• Network: HBO
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
9.2

Universal acclaim- based on 2041 Ratings

1. Jul 14, 2013
    Fantastic show, it has wonderful character development, and a sense of moral ambiguity in relation to every character on the show. This is quite good because, you can decide who your hero or "protagonist" is, it's a world that is utterly and completely gray as opposed to the black and white that is portrayed on the vast majority of television programs. This is a thinking man's epic.
  2. Dec 8, 2012
    This show is nothing less than a masterpiece. It follows the books quite well, deviating a little here and there for artistic sake, but nothing major I've noticed (though I bet some of you ASoIaF lovers will probably pick up some I missed). The acting on all fronts is superb, though I was most impressed by Peter Dinklage and the child actor playing Arya Stark, both of whom deserve some sort of award if they haven;t got one already.

This show is an alternate universe medieval type action/drama. It's set in a place called Westeros and revolves around the different leaders of the respective areas and outlying areas, and their religious beliefs and throne-hunger driving them to war. The show features supernatural elements as well, including magic and mythical creatures. It's very much everything you'd expect from an adult medieval drama, and a lot of things you wouldn't. It surprises, and astounds around every corner. The visuals and sets are beautiful, and the story is one you must experience to truly enjoy.
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    In this TV show, you never know what's going to happen next, you can only guess. It's such a fantastic peace of work(actually pieces). You follow different troop through Westeros and watch them battle for the Iron Throne, AMAZING.

I don't really know what to say wothout spoiling.
  4. Feb 19, 2013
    I went into this skeptical. The premise really didn't seem like it would interest me. But after a bit of peer pressure from some friends I sat down and watched it. I loved it! Well, most of it. I found that some of the later episode tended to drag on a bit, and weren't as good as the earlier episodes. Overall: This is a very good series that is far better than I would have imagined.
  5. Dec 13, 2012
    Love this show, once you start watching you truly can't stop. I loved the story of the Starks, and you will really start to care for the characters. Everything is so well done.
  6. Apr 11, 2014
    Every Game of Thrones' chapter is about an hour long. The pilot, therefore, is a little bit overlong and it is hard to get used to the setting and characters and infinite subplots of the series. But once you do, oh boy, you are in.
    Game of Thrones is a commitment, and Season 1 establishes, from the pilot's ending to the last chapter's final breath, a continuous joyful sprout of explicit
    nudity, blood-squirting violence and sassy Shakespearian dialogue. The amazing production values make the world of Westeros so immersive, and the performances are, for the most part, really good (Some are uneven). It is a first season in all its glory, with lots of character introduction, but halfway in you will find exciting cliffhangers and some shocking moments that really makes this series a hell of a ride. Expand
  7. Feb 14, 2013
    started reading this series 20 years or so ago with the release of the first novel. ive found the show to be a brilliant visual companion to one seriously well written series. not sure how well it would play out to someone who hasnt read the books as there are probably too many characters and plotlines to explore in a way to brief a season. as along time lover of the books i have no complaints. especially impressed with lena headey's portrayal of the twisted cersai. im not one to give 10's, but for me this is flawless tv. if only there were more hours in a season Expand
  8. Mar 4, 2013
    Although ignorant of the original literature, GoT proves godly in all stages of production. Never in the history of shows have I witnessed such a plethora of character portrayals and development. How many shows have the capacity to allow you to truly feel for both sides; in a word, how many shows have the capacity for such emotional investment?
  9. Apr 14, 2013
    Game of Thrones Review

Now that I just finished the first two seasons I'm seriously surprised. This TV show is truly something to be amazed about! Right now I'm really trying to find a flaw in it but I just can't. I thought of everything, the pacing, the cast, the direction and I even dared to question the amazing production value! But i couldn't find a single main thing, maybe the
    occasional out of pace scene but nothing to distract you if this amazing journey.
    Let's start with the plot, it is an adaptation of the famous series of novels A Song of Ice and Fire from George R. R. Martin. Like you guessed I haven't read them but I'll congratulate George for such a deep and rich universe and characters! But you are gonna ask, can this show really pull you into this story and make you like the protagonists? The answer is: ABSOLUTELY!
    I found myself cheering for Tyrion as he led his forces in Blackwater Bay! I liked hating Joffrey's guts and seeing what other horrible things he could do! And I liked immersing myself in Jon Snow's journey to the mysterious and wild lands that lie North of the Wall!
    The story is so engaging and it never gets lost in the overwhelmingly big cast of characters. There were a few times where I said "woah, who was this?" or "what was this dudes name?", but nothing overly complicated.
    The actors are great, they are full of charm and fit the characters. The ones that really stood out where Peter Dinklage as the smart and cunning Tyrion Lannister, Sean Bean as the honorable and loyal Ned Stark and last but not least, Jack Gleeson, playing the and sometimes chilling Joffrey Baratheon! Another thing I want to talk about is the astonishing and amazingly crafted presentation. It takes you in... no, it sucks you into this world and makes you care about it and feel part of it. I swear every time I see it I just sit back and enjoy my time in Westeros.
  10. Mar 20, 2013
    I don't care much for TV shows. This is the only show I've been genuinely excited for in a very long time. There are a lot of characters and names to remember, but I can't think of a single character from the show that is boring or dull. I didn't think a TV show could have so many character that are all so interesting.
  11. Mar 23, 2013
    This show is great. Way easier to follow than the books, which i find to be long winded and confusing; though i am sure there is a great story buried in all those pages, the TV show cuts off the fat!
  12. Apr 5, 2013
    It is the best show on TV. It's one of the first shows to show respect for the viewer and have a giant cast of round characters around the globe. It is a great show and a great fantasy. A must for people who love TV, Drama, Fantasy, or stories.
  13. Apr 13, 2013
    Never have I seen a show make you so interested in all the characters, and the show really pulls you into the world where these kingdoms are being ruled. Just amazing show!
  14. Aug 30, 2013
    With beautiful and expensive production design but even better, with good acting and great writing and direction, Game of Thrones is one of the best TV shows of the year.
  15. Apr 25, 2013
    I love this show in a way that I seldom love any type of media. I look forward to each episode airing and am sad when it is done. As spring approaches each year I know that winter is coming and cannot wait for it.

The first season starts in a way that almost immediately grabs your attention and lets you know that it will never let go. The elements that keep me coming back are not the
    dragons or the infrequent battles, or any of the normal fantasy elements that some people seem to think the books or this show are about. The appeal is the brilliantly devious nature of many of the characters and almost naive nature of others in addition to the fact that Peter Dinklage is flat out awesome. There are very few adults I know who are not fans of this show, and generally it is because they have not seen any episodes.

I didn't actually read the first book before the first season aired so I went into it without knowing the progression of events and actually kind of loved how that worked out. As the first season progresses you have hopes based on the characters you find to be the most honorable and likable and then you quickly realize that the world of Westeros does not take kindly to honorable people who do the right thing because it is right. In fact the first season pretty much breaks your heart in the greatest way possible as it virtually guarantees you will want to watch it until the bitter end. Previously Deadwood was my favorite show that HBO aired, Game of Thrones has now probably taken that spot.
  16. Dec 3, 2013
    The critics on this site are borderline retarded. Season 1 of Game of Thrones gets a lower rating than Dexter Season 7. No GOT seasons are below a 90. Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones/The Sopranos/Walking Dead/Boardwalk Empire are +90 shows. And Homeland from what I hear. But I've only seen about 6 episodes of Season 1. But the "fans" have much better judgment than the critics, sadly.

+ The Wire. And The Wire.
  17. May 25, 2013
    Outstandingly realized adaptation of one of the best fantasy novel of our generation. Cast is well chosen, except for Renly. Acting is amazing (Peter Dinklage fits the role of the Imp perfectly). Let's hope that HBO will be able to adapt all "Song of Ice and Fire" saga. Great start
  18. Jun 11, 2013
    This show. WOW. I just can't get enough of it. It's plot twists, wars, and etc.. Just MIND-BLOWING. Normally I don't go for these type of shows.. I go for mysteries, or science fictional powered shows for example once upon a time but Game of Thrones.. It's one of the top of my favorite shows and let me warn you I watch a lot of shows. I mean it A LOT. I'd place Game of Thrones 4th of my very long list. Expand
  19. Oct 10, 2013
    The most entertaining, big budget, awesome book based fantasy you could wish for. As a person that read all aSoIaF books, this show does them justice.
  20. Nov 25, 2013
    almost everything is here excellent, it stays true to book, very good acting, well directed etc.
    only downside they had to cut parts from the book. Buy it!
  21. May 18, 2013
    A very great show. Interesting storylines, interesting characters, great acting, story just a very good show. It takes a lot of attention to get every detail but the show is still very great. Kind of like a TV version of Lord of the Rings.
  22. May 20, 2013
    The most satisfying TV-series I have watched.

Game of Thrones is a low fantasy medieval setting series based on the A Song of Ice and Fire books.
    It starts out a bit slow in an apparent non-magical fantasy world where people seem to have common medieval-ish superstitions.
    When magic is introduced, it is most often subtle, dark and/or unsettling, and sometimes you're left to wonder if
    it's a just a parlor trick within the Game of Thrones world.

The episode focuses on many main characters, each surrounded by the enemies they call friends and the friends they believe to be their enemies, spies and allies.
    The characters are very well-made, some easier to like than others, and the plot unpredictable unless you have read the books.

For once, we are looking at a series that actually is (mostly) true to the books. While it does take some shortcuts with the approval of the author of the books they don't contradict nor ruin the plot from the books.

This is the first TV-series I believe I will be able to bother tracking and watch every time it airs.
  23. Sep 29, 2013
    They're doing a great job adapting the books to the screen. This season was very well paced and very well written. On top of that, the acting and scenery were phenomenal. Great show for anyone that likes a good epic fantasy.
  24. Mar 23, 2014
    I'm so excited the big anticipated wait for season four of Game of Thrones is near. One thing I don't like about this show is it seems the good die young and the show is full of villains. That's why I cant until the blonde beauty 'Calisi (mother of dragons) comes to kicks azz (I HOPE) and knock a few off their high horses!!
  25. Sep 25, 2013
    Having just watched ep 10, I truly feel this series gets it just right. Acting, production values, plot, intrigue are all in line with the feel and tone of the book
  26. Jun 4, 2013
    Brilliant show with very well written storyline lines which continue to grip you every episode without ever losing interest. I would highly recommend that everyone give GoT a watch.
  27. Apr 11, 2014
    Game of thrones is the new T.V series which I'm rooting for! The setting may be over used, but the character and dialogue is something special. Great acting and the range of characters, will never leave the audience with a dull moment. This is something everyone should get into and support! action and drama to popular genres. Season 2 here I come!
  28. Aug 11, 2013
    I personally cannot get into this show what-so-ever. However, I cannot deny that it is a masterpiece of a show. I just can't get myself to really like it, but there's no denying it's one of the best shows out there.
  29. Jun 11, 2013
    The violentest!!! Love the part where the horse gets decapitated. No, but seriously, very entertaining, like Lord of the Rings except more people die horribly.
  30. Jan 28, 2014
    Game of Thrones was something I frowned upon at first, friends told me what it was and I kind of shrugged it off. Biggest mistake ever.

This show is absolutely everything I wanted in a TV series for such a very long time. Absolutely amazing photography & cinematography, brilliant music & audio plus the amazing actors and crew which build one hell of a story to tell. The 3 seasons of
    this so far have kept me gripped and interested the entire journey, and the fourth season is only just around the corner now!

I highly recommend this!

1. Reviewed by: Hal Boedeker
    Apr 25, 2011
    The epic fantasy series is lavish, violent and often quite nasty. Most crucially, this adaptation of George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" book series is unnecessarily difficult to follow.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Apr 18, 2011
    The gloriously bloody and depraved spirit of the novels is intact and even enhanced.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 18, 2011
    A grand soap opera of epic proportions, Game of Thrones can be a bit talky in some episodes, but the series draws a viewer in with well-defined characters and a multitude of simultaneous stories whose plot turns are generally unpredictable.