George Harrison: Living in the Material World

• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 5, 2011
7.8

1. Oct 10, 2011
    This documentary takes its time, slowly revealing the character of this legendary man.. the footage is raw and personal.. much of it previously unreleased.. i consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Beatles fan, but after watching this, I have a fresh perspective on the band and especially GH songs.. The second half got really emotional for me.. i felt so in-tune with the man via theThis documentary takes its time, slowly revealing the character of this legendary man.. the footage is raw and personal.. much of it previously unreleased.. i consider myself a pretty knowledgeable Beatles fan, but after watching this, I have a fresh perspective on the band and especially GH songs.. The second half got really emotional for me.. i felt so in-tune with the man via the poignant interviews and footage.. he lived a big, inspiring life.. Expand
  2. Jul 11, 2012
    This is probably the most entertaining documentary I have ever watched, personally. I think anyone from the hard-core Beatles fans to the casual Beatles fans will appreciate the quality footage and interviews.

1. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Oct 17, 2011
    That Living in the Material World shines scant illuminating light on Harrison's story is all the more frustrating for its immense length.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Oct 7, 2011
    Living in the Material World falls short of Scorsese's terrific two-part PBS film, No Direction Home: Bob Dylan.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Oct 5, 2011
    Martin Scorsese's affectionate, exhaustive two-part HBO documentary George Harrison: Living in the Material World. Harrison's easily mocked mysticism has rarely seemed as sincere and hard-won as it does in Scorsese's respectful, 3 1/2-hour profile.