GCB : Season 1

• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 4, 2012
6.7

1. Mar 5, 2012
    Loving Kristin Chenoweth in this. its fabulous witty and I cant wait for the story lines to develop. Stellar A******************** Also will take over from Desperate Housewives as it is finishing.
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    I totally loved this show because it's tacky, over-the-top and just plain fun. Because I'm a Canadian, I guess I have a larger than life view of Texas and GCB just confirms it. Sure the show is full of stereotypes, but at least they're fun stereotypes and there's lots of room for genuine character development. It's not like a reality show ( Keeping Up with the Kardashians comes to mind)I totally loved this show because it's tacky, over-the-top and just plain fun. Because I'm a Canadian, I guess I have a larger than life view of Texas and GCB just confirms it. Sure the show is full of stereotypes, but at least they're fun stereotypes and there's lots of room for genuine character development. It's not like a reality show ( Keeping Up with the Kardashians comes to mind) where you keep hoping the characters will blossoms and they just continue to flatline. This show is cleverly written and well acted. I particularly liked Leslie Bibb, Annie Potts and Kristin Chenoweth in their respective roles. Keep it up girls...I'm definitely tuning in next week. Expand
  3. Apr 15, 2012
    if you can bring yourself to look past the mediocre premise of the series, what you will find isn't actually to bad. The writers seems to know what they are doing, largely given by the absence of awkward conversation, and the characters are either likeable or cringe-worthy. Theres something in this show for most viewers, whether it may be the humorous presence of Kristin Chenoweth, or theif you can bring yourself to look past the mediocre premise of the series, what you will find isn't actually to bad. The writers seems to know what they are doing, largely given by the absence of awkward conversation, and the characters are either likeable or cringe-worthy. Theres something in this show for most viewers, whether it may be the humorous presence of Kristin Chenoweth, or the various appealing angles of Leslie Bibb, GCB should at least finish the season, a second season may be a bit of a stretch though. Expand
  4. Mar 4, 2012
    I just got done watching this, and it was a really interesting episode. I loved the characters, especially Kristin Chenoweth's character, Charlene. And I love how it gives the Christian faith a bad side.
  5. Mar 8, 2012
    I adore this show. Yes, it's trashy but it has intelligent dialogue. Kudos to the writers! I look forward to watching many more episodes. :D:D:D:D:D
  6. Mar 20, 2012
    I think this show is hilarious. It reminds me of growing up in the rural Midwest. All towns of just a few thousand people are like this. Love me some GCB.
  7. Apr 7, 2012
    Having seen the first two episodes of GCB, I can say that is quite the enjoyable little show.

It certainly hasn't made the impression that Desperate Housewives did when it debuted back in 2004, but I'm sure that was never the creators' intentions. Instead it's an amusing and satirical look at the Christian lifestyle of the great state of Texas, and at the end of the day it makes me laugh, a lot.

Annie Potts and Kristin Chenoweth are the consistent MVPs, and Leslie Bibb makes a pleasant enough protagonist. Overall, the cast is pretty solid all round and the writing generally serves the characters well.

Looking forward to see the rest of the season.
  8. Jun 12, 2012
    "GCB" showed such promise. There were some brilliant moments, and this is one of the few shows that I shall miss, but remember with great fondness. The first few eps were great ... and after that, it felt like the show changed its focus and writing style, and became "safer." Maybe too many prudish-yet-powerful toes were being trodden on? Oh well...

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Mar 12, 2012
    It has none of Desperate Housewives' winking cuteness, none of Revenge's dagger-eyed, fire-breathing kick. [12 Mar 2012, p.43]
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Mar 5, 2012
    If GCB wants to soar to heavenly numbers, it better let the devil out to play.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Mar 5, 2012
    A potentially funny setup, if the women were not such oddly antiquated sendups.