• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.2

1. Aug 16, 2011
    I would say that the episodes gained speed towards the end of its first season. Since its HBO, there is enough brutality, blood and boobs for 'mature' audiences. But as a few say, the plot line is a bit tacky (although imaginative) and the characters can be a bit repetitive. The whole 'Fantasy' genre is maybe pushing this on a bit too much - seems more like your average middle-agedI would say that the episodes gained speed towards the end of its first season. Since its HBO, there is enough brutality, blood and boobs for 'mature' audiences. But as a few say, the plot line is a bit tacky (although imaginative) and the characters can be a bit repetitive. The whole 'Fantasy' genre is maybe pushing this on a bit too much - seems more like your average middle-aged people and freaks than a 'fantasy' cast as such. BUT, this is coming from only a TV viewer as I have not read any of the Series. I would imagine the books are much better than the TV as TV/Movies has a hard time breaking the believable Fantasy barrier except for maybe L.O.T.R. Everything else seems like a cheap knock-off sometimes. Ironic how this genre of books and TV has exploded since The Trilogy (not to say they weren't great before ... but it LOTR definitely helped get viewers). In general, good stuff and good entertainment. Expand
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    Best Show Ever! Such deep, round characters...each one with different allegiances and motivations, some caught in their circumstances, others rebellious of theirs. I often say about shows with kids in them, it can only be as good as the kids are(great ones modern family, married with children, etc). Game of Thrones has awesome kids, Anya and Sansa are brilliant. I dont wanna get intoBest Show Ever! Such deep, round characters...each one with different allegiances and motivations, some caught in their circumstances, others rebellious of theirs. I often say about shows with kids in them, it can only be as good as the kids are(great ones modern family, married with children, etc). Game of Thrones has awesome kids, Anya and Sansa are brilliant. I dont wanna get into too many spoilers, so I will say this, watch and pay attention(so you can follow all the relationships) and you will be rewarded by a deep, intelligent, suspenseful show. I want to single out some acting but it is literally all magnificent, beautifully shot too. i am going to rewatch again... Expand
  3. Sep 4, 2011
    I am not a big fantasy nor historical watcher, but Game of Thrones "got" me from the first show. I got the book after the season finale and liked it very much (boy, are these books long!). I have already read the second book and looking forward to book 3.
  4. Jan 22, 2012
    This is second best TV show (Breaking Bad is first). The acting in this show is wonderful and so if the story. The episode, Baelor, almost gave me a heart attack! Call me weird, but I gave a standing ovation in my living room at the end of the last episode. Best new show of 2011!
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    Just watched the pilot. It's nasty, brutish and relatively short... and certainly strong enough to make me want to find more. There is a lot of violence and a lot of skankiness (don't watch this with your wife/girlfriend... if your unnerdy enough to have one). The opening ten minutes were very compelling stuff and it dropped off somewhat after that but there was still enough going on toJust watched the pilot. It's nasty, brutish and relatively short... and certainly strong enough to make me want to find more. There is a lot of violence and a lot of skankiness (don't watch this with your wife/girlfriend... if your unnerdy enough to have one). The opening ten minutes were very compelling stuff and it dropped off somewhat after that but there was still enough going on to make me want more. I loved the sets, the originality and (as uncomfortable as it made me) the unflinching brutality and portrayal of a misogynistic, misanthropic time and place. Sean Bean turns out to be a very fitting centrepiece to this and Emilia Clarke is, gosh, stunning. Expand
  6. May 8, 2012
    For me this is one of the best movie ever!! There You can find everything : fight, intrigue, amazing story, sex and mooore. I having not read this fantastic (guess) saga but I will do this in a week!!
  7. Jul 20, 2012
    Thrones is the fantasy epic to end all fantasy epics in my opinion. The world they'e created is so believable, as are the characters and their political wranglings that you'll be sucked into this universe for the duration of each episode. It's gritty, dark, brutally violent and very reminiscent of our own dark ages. That's why Thrones appeals to such a large target audience. Alhough it ISThrones is the fantasy epic to end all fantasy epics in my opinion. The world they'e created is so believable, as are the characters and their political wranglings that you'll be sucked into this universe for the duration of each episode. It's gritty, dark, brutally violent and very reminiscent of our own dark ages. That's why Thrones appeals to such a large target audience. Alhough it IS fantasy, dragons warlocks, zombies, etc, it doesn't bludgeon you with the nerdiness. My friend hates fantasy, Lord of The Rings drove him nuts, but he loves this as he says it's very realistic in terms of the ways things were. The action is awesome, the acting is perfect, the dialouge is spot on - just all-round brilliance really. If every TV series were like this we'd be laughing. Expand
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    This show is nothing less than a masterpiece. It follows the books quite well, deviating a little here and there for artistic sake, but nothing major I've noticed (though I bet some of you ASoIaF lovers will probably pick up some I missed). The acting on all fronts is superb, though I was most impressed by Peter Dinklage and the child actor playing Arya Stark, both of whom deserve someThis show is nothing less than a masterpiece. It follows the books quite well, deviating a little here and there for artistic sake, but nothing major I've noticed (though I bet some of you ASoIaF lovers will probably pick up some I missed). The acting on all fronts is superb, though I was most impressed by Peter Dinklage and the child actor playing Arya Stark, both of whom deserve some sort of award if they haven;t got one already.

This show is an alternate universe medieval type action/drama. It's set in a place called Westeros and revolves around the different leaders of the respective areas and outlying areas, and their religious beliefs and throne-hunger driving them to war. The show features supernatural elements as well, including magic and mythical creatures. It's very much everything you'd expect from an adult medieval drama, and a lot of things you wouldn't. It surprises, and astounds around every corner. The visuals and sets are beautiful, and the story is one you must experience to truly enjoy.
  9. Jun 3, 2013
    Both sex and violence in this show feel forced and over the top with clear intention to attract weirdos and horny teenagers which somehow (together with slow pacing and tone of fillers-probably the trouble with source material) decrease the overall artistic value of this otherwise ambitious and interesting series.
  10. Sep 16, 2013
    Magnificent. I never read the books, so the story was quite amazing to me, and the twists and turns caught me completely off guard. What is very great about the story is how fully realized the complex world is, and how the different plot lines intertwine together into one massive saga that surely still has much to offer in the coming seasons. I read that there are 7 novels in total. WillMagnificent. I never read the books, so the story was quite amazing to me, and the twists and turns caught me completely off guard. What is very great about the story is how fully realized the complex world is, and how the different plot lines intertwine together into one massive saga that surely still has much to offer in the coming seasons. I read that there are 7 novels in total. Will be exciting to see how they are played out. Another great thing about the story, is how it relates to many historical elements in medieval Europe. Yet the story feels original. Overall, it is a beautifully crafted TV show that is definitely worth checking out. Expand
  11. Oct 10, 2013
    The most entertaining, big budget, awesome book based fantasy you could wish for. As a person that read all aSoIaF books, this show does them justice.
  12. Mar 20, 2014
    I don't give this a 10 lightly: this is bar-none the best TV series I have ever seen in my life. So much so that I actually buy multiple DVDs to gift to family members just to support it. The atmosphere, the complex character relationships, and the sheer magnitude of the story just make this something to sink into. I haven't been able to "feel like I'm part of the universe" when watchingI don't give this a 10 lightly: this is bar-none the best TV series I have ever seen in my life. So much so that I actually buy multiple DVDs to gift to family members just to support it. The atmosphere, the complex character relationships, and the sheer magnitude of the story just make this something to sink into. I haven't been able to "feel like I'm part of the universe" when watching media since I was a teenager. This is one show that lets me do that. I turn off all external sensory items and just get absorbed into the piece, enjoying every minute. There's only two flaws so far: they couldn't dye the eyebrows blonde (you get used to it), and the first few episodes are very heavy for people who cannot handle far-arching stories and characters. This is the only show where when someone is in danger (and sometimes not even in danger) I feel the threat and cannot just assume everything will work out alright (looking at you serial shows where the main characters survive everything several seasons in). I sure hope media in general learns from GoT and this is not the only piece of such great caliber in my lifetime. Expand
  13. Apr 17, 2014
    This is the best thing on TV at the moment. It's not flawless, but I gave it a 10 because it is an absolute masterpiece. The cast is consistently excellent, working in harmony with the sharp writing. The action is definitely movie-level, but not too frequent to become boring. Everything aspect of this show is at the top of its game, and more. Game of Thrones is not just TV, it is anThis is the best thing on TV at the moment. It's not flawless, but I gave it a 10 because it is an absolute masterpiece. The cast is consistently excellent, working in harmony with the sharp writing. The action is definitely movie-level, but not too frequent to become boring. Everything aspect of this show is at the top of its game, and more. Game of Thrones is not just TV, it is an experience, and one work experiencing. I would recommend this to lovers of fantasy or just those who want a good tale. Expand
  14. Jul 1, 2014
    Pure perfection, best TV show ever. Highlights from the show:

Dothraki wedding
    Khal Drogo kills Mago
    Daenerys' dragons as she comes out of the funeral pyre
    Tyrion's trial by combat
  15. Oct 14, 2014
    With too many stories going around you do sometimes forgot who was who, specially their name, but every character is so witty and cunning becoming more interesting as the show proceeds. This is one show which I never want to see ending.
  16. Dec 16, 2014
    In my country there is the story that has identical story pattern. It called as "Cerita Pewayangan". When I watched this movie it's little bit makes me remember to that story -Cerita Pewayangan-. it has complex story which is the stories so impossible if they have been made by one person. So was game of throne, either. The storyline, character, acting style, the causality, and the takeIn my country there is the story that has identical story pattern. It called as "Cerita Pewayangan". When I watched this movie it's little bit makes me remember to that story -Cerita Pewayangan-. it has complex story which is the stories so impossible if they have been made by one person. So was game of throne, either. The storyline, character, acting style, the causality, and the take camera angle all it's great and perfect. There was no defected at all. Expand
  17. Sep 2, 2015
    Quand j'ai commencé la série, je n'ai pas vraiment accrochée, la saison 1 est la moins réussite, et il ne se passe pas grand chose. J'ai repris la série il y a peu, et au fur et à mesure que la série avance, cela devient de plus en plus passionnant, au point que j'ai regardé mes trois saisons de retard en 1 semaine. Je recommande vivement.
  18. Jan 21, 2016
    Temporada espetacular. Concisa, envolvente, e épica. Traduz brilhantemente o livro homônimo. Com um plot twist inesquecível, a temporada consegue ser complexa e ao mesmo tempo tragável.
  19. Feb 6, 2016
    Nadchodzi zima…

Na wstępie powiem, że najpierw przeczytałem książki. Dlatego też miałem ogromne wymagania co do całego serialu. I muszę przyznać, że nie mogę się doczekać, tego jak w kolejnych sezonach potoczy się akcja. Pierwszy sezon jest przykładem na to jak robi się filmy w klimatach średniowiecza. Kostiumy i prawdziwa scenografia ponad efekty specjalne sprawiają, że czuć
    Nadchodzi zima…

Pierwszy sezon jest przykładem na to jak robi się filmy w klimatach średniowiecza. Kostiumy i prawdziwa scenografia ponad efekty specjalne sprawiają, że czuć autentyczność miejsc oraz bohaterów. Do tego na prawdę świetna gra aktorów czyni ten sezon prawie idealnym. To co mi przeszkadzało to sceny sexu co dosłownie 10 minut. W książce ich tylu nie było, więc i w serialu wydają się być nie na miejscu w takich ilościach. Ale jak tu nie oglądać kobiecych piersi kiedy HBO jest producentem… ;)
    Polecam każdemu.
  20. May 10, 2016
    Simply amazing ! A clever tv show ! Actors/tress, characters, music, storyline : everything works perfectly ! The third season begins "slowly" (for this show) but I feel confident that I will not be disappointed.
  21. Jun 11, 2016
    Game of Thrones is amazing. I never had too much interest in the fantasy genre before this show, but honestly after watching the first five seasons, I can't wait until the sixth season comes out on Itunes or something. Game of Thrones is my dad's new favorite show, and I never recalled him being a fan of fantasy before. This show is a must watch for fantasy buffs, as well as more casualGame of Thrones is amazing. I never had too much interest in the fantasy genre before this show, but honestly after watching the first five seasons, I can't wait until the sixth season comes out on Itunes or something. Game of Thrones is my dad's new favorite show, and I never recalled him being a fan of fantasy before. This show is a must watch for fantasy buffs, as well as more casual viewers, as the story pulls you in and never lets go and the characters change and sometimes die. This show is a 10/10! Expand
  22. Jun 28, 2016
    BRILLIANT. A expertly adapted fantasy from an overcomplicated book. This is the one to beat and I doubt if any other fantasy TV series will ever come close. The books are superbly crafted by a genius author and the TV show has now taken a life of its own with well formulated plots condensing intricate book storylines.
  23. Jul 13, 2016
    Shot with attention to detail, HBO’s first season of Game of Thrones is a resounding success with its impeccable casting, inticrate plotting, well-rounded characters and exotic locations.
  24. Jul 19, 2016
    Game of thrones really is a tv show like no other, its violence doesn't overshadow the main story and the story doesn't overshadow the violence so with a great and dedicated cast Game of thrones in my opinion is the best tv show at the moment
  25. Jul 29, 2016
    A great show, with a great and interesting cast of characters and landscapes, that come together to make a brilliant story that keeps you on the edge of your seat. All this together make this a show that everyone should watch.
  26. Jul 30, 2016
    "Winter is coming." So says Eddard Stark, nobleman and ruler, father and husband, warrior and hand to the king. He says it with a sense of the inevitable, with grief and a heavy heart. And he says it with conviction, something that permeates every aspect of Game of Thrones.
  27. Aug 3, 2016
    I always heard a lot of people talk about this HBO special. I never cared for it, but then I was bored and watched the first episode. The first episode wasn't too exciting, but I weighed it for what is was, the first episode, the pilot, and continued watching on. I thought Ned Stark was noble, and the more I watched the series the more I was hooked on Ned Stark's nobility, but when theI always heard a lot of people talk about this HBO special. I never cared for it, but then I was bored and watched the first episode. The first episode wasn't too exciting, but I weighed it for what is was, the first episode, the pilot, and continued watching on. I thought Ned Stark was noble, and the more I watched the series the more I was hooked on Ned Stark's nobility, but when the series took a dark turn, I kept watching because I wanted to see the death Of Cersei and her cruel son. Then I quickly came to like Jon Snow and Tyrel Lannister, and so on. Now, season 1 and 6 has ended, I disappointed I don't have a conclusion yet. Expand
  28. Aug 8, 2016
    My favourite TV show ever. The show seems to start off slow, but there is actually so much going on which is relevant...I've heard people liken it to a soap opera. The difference is with a soap opera nothing has to be interconnected, this is a tale so interwoven with each other...Truly remarkable. George RR Martin has just made Tolkein´s work look like a Peter and Jane book.
  29. Sep 19, 2016
    This is the best show on TV I've seen. The character development is so professional, that you will scream your head off when the show surprises you over and over again with unpredictable twists and deaths. It is phenomenal!
  30. Oct 30, 2016
    As a fan of the book series, I was a huge fan of the first season of Game of Thrones as it closely followed the first book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin. The show is somewhat violent and contains material not suitable for young viewers, but is very exciting and engaging while exploring various paths individuals in the fictional land of Westeros use to persueAs a fan of the book series, I was a huge fan of the first season of Game of Thrones as it closely followed the first book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin. The show is somewhat violent and contains material not suitable for young viewers, but is very exciting and engaging while exploring various paths individuals in the fictional land of Westeros use to persue the throne, or become king.

The series is interesting because it feels like a historical documentary in that many of the actions, speech, dress, etc. remind users of Europe in the age of kings and queens. This helps engage users from the beginning as many viewers are already interested in either this historical time period or the fantasy realm of kings and queens. The series further explores possible actions and opinions of those in these time periods as well as consequences of actions, fantasy topics (magic, knights, kings and queens, dragons, etc.), and engages viewers in family history. I highly recommend the series, particularly the first season, to all viewers.

1. Reviewed by: Hal Boedeker
    Apr 25, 2011
    The epic fantasy series is lavish, violent and often quite nasty. Most crucially, this adaptation of George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" book series is unnecessarily difficult to follow.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Apr 18, 2011
    The gloriously bloody and depraved spirit of the novels is intact and even enhanced.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 18, 2011
    A grand soap opera of epic proportions, Game of Thrones can be a bit talky in some episodes, but the series draws a viewer in with well-defined characters and a multitude of simultaneous stories whose plot turns are generally unpredictable.