• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 8, 2012
  • Season #: 1
7.8

1. Sep 29, 2012
    Very relaxing, charming and funny TV show. Matthew Perry is extremely charismatic, as always. Life, but perfectly matched situation always keep your mouth smile. Definitely one of the best new comedy shows lately.
  2. Aug 10, 2012
    First off: I am NOT a Matthew Perry fan. I find him to be 2-dimensional and, well, a cardboard cutout of himself in everything he appears in.

Except this.

I've only watched the first ep, but it was enough to get me to write this review. Also, I am not a sports fan, in any way at all, so the idea of watching Matthew Perry play a sportscaster didn't fill me with a warm enthusiasm.
    But I'll be watching again. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2012
    I find this show very light and funny. Matthew Perry is great comic. He makes me smile every time I see and hear him. It`s difficult to combine drama and comedy in one show, but Matthew Perry does it very well.So I think it must go on:)
  4. Oct 4, 2012
    Best new comedy series of the season. I had given up hope on this year's new comedies after suffering through The New Normal, Partners, Ben and Kate and th not-totally-insufferable The Mindy Project. But then I discovered this, and what a revelation it is. Fresh, funny, empathetic, goofy (but not in an irritating way like Ben and Kate), Go On definitely has the potential to be a great show. It hasn't quite got there yet, but it's well on its way. Expand
  5. Aug 27, 2012
    I would expect "Go On" to have a good start, since Matthew Perry, like the rest of his "Friends" castmates, brings his own fanbase to the...table.
    I found it slightly above average and a bit uneven. It's got some promising stuff and characters in there, but they'll have to work on it to make it a good show.
    I still find it problematic to use group psychotherapy as material for sitcom
    jokes. Making the participants of a group sessions do silly stuff may not at all be helpful for them opening up.
    But still, the sessions are not as terrible as in "Anger Management".
    So I'd say give the show a try, even If you're not a Matthew Perry fan.
  6. Sep 11, 2012
    I had low expectations for this show since Matthew Perry didn't do particularly well in shows post-Friends. However, I was delightfully surprised when I saw Go On. It has an appealing concept with crazy supporting characters that will likely have fun ways to continue to make me laugh. This shows promise if they keep up the writing.
  7. Sep 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. The premise of the series feels very odd and, frankly, I'm not very optimistic about its longevity. The performances are all across the board decent-albeit Perry's performance is somewhat over the top. As for the actual story, I did enjoy some aspects of the show like "the sad contest story". All in all, I find it wathcable enough to give it some more time to prove its potential ( if there is any!) Collapse
  8. Sep 28, 2012
    Of all the stuff that Mr. Perry has done since Friends this is probably the most promising. Unfortunately, that's not saying much. While Perry's sarcastic wit is allowed to shine in this series the supporting cast adds almost nothing.
  9. Jan 4, 2013
    The first episode shows the intent of this comedy: to mix 3rd rate drama with 3rd rate comedy. Ugh. Matthew Perry is saddled with this crap, when what he needs is good writing. Solution? Disband the Hollywood Writers' Guild, home of mediocrity.
  10. Nov 7, 2012
    This show is very watchable. Not going to say it is the best show on television. Some characters work and some don't. The crazy guy doing the Zach Galifiankis impression is broken and should have been played by someone who can make it work. I still enjoy each episode even if it isn't very funny because it is all very light and likable. The dead wife ghost as a recurring character is kinda dumb. It was interesting for an episode but she shouldn't be a regular character. Overall it looks to be one of the few shows I am keeping on the DVR recording. Expand
  11. Apr 3, 2013
    Was happy to see Matthew Perry again, but the beginning of the season I wasn't sure how this show would move forward. As the season has gone along, I found it to be more entertaining. Love that they incorporated his wife's passing with an all to frequent occurrence of the tragedy of texting while driving. It's a pandemic that needs to be spotlighted. We need to be sensitized to the collateral damage of such. The characters have grown and are finding their own. Glad to see Cho being utilized finally. Hope to see more of him. The show is worthy of 30 minutes, very entertaining and thought provoking for all, especially those who have experienced recent loss. It's very relatable. Looking forward to more depth and humor from the cast. A keeper. Expand
  12. Dec 7, 2012
    Honestly a great show i've been waiting for IN YEARS, i'm tired of those ugerly fake, not funny at all, boring sitcoms like "Two Broke Girls" or "Suburgatory" , seriously, how can people give negative reviews !
  13. Aug 30, 2012
    I think Matthew Perry has grown a lot since Chandler and I think is about time people see it. I think for a pilot it really shows a promising line in the plot that will follow, with a good cast and a great performance by Perry himself.
  14. Sep 10, 2012
    Solid Start, I gave it a 8 because I believe Go On can mature into a great Comedy/Drama. I love the fact Matthew Perry is doing something different. I look forward to the rest of the season!
  15. Nov 3, 2012
    Love this show! The show is funny, deep at the same time and it just makes you smile. Matthew Perry's humour is great! He and the whole cast make me laugh every time> One of the best comedy shows in tv.
  16. Feb 9, 2013
    it is a really wonderful show, which combines the difficulty some people face in the society over the loss of someone and the connection we all have when we are confined in a room and share our feelings. i just wish they increase more stars. i heard courtney cox would be a guest and i think its awesome
  17. May 2, 2013
    This ended up being a much stronger show than I first expected. I _just_ finished watching the first season, after it almost lost me around midway. The finale didn't end on a strong zinger, but overall a strong finish.

When the writing is on, Perry's delivery is perfect. The highlight of the show. Most of the other actors act like they're acting, in contrast to Perry's more natural
    delivery. Which is fine; it's a sitcom after all.

I liked it when it started, it got muddled in the middle, but by the end I loved it. *Strong* 9.
  18. Aug 11, 2013
    This TV show to me is incredible. It's so funny. But unlike a lot of TV shows, it has depth too. Great cast and amazing characters. I really hope this show doesn't get canceled. It deserves to go on for at least a few seasons.
  19. Sep 12, 2013
    I tune my tv on warner ch just to wait for another late sitcom, and "Go On" is played, Oh Lord, it's a painful to see it....that guy (Mathew Perry) does nobody tell him that his career ends when "Friends" get out of air?

1. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Sep 11, 2012
    Beneath its estimable comic trappings, Go On is something larger: a meditation on what makes life worth living.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Sep 11, 2012
    Maybe the best new sitcom of the fall is one of the first.
  3. Reviewed by: Neil Genzlinger
    Sep 10, 2012
    The comedy in the show is a grab bag, sometimes subtle, sometimes self-consciously outlandish.