• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 19, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.6

1. Jun 5, 2012
    A show that easily could be surpassed by a disney drama, glee just seems to have the same audience as Twilight and Avatar. The show is terribly over-rated, and in my opinion, it's only liked due to it's gay nature and pathetically remixed songs. The problems presented in the show are so un-real and impossibly stupid that anyone with a brain would understand how pathetic glee truely is. TheA show that easily could be surpassed by a disney drama, glee just seems to have the same audience as Twilight and Avatar. The show is terribly over-rated, and in my opinion, it's only liked due to it's gay nature and pathetically remixed songs. The problems presented in the show are so un-real and impossibly stupid that anyone with a brain would understand how pathetic glee truely is. The show's recycled storylines, crappy musical numbers, and song-ripoffs that sound exactly the same every time, ruin it's potential to be a truly entertaining show. If there ever was a potential to begin with. Expand
  2. Jan 5, 2012
    Glee started as out as a fairly harmless musical style drama sitcom with decent characters, but later evolved into one of the most laughably predictable and annoying shows on television.
  3. Jun 22, 2013
    Very highly overrated, this show is highly unrealistic, incorrectly depicting any high-school around the world. The repetition of story lines, autotune of songs, and bland plot does not captivate me any bit.
  4. Aug 27, 2011
    There are two kinds of people in this world: those who get Glee and those who don't. I must admit I fall under the second category; I believe it to be the most overrated show of all time.
  5. Jul 3, 2011
    One of the most over-rated, horribly produced, horribly acted shows on television. The show constantly advertises and brags about its "fresh, optimistic horizon" yet every character seems like a carbon copy of a character from "High School Musical" and are always living dark, sad lives. The target audience is clearly young girls who are looking for the next big thing and are only watchingOne of the most over-rated, horribly produced, horribly acted shows on television. The show constantly advertises and brags about its "fresh, optimistic horizon" yet every character seems like a carbon copy of a character from "High School Musical" and are always living dark, sad lives. The target audience is clearly young girls who are looking for the next big thing and are only watching to hear the talentless cast butcher their favorite songs. The show wrongfully calls itself a comedy and any humor attempt is made using the same character(s), which quickly leads to jumping the shark and a quick spiraling drop in quality. I never thought I would say this, but I would much rather watch Desperate Housewives than this show when given the chance. This show is obviously a vehicle for its stars and now that it's done it's job, it should end. Television is still live and well, and this show should not be the one to kill it. Expand
  6. Sep 22, 2010
    For God's sake QUIT YELLING AT ME! I can't stand bad singing, I really can't stand bad fake singing. I can't believe that I watched this show and that it gets the positive reviews, must be the lemming thing...
  7. Feb 16, 2011
    Glee has got to be the most overrated show of all time. Glee has been successful both in popularity and critically which makes no sense to me. The plot is generic, the characters are whiny and ambivalent and lastly it is not funny at all. I have no idea how the critics approved of a show that was aimed at 13 year old girls.
  8. Kate
    Jan 7, 2010
    Pathetic, weak and bland. Has anyone else noticed that most of the characters can't say anything optimistic, even though that's what the show brags about.? Whiney and predictable. Rachel is horrible. Will is even worse. The only good character is Puck, coz he takes action, instead of just telling everyone how unfair people are to him. I would guess that the most common adjective Pathetic, weak and bland. Has anyone else noticed that most of the characters can't say anything optimistic, even though that's what the show brags about.? Whiney and predictable. Rachel is horrible. Will is even worse. The only good character is Puck, coz he takes action, instead of just telling everyone how unfair people are to him. I would guess that the most common adjective on this show is 'fair'- "I didn't get the lead part, it's not fair", "You cut Glee clubs budget, it's not fair". And the stuttering girl? Yeah right. Expand
  9. KellyW.
    Nov 11, 2009
    This show is totally absurd. Terri? Absurd. Jane Lynch's character? Absurd. The girl who's pregnant to a guy she's never slept with (but he somehow thinks he did it) and is planning on no telling her parents and delivering the baby and handing it over to Terri... oh and did I mention she found out the sex of the baby at 6 WEEKS?! ABSURD. This show is all over the place and This show is totally absurd. Terri? Absurd. Jane Lynch's character? Absurd. The girl who's pregnant to a guy she's never slept with (but he somehow thinks he did it) and is planning on no telling her parents and delivering the baby and handing it over to Terri... oh and did I mention she found out the sex of the baby at 6 WEEKS?! ABSURD. This show is all over the place and it's just no good. Expand
  10. Oct 15, 2010
    Here is a show that just doesn't take itself seriously. I mean I don't understand why it's so popular. The concept is frayed and childish. The series tries to tackle issues as serious as the TV spin-off of Fame which flunked. Glee isn't a show I want to watch but I will admit they did do a good job of "Don't Stop Believing" and Jane Lynch is about the best thing in it. Overall, I think itHere is a show that just doesn't take itself seriously. I mean I don't understand why it's so popular. The concept is frayed and childish. The series tries to tackle issues as serious as the TV spin-off of Fame which flunked. Glee isn't a show I want to watch but I will admit they did do a good job of "Don't Stop Believing" and Jane Lynch is about the best thing in it. Overall, I think it plays out like an over-hyped music video that goes on longer than it should. Expand
  11. DouglasD.
    Oct 9, 2009
    It has touches of something new, but then the writers fall into their own little worlds and forget that families are probably watching. The concept seemed family-friendly but the sexual references were too much. So sad. So much potential.
  12. Mar 24, 2011
    Dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb show. I can't believe these crappy shows on tv today. Jersey Shore, and this crap, what the f**k is going on here. There should be more shows like Jackass, Viva La Bam, and Rob & Big. Those types of shows are greater than this piece of travesty.
  13. May 7, 2011
    This is one of the worst shows on television, it turns good songs into **** and the acting is just soo horrible! If seen better acting in a SyFy channel original film! And that acting is bad! I can't wait for this show to get cancelled!
  14. Dec 14, 2013
    I am a lover of pop music, and how can a lover of pop music like a series which destroys it? I can't accept to hear people say "the glee version is better". What? No, no and again no. The copy is never better than the original. If they want to sing their own songs (for example i know that Lea Michele is making an album) it's ok but don't touch pop culture.
  15. MitchellB.
    Sep 24, 2009
    After watching the pilot, this was even more disappointing. Just a heads-up: No modern school is like this anywhere! Bullies nowadays do not physically hurt people but are just insufferably stupid. Another observation is that the lead singers are both good-looking and have very generic voices. Overall, this show is flawed in too many ways.
  16. Oct 26, 2010
    Glee is awful. The story telling is atrocious. I wanted to like this show, based on a strong pilot. But it quickly went into the toilet. I'd rather watch paint dry.
  17. CB
    Oct 9, 2009
    Stereotypes are really offensive. Music is boring. What age group likes this stuff? 10 yr old American Idol wannabes.
  18. MasJ
    Sep 10, 2009
    Meh, for something with so much pre-debut buzz the first episode seemed kind of uninspired.
  19. Ranel
    Nov 1, 2009
    Not funny, the humor is lame. And my biggest pet peeve: they keep ruining good songs like "Don't Stop Believing", "No Air", and "Gold Digger". For that this show gets a 2, I know a lot of people like their cover songs, but their cover songs are horrible. I don't hate music covers, some have been good for me, but those on this show are just weak.
  20. Dec 28, 2010
    I understand my friends love this so much. The show is superficial in its storyline. I like to see more of Will and Sue story because it's the only real story. Those teenage drama is so fake. This show is like every crappy teenage shows about unrealistic love and ridiculous **** fights, so the producers think that having cover songs will save it. Even cover songs didn't save it. The coverI understand my friends love this so much. The show is superficial in its storyline. I like to see more of Will and Sue story because it's the only real story. Those teenage drama is so fake. This show is like every crappy teenage shows about unrealistic love and ridiculous **** fights, so the producers think that having cover songs will save it. Even cover songs didn't save it. The cover songs are so Auto-Tuned and bland without any emotion. It don't deserve any nominations. Overhyped show targeted for teens! Expand
  21. Jul 5, 2011
    I watched the first episode and I thought this show was going to be good. I was wrong. Everything about this show is just wrong. It is one of the most overrated shows in history
  22. Oct 3, 2011
    I barf all over the show that is Glee. It is a shame on the definition of the word. It used to be fantastic in its simplistic roots, however it is now becoming the tragedy of a Broadway over-production that all the naysayers warned us about. The realism that captured audiences in the beginning now flails in between full-fledged musical, and stereotypes to the extreme. If Lynch can't saveI barf all over the show that is Glee. It is a shame on the definition of the word. It used to be fantastic in its simplistic roots, however it is now becoming the tragedy of a Broadway over-production that all the naysayers warned us about. The realism that captured audiences in the beginning now flails in between full-fledged musical, and stereotypes to the extreme. If Lynch can't save it, no one can. Expand
  23. Nov 20, 2014
    It was a good show at the beginning, when it was about music and a high school glee club. Then they started pushing deviancies as a "new normal". The point when I turned it off was a scene with the two cheerleaders Santana and Quinn in bed together, just finished with their horizontal hula, and Quinn says something to the effect of, "hurray for experimenting!" So, despite the politicallyIt was a good show at the beginning, when it was about music and a high school glee club. Then they started pushing deviancies as a "new normal". The point when I turned it off was a scene with the two cheerleaders Santana and Quinn in bed together, just finished with their horizontal hula, and Quinn says something to the effect of, "hurray for experimenting!" So, despite the politically correct propaganda that deviants are "born that way", it seems that it is truly a lifestyle choice. Expand
  24. Feb 27, 2013
    Your enjoyment of Glee will very much depend on whether or not you are a fan of chart pop music. I won't go on a rant about the issues I have with a great deal of current popular artists but suffice much of this music is overproduced to the point where it could be anyone singing.

Looking beyond the music the only real appeal I could find was another terrific performance from Jane Lynch, as the angry PE teacher Sue Sylvester, who had a number of very funny one-liners. The rest of the time is filled with rather average drama that can't even be compared to the best that television has to offer at present. This is one for people in their early teens really.
  25. Jan 9, 2012
    You know how I call this program? A good music exterminator. How could they f*** up such good songs like that?? Under Pressure is one great song that Glee destroyed transforming it into a piece of garbage. What's wrong with you guys?? The program isn't terrible, but a 3/10 is a fair score for such bad musics and bad program...

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    The high school musical comedy occasionally flies off the rails. But maybe that's to be expected from this aggressively inventive pop fantasy. [1 Nov 2010, p.41]
    Will this strange combination of starry-eyed optimism and manicured irony eventually combust? Possibly. But until then, there's a lot to like about this weird and frequently winning hybrid.
  3. Even with its problems--we'll get to those presently--it's one of the best shows of the fall season.