• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 19, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
6.7

1. Oct 13, 2010
    Although the cheerleader coach is hilarious, most of the show is obnoxious. They are all good singers, but they just redo already famous songs, so there isn't much originality. So many people I know love the show, but if I want to hear songs I love, I usually just go to the artist that sang it first to hear it.
  2. Oct 19, 2010
    I honestly don't understand why people like this show. It never piqued my interest at all...maybe it's because i'm not a whiny fourteen year old girl.
  3. Oct 27, 2010
    My sister makes me watch this show every week and every time I wonder why people like this sort of crap. The only good thing about it is their version of journey. god help the sados who watch it
  4. Dec 19, 2010
    I defer all my criticism to gleesucks.com. They've already said what I want to about this show, and in a much funnier way than I probably would have.
  5. Jan 1, 2011
    I used to love this show, season one was so great to watch, it had its weaker moments but overall it was spot on - the characters were interesting and behaved in an original way that was still somehow connected to the real world the rest of us live in. The songs had everything to do with the plots which weren`t just there, they also made sense. Now in season two Ryan Murphy seems to haveI used to love this show, season one was so great to watch, it had its weaker moments but overall it was spot on - the characters were interesting and behaved in an original way that was still somehow connected to the real world the rest of us live in. The songs had everything to do with the plots which weren`t just there, they also made sense. Now in season two Ryan Murphy seems to have run out of ideas, the show has become a shadow of its former self. The plots are basically non-existent, and the show uses its weak storylines as an excuse to perform any number of songs totally irrelevant to the characters and their development. I actually wanted to switch of most of the episodes while watching them - with one or two notable exceptions (The Rocky Horror Glee Show because it was a hat-tip to a classic and as that it was well done and the Gwyneth Paltrow episode because of Gwyneth Paltrow). Still, I am so disappointed with this shows development, even though I would gladly have given season 1 a ten, I 'll go for the big zero here. Expand
  6. Mar 2, 2011
    I tried to watch the episode after the Super Bowl and even the actual Thriller dance was a bore. I really thought I was going to be able to pay attention to the episode especially since it was working up to the big halftime dance but who cares about these idiots and their problems. And the dance wasn't even that good. I much rather watch inmates at a prison in Korea.
  7. Mar 27, 2011
    Glee season 2 did not sustain the interest people had in it during the 1st season. This season does not have direction in its storylines, nor does it have valid points in their arguments. It's quite obvious that the writers are running out of ideas, and if they ever had one, it was quite silly and childish. The songs have become more "unoriginal". They have chosen bad songs and made thoseGlee season 2 did not sustain the interest people had in it during the 1st season. This season does not have direction in its storylines, nor does it have valid points in their arguments. It's quite obvious that the writers are running out of ideas, and if they ever had one, it was quite silly and childish. The songs have become more "unoriginal". They have chosen bad songs and made those bad songs worse... I have yet to hear a song this season which I love as an original and loved their remake as well...You would say: I love the original WAAAAY better than this BS. Glee has lost its touch. It used to incorporate songs wonderfully into their story... but this season, the songs are just mainly songs, chosen to "at least" link the story to the character, which in most cases, fails.
    Sue Sylvester is one example of a character who is not a character, but an unexplainable concept. One episode she's protecting students from bullying, but in most episodes, she is a bully. The question is, even if the people in that show are make-believe, do the writers want its viewers to hate people like Sue (there are no such characters such as sue sylvester) or just hate a concept like Sue Sylvester, so in essence, hate their writing?
    I would not be surprised if people get tired of watching glee, because I got tired of it after the 1st episode of the 2nd season. My sister asks me: what's on TV? It takes us both some time to remember there is such a show such as glee, and we only watch it in the hope it makes up for its bad episodes...but it never comes. Glee isn't a memorable show anymore. You would hate it for several reasons now, and by the way things are going, you would hate it more after several more episodes, the hate would just keep on piling, and then there will come a time you would forget the reasons why you watched it in the first place.
  8. BKM
    Oct 26, 2010
    I still haven't figured out the appeal of this show. To me it is painfully superficial and quite frequently mean-spirited in its humor (which does not automatically make it sarcastic or witty) and each hour feels interminable. The show also seems to be straining to show everyone how cool it is. As for the music, it is generally good, but the song selections never wander very far fromI still haven't figured out the appeal of this show. To me it is painfully superficial and quite frequently mean-spirited in its humor (which does not automatically make it sarcastic or witty) and each hour feels interminable. The show also seems to be straining to show everyone how cool it is. As for the music, it is generally good, but the song selections never wander very far from the mainstream. It ultimately feels like the worst aspects of high school rehashed for a weekly tv series. Nothing less, nothing more. Expand
  9. May 24, 2011
    This show has become possibly the worst show on TV. The show is obnoxious and not funny whatsoever. The singing has gotten boring, I loved the first season, but the second season was horrible.
  10. Jul 15, 2011
    I am absolutely fine with homosexuality, but this show tries too hard to change people and the way that they think. Fox should cancel this while they still have the chance.
  11. Jul 25, 2011
    In the beginning I liked this show a lot, but it has definitely gone downhill. The show pretends to address many important social issues, but employs more stereotypes than most current TV shows, which results in lack of character development for most of the supporting cast. Many of the musical numbers are becoming stale, with the exception of those done by Darren Criss. Another bigIn the beginning I liked this show a lot, but it has definitely gone downhill. The show pretends to address many important social issues, but employs more stereotypes than most current TV shows, which results in lack of character development for most of the supporting cast. Many of the musical numbers are becoming stale, with the exception of those done by Darren Criss. Another big weakness is the excessive screentime that they give to the two lead characters Rachel and Finn who lack any kind of charisma. Many of the supporting characters are far more interesting. Expand
  12. Nov 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It wasn't funny, just teenage drama. Glee lost its essence and choose go deeper into the bullying situation. Santana and Brittany lesbians? That doesn't make any sense. New characters? All of them unnecessary and no charisma. Rachel, my favorite one, got boring. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Oct 26, 2010
    It has become a powerful, promotional machine, long on hype and short on the human feeling--the glee--that once made it so addictive.
  2. Reviewed by: Heather Havrilesky
    Oct 22, 2010
    Has there ever been a TV show that's at once more delightful and cringe-inducing at the exact same time than Glee? Ever since it returned for its second season, this off-kilter dramedy has been nailing its high notes while still flaunting its many flaws with even more bravado than before.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 21, 2010
    In its second season, the high school musical comedy occasionally flies off the rails...But maybe that's to be expected from this aggressively inventive pop fantasy, where mundane details like homework never matter. [1 Nov 2010, p.41]