Getting On (2013) : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Nov 25, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.7

1. Nov 29, 2013
    Pretty mixed emotions about this new HBO series. I have seen only the pilot and I can certainly conclude from that episode that "Getting On" is very well written and generally excellently acted. The initial episode was biting in its portrayal of bureaucracy rampant. I will be following the development of this show with interest.

Now for the mixed emotions. I am about four months

Now for the mixed emotions. I am about four months from turning 80 and I do have to admit that the background of the show a near terminal ward in a major hospital strikes me just a little too close to home. I find that I can view the twilight of life with humor, keeping in perspective, so I'm just going to have to swallow these aspects of "Getting On" to be able to enjoy the overall intent of the show.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Flawlessly done, but a tough sell. [2 Dec 2013, p.50]
  2. Reviewed by: Bruce Miller
    Nov 25, 2013
    In a sea of formulaic comedies, this stands out as a lifeboat worth clinging to.
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Nov 25, 2013
    Getting On is for mature audiences only, with uncensored language and outrageous behavior all around. If you like comedy with more cringes than chuckles, Getting On could be for you.