.

+ The Wire. And The Wire.

1. Reviewed by: Hal Boedeker
    Apr 25, 2011
    The epic fantasy series is lavish, violent and often quite nasty. Most crucially, this adaptation of George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" book series is unnecessarily difficult to follow.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Apr 18, 2011
    The gloriously bloody and depraved spirit of the novels is intact and even enhanced.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 18, 2011
    A grand soap opera of epic proportions, Game of Thrones can be a bit talky in some episodes, but the series draws a viewer in with well-defined characters and a multitude of simultaneous stories whose plot turns are generally unpredictable.