• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 15, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
6.1

1. Jan 14, 2013
    There's lots of hate towards Girls and I can clearly understand why since they're all about "relativity" issues. Much like season 1, season 2 is fun, clever and entertaining in it's own way. It's creative and original. This show is not for everyone, but if you're into it you'll love it.
  2. Jan 21, 2013
    Girls is a uniquely realistic portrayal of life for young people in today's America of permanent recession and constant electronic communication. The characters all engage in self-destructive behavior, just like young people do in reality, but the writing is humorous enough to make it entertaining.
  3. Feb 17, 2013
    While the characters sometimes seem to drown in their own self-indulgence, the superb writing along with the stellar setting and cinematography greatly overshadow the show's flaws.
  4. Jul 10, 2013
    Season 2 of Girls is incredible. More poignant than the first season, but not without losing its humor and wit. It is truly a shame that the episodes are not a full hour; there is so much more I wish were explored. 9.7/10
  5. Mar 20, 2013
    People will complain the characters have no redeeming qualities, or Lena Dunham being nude is totally gross or what have you, but here's a newsflash: That's the point. Lena Dunham isn't gross, but she's not your hot brunette bombshell either, she's fine the way she is, and that's that. Season 1 was the start of a journey. It was very modern, and cool, very good debut season for a show thatPeople will complain the characters have no redeeming qualities, or Lena Dunham being nude is totally gross or what have you, but here's a newsflash: That's the point. Lena Dunham isn't gross, but she's not your hot brunette bombshell either, she's fine the way she is, and that's that. Season 1 was the start of a journey. It was very modern, and cool, very good debut season for a show that was bound to be controversial, even if it is on HBO. Season 2 made me feel like I was in one big short film. And I attribute that to two things: Bigger episode budgets, and even better writing. We can sit here and praise the actors and actresses all day, but lets be honest, we all KNOW they do more than an amazing job at what Lena Dunham writes. The real beauty, in my opinion, about Season 2, was the progression in the story. The story had so much passion to come along with it. Season 3 will, without a doubt, be even more beautiful. Season 3 is scheduled for 12 episodes, instead of 10 for Season 2. Big improvements coming from HBO's side to allow Lena Dunham and crew really nail Season 3 and make it one of the greatest pieces of art to ever enter our TV screens. The best part about this show? This is actually the struggle of Girls around the world. Lena Dunham is clearly the voice of this new generation. Her message gets across and is very well responded. Those who give it negative reviews, and/or bash it consistently don't get it. And obviously never will, unless they get a girlfriend who likes this show. (If that's possible). Expand
  6. Jan 29, 2013
    Dear Lena Dunham: I loved your show from the word go. When I realized that Hannah was shown naked more than her more attractive friends, I said, aha, this is so very refreshing, the product of an astute and confident creator. The setting and banter may be contemporary, but the situations are timeless. Or timeless back to the late '60s. I was living that life back then, right out ofDear Lena Dunham: I loved your show from the word go. When I realized that Hannah was shown naked more than her more attractive friends, I said, aha, this is so very refreshing, the product of an astute and confident creator. The setting and banter may be contemporary, but the situations are timeless. Or timeless back to the late '60s. I was living that life back then, right out of college and before I grew up. When I watch "Girls", I get to sort of relive that heady, dramatic, stupid, **** up time of my life. This is the best show on tv. Expand
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    The season 2 of Girls isn't obvious. If you have been following the episodes as they aired it's time to re-watch it and consider the total of 10 installments. Otherwise, the timelines get messed up. I loved the downfall of Lena Dunham's character, I loved how complicated Adam is. All these experiences are a part of growing up and actually it's amazing that the show talks aboutThe season 2 of Girls isn't obvious. If you have been following the episodes as they aired it's time to re-watch it and consider the total of 10 installments. Otherwise, the timelines get messed up. I loved the downfall of Lena Dunham's character, I loved how complicated Adam is. All these experiences are a part of growing up and actually it's amazing that the show talks about twentysomethings but so many thirtysomethings experience similar levels of absurd and messiness in their everyday lives. Quite hard to be a grown-up these days... Expand

1. Reviewed by: Jace Lacob
    May 30, 2013
    The hotly anticipated second season of Girls, which returns to HBO on Sunday, builds on the strengths of its stellar first season and captures the quicksilver magic of Dunham at her best, with the first four episodes supplying a mighty kick to the heart.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Long
    Feb 1, 2013
    Girls continues to delight and provoke in a way too few shows can.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto