• Network: The CW
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.9

1. AshleyB.
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think this show is a good pass time, hard to keep up with if you don't watch it fully, which makes for a good mystery, Gossip Girl is exactly how Gossip is, treacherous, dangerous, and scandalous. It's a great show, the cast is great, no acting problems what so ever. Though the plot lines could be more diverse, but that is just me.
  2. JaniceI.
    Jun 28, 2008
    Narratively more complex than you would expect, plumbs the depths of the tension between what you are and what you present yourself as when you are really trying to figure out what you want to become. Oh, and also, the chemistry & the fashion.
  3. JuliaM
    Oct 20, 2009
    This one of best tv-show - which I saw! This best!!! Anxiously wait continuations.
  4. jojomojo
    Jun 7, 2009
    This is seriously the best show ever. All the characters are actually really complex. Its is so addictive.
  5. KayaS
    Jan 12, 2010
    Well i think this show is for teenager girls. I always watch it and i have to admit its pretty great. Whats the point of commenting and saying you thought its the 'worst show ever made' ...your obviously a lad haha. I really dont know how you dare to be honest, if you dont like it then dont watch it, stupid. If you like Big Brother then you have to like Gossip Girl, BB is much Well i think this show is for teenager girls. I always watch it and i have to admit its pretty great. Whats the point of commenting and saying you thought its the 'worst show ever made' ...your obviously a lad haha. I really dont know how you dare to be honest, if you dont like it then dont watch it, stupid. If you like Big Brother then you have to like Gossip Girl, BB is much more bitchy and everybody is fake, yes mate i said it FAKE. lmao Expand
  6. SeabR.
    Nov 29, 2007
  7. KevinC.
    Oct 4, 2007
    This show is so good and addicting. I like the acting, and the soundtrack is amazing.
  8. MikeM.
    Sep 20, 2007
    It took a while to get going but when it finally did it was terrific. It like a darker version of the OC.
  9. stephanies.
    Nov 3, 2008
    This is the best show in the world!!!! I dont know what i would do with out.
  10. KimR
    Nov 3, 2008
  11. OllyCon
    Oct 23, 2009
    All of those who've gone and voted 0 have never had a "good" time, but I you've probably recognised more dan humpfrey in you than you're comfortable admitting.., loosen up yeesh! Between Chuck's witty banter, Blair's back-handed bitchiness, Dan's plausible black sheepiness and serena and nate's pretty little faces gawking nicely, the show is on the verge All of those who've gone and voted 0 have never had a "good" time, but I you've probably recognised more dan humpfrey in you than you're comfortable admitting.., loosen up yeesh! Between Chuck's witty banter, Blair's back-handed bitchiness, Dan's plausible black sheepiness and serena and nate's pretty little faces gawking nicely, the show is on the verge of chaos yet clings ever so gracefully onto the edge. It's a good show and I'm nicely hooked. Expand
  12. Dec 7, 2010
    I LOVE gossip girl. The characters are absolutely divine and the plot is delicious. I easily watched the first, second, and third season within 3 weeks and did this after school.It definitely has me hooked. And what I love about it is that it isn't just like any typical teenage drama it's just really creative and surprising and the plot always thickens.
  13. KimR
    May 28, 2010
  14. JulR.
    Jun 3, 2008
    Very, very bad!! Worst series ever!!
  15. RickS(jedi)
    Oct 4, 2007
    Ah the show that Paris Hilton would love, or the really poor wanna be ones, standard piece of sh!t show, ungly asian, black token, 25 good looking white girls(including the MILFS). Oh and the acting, the acting is amazing, the best i'v seen in a long time, acting rich must be really hard. This show has nothing new and nothing interesting,watching Days of our Lives or Passion would be Ah the show that Paris Hilton would love, or the really poor wanna be ones, standard piece of sh!t show, ungly asian, black token, 25 good looking white girls(including the MILFS). Oh and the acting, the acting is amazing, the best i'v seen in a long time, acting rich must be really hard. This show has nothing new and nothing interesting,watching Days of our Lives or Passion would be less brain-melting. I truly never knew that rich white guys had all those problems. I'm still not sure which was the targeted audience for this show, girls who watch Tyra or girls, too ulgy to be on Tyra. I know i'm sounding mean, but i'm sure thats the purpose of this show. Expand
  16. KiraL.
    Sep 20, 2007
    This show was like totally stupid, it's nothing like my life or world. Kinda boring, but the girls are somewhat cute and kissable.
  17. JuanitaM.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Disappointing.
  18. EvelynT.
    Mar 29, 2008
    The story never kept me, and the 1st book was the only good place in this thread.
  19. CurtisE.
    Jul 5, 2008
    I felt like the rivalry between Blair Waldorf and Serena Van Der Woodsen ended too early, as the storyline for Jenny Humphrey had little to no depth to it. Chuck Bass also remained a flat character to me though the storyline of his equally dastard father's criticism was not good enough to give him the heart of gold complex; Dan Humphrey's chasing of Serena was less than I felt like the rivalry between Blair Waldorf and Serena Van Der Woodsen ended too early, as the storyline for Jenny Humphrey had little to no depth to it. Chuck Bass also remained a flat character to me though the storyline of his equally dastard father's criticism was not good enough to give him the heart of gold complex; Dan Humphrey's chasing of Serena was less than entertaining, while the love triangle between the parents was actually comical but dramatic and intriguing. On the brightside, although most protagonists in the show start off as rich and one dimensional, you see them slowly evolve - that is what a Season Two is for... Further character develop that every character on Gossip Girl so desperately needs. Expand
  20. Bob
    Feb 6, 2009
    A terrible show that takes a bunch of preppy rich kids and trys to make it seem hard. The girls think that people actually care about their stupid relationships. And the whole point of the show is idiotic. Probably one of the worst shows ever created! It really lives up to the book though.
  21. MRq
    May 14, 2009
    Are you kidding me? Where do I begin? I didn't know there were bars in the U.S.A. where teens just hang out at any time any day... what about all the hilarious lines spewed out by the rich teenager, who apparently can do what he wants when he wants....Do they show the parents at all on this garbage show???
  22. AanchalPuri
    Oct 11, 2007
    I personally liked the show it is hot & raunchy
  23. MeganC.
    Sep 19, 2007
    I'm banning this show because the CW canceled Veronica Mars! It looks stupid anyway.
  24. KevinL.
    Sep 24, 2007
    The acting in this series is very weak. The lead character(s) don't have the "pull in" factor that really makes them stand out. It is very weak spirited and shows a lack of strong sense of original story development.
  25. StuartS.
    Aug 21, 2009
    This truly is the worst show ever made!!! 90210 was bad, really bad but compared to Gossip girls it is a masterpiece like no other! The acting, the script, the so called plot, are all complete and total crap and as for that stupid talkover.....seriously!! Whoever commisioned this pile of trash needs to be sacked, slapped and then shot!
  26. SadS.
    Dec 4, 2007
    This show is terrible!The storyline has been seen at least a trillion times and the "raciness" is the only reason people watch this.
  27. Ashley
    Oct 14, 2007
    I love the books and the show. It; does have the effect of gossip, and I can't seem to pull myself away from it. It's about the super elite, so of course some people won't like it.
  28. DonaldS
    Oct 6, 2007
    It's good. It's a teen soap, but it's a good teen soap. C'mon now people, let let the characters have some development time. It's everything I loved about "Rosswell" (season 1), "The O.C.", "Veronica Mars", "Buffy" (mainly highscool Buffy), and other such teen/highscool dramadys.
  29. KatieC.
    Sep 20, 2007
    Celebrity gossip sites, fast food, $100 jeans, and now Gossip Girl. This is the guilty pleasure that has been missing since the final season of the OC. It's a fun, mindless, and racy show. It doesn't have to have plot depth or character development--if you want those things, read a book. If you want to watch a mindless show with a beautiful cast and beautiful sets, watch Gossip Celebrity gossip sites, fast food, $100 jeans, and now Gossip Girl. This is the guilty pleasure that has been missing since the final season of the OC. It's a fun, mindless, and racy show. It doesn't have to have plot depth or character development--if you want those things, read a book. If you want to watch a mindless show with a beautiful cast and beautiful sets, watch Gossip Girl. I am. Expand
  30. TalL.
    Oct 4, 2007
    Has potential need to be matured up a little.
  31. BlairC.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Gossip Girl is amazing it Is one of the best shows I've ever seen. its complex plot and deep characters keep your interest.
  32. AngieB.
    May 4, 2008
    It sucks bad sometimes, but sometimes it is awesome. The music, costumes and cinematography are pretty good. The actors work well with what they've got, but it gets pretty hard to say sentimental crap all the time. The scandal is often well-crafted. I think that's what brings me back.
  33. AlanahM
    Oct 2, 2007
    Fun, dirty, naughty, sexy. It's not meant to be an eloquently written masterpiece. It's the worst kind of guilty pleasure, with all the stuff we loved from the OC (when it was good) plus NYC. Lots of back stabbing, gossiping, delectable drama. Love it.
  34. PaulaV.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Love it!!!
  35. JulietteP.
    Mar 18, 2008
    Excellent show, brilliant actors: Gorgeous!!
  36. MattA.
    Apr 28, 2008
    I can't say it's as much a trashy guilty pleasure as the first season of The O.C. was, but it is still good stuff. The characters are more likable and the fact that it is set in New York is a huge plus, but The O.C. has the advantage of coming first. Other than that, great TV where you don't need to think.
  37. RobertD.
    Aug 3, 2008
    Think "The O.C." with more attractive, less 'quirky' (read: annoying) characters and an immensely engaging plot. This show makes no excuses for what it is - it's mindless TV at its best - and its fantastically entertaining!
  38. ee
    Oct 11, 2007
    Good, nasty teen fun. I love that it's shot entirely on location in NYC. Penn Badgley is delicious.
  39. DeborahL
    Nov 15, 2007
    a train wreck, and of course it's difficult to turn away. Metacritic needs to correct its blurb: this is about the Upper EAST Side, not the UWS, which is way crunchier
  40. HeronC.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Gossip Girl is fun , dirty and sexy.Gossip Girl is like The O.C , i loved
    Oct 17, 2007
    Can't help but watch the drama to see what happens next.
  42. EdieR.
    Oct 22, 2007
    i love it!
  43. Angie
    Oct 26, 2007
    I like it, it keeps me coming back for more.
  44. YokoJ.
    Oct 28, 2007
    I LOVE this show!!! I love how catty and unrealistic everything is for some reason. Jenny is my favorite!
  45. RobinR.
    Sep 19, 2007
    It wasn't bad - sorta of a updated highschool/prep school version of St. Elmo's Fire I thought. I would watch it again.
  46. AngelaN.
    Sep 19, 2007
    gossip girl was a great show. im appaulled that it got bad reviews, sure its nothing truly new but it's based on a book that has an incredible loyal fan base. so what if a newcomer doesn't appreciate it, long time fans are loving it, and support it all the way. so poo you if you hate it.
  47. Bettina
    Sep 24, 2007
    I have read most of the books and it was nothing like the books. The books kept you interested and wanting more. The show was very boring and I definitely do not care to see it again.
  48. ND
    Sep 27, 2007
    The people that won't like this show are the people who don't give a *#!& about the latest Britney fiasco or who in Hollywood is fighting. Some of us, however, are addicted to that stuff like crack. I agree with Katie C. - this is definitely candy in every sense. The cast is hot (though most don't pass as high school kids..who cares?). The story lines are exciting and The people that won't like this show are the people who don't give a *#!& about the latest Britney fiasco or who in Hollywood is fighting. Some of us, however, are addicted to that stuff like crack. I agree with Katie C. - this is definitely candy in every sense. The cast is hot (though most don't pass as high school kids..who cares?). The story lines are exciting and slightly evil. It's not Shakespeare, but it's what I want to watch after a long day. Expand
  49. KimR
    Mar 24, 2008
  50. juliar
    Jan 14, 2009
    I consider this show to be an 8, only because they wreck too many Chuck and Blair scenes. They could've been together so many times by now
  51. EmilyC.
    Nov 12, 2007
    Oh my gosh! This is one of my favorite shows, I download it and watch it every week. Over and over at that. I love the actress that plays Serena, which is why I was first interested in the show and why I first watched it. I love the fact that it's so funny and unrealistic, but at the same time, it is the same kinds of things that happen in real life.
  52. EdieR.
    Nov 23, 2007
    i love it!
  53. AmandaB.
    Dec 25, 2007
    I love this show.
  54. Sep 9, 2010
    The best tv show ever whats going on with season 2, 3 and 4 hellooooooo metacritic turn on the job of review the new season you morons This show is the best thing on TV and people are squirming because it shows teenagers in a negative light. nevermind that it is devilishly entertaining and well acted. heaven forbid you let your perfectly behaved little angels watch it. everyone knows youThe best tv show ever whats going on with season 2, 3 and 4 hellooooooo metacritic turn on the job of review the new season you morons This show is the best thing on TV and people are squirming because it shows teenagers in a negative light. nevermind that it is devilishly entertaining and well acted. heaven forbid you let your perfectly behaved little angels watch it. everyone knows you Tivo it and watch it once they're asleep. BAD PARENTS! Expand
  55. Sep 9, 2010
    Like lot of CW shows, this one had A LOT of potential. Very hot cast, very provocative. If we exclude the Gossip Girl character the show is nothing more then one cliche teen show. This season had LOT of potential but didn't live up to it. If the whole Chair thing was moved to second season, people would've be able to see more Blair/Nate, and etc. The character of Jenny could have beenLike lot of CW shows, this one had A LOT of potential. Very hot cast, very provocative. If we exclude the Gossip Girl character the show is nothing more then one cliche teen show. This season had LOT of potential but didn't live up to it. If the whole Chair thing was moved to second season, people would've be able to see more Blair/Nate, and etc. The character of Jenny could have been improved and the storyline between Rufus and Lilly was unnecessary at least this early. Expand
  56. Nov 18, 2010
    Love, love, LOVE this show. Love the romance between Blair and chuck! I love their chemistry! And let's not forget the awesome fashion!! Keep up the good work everyone. This show deserves more recognition!
  57. Dec 10, 2010
    Im in love with this program! Although slightly hard to keep up the acting is great. The characters are well sided and have more to them than what might be seen through the few first episodes! The program was made for teenagers but can be enjoyed by many! My main problem with the show is that sometimes the plot lines seem to happen over and over again with each character but all in all IIm in love with this program! Although slightly hard to keep up the acting is great. The characters are well sided and have more to them than what might be seen through the few first episodes! The program was made for teenagers but can be enjoyed by many! My main problem with the show is that sometimes the plot lines seem to happen over and over again with each character but all in all I really do love this program Expand
  58. Feb 28, 2011
    Gossip girl, where should i start. First the show is a bit silly and doesn't set up a good example . But its fun to watch , cause people haven't seen that teenage stupidity in those quantities.
    So teenages love it , its a hit . Will be watched.
  59. Sep 12, 2011
    oh my god! where do I start... This show is amazing. Lots of drama, cliffhangers, sex, lies and scandals! is the best show I have ever watched in my entire life. L O V E I T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  60. Nov 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. gossip girl is soooo awesome i just love the show i am watching every episode and i love the drama Expand
  61. Dec 30, 2011
    i watch every episode and i have bought the second season and the books.i love thiis series.i just love it!!but you must see many episodes to understand the next
  62. Jan 22, 2012
    This show needs to be cancelled before all sanctity is lost. I've been watching Gossip Girl since season 1, and have enjoyed it (for the most part) since. After a lousy season 3, I was pleasantly surprised when season 4 presented some interesting story lines. Season 5 has been a train wreck (okay, car wreck to follow suit of the show's most repeated tragedy), to say the least. The plot hasThis show needs to be cancelled before all sanctity is lost. I've been watching Gossip Girl since season 1, and have enjoyed it (for the most part) since. After a lousy season 3, I was pleasantly surprised when season 4 presented some interesting story lines. Season 5 has been a train wreck (okay, car wreck to follow suit of the show's most repeated tragedy), to say the least. The plot has become repetitive, everyone has dated everyone, and, as far as I'm concerned, the show's only redeeming quality at this point is its wardrobe. Unless you are a teen girl vying for a little bit of drama outside your world of homework and after-school lacrosse practice, I'd recommend skipping it, you're definitely not missing out. If you have watched previous seasons and feel guilty for abandoning the show, do what I do: read the recaps, watch the promos for the next week and save yourself 35 minutes of disappointment. Expand
  63. ETV
    Apr 21, 2012
    My guilty pleasure!!! At first. But I know proudly say I love GG. The first season was full of epic moments and is now one of my all-time favourite shows. You must check it out if you like ott drama
  64. Mar 2, 2015
    The show had amazing character development. I really felt like I could relate to the characters although we had nothing in common. My only complaints with the show was the amount of irony. It seemed like if things weren't going right for a particular character it was because of an irony. Like *spoiler* when Chuck slept with Jenny when he thought Blair didn't show up to the Empire StateThe show had amazing character development. I really felt like I could relate to the characters although we had nothing in common. My only complaints with the show was the amount of irony. It seemed like if things weren't going right for a particular character it was because of an irony. Like *spoiler* when Chuck slept with Jenny when he thought Blair didn't show up to the Empire State Building. She showed, she was just late because Dorota went into labor. And he is too proud to wait for more than 5 minutes. So as soon as they were back together and happy, they were over. Also they introduced WAYYYY to many new characters over the course of the life of the show. Every other episode a new person was introduced. It was exhausting. All in all I loved the show. Expand

It's one of the worst new series--but for its cardboard acting and writing, not for the morals.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    The cast is as good as its target demo, but I admire its fleet pace and sly craft. [21 Sep 2007, p.72]
  3. It's so consumed with its of-the-moment zeitgeist embodiment that it forgets to give its characters any depth beyond their reshaped noses.