Ghost Whisperer : Season 1

Apr 30, 2006
    Best Show on TV!!!
  2. TammyL
    May 6, 2006
    "Love" the show! And this week was outstanding!
  3. RandyA
    Mar 1, 2010
    Seriously.... no, seriously. I really mean it... what is the difference between Lifetime Channel schlock and this show? The predictable, sloppy, sentimental plot and lines in this show are made for the 'woman of the house'. Her agreeable hubby and 13 year old son enjoy for 2 other reasons. And THAT is where I came up with a score of '2'. Of COURSE she can't act... Seriously.... no, seriously. I really mean it... what is the difference between Lifetime Channel schlock and this show? The predictable, sloppy, sentimental plot and lines in this show are made for the 'woman of the house'. Her agreeable hubby and 13 year old son enjoy for 2 other reasons. And THAT is where I came up with a score of '2'. Of COURSE she can't act... but who cares? Just Tivo and cut to all the parts she's flouncing around in that low cut nightie and all is well. Expand
  4. AdrianW
    Dec 4, 2006
    Overall I give this show an 8. I was going to give a 10, but after thinking hard on the show production I decided to minus the 10 by 2... I read through all of your comments guys and girls, and some of your comments on JLH not having good boobs whatsoever is somewhat irrelevant. You should be the ones to get on with your lives! Beauty doesn't make the show great, the acting does. Overall I give this show an 8. I was going to give a 10, but after thinking hard on the show production I decided to minus the 10 by 2... I read through all of your comments guys and girls, and some of your comments on JLH not having good boobs whatsoever is somewhat irrelevant. You should be the ones to get on with your lives! Beauty doesn't make the show great, the acting does. Beauty is only men's eye-candy, and for those that "know how to spell their names" would take this for common sense. The criticisms I have for this show is same with some of yours though; each episodes are similar. But at least not all, but it does get quite boring quick enough. This show is aired at 10:30pm my time here, each Monday. A show that is aired at this time, it wouldn't be a total Horror/Thriller genre, which in other words it wouldn't be as scary as anyone would first imagine. I mean, sure I was expecting something more frightening but hey, I enjoy the show not because it is frightening, not because it thrills me but because everything is quite balanced out. If you compare this to some movies say, The Ring, I'd rather watch this because The Ring has a piece of **** storyline. Then again, the music and background effects aren't good enough, but JLH certainly played a good role in the show. I have a friend who can see the dead, and just comparing JLH's performances and my friend's attitude and personality I can tell JLH is really good at acting, though there is still room for improvements. She still doesn't stand out, too normal to be a spiritual person... Or whatever you call them, I just don't call them freaks because I believe they are gifted not cursed. Last advice: for those who are looking forward to getting total fright from watching this show, don't even bother criticizing this show, it's great although not awesome, and before you make comments you gotta look at the show from different points of views not just from the "Horror/Thriller" point of view or the "Beauty/Sexy" point of view... You know, a series that can worth 0 points would be something like "Coronation Street" (Aussie or Briton show, I can't be bothered to find out because it sux), and I don't think TGW deserves 0 marks. Expand
  5. GigiM
    Apr 4, 2006
    This show is very interesting. I love it. It's creepy but good.
  6. LindaS
    May 5, 2006
    I love this program! if CBS wants me to watch their station they need to make sure "Ghost Whisper" returns next season! Absolutely fantastic in all regards
  7. RoxanneL
    May 5, 2006
    Love the show. Didn't have to have her best friend die. I'm really upset! How unfair to the viewers.
  8. NancyB
    May 8, 2006
    Outstanding!!! I LOVE this show
  9. ColleenF
    Aug 27, 2006
    Love it ! Please bring it back!
  10. gilliant
    Sep 1, 2006
    it's very interesting. it shows a lot of viewpoints from different people. very touching.
  11. valeriaa
    i love it
  12. AndrewB
    Jan 2, 2007
    this show is a great show.
  13. klasdflaksdfj
    great
  14. LaToyaE.
    Great Show.
  15. AmandaF.
    Jun 10, 2007
    I love Ghost Whisperer and Jennifer Love Hewitt is an amazing actor not to mention one of my favorite actresses. Please don't cancel the show! I think it is one of the best shows on t.v. right now. I just recently bought the first season, and right when the second season comes out I'm running to the store to get it. There better be a third season! You can't just end it like I love Ghost Whisperer and Jennifer Love Hewitt is an amazing actor not to mention one of my favorite actresses. Please don't cancel the show! I think it is one of the best shows on t.v. right now. I just recently bought the first season, and right when the second season comes out I'm running to the store to get it. There better be a third season! You can't just end it like that. I'm dying to know what happens next. Expand
  16. LindaD.
    May 30, 2008
    My favorite show! Never missed an episode! I Love it!
  17. Nicholaswhatever
    Sep 23, 2008
    Ghost whisperer is an incredibly captivating show about the paranormal and supernatural. Naturally, Jennifer Love Hewitt's lack of real acting chops does hinder the shows credibility, I find myself engaged in the plot and storyline more than anything else.
  18. amandac
    Oct 10, 2005
    I think everyone is crazy! It's one of my favorites for this season. It's about time we get something alittle different then the typical reality shows. Personally, I'm sick of them!
  19. JamesH
    Oct 29, 2005
    I can hardly wait till Friday night. It's one of the best shows on TV now due to it's heart warming content and lack of junk other shows have. The acting is great and the plot is always very good.
  20. JackK
    Oct 6, 2005
    Okay, so it's not high drama . . . what is these days. But it's not a bad show and the bad rap Miss Hewitt carries seems more to petty jealousy than reality. She's not that bad an actress.
  21. GaryH
    Oct 7, 2005
    Accept the premise of "Ghost Whisperer" and enjoy it for what it is. It may be too early yet to see if a much deeper central plot develops. A quality production in my book.
  22. Andrew
    Oct 7, 2005
    This is a really great show! I wish more people would watch it! The 3rd episode was the best!...so far
  23. SLuker
    Oct 16, 2006
    Overly sentimental, pointless, mawkish, humourless, incredulous. Plotlines get more ridiculous the more the producers realise that theres only limited mileage in talking to dead people who need to find 'closure' to move to the 'other side'. Sub-plots are vacuous.
  24. noellec
    Dec 2, 2006
    Me and my daughter look foward to Friday nights to make are popcorn and sit and watch this amazing program !!!!! Are they moving "Ghost Whisper" to Sunday Nights ?
  25. AmandaL
    Oct 5, 2006
    as a believer in spirituallsum this series is as close to what one might think could or would happen
  26. KonniJo
    Oct 7, 2006
    I love this show! If people would watch it more, they'd agree. I miss Aisha (sp?) but I think Jennifer can carry it.
  27. chriss
    Feb 8, 2006
    The fact that the dog did not go to his reward is very upsetting. He was with the boys the whole time - why leave him behind. If he didn't have a soul he wouldn't have been there at all. Please fix this.
  28. Marian
    Apr 13, 2006
    Best show, am dissappointed when it's over, could continue to watch for another hour or two
  29. GeraldineB
    Apr 28, 2006
    What City is this show taking place? Wonderful characters and stories.
  30. TraceyR
    May 10, 2006
    Thoroughly enjoy the show
  31. jayl
    May 6, 2006
    love the show never miss it.
  32. JohnR
    May 6, 2006
    The show is emotional. The frequancy of the commercials, destroys the mood. The sponsors should have some consideration for such material.
  33. MARYANNW
    Jun 23, 2006
    ghost whisperer is the best new show next to Grey's annatomy
  34. karent
    Jul 14, 2006
    I love this show,i cant wait till fridays.:)
  35. danar
    Jul 9, 2006
    love, love, love this show. gentle but exciting. what a great combination.
  36. PeggyD
    Aug 31, 2006
    Love this show, great for the whole family. Not many on tv anyone that the whole family can watch.
  37. Les
    Aug 6, 2006
    Excellent show Please don't take off the air
  38. Wendy
    Sep 22, 2006
    Can't wait ubtil friday comes around, just to see the show.
  39. johnv
    Sep 30, 2006
    awsume!
  40. TrudyL
    Sep 5, 2006
    Thought this was a great family show. My daughter can't wait for this season. Please bring it back.
  41. KevinL.
    Nov 16, 2007
    The premise of the series is quite interesting, with a great potential, however, the show does not carry that. The corny writing along with effects that aren't convincing, Ghost Whisperer could not maintain a consistent quality to its plot. The show itself is boring and cheesy but you'd have to watch out on a lucky day where the show could potentially get better. It has good The premise of the series is quite interesting, with a great potential, however, the show does not carry that. The corny writing along with effects that aren't convincing, Ghost Whisperer could not maintain a consistent quality to its plot. The show itself is boring and cheesy but you'd have to watch out on a lucky day where the show could potentially get better. It has good episodes but most of it isn't so great. Expand
  42. BebeC
    Jan 5, 2007
    I like this show alot. But could someone please tell me who does the music for it! I just finished the show (the only one I have seen so far) tonight (Friday, Jan. 5th) and I loved the music someone please tell me more about it I cant find anything about the music anywhere.
  43. mandy.
    Feb 10, 2007
    awsomest show i always watch it.
  44. theresas
    Feb 7, 2007
    i love him for the way he is with dogsi think he greatin my eye.
  45. bernadettep
    Mar 13, 2007
    i like the showi it good i jenifer love heritt also , it a quitue show ans jsut but some more diferent tyepeof ghosts in it
  46. Bernard
    Mar 19, 2007
    Jennifer Love Hewitt is perfectly cast as Melinda Gordon. The scripts are inventful and corny but they work. Camryn Manheim's character is a great addition to the show. Let's hope it doesn't run out of steam.
  47. APerson
    Mar 2, 2007
    First season was great, but the second season's wheels have fallen off. Real pity the show drifted away from the format that was good in the 1st season.
  48. Tricia
    Apr 19, 2007
    The whole family watches it. Its entertaining enough for the adults and safe enough for the kids. I think the great shows always get cancelled because of overcritical "critics". The networks should pay attention to the REAL critics.... In case they've forgotten who that is, it would be US the VIEWERS!
  49. Faith
    May 13, 2007
    The show is great; the cliff hangers this season have got me hooked. I will be so disappointed if gets canceled. It's nice to have something else to watch other than reality TV.
  50. DeWayneB
    May 3, 2007
    One of the best TV shows on this season. I try never to miss an episode. It really upsets me when CBS chooses to air other stuff on this night.
  51. MikeH.
    Jun 16, 2007
    I don't get to watch it like I would like to, but I think it is very compelling TV!
  52. AmberC.
    Jun 29, 2007
    I love this show!!! Its my favorite show on CBS!!
  53. BeckahW.
    Feb 12, 2008
    I vote 10, I love this show (: I have all the seasons.
  54. FlavorCool-Fresh
    Jun 22, 2008
    Why does no one ever go to the bathroom on this show? The 'mega-bran muffin' episode never had any character relieve themselves? Ghosts have to go too, don't they?
  55. CarrieP
    Aug 1, 2008
    My favorite show. I watch it every Friday.
  56. Diego
    Mar 13, 2009
    Its so bad that it's good. Hense the 2. Between Hewitt's horrendous acting and the subtext of hearing the direction asking the audience to "Cry! CRY DAMN IT!!!" everyone should watch this show once. But ONLY once.
  57. RobinN
    Mar 20, 2009
    I love this show! Everything about this show has been done perfectly. I'd love to see more positive, steady characters that are African American, but I can live with it for now. Its a unique and fascinating show that lacks in any way.
  58. KelseyX
    Apr 9, 2009
    Overall, I like this show. I thought it was pretty lame when they killed her husband, and then really lame when he went into some other guy's body. But now, he's suddenly remembered who he is and he's back to being Jim again. So it seems like the past couple months' worth of episodes were pointless? I dunno...I thought they killed him because they were trying to get Overall, I like this show. I thought it was pretty lame when they killed her husband, and then really lame when he went into some other guy's body. But now, he's suddenly remembered who he is and he's back to being Jim again. So it seems like the past couple months' worth of episodes were pointless? I dunno...I thought they killed him because they were trying to get pregnant, but then the producers decided they didn't want her to have a baby. So now what? (Oh, but I really appreciated Rachael Leigh Cook guesting a while back. I love her!). Expand
  59. Patches
    May 4, 2009
    What is wrong with you people. I don't think you have really sat down and watched this show. Ghost Whisperer is one of my families all time favorite TV shows. We already watched and now own season one, two, and three. We are now in the process of watching season 4 on tv and will buy it when it comes out on dvd. I love lighting the candles, turning out the lights, and cuddling up on What is wrong with you people. I don't think you have really sat down and watched this show. Ghost Whisperer is one of my families all time favorite TV shows. We already watched and now own season one, two, and three. We are now in the process of watching season 4 on tv and will buy it when it comes out on dvd. I love lighting the candles, turning out the lights, and cuddling up on the couch with my kids to watch this all time fav. This is a great show for adults and kids alike. My youngest child has always been afraid of scary movies and the dark but she absolutly loves this show. I have other family members and friends now watching this show and they all love it as well. Jennifer Love Hewitt is a great actress and plays her parts very well. Sometimes I get so into the story lines it even makes us cry. But then they always bring us back the happiness of it all in future features. Expand
  60. DexterW
    Jan 2, 2010
    A surprisingly good combination of dealing with the paranormal world and an emotional love story.
  61. BrennanS.
    Nov 12, 2005
    Suspenseful and heart quickening, this show is scary, sad and suspenseful: the three s's every show needs! Thumbs UP!
  62. StefanieD
    Nov 13, 2005
    I really like this show as well. It's good spirited fun, and it is nice to have a show that is touching once in a while. This week's episode was good, but I hope it isn't a going trend. I rather have the show about helping people "cross over" than "possession".
  63. StevenC
    Oct 12, 2005
    A very good show. Jennifer Love Hewitt is a great actress and the show itself definitly grabs my attention.
  64. JimC
    Oct 13, 2005
    Not only is it corny to take "Ghost Whisper" from "Horse Whisperer", but this show is flat and too canned.
  65. EvelynL
    Oct 15, 2005
    This is the best and most emotional show on television.
  66. AriellaC
    Oct 15, 2005
    This show was just bad.
  67. carloss
    Oct 16, 2005
    this is the best show on TV I love it. I hope it stay's around for a long time. It is wonderful. And I am hard to please. But this show is wonderful. Please tell me why it is not going to be on next Friday the 21st. Pleast don't tell me it is not coming back. It will brake my heart.
  68. DonnaS
    Oct 17, 2005
    I like this show very much. It shows that your loved ones are watching over you and it does help for the times you are sad and that they love you and miss you. Please keep this show on
  69. KP
    Oct 18, 2005
    I enjoy shows that make you think, make you feel, make you laugh... and shows that surprise you. This show, while some may think the premise is absolutely silly, has heart. It's touching, and completely involves the viewer in the experience. Whether you believe in such "Ghost Whisperers", this show creates a world in which you can experience the "what if" from the perspective of the I enjoy shows that make you think, make you feel, make you laugh... and shows that surprise you. This show, while some may think the premise is absolutely silly, has heart. It's touching, and completely involves the viewer in the experience. Whether you believe in such "Ghost Whisperers", this show creates a world in which you can experience the "what if" from the perspective of the one experiencing it. I make a point to watch this show every week, and I highly recommend it. Expand
  70. GL
    Oct 21, 2005
    Ghost shows are cool and David Conrad is hot.
  71. MajedS
    Dec 16, 2005
    I love it... One of the best shows on TV
  72. McFly
    Oct 20, 2005
    Jennifer Love Hewitt is hot, show is not.
  73. SS
    Oct 28, 2005
    This show has hit home on many of the shows. love the show keep it on the air
  74. gene
    Oct 28, 2005
    Keep this show in....
  75. FEdison
    Dec 9, 2005
    I find it difficult to believe that anyone who can spell his or her own name would watch this steaming pile of crap. JLH does have some big boobies, though.
  76. RonaldV
    Oct 6, 2005
    I've seen both shows of this series. But the 2nd one seemed too long...perhaps GW should be a 30-minute show...pacing is too slow...And the show's competitors have too much of a head start...Outcome of this program is a question mark
  77. JohnU
    Oct 6, 2005
    Jennifer Love Hewitt is absolutely good in playing Melinda Gordon. She's a great actress and can really act. She's back with us remember she's the original teen/TV Queen trashing Sarah, Katie and other girls on TV. She's definitely great. The show I know will stay there for long.!
  78. GreagD
    Jan 10, 2006
    I have no idea why this show has been getting such slack. In all truthfull ness I'm not a big Hewitt fan but you know what, I love this show. It's made me a fan. If you watch I'd say 1 or 2 episodes I don't see how you can't get hooked on it. It's great. Hope it lasts a long time.
  79. DanD
    Jan 28, 2006
    I really like the cast here - I think there is good chemistry. I like the teasers for what I hope are future episodes (like the dark ghost in the shop - whom I hope Mellissa's mother knows about)
  80. PJ
    Jan 3, 2006
    Awful. Can this be legal?
  81. BD
    Oct 6, 2006
    Horrid.
  82. JeffC
    Apr 21, 2006
    This show is surprisingly well done. J. Love is a darn good acrtress, and her support is well cast. The writing has been very good. If they can keep on writing good shows, this one's just going to keep going up the charts for a while, I'd guess. It's that good.
  83. valeriaa
    Apr 27, 2006
    i love it
  84. LonnaS
    Apr 29, 2006
    omg! this is the bestest show ever!
  85. ShelleyM
    May 12, 2006
    I love the show! I look forward to Friday nights to see it. I don't have too many favorite shows but this is my favorite. It is such break from all the same old shows.
  86. KevR
    May 15, 2006
    Absolute tripe. You might wanna catch it if you lke seeing Hewitt in a nightgown though. Other than that, stay away, every episode is almost the same. The plot is ridiculous. Lame in every sense.
  87. sandyd
    May 16, 2006
    i love the show. it is the best!!!!!!
  88. DanielleD
    May 23, 2006
    I love that show. Please, please,please, bring it back
  89. HannahB
    May 26, 2006
    One of the best shows on tv. Keep it on! It's different from most other shows because it is not hospital, law or police related.
  90. RonS
    May 6, 2006
    Wonderful Show with believable acting. The So-Called Critics once upon a time said that Married with Children would not last either and it was stupid......Well....that "stupid" show lasted 10 years! Lets listen to the average person and not some "stupid" critic who probably lives in a penthouse.
  91. jayl
    May 6, 2006
    love the show never miss it.
  92. KarlaM
    May 6, 2006
    As far as dramas' went next to CSI I think it was second to none.
  93. SteveM
    May 7, 2006
    I read some of the negative comments from the critics, Are they watching the same show as I am. I find Ghost Whisperes a very entertaining show. Of course it strays from reality, If I want to watch reality I will watch the news, I want o be entertained and Ghost Whsperers does that quite well. Wake up you idiot brain critics, for once try to get your thumb on the pulse of the television viewers
  94. shere
    Jul 20, 2006
    my whole family loves this show!
  95. GinaL
    Aug 2, 2006
    I love the show so much can't wait till the Season 1 realese of the Dvd and i can't wait till the season 2.
  96. cbby
    Aug 22, 2006
    One of the worst TV shows ever. Should at least be on the Sci-Fi network instead of NBC or ABC. Just a very freaky show about a lady who can talk, and it just gets weirder and weirder every episode.
  97. Ray
    Sep 15, 2006
    Quite frankly the Sep 15 2006 episode is very best television show I have ever seen. This one hour show made the big screen mega-bucks movies pale in comparison. Pitt, Clooney, Cruise, Lohan, Duff, eat your hearts out. The cast on this show makes you look all like amatuers........
  98. DonnaH
    Sep 26, 2006
    This is one of the best series I have seen in a long time.
  99. JohnH
    Sep 29, 2006
    I think the show is very refreshing, it nice to see good programing keep up the good work
  100. IgnazioF.
    Nov 8, 2007
    I gave it a 9 because the show does have some flaws with the death-live scenario, but as I've always said. If a show can make cry, it's a good one.

At times during ''Ghost Whisperer," the sentiment is so thick you might want to go away from the light -- the light from the TV set, that is.
    What is special about "Ghost Whisperer" is the way it gets everything else right -- casting, acting, writing, directing, pacing, music, you name it.
    Pretty pointless.