• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 26, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 15
6.6

1. May 5, 2013
    My wife is in love with this show. I, on the other hand, just can't get into it. Why is it that almost every character in this show is the HARDEST, TOUGHEST COP in the City. Why is everyone corrupt? Why is Chi McBride doing his best Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon impression.

I just can't get into it. It just bugs me too much. And the storylines just never seem to hook me in, and
    since I don't like any of the characters(except for Chi-and it's obvious he'll die, eventually), I can't care what happens to anyone... Collapse
  2. May 2, 2013
    First episode promised intrigue. What followed, however, is a detective series like any other. Each cop has their own flat character, and each episode plays out exactly the same incoherent conflict while there's yet another dead body nobody could care less about (cast nor audience.)
    If people are still following this show, they must of missed every episode between the first and last
    episode. Anyway, they must be oblivious to the countless other detective series that follow the same format, but do a much better job.
    The only time the question of "whodunit?" ever came to rise, was when I wondered who's creative input killed this show.
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    Golden Boy is decent, just not enough to make me keep watching. I'm tired of the same old crime dramas. I want to see something different, something that redefines TV it self.
  4. Mar 19, 2013
    Golden Boy is a Japanese anime series based around the comedic flavors of Great Teacher Onizuka. This is not the same Golden Boy.

Disappointed.

1. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Feb 26, 2013
    Golden Boy’s half-bakedness--part totally competent TV show, part lazily executed one--permeates throughout.
  2. Reviewed by: Tirdad Derakhshani
    Feb 26, 2013
    It's a terrific idea. But it doesn't quite measure up to its potential.
  3. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Feb 26, 2013
    Somebody tell the creators of shows like this, please, that viewers want engaging characters and entertaining, absorbing storytelling. We really don't need to be whooshing around in time while our heads spin.